Ivory Dragon Scale

DannyInfect

46 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Can't predict anything with this community but theoretically, yes they should go back up once the event ends.

The event ends Oct. 5th.

Lol what has this to do with the community - did the community decide to insert it in a rng-box? I don't think so.

And btw that it is unpredictable is good - because this prevents speculating - which generates gold without any work and therefor should not be supported.

17 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Lol what has this to do with the community - did the community decide to insert it in a rng-box? I don't think so.

And btw that it is unpredictable is good - because this prevents speculating - which generates gold without any work and therefor should not be supported.

Not sure where the random aggressive comment came from.

But you do know the community, as in the players playing the game, control the market, right?

7 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Not sure where the random aggressive comment came from.

But you do know the community, as in the players playing the game, control the market, right?

Mb triggered by the "this community" words - read them too often.

Anyway, the Com does not control the market. They are only participants. And while they are responsible for the demand the supply is in full control of NCW because if they tweak droprates or put stuff in Rng-Boxes they control the supply which has a far greater influence on the market (imho) and besides they can even influence the demand by changing costs, So there is not much control left...

1 minute ago, Zuzu said:

I can half agree on that. On items like the Flawless Gems from Blackwyrm boxes yes, that's solely controlled by NCWest due to the droprate/RNG being terrible and making them stupidly rare. But items like the Ivory Dragon Scale(since thats the thread subject at hand), that's mostly due to the community since there's no RNG involved; they just have to do Zaiwei Ruins to obtain Ivory Dragon Scales. Since they don't feel like doing that the prices increase as the supply lessens.

So I can agree that yes, on some items in the market can/are controlled by NCWest but other items that can be solely farmed, those are controlled by the players. Just depends on the item in the end.

Yeah you would be right. But you forgot a small but very important detail. You are right the players could do Zaiwai-Ruins. But it does not repay your time investment because there are some things that just give you more money/xp during the same time as doing the ruins and this is not decided by the players but by NCW and therefore they control every aspect of the market.

15 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Mb triggered by the "this community" words - read them too often.

Anyway, the Com does not control the market. They are only participants. And while they are responsible for the demand the supply is in full control of NCW because if they tweak droprates or put stuff in Rng-Boxes they control the supply which has a far greater influence on the market (imho) and besides they can even influence the demand by changing costs, So there is not much control left...

I can half agree on that. On items like the Flawless Gems from Blackwyrm boxes yes, that's solely controlled by NCWest due to the droprate/RNG being terrible and making them stupidly rare. But items like the Ivory Dragon Scale(since thats the thread subject at hand), that's mostly due to the community since there's no RNG involved; they just have to do Zaiwei Ruins to obtain Ivory Dragon Scales. Since they don't feel like doing that the prices increase as the supply lessens.

So I can agree that yes, on some items in the market can/are controlled by NCWest but other items that can be solely farmed, those are controlled by the players. Just depends on the item in the end.

6 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Yeah you would be right. But you forgot a small but very important detail. You are right the players could do Zaiwai-Ruins. But it does not repay your time investment because there are some things that just give you more money/xp during the same time as doing the ruins and this is not decided by the players but by NCW and therefore they control every aspect of the market.

True. Can't argue with that. The time it does take to get 1 Ivory Dragon Scale is not worth it in the end. Especially if there aren't many people to help as well.

I have like 20 scales right now.  In theory i probably have around 30 scales once event is over. If we think about it if 6 players in 6 man party all have 30 scales that is 180 scales in overall. So with that math we do not need farm zaiwei ruins for next half year and during that half year we may get another scale event. I do not think price will raise so much suddenly.

6 hours ago, DannyInfect said:

The only reason they're so cheap right now is because of that new daily challenge chest, will they go back up when they remove this daily challenge chest? and also when does the event for the chests end?

yeah I think they will go up after the event is over. 

Hopefully the price of scale will in the future be close too if not equal to the income gained from the dung(daily gold) so that the people who used their scale  dont feel used and abused, specifically when someone hijacks their "loot".

On 26/09/2016 at 9:24 PM, Suna said:

I have like 20 scales right now.  In theory i probably have around 30 scales once event is over. If we think about it if 6 players in 6 man party all have 30 scales that is 180 scales in overall. So with that math we do not need farm zaiwei ruins for next half year and during that half year we may get another scale event. I do not think price will raise so much suddenly.

Pretty much it.

There are way too many scales in the market and by the time the price starts to go up, Id guess the dungeon would be irrelevant/outdated, or scales not needed anymore.

I saw a few people in-game complaining about how "worthless" the scales are now. Get over it. If you want a money-maker, this is not it, at least not at the moment. I have nearly 50 of them and never once felt it was worth selling for a few gold a piece, with how much trouble it was to make each one for myself. I got the outfit from H.Mandate, I spent the 75x feathers on an ornament, and I'll just get the 250x feathers or so for the +15 AP soul upgrade just whenever, as I already have the +10 until then. It's a free to play game, so there's no rush, even though a lot of us have spent more money than any of us want to admit on this game. If you want to blame ANYONE, blame NC for making this dungeon, along with CS, "time-gated" content. There's no good enough reason why, of all the dungeons, these have to be limited to one a day. They just want to make money off of impatient whales who buy dungeon reset items from the cash shop. For THAT matter, they COULD have done this to EVERY dungeon, but probably see a much bigger decline in the player base if they did that. The whole "my scale, my loot" crap ONLY works with honorable people and those who actually understand your language when you "declare" it. Master loot doesn't work, so you'll get scumbagged pretty often. Make money selling other things, because these scales are just mere keys. When everyone has a key to the SAME door, there's no point for the lock anymore, is there...? Time gated content his a poopoo concept. In BNS crafting, it actually takes TWENTY HOURS to find a single sweet potato or sequoia sap... You'd think thoSE two items would be huge money-makers, and both my FM and WL do the same four tradeskills. They're not worth much.

Sorry for the wall of text, but while I love the cosmetic customization of this game, I hate a LOT of things about it. I have yet to play a Korean mmorpg that is NOT expensive, NOT grind-heavy, NOT full of gear score elitists, does NOT have a long-winded crafting system, and does NOT have an economy that's easily ruined by RMT and whales.

Archived