BM class? a least choice among other class

WudangMaster

There is unbalance dps ratio between BM class vs the others. It might be good only when you run dungeons with party as tanker. Beside that, BM class is at its disadvantage when you are at pvp or open pve. You have to block or dodge a lot of bosses hits while other stand away like 11m to spam bolts. BM hits ratio is 1:5 vs the ranger classes like FM,SM. 

Example at ssp, you see rat, you dont even bother to chase it because you know  you have get close to land a hits. You will be out of chi soon and you will not get a money bag.

When you farm ssp, you dont even get as many prestige point like other ranger classes and destroyer class because you are too busy to dodge. Another example is when you fight with another faction. Your escape choice is the worst among other classes. Destroyer or Blade dancer have the spin move beside SS move to run away but not you.

Blade Master class needs to get dps ratio boost to balance the classes system. There should be 30% dps boost for the BM base on the hits ratio vs other classes.

Just some thought to share. I hope Ncsoft rebuff the BM class and make it a better class. Just like the name of this game "Blade and Soul" but hope not "Magic and Soul"

Pardon my bad english and grammar.

As someone who mains a BM i couldn't agree more on this matter. BM's deserve a boost to be able to get the most out of their class. NCSOFT please rebuff BM's! Melee classes are at a big disadvantage in the newer contents.

this is the most nonsense post i've ever seen, first bc Blade Master is not a main dps classe they have tank skills for some reason, ofc with your progression in game your dps will be better but it will never be like a fm not even would make sense to be like one otherway other classes would be pointless to exist. 

Imagine if sins now come here complain they want to be tanks rofl. 

On 25.5.2016 at 2:45 PM, xCandyBear said:

this is the most nonsense post i've ever seen, first bc Blade Master is not a main dps classe they have tank skills for some reason, ofc with your progression in game your dps will be better but it will never be like a fm not even would make sense to be like one otherway other classes would be pointless to exist. 

Imagine if sins now come here complain they want to be tanks rofl. 

That's not the problem, BM have their role in Dungeons. What the problem is, is openworld thingy: For example SSP. Your damage is low, you have to dodge all skills in melee range aand enemy team can get you much easier. That means FM are pretty safe and get more Prestige while you have to do all the dirty work dodging spells and surviving vs opposite fraction while still getting less prestige and stuff.

I am not sure how pvp works but I do agree that I hardly see a BM in dungeons. Mostly I see FM and WL. Now I am seeing less Sins as well. I do see KFM and even destroyer tanking.

Lol even BD seems to grow in numbers as well......

On 5/28/2016 at 8:05 AM, spongemike said:

I am not sure how pvp works but I do agree that I hardly see a BM in dungeons. Mostly I see FM and WL. Now I am seeing less Sins as well. I do see KFM and even destroyer tanking.

Lol even BD seems to grow in numbers as well......

Agreed, I rarely see a fellow BM in dungeons.

I dont get why ppl complain on blademasters we are more then fine but the chi management requirment for actualyl doing good dmg is quite high so usually you see lots of bad ones but the class is strong enough it just shows in SSP for example on Wildsprings when we farm during prime time and its alot of ppl. i dont have a problem getting 400-700 prestige per mining channel  you just need to learn the mobs abit especially the ogre captns but you they are pretty static. After 10sec if they are not CC'd they will do first special attack so just time a iframe after 10sec when it shows the animation lifting both arms up then next special is 30sec after that the other abilitys are so slow blindside just makes them super easy to dodge.  Bm shines at burst we lack some sustain but with good management we are far from being at the bottom.

also if you go back pre patch to 45 pre naryu when floor 7 was released in mushin i killed hado with awekened infernal why ppl at siren where complaining the dps check was hard its just more how to uitilize the ability's you have like using your ss to re enter draw stance when blidnside is on cd i see so many bm's sitting in basic stance for more then 1,5 sec basicly you only do it to procc a quick cyclone otherwise you use iframe and moment to avoid dmg dont stand still blocking

The moral of the story is that ppl nowadays are too lazy to even try in games. Most ppl just want to play a pewpew easy cheesy class an win.
BM is the least favorable class not because it's a sh1t class, rather it's because ppl are to lazy to play a "chanllenging class".

