Can't decide my self help : /

iTzEnes

Hi,i'm pretty new to the game,i'm back after more then 1 year and i can't decide my self,i love the playstyle/skills of warlock and assassin but which is better in pve ? and who in pvp ?

and also which is the more easiest to play in pvp ?

thank's in advance.

12 minutes ago, iTzEnes said:

And which of them is the more easiest to play in pvp ? Also who dela more dmg/dps ?

I think sin is easier at low rank pvp but as ranks go higher you need to learn it better. Both are atm high in DPS in pve but I think sin is a bit easier to deal high dps but of course since it's melee it is a bit harder than WL.

34 minutes ago, iTzEnes said:

and also which is the more easiest to play in pvp ?

It depends on your playstyle: someone can easily get a high rank with WL/SIN, because he/she can play this class perfectly. Others will suffer, if they haven't knowledge about their class and other classes.

Best thing you can do: try both, play both and choose the one, which suits you more. Dont play a class because of his popularity, play one which "touched your soul".

Both classes do well in PvP, even in low ranks, Warlock can win pretty easily if you're specced for Dragon Helix.

Warlock and Assassin also do very well in PvE because of their party utilities (WL Soulburn and Sin Fighting Spirit).

I have both classes at 600+ and adore both, I would say Sin is a lot more fun to play because it needs a lot more interaction and skill to play well than a WL, melee overall is more interesting than the ranged classes. Ultimately, try both and see which one you prefer... make the second choice an alt later down the road so you can have both. :)

6 minutes ago, iTzEnes said:

What you mean with situational ?

Need to meet some conditions to reach their potential, some of which can be really painful. Their dps is either too high or none according to situation.

2 minutes ago, iTzEnes said:

I still don't understand what you mean.

Is hard to gear ?

Is hard to handle/play it ?

I hard to make good combo to do the higher dps ?

etc ..

They need to be in stealth to do damage or have 5 poison stacks on enemy, otherwise you can find yourself begging for a single poison stack or a way to enter stealth mode while moving around like a training dummy. They don't have an attack pattern outside these two conditions (5 poison or stealth).

9 minutes ago, GG Easy said:

Need to meet some conditions to reach their potential, some of which can be really painful. Their dps is either too high or none according to situation.

Is hard to gear ?

etc ..

1 hour ago, iTzEnes said:

Is hard to gear ?

etc ..

Sin is probably easier to gear, since a lot of the content you can just perma-stealth through, but as previous guy was saying, Sin is harder to maintain high DPS, probably even more so after 12:th when hybrids are killed off completely. You have to either have 5 poison stacks (if you play dark build but also in lightning) or maintain stealth (lightning only). Going into stealth as dark build is pretty much only to get back focus, avoid an attack, CC something or get close to your target. While going out of stealth in lightning build is only to get back into stealth or to quickly apply 5 poison stacks and then go into stealth.

I personally prefer WL, mostly because DRAGONS! but also because I generally like the (ice build) rotation better.

The damage is pretty much dependent on the amount of HM skills and/or soul badges on each. Without HM skills, I think  (lightning) Sin is a bit stronger. If (ice) WL have HM dragoncall, I think WL is much stronger. If (dark) Sin have HM lmb/rmb and fighting spirit, I think Sin is stronger. If (shadow) WL have HM rmb, dragon helix and dragon helix soul badge, I think Wl is stronger.

As far as buffs go, I think Soulburn is better alone than blue buff, but soulburn with blue buff is straight up awesome.

choose char that can stealth like summoner or sin, more long life in pvp lol, because u can hide when your skill on cd,

not like wl, your only option is press 1, if you have high ping press 1 sometime miss, i like fm when they skill on CD they can just Freeze themself immune to any other attack, while skil tab bastion wl only give u block up to 5 attack

17 minutes ago, iTzEnes said:

What about the openworld pvp ?

Sin seem much better for what i see on youtube ..

