Credit Card Info on Account

Zuzu

12 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

So quick question since I can't find this anywhere.

Anyone know how to take off saved Credit Card info that's been used on your account?

Open up a support ticket and they can take off any saved CC on file for you.

Just now, Sedwin said:

Open up a support ticket and they can take off any saved CC on file for you.

Good deal. I'll try that.

2 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

There is nothing to fear, if you never visited any shaddy sites than your infos safe with Ncsoft.

I generally don't like having credit card info saved anywhere I hadn't approved myself.

Not comfortable with the forceful saved info.

56 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

I generally don't like having credit card info saved anywhere I hadn't approved myself.

59 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

There is nothing to fear, if you never visited any shaddy sites than your infos safe with Ncsoft.

Right! Then this happens 

Should be using either a paypal or a burner/prepaid card when hitting game sites, can save you some headaches should the company ever have a security breach, or a kid/friend/pissed off BF/gf decides to charge a couple of grand of store items to your card just cuz they can. 

14 hours ago, OneYouHate said:

Should be using either a paypal or a burner/prepaid card when hitting game sites, can save you some headaches should the company ever have a security breach, or a kid/friend/pissed off BF/gf decides to charge a couple of grand of store items to your card just cuz they can. 

^

I actually took both measures. Hid one behind the other. Linked my prepaid mastercard with my paypal account, then I use paypal to buy all my online stuff. Credit is a very fragile thing.

16 hours ago, Zuzu said:

You hadn't approved it yourself? They did not force you to save your info. 

http://postimg.org/image/4xc01ey9j/

It clearly states that if you would like to save your info, please check the box. If anything, it's you who didn't read.

But back to topic: take off your credit infos. This company security systems and game guard is a piece of joke. 

1 hour ago, Farrangis said:

It clearly states that if you would like to save your info, please check the box. If anything, it's you who didn't read.

But back to topic: take off your credit infos. This company security systems and game guard is a piece of joke. 

That must be a new feature they added.  I never received such a prompt when I bought my founder's pack.  If you purchased anything prior to them adding it, then your info is linked to your account automatically without your consent.  The only way to remove linked information is to submit a ticket and have them remove it for you.

To be honest, I don't think the credit card information is getting leaked though.  I think the real issue is NCSoft's lax security when it comes to NCoin purchases.  The hacker just spam buys NCoins cleaning out whatever bank account happens to be linked to the game account.

3 hours ago, Farrangis said:

1 hour ago, Bezerko said:

That must be a new feature they added.  I never received such a prompt when I bought my founder's pack.  If you purchased anything prior to them adding it, then your info is linked to your account automatically without your consent.  The only way to remove linked information is to submit a ticket and have them remove it for you.

To be honest, I don't think the credit card information is getting leaked though.  I think the real issue is NCSoft's lax security when it comes to NCoin purchases.  The hacker just spam buys NCoins cleaning out whatever bank account happens to be linked to the game account.

Late reply on my part but yeah, I was never prompted with the screenshot text you posted.

When I bought my Founder's pack there was no indication saying my card info would be saved onto my account but the next time I charged up(about a month later) I saw that my info was saved which was odd.

But anyways, I already got it taken care of with my info being saved so I don't have to worry too much about that.

Archived