MMO's.com finds Blade and Soul "Unplayably Unbalanced"

echoeagle3

56 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think (and in fact stopped playing for this) that game really is a disappointment - it feels underdeveloped (to me at least, having not played on any asian servs) having played other MMOs. Really, there's 1 reason to play it (good combat) and a list of reasons not to.

• Grind (a lot of it) for everything. Even with good combat it turns old too fast with THAT much farming of stupid AI.
  • Lack of content..... At least there's grind....
  • Classes really are unbalanced. Summoner is an easy example and.... where there's smoke - there's fire.
  • Bots (everywhere)
  • Poorly designed accounts (with everything being stuck to character and not the account). It wouldn't hurt the game 1 bit to make some stuff (achievements, bank, wardrobe, etc) account wide.
  • Expanding on previous point, it actually costs you money to give your own character money....
  • Insanely expensive cash shop (one of few games that exceeds 10$/euro per outfit price and it is STILL character bound).
  • Tutorials and most of game hints are horrible and what's worst, skill descriptions are somewhat misleading (unless you know the game very well).
  • Currently farm for top tier upgrades involves surviving PVP against people you have virtually no chance of winning against.
  • Loot auctions...
  • NCoins for gold exchange. Say what you must, it will turn game P2W in time.

I mean the list would probably be very long if it mattered... The point is, the game only has 1 thing going for it - I don't think it's enough in today's market.

so to this i have much to say since it seems u didnt really get to endgame or didnt play enough or ure those that want content free.

Grind 

This is one of the fastest games ive ever seen where u can achieve max level fast without exp boosting items. are u what? u want insta 45? *censored as what i might say after is against ToS but this should give u a hint of what kind of servers im talking abt*

Lack of content

There is really no lack of content we are getting content really fast if u play 4h a day and dont spend a penny on useless items as outfits/not sell soulstones/craft items u could easilly have gotten 2 lv45maxed chars already maybe 3

Classes really are unbalanced

well they are BECAUSE we have a level 50 patch and we can only use lvl45 skills but with next patch most should be fixed in balance terms

Poorly designed accounts

i have to say i agree with this but instead of shared bank id rather have an account stash with like 6 slots shared between accounts(we would get more bank slots if banks keep individual

Expanding on previous point, it actually costs you money to give your own character money....

are u talking abt mails? or the case u need to pay ncoin to use mails? if so contact ncsoft as far as i know to send items to characters in same account u can do it without charging

if you talk about the fee itself well its a gold sink and its there to help decrease the income of gold ingame such things are actually requested by players in other games were the game already has to much coin

Tutorials and most of game hints are horrible and what's worst, skill descriptions are somewhat misleading

1st point i dont agree except for warlock tutorial but thats like 1 minor point

2nd point well ye the translation is misleading but happens in most games and dont forget this game was recently released in NA/EU so its actually normal most games have alot of translation errors wich are only fixed months later however its not much often to be in skills but u still might find

Currently farm for top tier upgrades involves surviving PVP against people you have virtually no chance of winning against

well theres allways 2 options

1st ask in faction chat if theres a safe chanel to do daillies(no chanel is 100% safe either ways)

2nd if 1st is allways unavailable u can allways swap to the other faction even though its gona increase the faction imbalance

• Loot auctions...

this is actually a good system wich i wish to have had in many other games i played till now

what are u a bot supporter? also this isnt p2w(will never be) want to know why?

1st this actually provides ppl to obtain ALREADY EXISTING ingame gold from other players

how so?

simple to be able to purchase gold with ncoin someone has to buy hongmoon coins with gold wich means ncoins are lost and provides hm coins to the player who sold their gold for hm coins u can say this is actually more similliar to i buy x item with ncoins and u buy x item from me its basicly the same just through another system

2nd

this only affects owpvp and the only real diference is while said person gets their items upgraded lets say in 1 week the other person who didnt do this gets the same upgrades in 1 month

remember that this doesnt affect arena wich is main point of pvp in bns since theres stats equalizer as for owpvp they will still have to farm soulshield/purple weaps for upgrades wich are untradeable so they still must farm it

3rd point is the following

there is the need of a system in wich ncsoft can benefit from hosting the game after all whats the point of a f2p game if the company can only get a loss? what you are saying is that u want everything handled to u for free once again go for uncensored content on point 1

Ok so i checked that video for a minute or so that u are talking about. Dont know who mmo com is and not very interested to find out, meaning that i dont know how legit or non legit is what they say. Anyway, so the guy ur refering is the guy that was not using a camera and was using animated anime girl instead?

