Nerf BM

DannyInfect

BM is supposed to be a tank, but they always do top DPS in parties! and in pvp, by the Soul of my blade, they are just insane with their Damage, Like fighting a BM is just like insane and scary. If you screw up you're gonna lose a buttload of health in mere seconds. The BM has become a bit OP with flametongue and becomes a Tank/DPS class

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you screw up you're gonna lose a buttload of health in mere seconds

Tell me one class that if you "screw up" you wont lose a buttload of health in mere seconds?

Bad players QQ because they cant play their class right...

I do agree with OP.. In typical NCsoft fashion they tried to raise the DPS of a low DPS class and  gave them too much power instead. They went from one of the easiest classes to beat in pvp to one of the hardest in one update. The flame build can lay out mass amounts of damage in seconds. My husband (who quit a while ago) was watching me do a WWV match and when I was three shot he said that was a damn good Assassin.. I had to correct him that it was a BladeMaster.. Even he couldn't believe how much a lower level BM did to me.

Just give it time though, anyone that has been a part of the NCsoft family will know it will only be a few months before the newest OP class is nerfed to the point of worthless and a new one will rise in it's place.

Lol, is your concern really about them being super strong in PVP with new skill or it's just your ego being hurt by them being top DPS class at the moment? Because if it's PVP then I don't see any reason to whine because we have summoners and KFM and Destroyer and SIN and BD yet you're not complaining about them. Try to make a mistake against these classes I dare ya and against summoner even if you don't make a mistake you'll get wrecked anyways so just get used to that. On the serious note now, unless you play your class at its full potential you don't get to whine about someone being OP. Because BM can be beaten, sin can be beaten and any class as long as you play your class smart. Peace.

Tanks have skills and or gear that mitigates damage. Other then a spammable Block which a few other Classes also have, BM has no skills that mitigate damage nor access to any gear that you don't.

Threat skills do not equal Tank.. BnS has no Tanks, no healers NO MMO Trinity. BM's are DPS just like every other class in this game.  They just have skills to control boss movement.

BM's are not top DPS FM's almost always do more dps if gear is equal.

34 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

Tanks have skills and or gear that mitigates damage. Other then a spammable Block which a few other Classes also have, BM has no skills that mitigate damage nor access to any gear that you don't.

Threat skills do not equal Tank.. BnS has no Tanks, no healers NO MMO Trinity. BM's are DPS just like every other class in this game.  They just have skills to control boss movement.

Isn't holding aggro and keeping yourself alive also and doing damage is what Tank is about? Or maybe I'm missing something.

20 minutes ago, Beleth said:

Isn't holding aggro and keeping yourself alive also and doing damage is what Tank is about? Or maybe I'm missing something.

Your missing something. Tanks Mitigate Damage! Hence the word "Tank" a big armored vehicle that is hard to hurt.

A BM can't mitigate any more damage then most other classes. HM Block? A few other classes have similar skill. Spammable Block? A few other classes have similar skill. More iframes? Some classes have same amount or more. A single ounce of less damage taken from a hit? Nope not an ounce less.

Being able to control the flow of a fight and direction of Boss does not make BM or KFM tanks. Sorry I see no "Tank" in this role. Your just stuck in the Trinity mind set and can't get over that fact that it just doesn't apply to BnS.

No class in BnS should be nerfed because of utility skills, every class has some utility. Should Sums be nerfed because they have small amount of party heal? They ARE Healers! they shouldn't do as much DPS! Or SF's because they have a battle res? That's a healing skill! NERF!!!  Oh WAIT FM has a FULL Party Shield so they are either Healers or they are Tanks! NERF!!! (OK Sums should be nerfed because they are retarded hehe)

Trinity simply does not apply to BnS. Any excuse that is founded on Trinity thinking is invalid.

I agree no class needs nerfs. BM needed the buff, now please let KFM, Blade Dancer, Destroyers get the buffs too. They also need it. Once we get these buffs finally all classes are equal and I can agree that there is no Trinity in BNS. The fact now is that there is still a big difference between Melee (excluding BM&SIN), Range, Support. So I insist BNS still have a Trinity system.

9 hours ago, Mythbinder said:

Ummmmm..... No. BMs are top DPS now. Get a BM and an FM with equal stats, good ping, have good knowledge of their skills and rotations, and get someone else to tank(if its even possible). Tell the BM and FM to go all out. The BM will win. In many cases their Dragontongue alone will contribute more damage than an FM's Blazing Beam and Fire Orb COMBINED, which are the skills the FM spams to deal out the most damage.

OP - just wait a little - BM will be at the bottom again when we will get legendary SS and elemental dmg boosters. Maybe not reall bottom, but he wont shine so much so your poor eyes wont QQ any longer.

PS.

3 minutes ago, Rokusan said:

Ummmmm.. No. BMs are top DPS now. Get a BM and an FM with equal stats, good ping, have good knowledge of their skills and rotations, and get someone else to tank(if its even possible). Tell the BM and FM to go all out. The BM will win.

That might be true. On SSP during Konta, when you don't have to evade etc. that's usuall  BMs who get most pp.

If not interrupted BM can literally spam Dragontongue all day long using other skills only from time to time.

I wonder why people are overly salty about BMs dps?

