Silverfrost Story Changes

Meliran

Maybe somebody would know this better than me, but it seems like our Silverfrost Mountains story is hardly anything close to the Korean version. The first zone is about tracking down and dismantling the Lusung Syndicate instead of being about trying to get into the Talus army to get into the capital, and a such carrying out deeds like killing a mayor who hoarded taxes. It also has nothing about killing your friends and stealing their powers for your own. On the flip side, the Korean version had pretty much nothing on Yunma Kahn and helping him.

But the differences seem too profound. Some cutscenes, even, we have aren't in the Korean version, and vice versa.

Is this NA censoring, or did someone else do it for some odd reason? Because honestly, our story just feels stale. Instead of being one of revenge and redemption, it just feels like a "building an army to prevent evil" story.

At one point, Korea completely scrapped and re-did the Silverfrost content including the story. China even remade Kang Ryu City to become what we have as Zaiwei today. Korea then followed suit.
I never played the original version of Silverfrost, but I know a lot did change. Mainly the choice between the dark & light path was removed, areas were redone, and the story was altered to fit the changes.

Many things of course were carried over including the buildings in Zaiwei, instances, NPCs, music, and certain areas in the Silverfrost maps

6 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

At one point, Korea completely scrapped and re-did the Silverfrost content including the story. China even remade Kang Ryu City to become what we have as Zaiwei today. Korea then followed suit.
I never played the original version of Silverfrost, but I know a lot did change. Mainly the choice between the dark & light path was removed, areas were redone, and the story was altered to fit the changes.

Many things of course were carried over including the buildings in Zaiwei, instances, NPCs, music, and certain areas in the Silverfrost maps

I see. That's a shame. The original was so much better.

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

This game has been localized for our market, so expect changes.

Not entirely true. The answer is right above you. Every other client after KR has same story content.

7 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

You are correct.  I guess because of localization and censoring? I'm not sure on the real reason, but the story was heavily changed to almost a completely new one. Even the region it'self undergone big changes and every other client since then has followed. These changes took place back in 2014. So it's been out for a while now.

There were also minor changes with the 45 story too, if you didn't notice.

EDIT: Ah I remember now, the reason the story was changed was because the original story made you choose between the dark and light path (Similar to factions) and sadly that kept dividing the player-base further and further away from each other and that became a big problem so it needed to be fixed. I'm sure there are lots of more reason but this is one I could remember

I still dont get what is the point of it i mean it was just thing of flawor not like it had any impact on the way game is played like factions or did it?

Or maybe its coz hero story sounds so much better then kinda dark version with revange and stuff

9 hours ago, Meliran said:

Maybe somebody would know this better than me, but it seems like our Silverfrost Mountains story is hardly anything close to the Korean version.

Is this NA censoring, or did someone else do it for some odd reason? Because honestly, our story just feels stale. Instead of being one of revenge and redemption, it just feels like a "building an army to prevent evil" story.

Hmm, when was the last time you played the KR storyline? The original KR version had different story paths and has since been removed and rewritten.

I started a few months before NA CBT on CN and then moved on to TW, and the NA storyline is exactly the same as TW. 

While it is absolutely true that folks NC hired to bastardize the game managed some of the most pathetic translations I've seen outside of "Bad Translation" Imgur threads - I'm not sure anyone could figure out how this area was supposed to have gone after all the KR changes.

24 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Hmm, when was the last time you played the KR storyline? The original KR version had different story paths and has since been removed and rewritten.

I started a few months before NA CBT on CN and then moved on to TW, and the NA storyline is exactly the same as TW. 

I never played Korean, I simply watched a translation of the story quests as they were occurring because something seemed just off about our version. And indeed, it did have the choice between dark and light. But the point where there was the choice, they could've easily just made it so you only had one choice and not changed the rest of the story.

I don't know, I'm not too big of a fan of the current story, especially at the start of the zone. It was much more in character for you to be killing your friends and absorbing their powers, since that is the path of evil. Ignore friendship and bonds, and just aim for power to exact your revenge. Now, you're still running around helping people, working for the army as the good guys, and are generally supported by everyone. It's like when the darkness is purged from you, there really was nothing that changed.

7 minutes ago, Meliran said:

I don't know, I'm not too big of a fan of the current story, especially at the start of the zone. It was much more in character for you to be killing your friends and absortheir powers, since that is the path of evil. Ignore friendship and bonds, and just aim for power to exact your revenge. Now, you're still running around helping people, working for the army as the good guys, and are generally supported by everyone. It's like when the darkness is purged from you, there really was nothing that changed.

While this does sound better, there is a subtle "evil" present in the current story line. Remember leaving the crying little girl behind, saying you don't have time for her, and only coming back to help once it served your own purposes. Also, while it might just be my imagination, there aren't that many side quests until you're cleansed, signifying you're only after your own agenda, after it, you get a fair few "helping others" kind of quests.

56 minutes ago, Saera said:

While this does sound better, there is a subtle "evil" present in the current story line. Remember leaving the crying little girl behind, saying you don't have time for her, and only coming back to help once it served your own purposes. Also, while it might just be my imagination, there aren't that many side quests until you're cleansed, signifying you're only after your own agenda, after it, you get a fair few "helping others" kind of quests.

Perhaps. I did notice that with the girl, but the reasoning for coming back I saw different. I saw it as a "Might as well help her since it's on the way" sort of a thing.

4 hours ago, Meliran said:

And indeed, it did have the choice between dark and light. But the point where there was the choice, they could've easily just made it so you only had one choice and not changed the rest of the story.

Hmm, this is exactly what they did, removed the choices fit the story to only the dark path. The change happened way before NA.

2 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Hmm, this is exactly what they did, removed the choices fit the story to only the dark path. The change happened way before NA.

No, they rewrote act 4 entirely. The story we have today is not the same as the good path they had on kr.

1 hour ago, Shilen said:

No, they rewrote act 4 entirely. The story we have today is not the same as the good path they had on kr.

Which release of KR?

As I said, I was on TW a few months before NA CBT (just right when WL came out) and the story ran pretty similar for me. The only part that was a tad unfamiliar was the Beastbog region, all other feels the same as TW.

Just now, AttacKat said:

Which release of KR?

As I said, I was on TW a few months before NA CBT (just right when WL came out) and the story ran pretty similar for me. The only part that was a tad unfamiliar was the Beastbog region, all other feels the same as TW.

When China got Silverfrost, they got a entirely new Act 4 (the one we have today), and all other versions followed cn's story. The original kr story was never released outside of Korea.

Some of the things in this game just bugs me :/  you can;t choose to do anything. Like when Yehara is asking about Yunwa and looking for her, you know EXACTLY where Yunwa is.... Mushin has her. Instead of just telling Yehara where Yunwa is you play dumb?! I sure as hell would have told Yehara right away..... because I LIKE Yehara. You don't get to choose anything, which ends up making your character seem like a total shitheaded *cricket*. I hate when I can't stand my own character I am playing as :/

Archived