Their stories with "Draken neck"

Evil Ryu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Evil Ryu said:

I just completed 150 runs and never saw even a fall. some friends took with 3, 20 and 50 runs, I'm leaving my notes... i will uninstall this game, Good luck to those who stay.

and sorry for my shit of english 

I feel your pain, the game used to be a fun experience, not anymore now.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Bye!

If you really quit over a necklace which isnt really even needed for content.....

That argument is really weak. Why did they even implement this piece of gear in the current version in the game, it's not needed, right. I also am so surprised that people farmed it non-stop during the first week and got lucky, I mean it's not needed, seriously WEIRD.

2 hours ago, Evil Ryu said:

I just completed 150 runs and never saw even a fall. some friends took with 3, 20 and 50 runs, I'm leaving my notes... i will uninstall this game, Good luck to those who stay.

Bye!

If you really quit over a necklace which isnt really even needed for content.....

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

I always have antidotes on me lol, but i never use them since my heals can easily coever for up to 3 flowers (2 is asy, 3 somewhat challenging but doable)

I dont see it as a weak argument. If someone really wants it he will farm the dungeon till he gets it. Not to mention its a legendary item, those should be rare and not handed out to everyone instantly.

If the Koreans who like to grind have multiple ways to get it, why not NA/EU people who have a much different mindset than the Koreans? How they implemented it in our version was flawed from the start.

15 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

better than someone who doesn't bring antidotes to sl

I always have antidotes on me lol, but i never use them since my heals can easily coever for up to 3 flowers (2 is asy, 3 somewhat challenging but doable)

14 minutes ago, Nattia said:

That argument is really weak. Why did they even implement this piece of gear in the current version in the game, it's not needed, right. I also am so surprised that people farmed it non-stop during the first week and got lucky, I mean it's not needed, seriously WEIRD.

I dont see it as a weak argument. If someone really wants it he will farm the dungeon till he gets it. Not to mention its a legendary item, those should be rare and not handed out to everyone instantly.

34 minutes ago, Nattia said:

If the Koreans who like to grind have multiple ways to get it, why not NA/EU people who have a much different mindset than the Koreans? How they implemented it in our version was flawed from the start.

Remember that Korean version is pay to play instead of free to play so it's obvious they should have more ways since they pay to access the game.

16 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Remember that Korean version is pay to play instead of free to play so it's obvious they should have more ways since they pay to access the game.

No, it's not obvious. We are not Korean players, we hate the grind, that's obvious.

Just now, Lunakitty said:

Not everyone hate the grind. There are people who enjoy doing the same thing over and over but they are minority in EU/NA. Majority just want to get everything handed to them on a silver platter but imho that would ruin the purpose of mmo if it wasn't grindy. At least it would for me.

in a year you will play the game with yourself because of people like you it cannot get more player friendly. we have jobs, real life responsibilities, we don't want to sit a second job in our free time.

8 minutes ago, Nattia said:

No, it's not obvious. We are not Korean players, we hate the grind, that's obvious.

Not everyone hate the grind. There are people who enjoy doing the same thing over and over but they are minority in EU/NA. Majority just want to get everything handed to them on a silver platter but imho that would ruin the purpose of mmo if it wasn't grindy. At least it would for me.

7 minutes ago, Nattia said:

in a year you will play the game with yourself because of people like you it cannot get more player friendly. we have jobs, real life responsibilities, we don't want to sit a second job in our free time.

That's simply being greedy. If you don't have time to play much do what you can bit by bit without greedily thinking you have to have asap legendary items. And it's kind of immature blame it on another player when it actually depends on devs. Only one who's making it seem like a job is you and you alone as people like you think that if you cannot get something in 10-20 runs it's a full time job then. And I will again repeat: for now there is no need to have it easily available when it is not required for ANY dungeon and it is the only actual end game pve content that the game has at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

That's simply being greedy. If you don't have time to play much do what you can bit by bit without greedily thinking you have to have asap legendary items. And it's kind of immature blame it on another player when it actually depends on devs. Only one who's making it seem like a job is you and you alone as people like you think that if you cannot get something in 10-20 runs it's a full time job then. And I will again repeat: for now there is no need to have it easily available when it is not required for ANY dungeon and it is the only actual end game pve content that the game has at the moment.

I am ignoring you, I have almost 100 runs and still am unlucky. If you cannot get how frustrating the game got, I will not discuss this any longer. I waste my time with you.

5 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I am ignoring you, I have almost 100 runs and still am unlucky. If you cannot get how frustrating the game got, I will not discuss this any longer. I waste my time with you.

Well you only proved now that you cannot accept any other views than your own so please go ahead. Good luck with the necklace. I bet if it ever drops for you someone else will outbid you. o/

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

Well you only proved now that you cannot accept any other views than your own so please go ahead. Good luck with the necklace. I bet if it ever drops for you someone else will outbid you. o/

I postet the following in another thread but i think it is fitting in here as well - especially the last 2 paragrahs:

I wanted to start this thread because by now i read very often that for some reason players associate legendary with rng (especially with rng that gives you a less successrate).

I wonder about that. I mean does the word legendary imply that it is a item, that looks well, is good but has a rng that is legendary in its stupidity because often players have to waste lots of money for it.

Or is it so that legendary means that players have to do something to "earn" it - which would also imply that this has not to be rng, that should rather be the investment of time like running a dungeon X times or achieve sth like a high 1v1 rank X wins in a modus etc.

Besides it is nice to read about legendary and endgame content and that "you do not really need it at the moment". But tbh this only implies to me that BnS has 0 endgame content and the only thing a player can do is invest time in the game to get a good rng-roll to upgrade his stuff. No wonder ppl are either bored or angry and toxic all the time. Imho "you dom't need it" is a bad argument - because if it is not needed why does it exist - for the reason to collect money from whales, keep the richer ones busy but generally bored and toxic and annoy the not so richt guys or get them to quit?

