Gem Hammers for Affected Players

AveryCloseCall

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Can someone clear this up for a noob like me? I am on True Pirate right now with 4 slots. I used 5 Gem Hammer to get that 4th slot. My questions are:

Did I read correctly that you lose slots when you go to True Breeze?

So basically, when when upgrading to True Breeze, you have to un-slot all your gems, yes?

How many slots do you lose?

Thanks!

I just lost my socket when I upgraded to breeze, and had to spend 8g pr hammer again to open up sockets I had already open, losing like 80gold from it.

Now I dont even dare to think about upgrading to scorpion thinking ill lose all my sockets again, and have to re-buy tons of hammers and lose another ->100g and never seen any refund of any kind.

15 hours ago, Yerraniel said:

Hello! Can someone clear this up for a noob like me? I am on True Pirate right now with 4 slots. I used 5 Gem Hammer to get that 4th slot. My questions are:

Did I read correctly that you lose slots when you go to True Breeze?

So basically, when when upgrading to True Breeze, you have to un-slot all your gems, yes?

How many slots do you lose?

Thanks!

yes slots rng reroll when going to true breeze, yes u have to remove gems from slots before rerolling, its rng u can loose all or none.

also only if u upgrade to true breeze till 27th u will get 4 hammers back if not u will get nothing.

I upgraded my True profane weapon with 4 Slots (2 Hammers from Nccoins) to Oathbreaker and lost a Slot.

To get 4 back I had to buy 5 new ones with gold 6G/Hammer. Thats 35g and wasted Nccoins.

If this happens every upgrade I want my path switched to Siren pls since this is a double ripoff.

Not only everything is more expensive but you also need more Hammers every step of weapon I guess.

Pls fix this and give everyone who went Oathbreaker path and Breeze by then 5 Hammers at least.

Why are you so money grubbing Ncsoft, damn I played Aion before, but the greed of you in this game beats all.

SO GIVE ALL WHO UPGRADED OATHBREAKER+ OR BREEZE 5 HAMMERS TO READJUST YOUR MISLEADING INFORMATIONS.

When you pull more stuff like this off it will end like aion, which sucks badly right now, cause just extremely addicted peolpe with cheats, hacks , bots and

antisocial behaviour are left in that game. Just very few nice people left there.

When you keep this up you can already order an airbag for the crash.

Just my 2 cents from a customer (premium user a.s.o.)

Dang, I was thirsty and all these tears just filled up my cup :D

Keep on crying people. My next hobby is to build a boat to sail down this river.

This is a Korean mmo. The entire game is based on longer and longer farming time. As levels and new expansions come out it will continue to need more components, more expensive components etc. We just have speed releases coming to catch us up. You don't have to keep up with the release schedule there is no requirement to be at the "end-game". We are still early on in the weapon/accessory development, be prepared to spend 4-5x more gold/time moving forward.

With that said...

If you don't like the game - quit playing.

If you don't like the cash grabs - dont play NCSoft games or any other major F2P title ever again

If you don't like (insert whatever here) - go do something else with your time.

Spending your precious time (which is limited) complaining about shit will do nothing for you, or fulfill you and in most cases you won't be heard until it arises in mass.

They know exactly what they are doing, every single step is calculated and set up well ahead of time - there is too much data out there at this point, nothing is a mistake, accident or random. They focus on the bottom line and making money that is all. The days of good, complete and strong games is gone... why? Because of the complainers complaining about everything 24/7 - As a developer you can't keep up with it all, you get fed up trying to put in the hours and work hard for people to just *cricket* and not appreciate anything. This is why we get half produced trash. The player base just wants to consume content as fast as they can, they don't want immersion and they don't want to get into a game to love it and play it for the next 4-5 years.

You guys act like you are forced to play this game, if you don't like the way they do shit then show it by uninstalling and not spending money. Problem is people will keep spending money, keep pouring in tons of hours and keep playing the game. They know exactly how much abuse a player can take and will put up with and then just go back to repeating the same patterns.

This game like most others will just die in another 6 months due to bad management and a bad community of players. Play free and take your time and enjoy it for what it is or spend money and try to rush to get to the end so you can sit around doing nothing.... It's a GAME nothing more. Step back and think about what you get out of it and if it is worth it or not. If it stresses you or causes you to be upset then you are just causing yourself more harm. EVERY game NCSoft or any major corp that is similar dies quickly in the NA. Aion, Wildstar etc BnS is just another game brought here to cash in then die, hence the fast shove of releases to get more of your money quicker before everyone is fed up and leaves. NA players aren't prepared at all for the grind this game will become - you haven't seen anything yet.