So my opinion is that no one has any right to say anything about balance before they at least reach platinum. Before the bots it was gold i would say but now with bots everywhere they are free rating so yeah reach plat then talk about balance please.

Ive watched few streams people playing in korea and seen some youtube videos from diamond players and i heard them saying that pvp is very very balanced in this game (Except summoners ofc at lvl 45 which is my personal opinion). I will trust those guys instead of some random guy who covers his face with animated anime girl.

58 minutes ago, Szakan said:

She did. She designed Pantheon and Lux, and did the reworks for Ryze, Master Yi and Sona.

There was even an item named after her, though it has since become the Talisman of Ascension.

Now that I think of it. Lux was OP when she came out. Ryze was OP after rework. Yi was OP after rework. Sona was OP after rework. 

It's funny how she talks trash about balance when she can't do it herself lol

7 minutes ago, crayonblackchan said:

Now that I think of it. Lux was OP when she came out. Ryze was OP after rework. Yi was OP after rework. Sona was OP after rework. 

It's funny how she talks trash about balance when she can't do it herself lol

Last I was aware, designers in League don't typically create the numbers. They just work on mechanics and kit. The balance team works on numbers.

That said, I don't agree with her here. Especially since it's known BnS' balance isn't good until 50 and she reviewed it before then. :/

For combat, Vindictus did it better. Having most of the characters' combos mapped to the mouse allowed for seamless action and as most characters had a dodge that they could use without cooldown, the fights felt real-time and thrilling.

What a load of a bullshit over there, really i have no words at all. 

Compare 

Vindictus pvp 

BnS PVP 

BnS combat system has WAY MORE OPTIONS than vindictus, in fact there are specified guides and commentaries how to play pvp in this game... 

Much more varienty in builds, much more ways to kill enemies, waaay more combos to do and combination of skills. 

In fact BnS has its own E-sport scene and is going to grow at west as well, while vindictus pvp is so shitty people are more interested in PVE grind (and this are not my words, i took them from the yt vindictus pvper crying about lack of competition in this game). 

BnS has one of the best pvp system in the mmorpg world, could compete with such game like swordman online. 

I'm NGL, but at the end of the day saying learn to play, is fine, any class can win if u outskill ur opponent I'm assuming the complaint was made on a top tier level, where Players are Equally matched and at the absolute top of their classes Performance, it'll only be then u notice the small problems the balancing system currently has.

you cant really rush to the games defence where this is concerned, we're balanced on a level 50 patch while we do not hold the other 5 HM Skills or the final 5 Levels, classes are being buffed to become viable on skills that we currently cannot have.

I'm sure she'll try in level 50 with the new balancing, and I'm sure a new review will be written based on 50, at the end of the day that's actually where the games ment to be, the fact that NCSoft made the move to actually Pushing the game back to its release state was going to let down many, why? Because a lot of players had played todays version and fell in love with the game as it improved, to be shot back to beginning would only highlight those flaws for players as they've had the game at its peak.

to state its the most unbalanced MMO is silly though, I mean GW2 is heavily imbalanced.. WoW is Heavily imbalanced... I feel that this statement holds some truth to it, but is Wildly over-exaggerated.

If someone already mentioned it then forgive me, but balance is a a near impossibility when you have multiple classes with varied combat and you're discussing one on one situations. Where balance should show, however, and still does not, is in 3 vs. 3. Three summoners or three KFMs still have a rather sizeable advantage no matter what you send against them unless it's a threesome of those same classes.

Having unlimited CC capability for all intents once someone has blown their tab is a horrible system. Honestly I've seen few games that do this correctly anyway, but team play in Guild Wars 2 was relatively balanced when last I played it. Almost any team composition could do well because of the strengths of each class. This game is still very poorly done in that regard.