Depending on server group, you might not get the chance to do open world PvP, but you can certainly be more of nuisance to others with Sin than WL. Sin can go into stealth and stall for cooldowns and burn escapes, WL can't hide if it gets rough.

2 hours ago, Yndril said:

Depending on server group, you might not get the chance to do open world PvP, but you can certainly be more of nuisance to others with Sin than WL. Sin can go into stealth and stall for cooldowns and burn escapes, WL can't hide if it gets rough.

pretty much it.
I usually favor stealth classes in multiplayer games, but in BNS playing sin good requires a lot of training in combos that simply aren't Intuitive for me.
So i actually in a way glad that open world pvp is not rly the main point in this game. And stealth in the arena doesn't provide all the fun and benefits that it has in open world. So i can main a WL with peace in my soul.

36 minutes ago, SadFace said:

pretty much it.
I usually favor stealth classes in multiplayer games, but in BNS playing sin good requires a lot of training in combos that simply aren't Intuitive for me.
So i actually in a way glad that open world pvp is not rly the main point in this game. And stealth in the arena doesn't provide all the fun and benefits that it has in open world. So i can main a WL with peace in my soul.

Yeah, assassin here is nothing like any assassin/dagger class i 've seen in other games. I can give many examples about assassins having stealth only for initiation, first hit or surprise attack, high damage skills with very long cooldowns, you either be successful on assassination or die/run away. They don't fit the assassin theme exactly here. That can be the reason they are not the most popular class here, like they are generally in all other games. It wouldn't fit this game anyways.

If we ignore weapon and skills' appearance, warlock and destroyer are more like assassins in terms of killing style.

13 minutes ago, GG Easy said:

Yeah, assassin here is nothing like any assassin/dagger class i 've seen in other games.

oh that is so true. But you can say it for almost any other class in the game - it's not just sin but the whole game differs a lot from standard mmorpg combat formula.
I would also say that sins in BNS are actually more authentic to their real prototypes (or at least to their typical movie depiction). Think about ninja - we all know oh so good from the movies that they where very disciplined warriors that attack from shadows and uses a lot of very complex technics etc. But what we have in a regular rpg when we play "ninja" class? We simply go stealth go behind enemy's back and press few buttons to deal great dmg. That is not a complex techinc nor it is something that required discipline... And then there are sins in BNS. That are using stealth mostly for initiation or as a utility, and that required a lot of discipline and patience from the player to train and execute their complicated combos. I rly like the game for what it is doing with it's classes. Not only they differ so much from their counterparts from other games, not only they are deep and interesting with long learning curve, but they are actually reflecting their class persona in their gameplay on some meta 4th wall breaking level.

35 minutes ago, GG Easy said:

If we ignore weapon and skills' appearance, warlock and destroyer are more like assassins in terms of killing style

I don't see a connection here tho...

23 minutes ago, SadFace said:

I don't see a connection here tho...

He means burst damage.

And about assassin dps and warlock dps, assassin is probably higher in perfect conditions where you don't have to pay attention to aoes and stuff. But considering how melee unfriendly the game is, that's usually not the case.

12 minutes ago, ander01se said:

He means burst damage.

This is BNS! Everyone have high DPS and 100-0 combos. Fire bm can kill me in 3-4 seconds if i don't do something. HM Z to 4 to stun to tab and then rmb+rmb+rmb = dead.

5 hours ago, iTzEnes said:

And about the patch for the 12th april which would be better to play ?

Haven't looked into those classes' changes that much, I think their changes are pretty minor, so guess it would be the same as before patch?

Edit: I think WL got a nastier air-combo with the new patch, but can't confirm if that change ever made it out of test realm.

16 hours ago, Yndril said:

Haven't looked into those classes' changes that much, I think their changes are pretty minor, so guess it would be the same as before patch?

Edit: I think WL got a nastier air-combo with the new patch, but can't confirm if that change ever made it out of test realm.

"Nastier air-combo"? what you mean ?

Archived