Gaming can be an addiction and addiction can make people do some crazy things. Step back and re-evaluate what really matters. Your weapon upgrade in BnS will mean nothing to you in a few months time.

29 minutes ago, Horkas said:

Keep on crying people. My next hobby is to build a boat to sail down this river.

This is a Korean mmo. The entire game is based on longer and longer farming time. As levels and new expansions come out it will continue to need more components, more expensive components etc. We just have speed releases coming to catch us up. You don't have to keep up with the release schedule there is no requirement to be at the "end-game". We are still early on in the weapon/accessory development, be prepared to spend 4-5x more gold/time moving forward.

With that said...

If you don't like the cash grabs - dont play NCSoft games or any other major F2P title ever again

Spending your precious time (which is limited) complaining about shit will do nothing for you, or fulfill you and in most cases you won't be heard until it arises in mass.

They know exactly what they are doing, every single step is calculated and set up well ahead of time - there is too much data out there at this point, nothing is a mistake, accident or random. They focus on the bottom line and making money that is all. The days of good, complete and strong games is gone... why? Because of the complainers complaining about everything 24/7 - As a developer you can't keep up with it all, you get fed up trying to put in the hours and work hard for people to just *cricket* and not appreciate anything. This is why we get half produced trash. The player base just wants to consume content as fast as they can, they don't want immersion and they don't want to get into a game to love it and play it for the next 4-5 years.

You guys act like you are forced to play this game, if you don't like the way they do shit then show it by uninstalling and not spending money. Problem is people will keep spending money, keep pouring in tons of hours and keep playing the game. They know exactly how much abuse a player can take and will put up with and then just go back to repeating the same patterns.

This game like most others will just die in another 6 months due to bad management and a bad community of players. Play free and take your time and enjoy it for what it is or spend money and try to rush to get to the end so you can sit around doing nothing.... It's a GAME nothing more. Step back and think about what you get out of it and if it is worth it or not. If it stresses you or causes you to be upset then you are just causing yourself more harm.

Gaming can be an addiction and addiction can make people do some crazy things. Step back and re-evaluate what really matters. Your weapon upgrade in BnS will mean nothing to you in a few months time.

yes wonderful, but you do realise they broke the law, consumer rights laws, in fact they broke multiple consumer laws when this patch hit with the pre patch misleading information that we would NOT be getting this socket re-rolling system in our version of the game, then over a FULL week after patch hit, when this system was in the game, they then said "working as intended"  THEN another week later, after they realised what they had done, they released a statement:

"Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. With the Silverfrost Mountains update, during the weapon upgrade process after True Profane, the number of unlocked gem sockets available on your weapon are randomized when transitioning to the new progression system. What this means is that you can either lose, gain, or experience no change on your weapon’s gem sockets. This is by design and experienced in all versions of Blade & Soul. However, for those that have invested in unlocking an additional slot with Gem Hammers, this can feel unfair.

We understand that this is not a positive player experience for those players who feel this, and we are looking into options to rectify this issue for affected players. At this point, we cannot share specific details as to how this will be accomplished but we remain committed to the idea that reasonable and informed players shouldn’t feel reason to regret their purchases. The technical details of how we address this will take some time to determine, but we will keep you updated when we have made more progress"

We understand that this is not a positive player experience for those players who feel this,     yeah..right..... we pay for something with cash and with no warning you take away............not a positive player experience  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny also how the statement from them before this that just simply said "working as intended"  was very quickly removed, obviously after they realised that players had actually paid for theses items and they were removing them with no warnings and no info, it was as some have already said pure theft !

I dont care what you think, or what you think you know any half decent Lawyer can see they broke the law, but as with most F2P games managed like this, they get away with it, because to legally complain about it would lead to NC banning the players account, which they are legally allowed to do and players do not want to lose there accounts so these companies continue to push the boundaries of changes in game just like this issue, it is pure and simple internet bullying.

It is also funny how now the next Gem slot re-roll stage after Scorpion they have implemented, just for our version, that it will not remove 3 slots, but the others will randomly re-roll, this is because they know they were wrong, otherwise why change this specifically only for our version?

