Summoner Skills: Share your opinion!!!

Raizou

3 hours ago, werat said:

So it's a pointless skill when we are on our own? I rathered enjoyed all my skill being able to benefit me without needing other. What did they remove again to replace it with this?

It's not like you can use Awakened Rosethorn by yourself either.

1 hour ago, Kixtar said:

The sunflower dmg nerf isnt even noticeable if u stack your poison and use petal storm well. It's still amazing dmg. I got alot faster on naksun after patch.

i think they mean this: http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-soulburn-awakened-skill-changes/#more-9551

they havent written about the exact scaling reduce but s3t5 bees and sunflower will get nerfed.

But for the dmg nerf our lmb get "bees can cast instantly on use" and not this nearly useless on hit.

On 8/25/2016 at 9:57 PM, Xiaoyen said:

Seems like they nerfed our pin, nerfed our doom and bloom's healing (absorb 50% damage as hp instead of 100%), nerfed our ability to have both double daze and double kd in our arsenal (unless you get HM skill), and nerfed our cat by taking away bleed stacks. NCSoft, ever been scratched by a cat? YOU BLEED!!!

Now granted, we got some new things I plan to try out, like moonfall, but right now I am not feeling good about these changes. Frankly I refuse to Huzzah any party members until other classes ask we get some of these nerfs undone. :-p

Don't hold your breath since it seems everyone pins the game's problems on summoners.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:48 PM, Xiaoyen said:

Has anyone figured out how to Moonfall yet? It says enemy must be restrained... is our root snare not considered "restrained"? Pin doesn't seem to trigger it either so what the hell?

Once the BD/DE or others grab the target, it comes up on your screen as an 'f' option. You can fire it off as many times as you can during the grab and make big damage. My guild made a Shattered Mast run and made massive damage on the bosses-easily 1/3 hp gone during that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly not really seeing any serious summoner nerf from this patch, although other classes (especially BM) got boosts.

The biggest nerf was probably Doom 'n' Bloom (F), which effectively made summoners the heal class for PvE and kept the cat alive in PvP while it is harassing the opponent.  It still does work as self and cat heals, but the latter is noticeably weaker.  All this means is that you have to manage your cat a little more and use Crouching Tiger (Q) or Huzzah! (Z) when appropriate, like in PvP when your opponent is deliberately aiming for your cat.  Party heals got moved to Huzzah! (Z), which is a mixed bag--but its still a very strong heal so it really can't be called a nerf.

My perspective is likely biased because I'm running Baleful legendary, but I don't really see any Sunflower (RMB)/dps nerf, to be honest.  Yes, Sunflower theoretically requires better focus management but honestly, when was focus management a serious issue for summoners?  Rosethorn (LMB) 5.2 still lets you use sunflower with the easy LMB+RMB cycle because it gives two focus on a crit.  Doom 'n' Gloom recovers focus.  Flying Nettles (F) 3.3 recovers focus.  (Actually Rosethorn (LMB) got a boost because the skill is a lot more flexible now---you can use the two focus for other things, not just a sunflower.)

But they also gave us Petal Storm (3) damage tree, which does really nice damage in PvE when ranged attack shield is not needed (or when other party members can provide that), and makes the skill useful in PvP against melee classes.  (I wish there was a quick key to press to change Petal Storm mode, without opening up the skill window.)  And our Moonfall spam does very nice damage even though we need someone else to trigger it

On 8/27/2016 at 4:15 PM, Nattia said:

heal is okay im more worriend about sunflower damage nerf.

I've been trying the bees build, the row next to sunflower, and actually hit *harder* then I did with flower. My crits are an average of 2k higher than the sunflower...and if I use my lmb right it'll let me spam it without the launch time.

This patch was a fantastic buff for single target DPS for summoners. In equal gear, I can out DPS assassins on single target bosses, even though their restraint skill hits about 20% harder than ours does. I will sing the praises of s3 bees forever.

Try it. S1t5 rosethorn, 3st5 bees, s3t3 flying nettles, get on a dummy and try LMB+RMB spam while constantly moving in melee range. The cast speed and damage is bananas. 

I only hope the upcoming damage reduction on s3 bees will be offset by the awesome upcoming changes to s1t5 rosethorn, which will also make being in melee unnecessary.

The only part of this patch that made me sad was that our self-heals suck even more for fighting Taikhan in Shattered Masts, but oh well. If you grab the 5% heal on True Friend and always dodge the spew it's not so bad.

Archived