In terms of singles matches the 50 patch will help, but some classes will still remain much harder to do well with assuming that all things are equal between two players in terms of skill.

41 minutes ago, HeiHua said:

?

Vindictus did it better. Not the combo but the combat.

In Vindictus, Dragon Nest etc, you can DODGE projectiles, you execute your skills manually, not this targeting traditional mmo all over again.

WAY MORE OPTION is not option when someone is in stealth and you lost access to majority of your skills. Because the skill system ain't manual and not an entirely hitbox based either.

3 hours ago, Zero said:

I think (and in fact stopped playing for this) that game really is a disappointment - it feels underdeveloped (to me at least, having not played on any asian servs) having played other MMOs. Really, there's 1 reason to play it (good combat) and a list of reasons not to.

• Grind (a lot of it) for everything. Even with good combat it turns old too fast with THAT much farming of stupid AI.
  • Lack of content..... At least there's grind....
  • Classes really are unbalanced. Summoner is an easy example and.... where there's smoke - there's fire.
  • Bots (everywhere)
  • Poorly designed accounts (with everything being stuck to character and not the account). It wouldn't hurt the game 1 bit to make some stuff (achievements, bank, wardrobe, etc) account wide.
  • Expanding on previous point, it actually costs you money to give your own character money....
  • Insanely expensive cash shop (one of few games that exceeds 10$/euro per outfit price and it is STILL character bound).
  • Tutorials and most of game hints are horrible and what's worst, skill descriptions are somewhat misleading (unless you know the game very well).
  • Currently farm for top tier upgrades involves surviving PVP against people you have virtually no chance of winning against.
  • Loot auctions...

I mean the list would probably be very long if it mattered... The point is, the game only has 1 thing going for it - I don't think it's enough in today's market.

I don't understand some of these points.

the game feels undeveloped because the game got scaled back to what it was in KRs release, it feels under developed cause our Stage IS Underdeveloped, til it has caught up with KR where its development is, u wont feel any other way.

There is no grind.. Full stop really.

Summoner isn't actually that overpowered, it just takes so much less effort to play, they'll generally outskill you based on class knowledge, they only have to know a few key things to win and you need to know ALOT just to be able to counter it, I'm not arguing it isn't Overpowered, just that the margain isn't as great as it sounds, hence why TONS of summoners are stuck in gold, because they are more and more effective against players with limited knowledge.

item bounds to characters Exists in 99% Of games, its always been that way, this is to stop u from for example rolling a Summoner grinding the Entire game out and Swapping it to ur Actual beloved class to boost it all the way through, therefore having 0 knowledge of the class ur now playing and screwing groups left right and centre, This forces you to actually play your Main and Actually progress AS ur main. it builds Person to Character Progression and is what is ment to make u fall in love with ur chosen character.

NCoin for gold exchange, this has been explained 100% over, if for example they removed it, people would simply sell the stuff via private transaction, which is 1) Cheaper, as u get ALOT more gold through this method for ur NCcoins, it costs roughly £120 for 150-200g, this would prolly take u from Infernal - True Siren. if u consider ALOT of the expensive is during true siren through to true pirate.. ur prolly looking at a £400-£500 investment, books cant be considered here as 50 content brings a way to earn these books via achievements compare this to the 90 day sub being sold for 120-200g, this is actually roughly £25 for 200g, which over £100 = uptoo 800g so actually private methods are ALOT More "p2w" and that's Player created.. the COMMUNITY supports this method. every gfame forever will hold RL Cash to Gold conversion, weather the game supports it or not, because at the end of the day it ISNT against ToS.

however, the bots is a good thing to point out, although imho if ur EU Wont have a great deal of effect on you, on NA it is proving to be a SERIOUS problem and needs some attention pushed towards it, hopefully the fact NCSoft are releasing methods of Solo grinding Soulstones this will pull some of the bots OUT of the pvp scene, so they'll become Less impactful on the game atleast, it isn't a solution, but players wouldn't care for them if they didn't directly affect em. hopefully once the game has caught up and NCSoft West arnt in continuous efforts to catch us up, they'll be able to settle down and look into this problem efficiently.

the game isn't bad and has ALOT more then 1 thing going for it.