20 minutes ago, myuna said:

yes wonderful, but you do realise they broke the law, consumer rights laws, in fact they broke multiple consumer laws when this patch hit with the pre patch misleading information that we would NOT be getting this socket re-rolling system in our version of the game, then over a FULL week after patch hit they when this system was in the game  then said "working as intended" , funny also how this statement from them was very quickly removed, obviously after they realised that players had actually paid for theses items and they were removing them with no warnings and no info, it was as some have already said pure theft !

I dont care what you think, or what you think you know any half decent Lawyer can see they broke the law, but as with most F2P games managed like this, they get away with it, because to legally complain about it would lead to NC banning the players account, which they are legally allowed to do and players do not want to lose there accounts so these companies continue to push the boundaries of changes in game just like this issue, it is pure and simple internet bullying.

It is also funny how now the next Gem slot re-roll stage after Scorpion they have implemented, just for our version, that it will not remove 3 slots, but the others will randomly re-roll, this is because they know they were wrong, otherwise why change this specifically only for our version?

Honestly, I doubt they truly broke the "law" or any "consumer law" you might try to fight for a point there but take it to an actual lawyer and they will laugh at you. If it was really this bad there could be a class-action lawsuit which would cost NCsoft millions and someone would already be establishing it because they would make a killing off of winning that case which is far above and beyond losing your account. lol

Besides the point this same thing happened in TW version. My entire clan and all my friends knew this would happen long before the update even dropped. Unless you can cite and link to all these places where they supposedly lied (or share an older screenshot if it was changed) then there is nothing to back this claim. I myself nor anyone I have spoken to that actively play this game saw or heard these false promises (and we have some hardcore no-lifers in our guild that play 18hrs a day). I would very much like to see what you are referring to. 

Also if you or any players feels so wronged by their actions why are you worried about losing your account if you can get your money back? Isn't that what the fuss is about? You feel like they stole your money or cheated you from it in some way... people want to complain but they continue feeding the beast and play the game more and still invest more money even after acting upset.... The reroll slot from this current stage of progression moving to the next stage or leg weap (I think that comes after this coming content drop or the one following it) also had the slot rerolls built into it from  other servers (reference TW)

They make changes to "appease" the angry children so they feel better and continue to spend money. Like I said if you don't like their system don't play their games. This is about making as much money as possible in a short time while pretending to care about the player base. It's no diff with built in obsolesce in most items you buy today from other large corps but you still buy your smartphones, tv, appliances etc etc and they are all built to break in X amount of time. They aren't advertised as such so is that also breaking consumer laws?

It's a GAME. No matter how you wash it out.

After your edit in your comment : it looks like they clearly stated it was random gains, losses, or stayed the same. It is also just talking about "feeling" and this entire "you hurt my feelings" culture is going to ruin a whole lot more in our world than just gaming.

Keep in mind the player-base of gamers crying about shit created this environment, so now live with it and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Horkas said:

[Nonsensical wall of text.]

1 hour ago, Horkas said:

[Tower of twaddle.]

These twin walls of drivel ignore the simple fact that this is all about a game. That's why we're here.

I'm not sure what delusion is being suffered here but lets not go mixing the apples and oranges.

11 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

These twin walls of drivel ignore the simple fact that this is all about a game. I'm not sure what delusion is being suffered here but lets not go mixing the apples and oranges.

Actually these twin walls made a lot of logical points and the whole point of them was the fact it is a game.

You clearly didn't read it and just went in for an insult.

Nothing is mixed at all. Reading comprehension used to be an elementary school skill.

Just now, Horkas said:

Actually these twin walls made a lot of logical points and the whole point of them was the fact it is a game.

You clearly didn't read it and just went in for an insult.

Nothing is mixed at all. Reading comprehension used to be an elementary school skill.

If that's what you were going for, I am so sorry.

What you managed was essentially an essay on why the players of a game should not post their thoughts regarding the game on the games forum, put in place for that very purpose - albeit interspersed with some equally senseless garbage.

8 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

If that's what you were going for, I am so sorry.

What you managed was essentially an essay on why the players of a game should not post their thoughts regarding the game on the games forum, put in place for that very purpose - albeit interspersed with some equally senseless garbage.

What do you consider garbage? lol

You are just blindly insulting without any context. If you disagree that is fair but to just keep making attempts to insult doesn't help your point.

There is also a difference of posting their thoughts and flat out crying about the game which is what most of this thread and other threads turned into.

