Can this even hurt?

Michelleke

Hi all,

I was today at the whirlwind battle ground cus daily only and because im not even abit into pvp i started to do nothing then someone who stood next to me said in party he did Report me as bot.

Can this even do somthing or nah?

Screenshot:

(Edited)

It's actually more likely that the guys harassing you for afking will get temp banned for swearing, but I'm not certain. I have heard that NC will temp ban AFKers if there is reasonable proof, yet those might be rumors. I do know over on Aion they removed punishment for afking PVP instances long ago, but their policy regarding B & S may be different. Either way, they can not ban you for botting or spamming as you are doing neither.

7 minutes ago, Inugami said:

It's actually more likely that the guys harassing you for afking will get temp banned for swearing, but I'm not certain. I have heard that NC will temp ban AFKers if there is reasonable proof, yet those might be rumors. I do know over on Aion they removed punishment for afking PVP instances long ago, but their policy regarding B & S may be different. Either way, they can not ban you for botting or spamming as you are doing neither.

They can Tem Ban AFKers maybe, but i was Talking in the party chat all the time, its that i needed it for the daily challenge, else i never done it, because i am not into any style of PvP, they should then just remove the Daily Challenge on PvP items. When i would like PvP, i would grind the whole day in PvP stuff.

Anyways talking in party chat means: Not AFK

Standing in the dungeon while letting others do the work for you = AFK regardless of whether or not you are talking in chat. Sadly Blade and Soul is a PVP centric MMO and they will not remove PVP quests from dailies because PVPers would feel shafted by the requirement to PvE if there was no PvP option.

I don't enjoy PvP either, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just outlining the facts. It isn't fair to ride on others backs and expect them to do the work for you just because you dislike PvP.

11 minutes ago, Michelleke said:

They can Tem Ban AFKers maybe, but i was Talking in the party chat all the time, its that i needed it for the daily challenge, else i never done it, because i am not into any style of PvP, they should then just remove the Daily Challenge on PvP items. When i would like PvP, i would grind the whole day in PvP stuff.

Anyways talking in party chat means: Not AFK

How would you feel if someone entered your Yeti run and afked at start just because they needed the rewards but did not enjoy pve. 

What you did was shameful and I have no clue how you could think it is ok to actually post about it on the forums. Those people were angry, they were in a unfair match and it was because of YOU and your bad attitude. If you are unwilling to do the work, YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE REWARD. There is also enough options that you do not need to join the battleground to complete your daily. 

Why do you think this is ok ? You should be punished and hopefully what I have said will make you realize that those were real people and YOU affected there lives in a negative way. Some of those people were probably like you in the fact they did not wish to be there, at least they had the common courtesy to play along and not ruin the game for the others. 

I am sorry if I sound hostile, but you need to wake up and realize this WILL not work in the real world and it is just a horrible thing in general to do to people. 

16 minutes ago, KatHead said:

How would you feel if someone entered your Yeti run and afked at start just because they needed the rewards but did not enjoy pve. 

What you did was shameful and I have no clue how you could think it is ok to actually post about it on the forums. Those people were angry, they were in a unfair match and it was because of YOU and your bad attitude. If you are unwilling to do the work, YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE REWARD. There is also enough options that you do not need to join the battleground to complete your daily. 

Why do you think this is ok ? You should be punished and hopefully what I have said will make you realize that those were real people and YOU affected there lives in a negative way. Some of those people were probably like you in the fact they did not wish to be there, at least they had the common courtesy to play along and not ruin the game for the others. 

I am sorry if I sound hostile, but you need to wake up and realize this WILL not work in the real world and it is just a horrible thing in general to do to people. 

I know it is bad, but To Be Honest after 1-2 minutes i did still help them, we won, then i did quit my daily (Participate with 3 whirlwinds) and did abandon my daily and im never doing PvP anymore else.

Side note: I also heard that Insulting is reportable, im always very polite, but what they said to me in that party isnt very polite.

