Everyone's input of current difficulty of dungeons

Junxy

4 hours ago, Charas Blade said:

Now I'll make my ignorance post , while I have 750+ ap and yes all these no sense AP requirements, because I play lets say max 4h, how I suppose to do all dailies if I starts running with low AP ppl, here is perfect example yeti can be done by party of 400+ ap with mechanics and takes around 20 min in total, while I do it in 4 in around 6 minutes.

Speaking of Nexus I guess everybody hate that rng run, but now we need to do it Q.Q. So back to time spend in game

Lair- 7mins

Necro - 15mins

Yeti - 7mins

cs/mandate - 5mins/each

gloom - 15-20mins

nexus - 10-30mins

asura - 25mins

masts - 15-20mins

tomb - 20mins

ebon citadel - 20-25mins

nf - 20-30mins

and that is a bit more than 3h just for runs, you spend time in between runs, so 4h.

If you spend 2h in game and say there is nothing to do, I'm sorry. But you won't get any progress in it

P.S. Please don't start calling me whale because I play almost from launch of the game so around 11 months 

Uhh I so feel for this. Best day was when I finished Necro and Gloom in 29 minutes and 1 minute before server reset. That was amazing. But I agree with those times you just showed not to mention all the waiting in between if you don't have permanent party that runs always the dungeons at the same time each day.

19 hours ago, Junxy said:

Now, we can't tell them to NOT run those dungeons. They simply .. have to. They need that tiny gold per day, they need the materials, they need the soul shields, how else can they improve?

True.

and this has been my concern for so long... Why no "conformity" between dungeon in daily challenge with player ?..like say HM lvl or other stuff.  The reason on why we can have HM-3 in Sogun is because they simply have no choice. They may not able to guarantee victory in pvp quest or TOI. let alone beluga and battleground.

19 hours ago, Junxy said:

What are everyone's thughts on the difficulty of 6 man dungeons? Should the difficulty for 6 man dungeons be lowered (everything below Ebondrake) to make the game more acceptable for the masses of new players? Lets hear them!

Difficulty is just typical... not really hard i think. The most disturbing issue lies in player behavior and attitude.

ok but people do it right me and my wife post carrie 1 or 2 people the rest must be over 550 or 500 because we always help lower lvls but i have seen the People have good shit dont care about no one else but them self also they are more pay to win not to have fun alot of us dont spend a shit load of money me and my wife just  got our stuff maxxed all we are waiting for is the Legandry stuff to upgrade and some of the upgrades are not right or proper so me and my wife would help but i have sat in a single dung or refused to do it because of a people not having the Proper Gear or anything like that so i will Sit out not fight it or if i dont get hearts in asura or nexus because you got these Lower lvls who think they are a bad ass and start it without asking if people are ready or got hearts.even withour stuff maxxed they still tell us to leave it is BS.this is the Higher Dungs the ones that are complex

What the game really needs is a tiered rating of Daily Challenges. Like, the current system is good if you are 600+ AP. But for those between 500-600, it shouldn't include stuff like Asura and Gloomdross Incursion, and for 400-500, it shouldn't include stuff like Masts and Nexus.

If it were up to me, these are the changes I'd make.

BSH/Poh6 - Accessory drops are guaranteed from every boss. Alternatively, allow it so you can upgrade straight from True Infernal to Oathbreaker.

Tainted Lab - Have a specific Chromatic weapon drop every run.

Awakened Necropolis - 4 waves of demons seals a site instead of 6

Yeti Cave - This is one of the dungeons that needs a giant nerf. Its mechanics are simple enough if you're with people you know, but at this point it's just a queue and spam dungeon. Maybe lower the damage of the heat phase failure by 50% and make the cold phase failure not one-shot.

Heaven's Mandate - No more scale requirement

Cold Storage - No more orbs

Outside of those, I think that the rest are balanced, and some are actually a bit too high. For instance, Masts is surprisingly easy once you know the mechanics.

again this...

PING > SKILL > ALL STATS > AP

AP AP AP boooo, means nothing

sad fact is, watching dps meter in f8, im starting to believe that majority of population of this game has 300+ ping, or theyre just afking

NECRO+YETI+LAIR 4man are all "490+" dungeons, i remember them farming pretty fast about silverfrost patch, true pirate and max awakened oath bracelet, that was it, today with similar geared group it is just impossible, and its all nerfed to hell, so much easier than in past

On the subject of difficulty, the real issue with dungeons is just how scripted they are. I don't have a problem with gear requirements, though plenty of people in F8 have no idea of what is actually necessary. For the most part, the mechanics are plainly unintuitive and simply require you to go through the motions and parrot some online guide, rather than be creative or able to adapt to dynamic situations. You are basically playing a dressed up version of Simon Says.

It gets old, fast. I've played since launch and dungeons introduced after Asura just stopped exciting me altogether.

So, because of the event running right now, the Confidence buff you get for being in a group gives 100+ bonus AP, my 581 kfm is running 695 AP when in a group... why do we not have this kind of bonus for players who have had under 10 runs for a dungeon so people would be more forgiving of newbies showing up in their groups. Seriously, rewarding the high geared and experienced players for having lower geared and newbie players would go a long way to fixing the craziness that is F8.

16 minutes ago, Meginb said:

So, because of the event running right now, the Confidence buff you get for being in a group gives 100+ bonus AP, my 581 kfm is running 695 AP when in a group... why do we not have this kind of bonus for players who have had under 10 runs for a dungeon so people would be more forgiving of newbies showing up in their groups. Seriously, rewarding the high geared and experienced players for having lower geared and newbie players would go a long way to fixing the craziness that is F8.

Hm it does not realy matter. I was kicked right now from mandate cuz i'm only 527+100. I'm just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing scare to try any new dungeon i never tryed.

18 minutes ago, Meginb said:

I'll tell you a good part of the reason why we have ridiculous gear requirements. It's no secret people have been quitting this game and the remaining players tend to be those who have sunk a considerable amount of time and money into the game. Throw in the fact that progression is still somewhat slow for newcomers, so there isn't a lot of demand for endgame dungeons from intermediately geared players (which I consider anybody between 550-650AP) as their population is relatively low now.

I think things are fine the way they are now but i wouldn't mind if they made 6man easier especially for tombs and foundry but at the same time, they should also make the 4man versions harder for those that always wants the challenge. I think WoW has a pretty good idea on how to deal with dungeons mechanics. They got 4 diff modes, casual, normal, heroic, and mythic. The bosses uses their skills differently in diff modes. Some people either have slow reflexes, bad learners, or just wants to get their dallies done and don't really care about hard bosses. That's where casual comes in for them. Some are like computers that always wants that 100% perfect or wipe party and that's where mythic mode comes in for them. But of course even in casual, your party can't just stand still and dps the boss non stop, You'll still have to avoid aoes and stuff. I think it'll be best if BnS make 3 modes with casual mode, normal mode, and hardcore mode.

16 hours ago, Lerialis said:

Hm it does not realy matter. I was kicked right now from mandate cuz i'm only 527+100. I'm just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing scare to try any new dungeon i never tryed.

IF SOMEONE kicked you on mandate for ap reasons, be sure u are SAFER now because he was a complete idiot player.

i believe he kicked you for some friend... so, dont be scared. be nice.

Archived