Is it time to merge servers?

LlamaDude

Before I state my opinion, I'll give some backstory.
I am one of the few out there who has waited for blade and soul in NA since SKoreas release. I think it was around 4 years ago I'm not too sure. Eventually 3 years in I gave up the wait and went off to do other things. Recently, I thought "Hey maybe blade and soul finally came out" and to my wonderful surprise it did, and I of course, started playing. 

So what I mean to say is that my opinion here may seem less credible due to my play time, so I'll let the more experiences players respond with their wisdom.

When I started playing right off the bat I realized that there were barely any players around me. I thought maybe I just wasn't in the right zone yet and I'll be wonderfully greeted with a great hub of players eventually, similiar to the main city in Tera. But that experience never came... and it was pretty saddening.

I instantly fell in love with the open world pvp of factions but... there was no one to fight in the open world, or barely anyone for that matter. (There were low level faction people and I just felt bad killing them, I wanted a challenge of my level)

I played for a while, reached about level 25 when I finally came to the realization that there are not many players in this game. Directly off that thought I was going to make a thread bringing that to light, but then remembered something very key. One thing I was very impressed with in blade and soul was the amount of server. I actually thought "Wow they must have this many servers because the game is so popular." I ignored the -clear- tabs next to servers thinking its a visual bug or something, but clearly it was not.

Finally I come to my point. I feel like the servers need some merging. I honestly believe that I am missing out on an amazing experience that other players had when blade and soul was more popular. Finding players in the wild, being able to fight them, I really wanted that experience. The hardest hitting thing though, will still be no "hub" of players like I've seen in every single mmorpg I've played. Thank you for viewing this thread I just wanted to share my opinion.

TLDR; It didn't really help as far as I know the last time they did merges and joining a clan is your best chance at enjoying the game.

The population has dropped off since the initial release hype wore off and people realized what they were getting into. Most players are max level and hanging out in areas that are most efficient for doing crafts, daily dungeons and pvp stuff. Anything irrelevant to high end content is pretty much ignored unless an event or daily challenge directs players to do them. Many places often have multiple channels to avoid overpopulation or bots also, in case you weren't aware about that, so you may want to try switching channels. You can also run into packs of players grinding Wheel of Fate bossesfor costumes or weapons for upgrading. Because leveling is so fast and easy now, you can basically ignore nonMSQs and hit 50 with extra story to do still and it's all soloable. Regarding the whole faction pvp thing.... Yeah, that's never going to happen because of sheer faction population imbalance. A server will either have heavy Crimson or Cerulean and the minority faction will stay hidden and coordinate to get their faction quests done when they have good odds at winning.

I highly suggest looking for a clan if you don't have one, they're your best shot at experiencing and enjoying the content available. Because this is basically a requirement as you get higher level, everyone kind of goes off and joins their little clan circles and your fellow faction members only really get together for SSP(end-game pvp area) and Misty Woods bosses on weekends. Essentially, exploration and teamwork aren't really encouraged for the most part in BnS, they've made leveling easier and you can solo most things or join F8 to do cross-server stuff.

I forgot to mention that they've already done some server merges and completely ruined the faction populations for many of them, servers that may have been heavy Crimson ended up being vastly outnumbered after the merges. The issues with this game are often caused by the community mindset here in the west but also the developer's seemingly lack of concern for the way they're introducing content to this version of BnS and basically encouraging the behavior of the community.

Rainbow mentioned the right places to find people. Beside that:

Even after release when many people where on all maps cause of leveling there wasnt open pvp or anything you dont have now except no one will steal your quest mobs now. If you want open pvp you are in the wrong game anyway. Almost no one likes it and no one does it simply because its heavily unbalanced because of gear and classes itself and you wont get anything for doing that.

Dungeons are done either by using F8 which means you wont see the people because they are not on your server anymore or by pre-made groups. It hink no one uses F7 anymore because either you got friends or clan to do it with or you simply use F8 to find random people. There is no running around finding people in that game.