I mean yes a legendary is not needed but tbh inis game there are no alternatives. I mean for example the draken neck - yeah it is good. But once you reached the True Python neck you are finsihed - there is no other option - if you want to see some improvement you have to get the draken neck. And besides the fact that the color is orange, the picture looks better (because of bling bling and stuff) and the rng is annoying it makes 0 difference if it is compared to other upgrades. The stat increase is nice of course - but it is comparable to the stat increase all players did from the MW-Pirate accessories to the Oathbreaker. And while the effect might be comparable the MW->SF step was not marked as legendary. So either do not overvalue the name legendary (because besides better grafics it has no value and will be replaced with an even better word one day - an example for this can be seen at the pets -> there are legendary pets (with ordinary names) and an "ultimate legendary" (which is again better and uses just a new superlative) or try to persuade Ncsoft to give all players the opportunity to see some progress. For example, this could be done by a normal draken-neck (or mb we call it eagle-neck or whatever) and a legendary version that then can be gated through rng or better by some achievements (so that you have to invest time not only money). This legendary can still be better - but mb only 10-15% and also all other players can have some progress in their gear with is satisfiying and if this costs as much as upgrading the legendary necless they can take over their progress once they finally got the legendary version.

4 hours ago, Evil Ryu said:

Btw - afaik Jonathan (the asian guy for the bns-community) talked about some changes regarding the neck. So i would advise you to wait.

12 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

I postet the following in another thread but i think it is fitting in here as well - especially the last 2 paragrahs:

I wanted to start this thread because by now i read very often that for some reason players associate legendary with rng (especially with rng that gives you a less successrate).

I wonder about that. I mean does the word legendary imply that it is a item, that looks well, is good but has a rng that is legendary in its stupidity because often players have to waste lots of money for it.

Or is it so that legendary means that players have to do something to "earn" it - which would also imply that this has not to be rng, that should rather be the investment of time like running a dungeon X times or achieve sth like a high 1v1 rank X wins in a modus etc.

Besides it is nice to read about legendary and endgame content and that "you do not really need it at the moment". But tbh this only implies to me that BnS has 0 endgame content and the only thing a player can do is invest time in the game to get a good rng-roll to upgrade his stuff. No wonder ppl are either bored or angry and toxic all the time. Imho "you dom't need it" is a bad argument - because if it is not needed why does it exist - for the reason to collect money from whales, keep the richer ones busy but generally bored and toxic and annoy the not so richt guys or get them to quit?

I mean yes a legendary is not needed but tbh inis game there are no alternatives. I mean for example the draken neck - yeah it is good. But once you reached the True Python neck you are finsihed - there is no other option - if you want to see some improvement you have to get the draken neck. And besides the fact that the color is orange, the picture looks better (because of bling bling and stuff) and the rng is annoying it makes 0 difference if it is compared to other upgrades. The stat increase is nice of course - but it is comparable to the stat increase all players did from the MW-Pirate accessories to the Oathbreaker. And while the effect might be comparable the MW->SF step was not marked as legendary. So either do not overvalue the name legendary (because besides better grafics it has no value and will be replaced with an even better word one day - an example for this can be seen at the pets -> there are legendary pets (with ordinary names) and an "ultimate legendary" (which is again better and uses just a new superlative) or try to persuade Ncsoft to give all players the opportunity to see some progress. For example, this could be done by a normal draken-neck (or mb we call it eagle-neck or whatever) and a legendary version that then can be gated through rng or better by some achievements (so that you have to invest time not only money). This legendary can still be better - but mb only 10-15% and also all other players can have some progress in their gear with is satisfiying and if this costs as much as upgrading the legendary necless they can take over their progress once they finally got the legendary version.

Btw - afaik Jonathan (the asian guy for the bns-community) talked about some changes regarding the neck. So i would advise you to wait.

finally someone with some common sense.

Yup, people that actually admit to enjoying repeating the same monotonous repetitive tedious chores over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again ad nauseum certaintly are a minority.

Thankfully this minority isnt catered to by all game developers otherwise the entire video game industry wouldve caved in years ago. Since most sane people whom play games actually enjoy uniquely refreshing and rewarding experiences as opposed to playing "2nd Job Simulator Online".

BTW...equating not particularly enjoying tediously repetitive chores to "wanting to have things handed to one" is at best flawed logic, at worst plain dumb.

Of course, I suppose for those that live online 24/7, well, I could see where enjoying repetitiveness becomes some sort of norm.

Just a quick annotation to this point. If you speak of grind - do you mean rng or do you mean actual grind.

I mean grinding is more or less repetivtive "work" (yes it is a game - but english is not my mother tongue and i cannot explain it better) to collect/farm stuff and then get something for it or achieve the goal you have.

Rng is an mechanism that is in general unfair but can be used to make things more exciting. For example if all dungeon drops would be the same it would be a bit boring. On the other hand if things are only gated by rng and the chance of success is so slim it is not grinding it is rng. Because it is possible to get things with luck but it is not possible to "grind" (ergo invest time - for example 150 runs - and i think in average a tom run is 20-30mins - so ~50h - is a lot of time) it really effectively. And in general ppl are annoyed due to the unfairness. So some kind of pity-system or tokens would be enough to get many players happy again. Same goes btw for the PSTS - there it is also possible to get lucky and do not have to grind while others did the grinding and are unlucky and get nothing for their efforts...

2 hours ago, Nattia said:

if you hate the grind why are you playing korean mmos? Its pretty obvious the game is a grind since its out in other regions for years already.

If you dont like the grind, dont play mmos.

Archived