FMs who uses detonate

Fragnance

I've encountered 3 FM's this week that use auto detonate while having 1-2 other FM's in the party.
After telling the first FM i met about it, they said our dps sucked and immediately ragequit the party.. he was an ICE FM too.
The second & third FM.. I didn't bother explaining to them what auto detonating does as they were both using ice builds too..
Dunno if there's some guide out there somewhere that is telling ice FM's to go down the auto detonate path..

This makes no sense.

I am Ice FM myself and detonating embers is rather bad, since it reduces the occasional Inferno's damage. Good ice build does not produce much ember, so detonating it is nosense. And when they actually find time to spam LC?!

Generally Ice and Burn builds should have not interference, if they do - someone is making something wrong.

Met a 510AP FM with auto detonate, me (501AP) and one other FM in the party (both of us are using Burn), I don't know how the other FM feel about the struggle of not able to ignite burn, but I just instantly leave the dungeon after knowing it in the first boss run.

Told him to switch, no listening + slacking attitude in the process; therefore leave. I won't bother explaining again and again, with that 510AP FM + HM5, I expect him to know better instead of being a tard.

25 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

Met a 510AP FM with auto detonate, me (501AP) and one other FM in the party (both of us are using Burn), I don't know how the other FM feel about the struggle of not able to ignite burn, but I just instantly leave the dungeon after knowing it in the first boss run.

Told him to switch, no listening + slacking attitude in the process; therefore leave. I won't bother explaining again and again, with that 510AP FM + HM5, I expect him to know better instead of being a tard.

Probably trolling, bored or used real money to buy gold and tried to get semi end-game gear or something. Im sure it was the first 2 x)

18 hours ago, Fragnance said:

Dear FMs, what would you FMs would do if you see another FM in your party who uses auto detonate? I mean, is using that makes your dps better? 

I give him/her a medal and 100 gold. With 2 or more FM u can burn nonstop with c+x. Auto detonate is bonus damage.

41 minutes ago, KzE said:

I give him/her a medal and 100 gold. With 2 or more FM u can burn nonstop with c+x. Auto detonate is bonus damage.

^ That! Unbeatable logic!

But well, only if at least 2 FMs use the burn build, otherwise the auto-detonate FM will probably not time his C & X to ensure constant burn.

4 hours ago, Zerecas said:

but I just instantly leave the dungeon

When I have read this, I thought - oh come on, another stupid leaver!
I mean, screwing the burn pattern of a fellow FM is not nice, but leaving mid dungeon is the most stupid and unproductive action one could do. Should be punished, like in other MMO. But more severe!! *evil grin*

35 minutes ago, MerlinBG said:

Should be punished, like in other MMO. But more severe!! *evil grin*

Yeah, and ppl will go afk instead of leaving.

If you meet the freeze FM with autodetonate just respec impact to T3S2 to get some dmg back...

29 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Yeah, and ppl will go afk instead of leaving.

True, the game is not perfect, right :(
Unfortunately people go afk even now and there is no mechanism to kick them.

Deep in solution space - for me the the perfect mechanism would look like this:
1. You play - follow group, dps - everything is fine, you are not "kickable"

2. You are AFK for some time - you become "kickable" and the party can vote-kick you

However, I believe this is completely different discussion :)

18 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

This makes no sense.

I am Ice FM myself and detonating embers is rather bad, since it reduces the occasional Inferno's damage. Good ice build does not produce much ember, so detonating it is nosense. And when they actually find time to spam LC?!

Generally Ice and Burn builds should have not interference, if they do - someone is making something wrong.

For ice FM,stage 1 LMB is nice but the trick is ice FM should get it up to tier 3 only not 4 on party play (if there is another FM in party) so they won't auto detonate and abuse other FM burn..

Doing inferno with 5 ember stacks is nice but thing is you will hardly make it because,other FMs detonate 5 ember stacks instantly to sustain burn effect..Also HM skill for inferno stage 1 is better than stage 2 imo so I'd use stage 2 only  before getting inferno HM book.Stage 1 doesn't bother with embers either.

Remember:Inferno has 45 sec CD and it does around 150 more damage per ember stacks so its like 750 more damage if its non crit and if crit then around 2k damage so 2k damage per 45 sec while LMB is spammable and yes LMB will be useful to spam in some frost combo as I will mention later.

Stage 1 LMB is pretty good for ice FM for 3 reasons:

1-generates fire orbs faster for faster dual dragons.(stage 1 LMB gives 1 fire orb per crit so you will need to cast fire F less)

2-Ice won't make good use of stage 2 LMB as they don't stack burn anyway.

3-On solo play or in a party with no FM,its more efficient to use tier 4 LMB imo specially if you have stage 1 inferno (with HM skill)..Also if you have ever heard of the frost LMB>>RMB>>1(frost forceblast) combo to get orbs fast for dual dragon,you would kinda agree with me.

Stage 1 inferno (when you get HM inferno book) for 4 reasons:

1-Tier 5 of stage 1 inferno is more PVE tan tier 5 stage 2 inferno imo since on stage 2 it will be only efficient if enemy is CCed.

2-Stage 1 inferno doesn't generate threat so less aggro.

3-Stage 1 inferno gives you 3 fire orbs on cast which is pretty nice for ice FM to cast their first dual dragon faster so once you cast frost fury then stage 1 inferno,you can cast dual dragon right after.