And i have already many ppl who afked in my PvE dungeon runs and that are only People with a very High Attack Power.

I wish i had streamed for real, then i had true prove that i still did help them, anyways the logs from the game will still show this!

Just now, Michelleke said:

I know it is bad, but To Be Honest after 1-2 minutes i did still help them, we won, then i did quit my daily (Participate with 3 whirlwinds) and did abandon my daily and im never doing PvP anymore else.

Side note: I also heard that Insulting is reportable, im always very polite, but what they said to me in that party isnt very polite.

Dropping your quest didnt fix anything. But I am glad to hear you came to your senses. They were angry in the way they spoke to you but I would hope that you realize that they made a very human mistake just like you did. You came to your senses and corrected your mistake which is admirable, if they do not correct there retalitory type behavior they will eventually be punished for it (and should be). 

Thank you for responding, this thread originally put me in a bad mood. Your admission of guilt and willingness to correct your own error has temporarily restored my faith in people. 

Try the battleground on a day you do not feel forced to be there (by a silly quest). You may see it differently, it is a very imbalanced game mode though and you will die but it can also be a lot of fun. The mode also has some ok rewards, I really like the outfit and have been meaning to grind it out. I feel bad playing it though (only reason I do not already have the outfit) because my gear is really good and it just feels unfair to the people I am easily killing regardless of how good or bad they play. 

Good luck 

you will not get ban for botting/afk but dunno if they suspend accounts for people afk. I guess not because lot people afk in dungeons! So you can afk in Battlegrounds but is pain in the ass when i get afks in my team so u should not afk! just recruit a party saying only AFK 

AFKing is obviously not allowed since you are dragging your grp down. How would you feel if there is some guy in the dungeon you are doing just standing there doing nothing you sure wouldn't like that either. You are pretty much harassing your grp when you do this and NC has stated before that it's a punishable offense. They haven't said how they punish this but they prolly hand out 24h/1 week bans to people who get reported often for this, for just doing it once prolly nothing will happen to you

If you were in my team, I'd of got upset as-well. Even if you try, atleast you are triyng. Standing at the entrance and practically leeching crappy weapon / no weapon or not. You should at least try to help your party succeed.

It is a team playing mode. You work as a team. You should discuss things on what strategy you are going with etc. That is the problem with this mode.

If you did nothing at the start, you can't blame your team mates. It's as simple as that. If you don't like PvP then avoid it but don't act like a saint by going "I afk'd first. I got called names. it made me sad, I still didn't do anything. I helped!. We won!"

Even if you streamed it people will still think you were the *cricket* for doing it in the first place.

Mhmhmm. ... the second guy who spoke should probably get in trouble for inappropriate language.

As for being reported as bot.. I don't think you can get reported for that.. dunno if they can for afking or maybe I guess co side red griefing but if you did help in the en then I dunno..?

Only time I had ever afkd/remove weapon suicide to end it faster in bg was if we were losing with 500 to 1.6k or something but even then I usually wait until someone else afk first or they say they give up and want it over quicker. If they are still trying, I'd still help... no matter how painful it is.

But yeh, afking because not liking to pvp isn't a good reason, I don't wanna do it either but have to.. even if it's just a participating without having to with gotta do think about the others as well. I do give leeway if they helped then had to afk after because of irl stuffs (ie being called by others or sudden phone call) since I do those are rare times. 

5 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

Mhmhmm. ... the second guy who spoke should probably get in trouble for inappropriate language.

Why? This is a 17+ game with a language filter and a blacklist. What possible reason could there be for him "getting in trouble" for swearing?

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Why? This is a 17+ game with a language filter and a blacklist. What possible reason could there be for him "getting in trouble" for swearing?

I probably should have backtracked and reread what I wrote since the swearing isn't punishable anyway but my question is did they kept at it and added more insults? Since that would result to player harassment even when OP was wrong for trying to afk during bg. Though we're only seeing 1 ss so we don't really know much else. 

Archived