Having trouble in Necro

spongemike

So for some reason I am having Necro.  After we kill Lycan we have to defend one of the seal cord and is guarded with this giant demon. Everytime I die there. Bascially if I stay too far away he just grabs me and slam me to the ground. Pretty much that gets me down to half hp or more. Sometime I would partner up with a melee and that will make the run a lot easier. Sometimes I have to go with another range, or assisian in that case we have trouble.

Just wondering how do you guys deal with this?

You can try to freeze yourself after you attack him to avoid the grab. I prefer just to stand backwards to him and ss right to him and then i dont get grabed. Also i set my Bubble immediately just in case i fail and he still grabs. The Projectile firing adds healing me up in notime + i drink a potion before i ss into him just to be safe.

You guys have a problem because you guys only view as a range perspective.

Sometime experience something different:

- You are range doesn't mean you always need to stay far away.

- You are melee doesn't mean you always need to keep close on the target

There's a sweet spot within 5m and up to 8m away from enemies. Former is to make sure you go behind them with Q/E, latter is to prevent them from using their projectile/ranged/approach attack patterns on you. I believe any good FM should learn to work with those smaller ranges.

No first-hand experience with this as a FM (too low lvl for that dungeon), but that method in the video above isn't too different in concept compared to what I do as a Destroyer: charging fast towards Core Demon (Blitz, though Ram works fine too), Emberstomp for increased defense and lifedrain (much like the Divine Veil in video), Typhoon to take out mobs fast and early protection (Meteor Shower in video). Drinking a potion in advance can help too, though you can also save one for right after you kill the mobs with demon.

Anyway, the basic idea is to take out the mobs circling Core Demon fast, so that dealing with said demon on his own becomes more manageable by going behind him to avoid his hitboxes. Spend some time dodging and healing as necessary and he'll eventually go down.

Kiting on the spot works the best for me. Though I play BD, still getting hit = getting rekt, getting grabbed (and that happens quite often once you step out of the red circle) = getting rekt.

So as written above, charge (if possible with some kind of shield, or jump in + freeze/barrier) to avoid grab (btw, that grab has insanely long animation, so you can time your other invul Q/E or somethig else to counter it), and then run tight circles in the red circle lashing out dmg. The boss will "concentrate" at the location where you already aren't with his attack, and the mobs around doesn't really do any noticeable dmg (besides, with a few well aimed AoEs they will die rather quickly). Drinking potion ahead can help a lot, after you finish the pyre lord, there's usually enough time to sit down and eat dumpling before the core spawns and demons starts pouring in anyways.

And absolutely agree with the range management. 14m is not the only valid distance :) 

Yes, this is an example of many of the mobs that it's easier to be in melee range. I just run in and time my E and then pop divine veil on top of him. Wait a few seconds and put down meteor and follow up with a shadow grasp, then ice aoes and finally into a dual dragon. smaller mobs usually dies by then. After that it's just you and the thing and just stay in melee range, dodge his explosion and you will be ok.

On 6/16/2016 at 11:32 AM, Dearsren said:

i recorded a little video for you how i do it. 

as i said you can try do freeze yourself in time or some people dash in with q/e but for me it works best like this ^^

May I ask what is your AP?

Mine is 509... >,<

i deal with it flying from the highest point closer to the seal, and when im close to the pyro i drop then do
3 on pyro (preferably on his back or after the stun move to his back asap)
4 to gather mobs around
z x3 to freeze them

C to block/heal any incoming dmg

lmb, x, c, v, tab tab

rmb x3 on pyro (by then all mobs around him should be dead)

and then spam 1 and rmb, with F if you hit crit to either help on freezing and recovering focus

if you get into trouble, just tab on ice stance or v with veil on top
getting his back while frozen should make you recieve none to very little damage cus he wont even cast aoe 

https://bnstree.com/FM?build=50010002564126533238332502110634251342353330024266332413226331249412393223732

My favorite way to deal with opening cores is to drop from above and use sheath. This draws all the adds in close, then use Metero Shower to clear them. When he started to do the aoe that pushes you outside the circle, ice tab. This keeps you from getting pulled and allows you to just dps him down at close range.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, there is a very easy way to deal with this, and not have to worry about anything. Just spec your rmb for chill, and 3 for aoe freeze. If you freeze the boss, he no longer moves and or attacks you if you stand behind him (should stay in melee range just in case though). Any method of getting in close is good to avoid the initial grab or just use E to iframe.

Archived