Bm isn't a "sh1t" class, or really even a challenging class in pve, it's a melee class that is supposed to tank most of the time, the upside is that it is challenging in pvp, and it is more rewarding in pvp than most classes. This has always been the design of the class, and I don't think anyone ever advertised it as something else. The problem is with the game design being more punishing to melee classes, without any reward,to add to that, we're still several patches away from korea, where that design is still prevalent. Hell island, the turtle 24man raid for our class legendary soulshields, black tower, those are all going to be harder for melee than range. The upside is that you can take pride in being able to do that content as a melee, that if you do get w/e content done, other melees might not.

6 hours ago, Enoll said:

BM is hte most broken class, like have you look into the ranking in EU ? pff Jesus Christ only bms.

uRYY142.jpgUNtRL8w.jpg

BMs are pretty underrepresented in NA, even though I'm pretty sure 1/4th the server is BMs.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:23 PM, WayOfTheBacon said:

The moral of the story is that ppl nowadays are too lazy to even try in games. Most ppl just want to play a pewpew easy cheesy class an win.
BM is the least favorable class not because it's a sh1t class, rather it's because ppl are to lazy to play a "chanllenging class".

As someone who's switching mains from WL to BM (was originally AS before the WL), I think you underestimate how fun the visuals are on a WL :p

For me , least choice = more valuable

HM block is one of the greatest skill BM has and I used it a lot to save my party or myself.

For example:

- Yeti: dodge 8 + HM block

- SSP: use HM block before terror, battle boss or berserker use AOE

The point here is you can become a life saver, you are independent and people need you.

If you guys say you have a low DPS then I'm sorry, we are not DPSer compare to FM or warlock but I feel no problem with that (there is always have a tradeoff)

Achieve something harder make you feel more proud, more valuable from it.

Use your advantages and eliminate your disadvantages.

When I have a fight with other faction in ssp, I usually use blade call, rush in + lightning draw while they busy kill the boss. Then to escapes I can just simply use X while in blade call mode to dodge range attack, backstep + use flashstep to get back more further + HM block, then you can safely back to your terror side.

Beside that you have your team, not only you there.

P/s: buff for BM is always a nice support, but for me without that BM is still good at they are at the moment.

Can't be wrong if you choose BM.

The problem is not with us being low DPS, it's with us not getting any reward for tanking (blah blah proud w/e, you can be proud for being FM who does more damage at lower AP than other FMs etc.). Take your SSP for example. The bosses and the golden rat are just complete douches to melee, running around everywhere so we can't hit them or spreading their 16m AOEs (some of which can hit you more than once for being close to them). Meanwhile ranges have to use a 1 button-press resist skill every once in a while or SS, And just look at how many more points a ranged character gets compared to a melee one (KFM/BM best comparison).

I didn't word that right. If you look at my example, you will see I wasn't talking about rewards for tanking. I'm just too lazy to brain sometimes.

However, how do you suggest the dps check to be handled? One thing would be that players would be given multipliers to their points based on class, but we might run into other problems there as well as another kind of complaining.

The best thing I can think of is getting separate instances (channels) or even separate event places for melee/range or classes but good luck with that happening.

@Stormpooper The current system works that it rewards top X participants determined by damage done. That means that some classes have it easier to get rewarded. You can select Y participants from FMs, Y participants from BMs and so on instead of just selecting X ppl from all. That would make it more fair because everyone would compete only against ppl with same class so they would all have smililar conditions.

I don't think it has any set amount of top players to give rewards to, I imagine that after the boss is killed, it checks every player's damage and gives a reward for it, like X damage = 1 prestige point, your damage/X = your prestige points, if it's below X, you'll get 1 pp for at least doing some damage. And if your damage is above Y, you get the chest or w/e. There's also last hit reward but we're not concerned about that here.

Archived