Upcoming Skill Changes

Kurokazu

3 hours ago, Paluxy said:

For me was the grapple one of the most important skills at PvP and PvE .............

I really don't understand why they done something like that . :(

The grapple was not an OP skill by any means, nor that useful. 

To mee it seems animations are kinda slower. But might be just an impression.

Well, the grapple heal was kind of nice. If the enemy didnt have a tab, you could heal yourself since they couldnt escape. I just don't like how these changes were kind of snuck in, I suppose? Apparently WL's got a real nasty nerf, but I didn't see any class changes in the patch notes, unless I completely skipped over them. :< 

I haven't used WL much but I know every build you can't really hybrid anymore. Force Masters took a nasty nerf with some of their moves. One of their powerful ice skills can't be thrown 3 times in succession. I'm still getting used to not being able to have wind and fire for the KFM. Grapple was a good defense breaker for me besides triple kick.

I suspect they removed grapple because ice guard and blue buff have dominated the competitive tournament scene for ages. In PvE it has long since been unused as well, with restraint grabs by BD and DES much preferred. I was keen to use ground grapple in 6v6, but since I knew about this change in advance I did not bother getting used to it.

Does anyone have some solid info on which skills were made slower? I have the distinct feeling tiger strike and swift strike have slowed down a lot... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Heard about the expansion came back into the game grabbed my character and after learning what I could about the changes noticed grapple was missing and that's how I discovered this post...

Grapple was simply a fun mechanic and a unique one at that and they gutted it and I could've lived with changes in numbers but if the entire mechanic is gone then I guess it was a waste to reinstall.

If during their skill streamlining, they had bound it to a different key instead, so that we can use it without having to sacrifice blue buff/ice guard, KFM would have become so overpowered. :D

At least the mechanic is still there air to ground, so as a delayer very useful.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived