Where is the fun?

ClaireFlavor25

One of the greatest parts of this game was the ability to choose what skill you wanted to use. It gave a "play however you want to play" vibe to the game but with this new update, players are forced to give up some skills in order to cater to this new skill system. This has really damaged some classes. Take Soul Fighters for instance. Soul Fighters lost many features that made them fun. The only way to use the skill Dragonpunch now is to use focus chi. This skill in particular was what made Soul Fighters so satisfying to play as. Building up chi to unleash a fury of blows was the best! Now all Soul Fighters can do is hold down one button for most of the game. There is no fun in playing as a Soul Fighter anymore. To make matters worse for Soul Fighters, they are now forced to use the Earth Build if they want to do Naryu Foundry. The Earth build is even more dull than the new Ice build and does not do nearly as much damage. 

TL;DR Soul Fighters are not fun to play as anymore and the new skill system doesn't have the freedom the previous skill system had. It feels like NCsoft NA lost track of what made this game fun.

14 minutes ago, Lamae said:

This applies to mix builds of any class, in general no more mix builds. Sad that they have to resort to this to nerf me.

I'll never see comet ,searing, comet + wind buff from raven and searing palm at unleashed effect+ fire buff from raven at same build/ rotation.

1 hour ago, UnderJustin said:

I don't understand you, i'm having fun, now the other classes do not make those plays so annoying, while my main destroyer was not affected by these skill tree changes :v. Goodnight.

Its always nice when you aren't affected by it, but to go all through the trouble just to say it. does this mean your happy everyone got nerfed in some ways?

21 minutes ago, Lamae said:

Its always nice when you aren't affected by it, but to go all through the trouble just to say it. does this mean your happy everyone got nerfed in some ways?

Yes as Destroyer we are happy cause BM, SF, Warlocks who topping the pvp because of their mixing of pve and pvp skills together making us Destroyer looks bad and mocking us by this hyprid builds.

Yes as destroyer we are happy because we been the bottom of tthis game for so long, time for other classes to taste the pain of it.

And everyone sad because they can't hyprid their skills no more ?

Well as Destroyer we was forced to choose our skills and we was limited because of HM skill point.

So yes we are not sad and we are happy now, Since every class is limited like us and we can now get full access to our full skills like other classes

14 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Yes as Destroyer we are happy cause BM, SF, Warlocks who topping the pvp because of their mixing of pve and pvp skills together making us Destroyer looks bad and mocking us by this hyprid builds.

Yes as destroyer we are happy because we been the bottom of tthis game for so long, time for other classes to taste the pain of it.

Well as Destroyer we was forced to choose our skills and we was limited because of HM skill point.

So yes we are not sad and we are happy now, Since every class is limited like us and we can now get full access to our full skills like other classes

Have to be an awful destroyer to feel weak back then. My second character is hm 10 destroyer I had no problem with skill pts pve wise, nor pvp wise. Destroyer was one of the top pvp class for god knows how long. 

Anyways, I was never a mixed build KFM(yes I main KFM). I stayed full wind build before the change even happened. My dps is slightly higher than what it was pre-patch. Mixed build was probably a bit higher but it's nothing to cry over.

Learn to fully optimize your damage output with the 1 element change rather than pointlessly crying over a change that happened months ago and was due to come to us sooner or later. Or even a better idea, learn korean and go make a well worded angry letter to KR NCsoft about this.

3 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

yes this system sucks, fm cant do f key triple shots, warlock cant make ice and dark hybrid build

Don't worry, as time goes by, everyone will get used to it and learn their new class combo again. I cant count how many times they have buffed and nerfed certain class and re-balancing their skills. But hey, the fact that we are still playing this game after tons of changes means that we can deal with it.

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

so in this case i can use lvl50 voucher for destroyer class?

37 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

Don't worry, as time goes by, everyone will get used to it and learn their new class combo again. I cant count how many times they have buffed and nerfed certain class and re-balancing their skills. But hey, the fact that we are still playing this game after tons of changes means that we can deal with it.

This change is not the same as the past changes. Nothing near... its not the same as changing destroyer execute cd from 18 -24sec then 24 sec to 30 sec, no this is different... this is a complete restriction for example its like telling you can't eat the cake while the one before is simply telling you that you can only have 1/3 of the cake.

5 hours ago, Lamae said:

Have to be an awful destroyer to feel weak back then. My second character is hm 10 destroyer I had no problem with skill pts pve wise, nor pvp wise. Destroyer was one of the top pvp class for god knows how long. 

Top pvp classes ?

Sure every championship that went on the  last 3 years did say they are top, When they couldn't even reach rank 5 in 1v1 matches maybe they did reach top in 3v3 championship otherwise no they didn't reach top in 1v1 at all.

And yes destroyer was very awful against pver warlock who can just spam their pve skills endless without brain, Now with their hyper build nerfed and destroyer shield enhance we got a chance to stand against their powerful rage.

Yes before I couldn't reach my full SS skill tree because lack of skill point while all other classes got their SS locked read without any skill point, Yes I was the only class that couldn't make Unconscious effect because I need to waste 3 skills point in the skill tree of C to able to do that while other classes got it for free without skill point special BD who got double that effect.

Yes I couldn't reach maximum skill point on my cc skill tree even while now I can

On 4/14/2017 at 6:01 AM, Valiant said:

Top pvp classes ?

Sure every championship that went on the  last 3 years did say they are top, When they couldn't even reach rank 5 in 1v1 matches maybe they did reach top in 3v3 championship otherwise no they didn't reach top in 1v1 at all.

And yes destroyer was very awful against pver warlock who can just spam their pve skills endless without brain, Now with their hyper build nerfed and destroyer shield enhance we got a chance to stand against their powerful rage.

Yes before I couldn't reach my full SS skill tree because lack of skill point while all other classes got their SS locked read without any skill point, Yes I was the only class that couldn't make Unconscious effect because I need to waste 3 skills point in the skill tree of C to able to do that while other classes got it for free without skill point special BD who got double that effect.

Yes I couldn't reach maximum skill point on my cc skill tree even while now I can

someone help me on this one? this guy believes dest never been in top 10 of pvp arena(he from eu) he says he want to put enemies unconscious in arena because that is really a sane move.  unconscious enemy regenerates hp way faster than you could probably deal them in competitive level so why would they bother to use tab out of unconscious state their cool downs are ticking down as well and any damage that hit them that isn't cc will wake them. 

Archived