Does it hurt your epeen so bad that you can no longer brag and shittalk you are pro?

But but... They are supposed to tank. Q.Q and shit.

Your lives are so much more easier you don't have to worry about aggro (i.e FMs) anymore.

A bm will only outdps someone if they have godly ping and is way more geared than the rest of the party. Any good sin and FM can outdps a bm with equal skill/gear/ping.

BMs got shit on by most of the classes before the skill patch. Now they can do something you calling for nerfs.

KFM stunlocking you to death is OK?

A destro spin2win and then cc you and kill u in 5 sec is OK?

Sins hiding their asses and then stunlock you is gg.

Scummoner Cat grabs before was gg as well.

FM chilling your ass too?

BD resisting the whole *cricket*ing thing is fun, kappa?

1 hour ago, Devilwithin said:

I wonder why people are overly salty about BMs dps?

Does it hurt your epeen so bad that you can no longer brag and shittalk you are pro?

But but... They are supposed to tank. Q.Q and shit.

Your lives are so much more easier you don't have to worry about aggro (i.e FMs) anymore.

A bm will only outdps someone if they have godly ping and is way more geared than the rest of the party. Any good sin and FM can outdps a bm with equal skill/gear/ping.

BMs got shit on by most of the classes before the skill patch. Now they can do something you calling for nerfs.

KFM stunlocking you to death is OK?

A destro spin2win and then cc you and kill u in 5 sec is OK?

Sins hiding their asses and then stunlock you is gg.

Scummoner Cat grabs before was gg as well.

FM chilling your ass too?

BD resisting the whole *cricket*ing thing is fun, kappa?

It's not the pvp we have to worry about for BM

it's the fkin PVE spec!

I mean come on!

He has 30AP lower than me and He generate more dps than me!

I'm ashame as my class in general, but BM makes me depressed even more!

16 hours ago, Mythbinder said:

Sorry I see no "Tank" in this role. Your just stuck in the Trinity mind set and can't get over that fact that it just doesn't apply to BnS.

Having threat skills means they are tanks. If you dont think so: Why do they have these skills if there are no tanks in that game?

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

He has 30AP lower than me and He generate more dps than me!

Well, 30 ap doesnt make that much difference that it absolutely means more damage than others. Damage depends more on the players and ping of course. Had a BM today in 4 man ebondrake who was last in dps meter. So what about being top dps there? FMs are the best pve class anyway so I dont give a shit on BMs dps. They might be better on non moving bosses like Konta or versus a dummy but everything lose against FMs fighting bosses like Zakham.

22 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Having threat skills means they are tanks. If you dont think so: Why do they have these skills if there are no tanks in that game?

Destros have threat on their kick iirc.

Does that make them a tank?

Summoners can taunt with their cats, are they tanks?

49 minutes ago, Devilwithin said:

Destros have threat on their kick iirc.

Does that make them a tank?

Summoners can taunt with their cats, are they tanks?

Destros can tank. Most destros simply dont do enough damage to hold the aggro. Dont know why they have a threat skill. Cats are tanks. A sum can let the cat tank almost the whole time if that wasnt changed.

But you didnt answered my question. Why do they have threat skills if there are no tanks in the game? Pls give a serious answer and dont try to find any more excuses.

I gave you a serious answer and ain't no kid to be foooling around.

So you in your point of view cats are tanks cuz they can taunt but thats pretty much all they can do.

Imo, bns doesn't fall into the Trinity like so many other games where you have dedicated roles.

Take TERA for instance:

Tanks: lancer / Warriors and brawlers. They can mitigate dmg, can taunt and protect party members. Lancers can even be dmg sponges and take dmg for the group during certain conditions.

Healers : Priest and mystic. Res, healing and buffs.

Does BnS have any dedicated roles?

FMs are aggro whores not because they have threat just due to their high dmg output.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/classes/blade-master/

It doesn't say in any moment they are tanks they can maintain threat like any other class but they can do it easily due to their skills.

I don't think most of these people have ever been a Tank.

I've played Tank roles in several MMO's, and progression Tank in WOW:BC and WoLK and Rift: Storm Legion and NT.

Tanks have skills and gear that reduce, adsorb, or deflect large amounts of damage. High armor ratings, huge HP pools, high defense/Guard or some other skill that reduces damage taken. Tanks have taunts. Yes they do keep the bosses attention and direct the flow a fight as well. But that's only a portion of what it is to be a tank.

..........  Let's go down your rabbit hole.

So in most Trinity based games Tanks do less damage as a trade off for their mitigation, damage deflection, high defense and HP pools.

As a BM in BnS I have none of these.

What are you going to give me in trade for low DPS? 

Double the normal HP pool, Defense, Evasion, and Crit Defense?  And a Taunt! If I'm gonna Tank I need a Taunt for emergency use.

That sounds fair. Lets do it.

......... OH Wait

Then you cry BM's are impossible to kill in PvP..  Ah well at least I'm really a Tank now and deserve low DPS.

BnS does not have Tanks it has DPS classes with various utilities to make fights possible. Having Threat skills as utility is not a reasonable trade off for low DPS. Threat skills don't do anything for a Class. Just allows them to be a useful part of a Party.

Archived