If people are so upset they shouldn't continue to support the game or the company that they feel wronged them but people complain then continue to invest money and time which doesn't show the company they are truly upset with how things work but that they just wanted to *cricket* about it for the moment.

The whole point being it is a GAME and if it upsets someone that much to have them rant on a forum then they should re-evaluate how they spend their time and money.

This game along with many others that have and will continue to come from other regions are made to be a grind. That is what those players enjoy and what the core of these games are built upon. You don't get this same type of content on the other forums like you do in NA but they dealt with the same or similar situations. A lot of this game has been made much easier and scaled down on the resources needed to progress compared to previous versions.

I bet a lot of players who actually like the game and even gather informations before an update hit stopped reading at the point where you wrote some bullshit like

With that said...

and considered all the following wall of text coming out of your hand as, pointless nonsense of an (insert insult here).

The fact is, that some people actually paid Ncoins aka RL money for the gem hammers to open the slots that they now possibly loose due to RNG. Which, i for myself found no hint of it anywhere. Tried to look specificly for it in patch notes even in old KR patchnotes. Either i overlooked it or its just not in there.

But i guess you would be fine and ok with it if you buy something and the one you bought it from comes and takes it away from you without an exchange or a worse product... Like current VW does with the "software update" for Diesel engines.

3 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

I bet a lot of players who actually like the game and even gather informations before an update hit stopped reading at the point where you wrote some bullshit like

and considered all the following wall of text coming out of your hand as, pointless nonsense of an (insert insult here).

It's the brutal honest truth. This is what awesome games become when hosted by these large companies that are all about the bottom line.

People don't always like the truth but you wouldn't keep visiting a restaurant if you didn't like their food and service. What makes a game any different?

20 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

Edited my entry post

In response to your edit. I have also spent money on this game and Ncoins.

But I do so knowing how these companies function and that there is a ton wrong with this game already and will continue to be. I am in no way surprised or upset when something like this happens.

The hammers can also be acquired through gold or a drop chance from chest in-game. So there are ways to acquire it without spending RL money. With those options available and it and being the choice of the user to spend or not - it doesn't make sense to stomp and cry when things don't work out perfectly.

With the trend of consumers returning to products, services and corporations even after they have been slighted, upset or wronged the data shows that these businesses can continue to go on with these practices because the consumer will deal with it. The only way to stop the abuse is to stop feeding the ones who create these problems. Hence my point of you have to quit to dent their pockets to make them wake up and care. Money is what they are after, when the money train ends they will open their eyes and ears. If the money rolls in then what do they care?

To add to this: They did see the complaints and offer some gem hammers back - No it won't be a direct equal value to make every single person happy but they didn't exactly walk up and "take it away" either. If this were a legal case all decisions were handled by the user so in a technical sense the user took away their own slots by upgrading not NCsoft. I can understand people being upset or not knowing clearly that they could lose the slots but no one came and just deleted/took them away without the user interaction.

In no way do I agree with NCsoft actions or how they handle these things but from a business perspective I completely understand the thought process and how they choose to play their hand.

Dont forget to read this thread which was started the day of the patch and includes official tweets concerning the upgrade slot reroll system which was brought up with Jonathan Lien a week before the patch by concerned players who were aware of the current system on Asian versions and also the far far higher availability of Gem Hammers in the game, (daily dash, daily quest and randomly from dungeon box's) from just playing at all levels. Jonathan clearly  states we would NOT be getting this system a week pre patch and would check and supply more info 'soon' which he never did. 

Babbletr0n

starting at Oathbreaker (Devil) the amount of gem slots will not be re-rolled on upgrading and you do not need to remove your gems

EDIT: Before people start quoting this, I'm going to do a full investigation to make sure this is 100% accurate

Personally I believe Jonathan, I believe the NCwest team believed we would not be getting this system and when the patch arrived they were as shocked to find it in the game as we the players did, That is when all the confusion started and the reason of the week of silence after patch day,  obviously they released content live without even understanding what was actually in it,  this was quite clearly a mistake on NCwests side and NOT the players, but yet the players are 'paying' for it.