Thats why the answer to your topic question is definitely no. A server merge wouldnt change anything.

All these white knights are in denial. Even in these so called "hubs" in mushin, I see less people there than I see people in DCUO's hubs. And that's at peak hours. And everyone who has played dcuo knows that it is currently a dead game. Honestly, this game should be merging all the servers together at this point. Open world is so dead, it's not even funny. If you choose to use the "everyone is at endgame and only finds endgame worthwhile" argument, then you're basically admitting that this game is not getting any new player traffic and that there will be no replacement for those endgame players that eventually get bored of this game and quit. Another indicator of whether a game is doing well population wise is how much player accounts are selling for. Even premium 10 accounts with max geared toon's and rare costumes are worth nothing now, especially compared to how much they spent to get there. Why? Because the demand to play this game has down the gutter.

I hope I didn't come across as a White Knight... I'd have jumped ship already if I hadn't found some nice people to play with and just recently hit the point with gear that opens things up for making gold. There's more than enough problems to rant about and likely never to get fixed with this game that I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. =/

4 hours ago, Emma Frost said:

All these white knights are in denial. Even in these so called "hubs" in mushin, I see less people there than I see people in DCUO's hubs. And that's at peak hours. And everyone who has played dcuo knows that it is currently a dead game. Honestly, this game should be merging all the servers together at this point. Open world is so dead, it's not even funny. If you choose to use the "everyone is at endgame and only finds endgame worthwhile" argument, then you're basically admitting that this game is not getting any new player traffic and that there will be no replacement for those endgame players that eventually get bored of this game and quit. Another indicator of whether a game is doing well population wise is how much player accounts are selling for. Even premium 10 accounts with max geared toon's and rare costumes are worth nothing now, especially compared to how much they spent to get there. Why? Because the demand to play this game has down the gutter.

^ Pretty much this.

Add to that the fact that these so called "hubs" arent't exactly teeming with human life. Unless you count 20 people during primetime in Mushin, (half of which are always afk), as "well populated".

Its sad, that there are no hubs, i am also used to visit such social places. Sadly, this game engine would crash 1000x, if there would be places like Velika in Tera, or major cities in GW2. So even if there would be way more population, there would be just tons of channels, which sucks. Also chat message lenght is very limited, and no global chat, just faction, makes this game very unsocial and unfriendly to roleplay etc. F8 is worst garbage possible, omg, wont even talk about that one.

Oh and population greatly decreased, even after first merge, and if it goes further, they will need to merge servers, but atm, i dont think its needed.

This and few other things are major downsides of BnS but for me, it still wins from all others out there at the moment.  

On 9/10/2016 at 2:08 AM, Emma Frost said:

all these black knight are funny.

i rolled  5 characters in total at level 46+ .

excluding 1 character built in the outfit event rush, 3 character were raised alone. 

so, story line, yellow arrow , is SOLO content.

BLUE quests are EASY i clean alone with all characters.

GREEN dungeons are SOLO content.

OTHER dungeons have F8.

if u plan to plauy this game ALONE, you are playing wrong game. because MOORPG genere.

so i point at HUJIKAR which is the silliest of all whines on forum.

said all that, considering you have NO real data except your biased arguments, these blabbling about merging, population dropping and stuff is silly, and childish. moreover it is even more funny that u stay on forum whining instead of playing.

but my real qauestion is: where have u been stucked in game to whine 2477 about population? because my sin grew in 4 days right now is at last chapters of story with 350ish ap (VERY undergeared) and i find NO way to be stucked in game. 

but the usuall whine is : cry without putting any effort in giving informations about personal opinions.

EDIT: i leveled my sin last week. and i found players along my way. but u know what? i grouped them the time needed to complete a quest they are killing my mob , OR most of the times i changed channel to have all mobs for me. yeah we need to group up in low content.....

Seriously, what are you guys expecting from more peoples on the Servers? There is no open world stuff to do except ssp and the channels are limited anyway. Hell, for what do you want more People standing around in places doing nothing? Are you the kinds of players who afk and chat more than playing the game? There is no other reason why you should ask for more people. The facts were listed: F8, F9,  solo content and ssp. The game wouldnt change a bit for maybe 98% of all players if there were more people on the server.

