Silverfrost by... me!

Moggie

Keep in mind this is a review rather than a complaint. As always, this is a free game so no matter what, we are getting more than we payed for.

So, this was supposed to be a big update to renew interest in the game in its dark hour, and it flopped. And it's not like they can try again and roll out another content update on top of this one. Moreover, it seems like the issues the game was suffering from before have only been made worse.

-There's still comically overpowered enemies that no one is going to be able to survive against. Now they're out in open-world zones as well.

-There's still invisible walls everywhere, with no reason behind them being there.

-There's still random instant deaths for travelling too far in certain directions, actively discouraging exploration in an open-world mmo.

-There's still little to no effort put into the lore and story of the world, and succeeds more in making things cluttered and stressful rather than interesting and immersive.

-Game progression still feels extremely linear.

I've put about 3 hours into the update so far, and from the very start it didn't feel motivating at all.

As always, however, I encourage each individual person to play for what you find enjoyable if you can.

What kind of OP enemies are you talking about?

Word about the walls, but that's fine to me. I don't even care about the linear maps (most areas are far too large, though) What bugs me are the quests, especially the storyquests. First you need to travel to the same places back and forth (which is kinda fine) but then you have these unbelievable annoying quests. The most annoying one was the one with the no-sprint, no-chi curse, which really made me mad. The quests aren't really designed to be fun, but to be a stresstest. Imho.

I'm at 49 20% currently and kinda burned out. I don't really know how to effectively get the last 80% exp. I was trying to do the 24man dungeons but there weren't enough people there at the time (I'll try again later), but from what I saw it didn't seem close of being as good as Efleet/NSH. It's just a pit full of mobs, right?

Just needed to get this out of my system.

Well I played till now, currently lvl 48, was weird at first when I got to silverfrost, a huge empty area with barely a few NPC's here and there, and the first daily quest that pops up is for lvl 50, until I realized that we have to go along the story line till like lvl 48 where you can get some smaller side quests....

World bosses got heavier and barely killable sure, some are worse than blackwyrm even if they have much lower HP pool lol

44 minutes ago, Purestic said:

What kind of OP enemies are you talking about?

I'll have to log back in and see the name. I think I remember their name being a pun or something. They are east of the town you are teleported to at the beginning of the new questline, slightly before the ploggles. Then there were some more at the faction camps area.

you said it " it's a f2p we are getting more than we payed for"  and yet you complain about minor things !!!!

the story line was good for me and i really loved the cinematics , but and even if you didn't like the storyline , you are going to do it once only then you have dungeons to run and enjoy your end game with .

honestly i don't that this post was necessary  .

yes i have been terribly disapointed to ,i dont even know wtf is going on or were to begin, all game long you have beautifull questhubs with maybe not the most intuitive quests, kill this collect that but now i play for 2 - 3 hours, and your just running around if you play alone and not in a group,

finishing the main quest story running around this major plains avoiding all the big bosses who 1 shot you pretty much?!?? the area's are huge but there is NO SOLO content like at ALL ?! , done the lvl 46 dungeon a few times and then mainly story , i mean ncsoft the *cricket* are you thinking , THEY done and messed up big time , it just feels to me sins there are hardly npc's or quest hubs this is just some rushed and dumbed down content just for players to gte to the endgame quik and and go back to farming, this is realy a missed oputunity they couldv made these big ass area's so much more interesting with the right content placed in them

i hope it gets better , gonna play abit again tomorrow but so far i have not been impressed, more of a disapointment , i mean why they even change the way the whole game works ?? by doing this ?? i realy dont get it :( , also i dont get why almost noone was upset about this on my server everyone just playing the game talking in faction chat like normal not bothered ?? even when i mentioned it i get a weird comment you even played league of legends there the solo players play?? , also didnt get THAT comment wtf does league of legends have to do with this game -_- wtf,

also i dont even play that trash :p

i dont have words for this NCsoft you basicly screwed the players who want to solo play and quest like normal we have bee ndoing all game long and enjoying it ..but now we  have nothing at all for them, NOTHING ,

now i heard in daction chat when you get lvl 50 you have SOME solo quest but realy from what people were telling me they first : didnt care and 2 it was all  fine and stil most quest going to be an group effort

and i am all for group content but why you putt this in the open world , and why now when expansion release , i dont get it guys -_-

you done and , f$3ked up NCsoft!

16 minutes ago, Genesizs said:

It's all right. Some people don't handle criticism as well as others. Let's prove that our opinion is to be taken seriously by keeping this discussion as non-toxic as possible.

1 hour ago, Moggie said:

I'll have to log back in and see the name.

Ok the one I was thinking of is called Raging Grassquatch.

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

There are some massive gaps between mobs in the snowy areas. I can see these areas will barely be used, kind of a waste of dev time to make. The areas, overall, do look really nice and again they are massive in scale.

Yeah the environments are very beautiful. That's one of the few things keeping me around for now.

2 hours ago, Moggie said:

There's still comically overpowered enemies that no one is going to be able to survive against. Now they're out in open-world zones as well.

Yeah, it is OP when you try to play a MMO as a solo game.

2 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Yeah, it is OP when you try to play a MMO as a solo game.

This is in open-world, though. And what seems to be a regular trash mob at that.

Also, I've mostly been quiet about this but, we have to stop using the fact that it's a multiplayer game as an excuse for poor enemy scaling. There's no guarantee that we are going to be in the exact party size they expect us to. Some of us happen to be playing while our friends are at work or school, and don't like using F8 due to bots or trolls, or just because they are introverted, and there's nothing wrong with that.

My biggest problem with silverfrost is that its completely retarded leveling expierence. worst i have ever done. First players spent 3-4 hours running around story q then they do rest of 49 lvl normal quests till they ding. Tho i grinded because its so much faster

6 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

My biggest problem with silverfrost is that its completely retarded leveling expierence. worst i have ever done. First players spent 3-4 hours running around story q then they do rest of 49 lvl normal quests till they ding. Tho i grinded because its so much faster

Where did you grind? I don't enjoy the quests at all and rather grind the rest at this point.

I'll probably do some Moonwater 24-man dailies to help with reaching lvl 46. Should be smoother sailing from there after doing it for a few days, I think.

About the lack of non-linearity complaint: expecting it to be any diffrent is setting yourself up for disappointment. Really, it should be clear at this point that's not going to be a thing in this game. Ever. So I see no real point to complain about that, it's not gonna change.

Archived