hm dragonchar S1 T5

Torunder

hm dragonchar looks and is very usefull and overpowered, which is what every hm skill should be, but contrary to other boosted or consecutive skills like ice rain or destro spin where they can get a focus buff to mantain such boost, hm dragonchar takes 3 uses to get the boost which consume 9 focus out of the 10 we have, being only usable with shortfuse, and even with it it can be mantained for about 1 more second since short fuse focus regen takes a while to fill up and we cant dragongchar + lmb to get more focus because it'd break the boost, actually we cant use any other skill to help us regen it cus itll break the boost, making this amazing hm skill nearly useless compared to the rest.

im requesting for a change in the focus cost of it to trutly be a hm skill, a usefull skill, maybe reduce it to 1 focus cost when boosted or 2 focus cost on all of it boosted or not.

The skill can only be used in specific situations and while taking damage otherwise ist useless as you said. You have to wait till we will have better focus regen Options. At the moment the skill is really not important. Anyway, I would not like it if we could spam it all day because it would make fm gameplay extremely boring.

It's useful when clearing large crowds of trash mobs, like when you're soloing a lane in Sogun's Lament, or clearing a room in Frozen Lair.

I've also heard tales of enterprising FMs using T5S1 Dragonchar in the Sogun's Lament final bossfight against Asura. Apparently, when you pick up a Lifebloom, you get infinite focus regen for a short time.

Also worth mentioning, is that Dragonchar T5S1 hits STRAIGHT THROUGH Asura's missile shield.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Kekeke

13 hours ago, Talinoth said:

It's useful when clearing large crowds of trash mobs, like when you're soloing a lane in Sogun's Lament, or clearing a room in Frozen Lair.

I've also heard tales of enterprising FMs using T5S1 Dragonchar in the Sogun's Lament final bossfight against Asura. Apparently, when you pick up a Lifebloom, you get infinite focus regen for a short time.

Also worth mentioning, is that Dragonchar T5S1 hits STRAIGHT THROUGH Asura's missile shield.

ooooh ima try that in sogun, didnt know about the focus with flowers

ive done it in BG but works just if timed right when enemies are together and after nobody has escapes left... it reks the shit out of everyone, still i think focus cost should be less to be more enjoyable and spammable

14 hours ago, Talinoth said:

The lifebloom only works if your latency is relatively low.  When I try that the dragonchars fire off as 'fast' as if i wasn't holding 2 down. 

On 11/10/2016 at 3:44 AM, SoulsHunter said:

How about firing off 3x cold snap plus short fuse before spamming dragonchar? I can't test it sadly since I don't have HM skills.

ive done it, doesnt help

dragonchar consumes 9 focus very quicly in about 2 seconds, after the thirds it gets boosted which its ridiculous, cus by then you have absolute 0 focus to invest in it, then you send shortfuse and you get this slow regen that helps to get 1 more dragonchar, thats useless so you try to send shortfuse before dragon char and it gives you 2 boosted charges instead of 1 which is as usefull as shit cus the whole point of boosting it is to get a good window to shread the enemy/s but then you are stuck with 0 focus and a slow regen that helps you at most to use another skill

but you go frozensoul and think "hey thsi coudl help, tons of focus regen sure gets me to experience the boost as it was intended, just like ice rain that can be used for 15 seconds (which costs 1 focus and regens 1 every hit or 2 if you have hm unlocked) which is how all boosted skills should work, but then as soon as you realise it only regens 1 focus on each  cold snap hit, which is slow and even with the 3 at the same time + short fuse itll only give you at most 6 or if you are lucky 8 dragon chars, 3 of which are not boosted and you have to spend the time of what you could be using on dragon char casting 3 coldsnaps and 1 shortfuse

even with stage 2 shortfuse it still isnt enough, it regens quicker but just not enough to be enjoyable, or even to be a decent hm skill, a freaking hm skill shouldnt be this hard to enjoy, its expensive and useless

the best you can get is if you are lucky enough to get short fuse to work while your bangle regens the shit out of your focus, but since you never know when that its going to kick in, you are pretty much *cricket*ed for the most of the times you use it

14 hours ago, Southwind said:

When we will have awakened skills patch dragonchar S1 T5 will be usefull with warlock in pt, cause it will cost 1 focus on soulburn, just imagine this damage (◕‿‿◕)

Yes, during soulburn it will be great. On the other side, outside of soulburn it is a big dps loss compared to beam because it needs more focus, deals less damage and doesnt decrease cd of dual dragons what will be heavily buffed with legendary soul shield. Depending on the dungeon it will be worth a try but in the end I will stay with beam.

On 17.10.2016 at 9:45 AM, Zedonia said:

Yes, during soulburn it will be great. On the other side, outside of soulburn it is a big dps loss compared to beam because it needs more focus, deals less damage and doesnt decrease cd of dual dragons what will be heavily buffed with legendary soul shield. Depending on the dungeon it will be worth a try but in the end I will stay with beam.

I think legendary soul shield stats was redesign, and there is no longer DD, but Meteor Shower, correct me if im wrong.

1 hour ago, Southwind said:

I think legendary soul shield stats was redesign, and there is no longer DD, but Meteor Shower, correct me if im wrong.

I don't know. The only set effect I know from midnight plains ss is "2" on 3 pieces and dual dragons on 8 pieces. Never saw it with meteor. Do you have a source for such a change?

5 legendary, 3 oblivion is a common combination even if the skill bonus is good. One of the reasons is that pieces 6-8 of the legendary are really expensive and the 3 pieces bonus of oblivion (or later sets) add damage to every skill.

The usefulness of extra DD damage relies a lot on soul/mystic badges and skill patches.

With the removal of awakened DD, it will become less useful but there is a badge (from Mushin Tower F20) that reduces DD cooldown by 4 seconds on each frost fury cast which will make it more useful again.

I don't think rotation based on DD will be good idea even then, cause it's not only about cooldown, you need to focus on making 3/3 orbs again and again so it lowers Your dps, and almost for sure normal RMB, LMB, 2 rotation with occasionally casted DD will be better overall. 

It might become better with the badge with creates all 6 orbs when dd hits. Then we wont have any dps loss anymore and with the cd reduction from beam it might be not that bad. It also means you can spam dd with soul burn infinitely what should be great. 70% more damage is not that bad after all. But until then, 5 legendary + 3 tomb should be the best option.

Just a little note: dragonchar S1T5 is spamable for endless times. You forget that your weapon has focus reg on hit (10% procc chance?). I tested it in tower of mushin floor 12 against the adds. You never run out of focus as long as you have enough targets. There're only 2 important things to know:

- You need another FM who use impact S2, so you don't need to interrupt yourself.

- BnS has no need for such skills. Where you have around 10+ trash mobs on one place with millions of hp? You don't need it for 200k hp mobs.

Idk how it is in future, but that's what it is by current patch version.

To make the skill usefull in any way they have to cut the focus costs to 2 and it must also be a way to instantly have maxed speed without soulburn (like BD RMB). Otherwise dragonchar is useless unless you have really many enemies which don't die in 2s.

Awakened dragonchar instead is great and deals insane damage (because it doesn't have all the negatives of the normal skill).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.11.2016 at 3:11 PM, Ev1ldark said:

So, after reading all your coments.

I still need the asura ember (300g+/- in EU) to get Dragonchar T5S1.

Is it worth the gold? Is it worth investing in?

It is worth, but You can get it also from merchant for beans or battlepoints, prizes was cut down recently. 

Use T5S1 Dragonchar in dungeons when You have WL in pt, it is also great for summoners, just get 3 ice orbs, short fuse and burn it to death. 

Archived