NERF for FMs 10/5/2016

Blazepius

So after reading the patch notes I see every class that had a change got a buff and FMs who are doing the most poorly of any class (rankings) get nerfed. Where was the foresight in trying to find balance to a  situation that clearly needed to go in the other direction? Every ranged class has a basic attack (focus gainer) that pierces parry/defense except FMs. Sure if you dont like our healing nerf it but don't cripple the class little by little without fixing a single issue that mattered. Having our restraint skill attached to "3" was the last dumb thing they did now this

Don't worry you still shine in PvE :)

You talk about balance but FM pvp is one of the easiest according to the doxa. You have impact which is a heavy counter to melee. You have 2 escapes. You have a heal that is getting nerfed. This nerf will just force you to play better and make less mistakes. The two escape mechanic really is op since your opponent can go all in if and only if you blow them both. 

You say every class has an attack that pierce defense but you have a chill/freeze attack which can root an opponent making them defenseless if they already ssed or used skills that allows them to break free. 

The balance is there. Every class have problems.

What do you folks have in your utility kit?

• Chill stacks, charge blocks, and freeze/roots every friggin where, including when we hit you if you have three frost orbs. And then you get a free stun on Impact if you build freeze.
  • Fire Storm deflect.
  • Impact spam that doubles as an anti-projectile and melee counter, and costs no focus so triples as a free stealth removal card.
  • Phantom Grip for 16 meters, ignores defense/parry/anti-projectile, block disable.
  • Frost Sheath making you unhittable for 3 seconds or you get 5 second immunity and all your focus back.
  • Divine Veil anti-projectile field with 15% healing, 20% damage reduction, and 1% healing per resist, covering 4 meters and has a 36 second cooldown.
  • Frost Armor self-freeze with 10% healing + 2% x 3 on resist, gives you all your focus back if you stay in it the entire time, and cleanses debuffs, lasts 10 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown.
  • Second Wind.
  • Backstep removing Stun, Daze, Knockdown, and Unconscious, and applies freeze, 36 second cooldown.

You are basically unapproachable, and no one is safe from your Phantom Grip. Even if anyone gets in, you have two escapes to abuse, and then you have your long-lasting two self-freezes and your defensively powerful Divine Veil for health, stalling, and lowering cooldowns. You have very small gaps in your defenses while everyone has to watch out for your charge and block disables, and your massive self-healing renders any damage taken moot.

You heal 10%-16% from Frost Armor per minute, and then 15% from Divine Veil per half minute, so that's 46% of all your health back every minute. The nerf reduces that to 5% + (2% x 3) = 11% and 10% respectively, for 31% health recovered per minute. Your Phantom Grip covers massive range, has block disable, and pulls anyone out of everything, and melees still fear the 8 meter 18 second cooldown pull. Your absurd utility deserved a nerf.

13 minutes ago, sinforlife said:

And no more blinding on the stealth :'D

Btw is our patch going according to the korean patch? And btw about the FM being nerfed i think it was because Yoon Jeongho (OP FM from korea) won a tournament?

Yes, our patch is following the KR patch with 2-3 months lateness. Devs are not wondering if what KRs are doing is logical for us or not ... We miss a lot of legendary stuff ( leg bagua for instance ) compared to KRs people ... so ok maybe it's not included in pvp calculae formulation etc. , but still for pve ... it sucks a lot for us.

Assa ani cancelling :'(

4 minutes ago, MoshGoss said:

Yes, our patch is following the KR patch with 2-3 months lateness. Devs are not wondering if what KRs are doing is logical for us or not ... We miss a lot of legendary stuff ( leg bagua for instance ) compared to KRs people ... so ok maybe it's not included in pvp calculae formulation etc. , but still for pve ... it sucks a lot for us.

Yeah i heard assasin's ani cancelling getting nerfed ahahahhaha but dont worry assassin's naruto(a.k.a bunshin no jutsu) patch will come to korea december this year so wait xDDD (for us it will be in feb or march next year i guess)

9 minutes ago, MoshGoss said:

Could you give me any information about it ? I should have missed it during my holidays ... any youtube video or reddit link about it ?

here it is :3 watch out for 1:56 

it shows new skill for BM KFM and SIN and maybe a gunner class or new dungeon

(This was shown after the korea tournament 2months ago)

3 minutes ago, sinforlife said:

Yeah i heard assasin's ani cancelling getting nerfed ahahahhaha but dont worry assassin's naruto(a.k.a bunshin no jutsu) patch will come in korea december this year so wait xDDD

Could you give me any information about it ? I should have missed it during my holidays ... any youtube video or reddit link about it ?

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

What do you folks have in your utility kit?

Do you play fm by yourself? It doesnt sound like that. Many skill seems to be great but in real they are not all that great. Grip for example can be resisted with many skills. Our impact block can even be deflected. Yes, our only block can be deflected. Any more to say about that? Using a block skill and get stunned by yourself. So op. Sheath and ice armor may be good, sure, but the biggest disadvantage against other classes resist skills is that we cannot do anything while being frozen making it not that great as you might think. Veil is only good against range classes (to be honest, only really helpful against other fm because sum and warlock can do heavy damage trought that shit making it useless. 2 escapes arent special. Everyone has tab and our ss has too high cooldown. We cant break out of a grap without tab unless the enemy freezes himself (but thats his fault than) what other classes can. Now sum that up with our lack of good stuns making us really not that great. And because many people complain about being frozen all the time: Its your fault if that happens. Our chill/freeze is useless against bd, destro and most of the time sin (because they hide until their ss is ready again and it has very short cooldown). You also mentioned our charge and block disable skills. Do you really think they are good? Snowball is a joke and no average player let it hit in their block. Frost tornado is useless anyway and then we have only our grip which - as I said earlier - can be resisted or iframed. You cant do anything against beeing grabbed in midair but that means the fm already got you in his combo what isnt that easy. After all, dont think fm is good in pvp because the skills sound nice. FM is low tier in pvp at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

2 escapes arent special. Everyone has tab and our ss has too high cooldown. 