I understand this is how it is in other versions, and I am fine with that, I would prefer 'our' system was the same, but being told we would NOT get it then SURPRISE we get is far from 'bad player experience'

Bare in mind, since this thread started ALOT of its content as been removed including NC responses

2 minutes ago, orianthi said:

I will go take Dont forget to read this thread which was started the day of the patch and includes official tweets concerning the upgrade slot reroll system which was brought up with Jonathan Lien a week before the patch by concerned players who were aware of the current system on Asian versions and also the far far higher availability of Gem Hammers in the game, (daily dash, daily quest and randomly from dungeon box's) from just playing at all levels. Jonathan clearly  states we would NOT be getting this system a week pre patch and would check and supply more info 'soon' which he never did. 

Personally I believe Jonathan, I believe the NCwest team believe we would not be getting this system and when the patch arrived they were as shocked to find it in the game as we the players did, That is when all the confusion started and the reason of the week of silence after patch day,  obviously they released content live without even understanding what was actually in it,  this was quite clearly a mistake on NCwests side and NOT the players, but yet the players are 'paying' for it.

I understand this is how it is in other versions, and I am fine with that, I would prefer 'our' system was the same, but being told we would NOT get it then SURPRISE we get is far from 'bad player experience'

Bare in mind, since this thread started ALOT of its content as been removed including NC responses

I will go take a look for this info. I was unaware that he directly stated that we would NOT be getting this in our version then it happened anyways. I looked for the video clips and could not find them. If they are deleting information to cover their tracks than that is aiding to a terrible player experience. This should just show how honest or open they are to the user base and players should be careful how they proceed when spending time/money on this game.

9 minutes ago, Horkas said:

I will go take a look for this info. I was unaware that he directly stated that we would NOT be getting this in our version then it happened anyways. I looked for the video clips and could not find them. If they are deleting information to cover their tracks than that is aiding to a terrible player experience. This should just show how honest or open they are to the user base and players should be careful how they proceed when spending time/money on this game.

he made all his comments concerning this on Blade and soul Reddit, some have been removed , but yes there was no official comment made on the games 'official forums'  by anyone except Hime and another I can not remember the name, but they were removed,  However Jonathan Lien has made many both Twitter and Reddit, which is another thing which concerned me, why nothing is posted officially on the games own official forums ?

Just now, orianthi said:

he made all his comments concerning this on Blade and soul Reddit, some have been removed , but yes there was no official comment made on the games 'official forums'  by anyone expect Hime and another I can not remember the name, but there were removed,  However Jonathan Lien has made many both Twitter and Reddit, which is another thing which concerned me, why nothing is posted officially on the games own official forums ?

This isn't in any way an insult to him or what he does because I think he does a good job overall. He is just trying to provide and pass along the info to the players.

As someone who works in Marketing and in this industry, it is very hard for me to take what they say in these types of videos or on non-official pages as the whole truth or as fact.

It's a tough scenario because that is the content provided to inform the players but he is not a decision maker in the company and will hold no weight on how things roll out. He looks very nervous in many of the videos and unsure of what he is saying to the community. He even looks off camera and pauses often which makes it seem like he is trying to check with someone else about the content being provided. (I just started going through a bunch of them and will continue to watch more)

It isn't his fault but he also most likely isn't provided all the proper information ahead of time and is just going on what might be floating around the office in terms of info.

17 minutes ago, Horkas said:

This isn't in any way an insult to him or what he does because I think he does a good job overall. He is just trying to provide and pass along the info to the players.

As someone who works in Marketing and in this industry, it is very hard for me to take what they say in these types of videos or on non-official pages as the whole truth or as fact.

It's a tough scenario because that is the content provided to inform the players but he is not a decision maker in the company and will hold no weight on how things roll out. He looks very nervous in many of the videos and unsure of what he is saying to the community. He even looks off camera and pauses often which makes it seem like he is trying to check with someone else about the content being provided. (I just started going through a bunch of them and will continue to watch more)

It isn't his fault but he also most likely isn't provided all the proper information ahead of time and is just going on what might be floating around the office in terms of info.

yes and I agree with you, and like I said I am pretty sure NCwest were not fully aware of the full contents of the patch themselves and this new system was as big a shock for them as it was for the players  which is a NC fault and mistake, NOT the players, so why players paying for it ?

But that said Jonathan was made aware of player concerns a week prior to the patch and clearly he said he would check and post back, but never did, so again who's fault is that, plus also it took them a full week post patch before anyone made any comments which were " this is how it works in other regions so working as intended" and the way it was worded read as we know it is taking your paid for items but this is what it was meant to do, which clearly made things worse.

Archived