If you want thousands of people standing around together doing stuff -> this is the wrong game for you.

3 hours ago, Shukran said:

all these black knight are funny.

i rolled  5 characters in total at level 46+ .

excluding 1 character built in the outfit event rush, 3 character were raised alone. 

so, story line, yellow arrow , is SOLO content.

BLUE quests are EASY i clean alone with all characters.

GREEN dungeons are SOLO content.

OTHER dungeons have F8.

if u plan to plauy this game ALONE, you are playing wrong game. because MOORPG genere.

so i point at HUJIKAR which is the silliest of all whines on forum.

said all that, considering you have NO real data except your biased arguments, these blabbling about merging, population dropping and stuff is silly, and childish. moreover it is even more funny that u stay on forum whining instead of playing.

but my real qauestion is: where have u been stucked in game to whine 2477 about population? because my sin grew in 4 days right now is at last chapters of story with 350ish ap (VERY undergeared) and i find NO way to be stucked in game. 

but the usuall whine is : cry without putting any effort in giving informations about personal opinions.

EDIT: i leveled my sin last week. and i found players along my way. but u know what? i grouped them the time needed to complete a quest they are killing my mob , OR most of the times i changed channel to have all mobs for me. yeah we need to group up in low content.....

This is the english forums pal, I think you;re looking for the EU or asian forums. What I got from that jibberish is that you think I'm whining about no people in open world because I can't solo? I don't even play alts, this doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. I'm talking about the lack of community and open world pvp. Even the designated area for open world PvP is dead, which is utterly sad. There used to be a time when high level players would have wars in foshi pyres for hours long, and it was the most fun I've ever had in that game. Now it feels like this game is a ghost town. Even the hubs are a joke. 

8 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

This is the english forums pal, I think you;re looking for the EU or asian forums. What I got from that jibberish is that you think I'm whining about no people in open world because I can't solo? I don't even play alts, this doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. I'm talking about the lack of community and open world pvp. Even the designated area for open world PvP is dead, which is utterly sad. There used to be a time when high level players would have wars in foshi pyres for hours long, and it was the most fun I've ever had in that game. Now it feels like this game is a ghost town. Even the hubs are a joke. 

sorry if my english is not like you would like it to be, but since it is NA/EU forum, and EU is not UK only ,i think u can avoid this kind of treating.

so u whine about no people doin SSP? how many players do u need to clear those bosses now? if end game players dont care about SSP u could trell yourself a couple of questions. maybe about SS being no more worth the time? maybe because new dungeons have upgrades that everyone prefer to some SS ? in my server i find everytime players asking for help for SSP and for blackwyrm. but u are a snowflake that need everything at his command. 

if game is bad, quit it, right?

Before the merge my faction did a full SSP run a day. Most days went successfully.

A bit before the merge they nerfed a lot of non-player foes and for whatever reason we struggled really hard to do it daily. 

Merge happened and for a short bit we could do it a few times a day successfully between all the disruption.

Now not at all. Now the server group is too dead and all the really geared players won't show up to anything. So many players quit and clans fell apart that a new faction area with new stuff won't help much. As much as I love the game, I expect a massive merge very shortly the year ends.

As for non-faction stuff...I mean there's people around I suppose. Clan I'm in is active, but most seem to struggle really hard with recruitment. Seems to see a lot of the same people a lot. Maybe there's a lot of PvP'ers on my server where many have moved on out of the game, as PvE'er tend to stick longer.

i think most of the time people are on xservers so you can't see them on the maps... or arena... whenever I looked on my friends list 90% of them are on xserver... me myself hang out on xserver 80% of my time... I just do toi, mushin till f15, faction mistywood quest and spin the daily (only takes a little over an hour)... then burn all my game time xserver... 10 min before i log off I go back to mushin tower and just put in my loots on sale then log out...

Archived