Yes, sure, every class can use SS to remove stun/daze/kd... errr... wait ?

23 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

And because many people complain about being frozen all the time: Its your fault if that happens. Our chill/freeze is useless against bd, destro and most of the time sin (because they hide until their ss is ready again and it has very short cooldown). You also mentioned our charge and block disable skills. Do you really think they are good? 

Stack one chill effect for every hit. Indeed, it's our fault if we hit you and get frozen. Your chill isn't uneffective against BD (can't say so for des/sin, I don't know them enough), you just don't know how to use it correctly. Your chill disables approach skills so it's actually very strong. But once you stack 3 of them, it becomes a frozen debuff which can be removed with a spin. A good FM won't stack 3 chills unless he can insta-stun. FYI : the SS doesn't remove chill. There is no way for a BD to remove chill (actually there is ONE - HM skill on immunity spin - but it means remove the best tool against FM). :)

Keep complaining, you're doing it right !

I agree. FM is going downhill. Being the best damage-dealer in past, overdpsed by any class now (except poor destroers who also need many love) and has a broken key binding. Someone who is developing fm in korea at this moment should be immediatly fired.

P.S.: PvP isn't enjoyable at all. More like torture.

6 hours ago, MoshGoss said:

Assassin got nerfed ... no more ani cancelling it seems.

6 hours ago, MoshGoss said:

6 hours ago, sinforlife said:

Yeah i heard assasin's ani cancelling getting nerfed ahahahhaha but dont worry assassin's naruto(a.k.a bunshin no jutsu) patch will come to korea december this year so wait xDDD (for us it will be in feb or march next year i guess)

That is not a nerf, you are misinterpreting. What it does is make F procs no longer disappear instantly on using another skill; it's ACTIVATION cancelling, NOT animation cancelling.

6 hours ago, sinforlife said:

And no more blinding on the stealth :'D

It's still there. All they mentioned was some trigger change on the 50% movement speed reduction.

18 hours ago, Keichi said:

Yes, sure, every class can use SS to remove stun/daze/kd... errr... wait ?

Stack one chill effect for every hit. Indeed, it's our fault if we hit you and get frozen. Your chill isn't uneffective against BD (can't say so for des/sin, I don't know them enough), you just don't know how to use it correctly. Your chill disables approach skills so it's actually very strong. But once you stack 3 of them, it becomes a frozen debuff which can be removed with a spin. A good FM won't stack 3 chills unless he can insta-stun. FYI : the SS doesn't remove chill. There is no way for a BD to remove chill (actually there is ONE - HM skill on immunity spin - but it means remove the best tool against FM). :)

Keep complaining, you're doing it right !

not ss, but any other key, spin, block, counter invisible, anything can get them out of ice plus fm have the longest cd on iframes and it takes a long time to freeze anyone since the last ice nerf.

also our best dmg dealer skills are blockable and use the key to our other cc which is a joke of dmg and needs too much focus, the other cc we can count on is only for pve since its so obvious anyone will escape from it since it take a whlie to cast.

you should start playing fm and see what pain rly is instead of trying to convince anyone there is balance, which everybody knows theres not. QQers complained too much of fm at early stages when nobody had any hm skill unlocked or even end game skills, now fm suck hard and we are loosing  a big part of the content in this game which is pvp, just look at ToI, fm has it the worst of all with so little defense skills, and so much resistance from mobs. we actually need to have way better equipment / stats than any other class to get to the same floors.

also our skills have huge cds compared to the rest of the classes

i wouldnt mind if i were a glass cannon that actually could hurt, but we are more liek a pellet cannon that deals a lot of dmg but everyone can block. whats the fun in that? whhere's the balance in that? eithr we get more defenses or can pas through enemies defense/parry/block/counter, or we get skills that can hit harder liek inferno while it can use them as iframes like the rest of the classes

right now we arent even the top dps, there are better party iframes than ours, we cant be as tanky as in early game stages and ofc we cant have it easy at pvp

Yeah nerf FM more, doesn't matter its already absolute trash class on IT, and bottom class at 1vs1 ranking if compared to total class population (second most played class right after summoner).

Nerf more cause it dare to even exist in the game.

And after last patch, when BM for example became completely op, what they did? Yep boost him again, he was already top dps making 90% dps by spamming one skill; tank being top dps, great job : )

Last KR tournament BM ate everyone so easly, Top 4 was BM, SF and 2xSIN.

How Devs can be so blind to this obvious balance gap, and instead boosting FM, they choose to nerf him as only class, probably cause of bronze/silver ranks QQers.

Why are you guys always post some videos about very good players? No one cares about that. If 5% (as example) or less from all players of a specific class are very good in tower and/or pvp it doesnt mean the class is balanced. Look at destroyer or summoner. Every idiot can be good with that classes in pvp. One mistake and you can be dead against them. Make a mistake against fm and you might lose 30% life, maybe some more, but not too much simply because they dont have high pvp damage and stun lock like other classes.

Dont always talk like fm would be balanced in pvp right now. If you think that because some people are good it means you think all other fm players are idiots or what? FM are pretty equal to wl and sum in direct battle against them but at disadvantage against all other classes.

Archived