4-Doesn't rely on ember stacks to do maximum damage..Yes,I know its 2.5 sec cast time instead of instant but tier 5 on stage 1 should definitely make up for that wasted time by far more extra damage as well as the 3 instant fire orbs.

That was just replying to how stage 1 LMB would be useful for frost FM but I do agree that auto detonate shouldn't be used in party with other FMs so people should stick to tier 3 instead of 4 in party if they don't want trouble with other FMs.

Though I do also agree with that opinion as well (if most burn FMs had more knowledge or were less lazy,the quote below would be more efficient):

1 hour ago, KzE said:

I wish burn FMs knew burn could be sustained with C and X and Z if timed well but sadly most of them seem not to notice that or probably are too lazy to do it though it offers more overall efficiency,imo.

Btw,Ice FMs can have fire C and X and V(meteor) specced as well for extra damage so they also can offer burn if needed but its far easier to sustain the burn effect on burn build because,as Ice,I won't stop my Z+ice rain combo to sustain your burn so I will have to stay on frost mode.

6 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

I wish burn FMs knew burn could be sustained with C and X and Z if timed well but sadly most of them seem not to notice that or probably are too lazy to do it though it offers more overall efficiency,imo.

The truth is, most of burn FMs are like this :

1. doesnt care to manually detonate for burn, embers stacked - burn is off and spamming random skills

2. or apply burn, spam skills, burn is off... 5-6 seconds till notice burn is off... burn applied again.

9 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

For ice FM,stage 1 LMB is nice but the trick is ice FM should get it up to tier 3 only not 4 on party play (if there is another FM in party) so they won't auto detonate and abuse other FM burn..

Doing inferno with 5 ember stacks is nice but thing is you will hardly make it because,other FMs detonate 5 ember stacks instantly to sustain burn effect.

Absolutely agree. It does not work every time, but hey - if I am solo FM it works every time :)
If not, well, as ice FM I can live with someone else blowing my ember.

For the rest of the post whough I think we have different understanding of how efficient Ice FM rolls.

3 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Doing inferno with 5 ember stacks is nice but thing is you will hardly make it because,other FMs detonate 5 ember stacks instantly to sustain burn effect.

Nope. Since LR1 does less dmg than LR2 or LRF, standard burn build detones stacks only every ~6s to keep burn up.  But using fire skills adds ember stacks pretty quickly so if there is no auto-detonate usualy every inferno will go into 5 ember stacks.

1 hour ago, Dlacik said:

Nope. Since LR1 does less dmg than LR2 or LRF, standard burn build detones stacks only every ~6s to keep burn up.  But using fire skills adds ember stacks pretty quickly so if there is no auto-detonate usualy every inferno will go into 5 ember stacks.

I know that already..You tell other players that as most of them just spam.

9 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

^

Whe I have read this, I thought - oh come on, another stupid leaver!
I mean, screwing the burn pattern of a fellow FM is not nice, but leaving mid dungeon is the most stupid and unproductive action one could do. Should be punished, like in other MMO. But more severe!! *evil grin*

Hi, I believe leaving is better than afking in the dungeon to show displeasure to that one guy; at least, I'm giving the party a chance to get a new member.

If you read my post carefully, I do mention that the FM in subject is being unproductive by staying in the corner (slacking), until bosses then he will fight and giving me that shit detonate, tried to ignite burn with 1 and that 5 ember stacks keep backing off to a stack, that's a serious loss of dps when the fact that I took my time on trying to ignite burn instead of casting the main dps skill. Without the burn, we all hit like a paper, and shame the fact that we're top dps class.

Slacking + annoying build? Nah, that's beyond my limit.

I will not tolerate with those people that contribute little to none in overall, especially without any permission from the party, I'd rather bring a True Profane ACTIVE player into the dungeon.

From launch until now, I've only did one afk/ leech mode in dungeon, but that is due members not being cooperative and especially, being impatience and rush to the bosses while me or some members are in the flame zone. I will have them to carry me if they are that good.

Besides, I read someone mentioned that having 3 FM and above in the party is better off with auto detonating, that is true. IF ONLY they take the burn rotation well.

In a Cross Server party, you don't get this scenario at all. Everyone basically just throw whatever is off the cooldown, which is more realistic and more likely to happen rather than that golden rotation, which is why everyone is better off with burn build and that definitely guarantee us a high dps output instead of that risky detonation attempt.

The entire problem lies in the cross server dungeon and the solution is certainly not realistic enough to apply onto it, the public.

That rotation is more likely to happen with Clan members.

13 hours ago, Zerecas said:

Hi, I believe leaving is better than afking in the dungeon to show displeasure to that one guy; at least, I'm giving the party a chance to get a new member.

Oh yes, absolutely, no question about this. AFKing with no option to kick is practically party-kill for some dungeons.

Nevertheless leaving often also destroys the party, since people tend to leave after and newcommers seem to think, that somethig is "wrong" with that party and leave on entrance. Last avalanche we had to 4-man it, because of leavers, and although we did it, it was not so much fun.

Even if someone unexperienced FM completely screws your rotation, your own dps loss is around 10-15%, is not really THAT tragic, and the overall dps will still be quite ok because of the exploding embers. Not a reason to leave.

For the rest - believe me - I understand you, however I slightly disagree.

About the effective FM number - actually 2 burn FMs are quite sufficient to keep the burn up all the time, auto detonate will then just increase to the overall dps. If they really know how to burn, 30 sec discussion who starts to burn first is sufficient. If longer explanation is needed, then I would bet one of those has no idea how to burn, so will not be effective anyway.

Archived