- the Storyline, although minor isn't really relevant, this is one of the first games I've generally enjoyed atleast 90% of the levelling and progression in.

- Soloing feels MORE social, dailies etc etc encouraging you to participate with other players in a boss fight in open world brings players close together and builds a communication in region chat.

- One of the best PvP Systems in MMOs today.

- Class building is EXCEPTIONAL, these classes are versatile and theres Litterally something for everyone, they're unique in their own ways even when seeing hybrids such as the blade dancer, it plays SO DIFFERENTLY to either counterpart its brought together from.

Yes the game is Undeveloped, Yes bots are becoming a major problem and Yes the games still missing ALOT of what it needs. but YES it will get SO MUCH BETTER when we are caught uptoo KR Finally and NCSoft West can dedicate all their time towards those occurring problems in the game, BnS Was always a Nicht market specially in the West, its a Korean game and Not many have what it takes to dedicate to this, espically as Majority of the time EU/NA Always seem locked behind the current conditions of the game forcing the companies to be contiously updating at a accelerated pace for the first year of the games release. its time consuming to a whole new level for a company to attempt to make this sort of transition because they have barely any time to do anything else due to the demand of Acceleration.

I think even with its problems.. it defintly has enough there to keep me playing, I aint white knighting it, I know theres problems.. but every game does in this day and age, I will stick around to atleast give it a chance instead of throwing it out while the companies still settling the game down... Its a Different model and it has restrictions in comparison to orginal games brought in from western countries, they are currently forced to do a accelerated pace through every update the games had, we're still missing half of what was released to fix a lot of the problems in the servers.

20 minutes ago, Erovianni said:

Should see what Pc Gamer gave BNS, its pretty hilarious that the writer was so bothered by breast physics and stylish outfits.

What I loved about that one was that he actually went to the MMORPG.com forums to cry and whine about how people picked apart his review (A reviewer for MMOSite especially broke down his review and rekt him personally on his review) it was glorious, I absolutely love people like him that cry about breast physics and skimpy outfits when he played a female character and a GON at that.

26 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

What I loved about that one was that he actually went to the MMORPG.com forums to cry and whine about how people picked apart his review (A reviewer for MMOSite especially broke down his review and rekt him personally on his review) it was glorious, I absolutely love people like him that cry about breast physics and skimpy outfits when he played a female character and a GON at that.

I must see the salt. Please direct me to it.

36 minutes ago, Erovianni said:

I must see the salt. Please direct me to it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/blade-and-soul-review/
(The article itself with Dododoro of MMOSite putting him in his place)

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/445199/pc-gamer-blade-soul-review-5-10
The thread on MMORPG criticizing his score, and then he joins in to try and quell the fury. (He fails by getting rekt there too)
You can see his obvious bias for wildstar and SWTOR which he scored much higher (93/100) despite being one of many MMO failures of 2014-15

tbh that review is hilarious.

although some points are valid, his review seems almost as if he thought the game was going to bring something brand new to gaming that's never been seen before, ignoring the factor hes playing a game that was released 6 years ago, he complains on ALOT of things that were seen as fantastic and amazing in those times and even top MMOs like WoW which are deemed to be worth the forced Sub to enter the game still in this day use.

game has a lot of outdated things which could make PvE Smoother if they fixed, for example, Scaling the EXP in dungeons so players can Ignore side quests and Just level via Dungeoning and main questline, Introducing a level filter on PvP System so low levels can pvp without disadvantages (not that its impossible) and also increase exp gain to make it also viable.

they could also implement changes to the questing system to let quests be completed on the go instead of constantly returning to the camps quests were given from, also make more things account bound rather then character bound such as siren emblems so changing chars doesn't feel like such a restart,

this opinon on it does seem heavily biased, as if a MoBA Lover logged into this game, the "faults" are on a majority just MMO Specific rather then this game personally. he hasn't stuck through even halfd aslong as he should have before giving a review and u can tell that purely from the writing, he points out generic faults in a MMORPGs genre, rather then the specific game even tho theres plenty to go through.

- nothing on Outfits being character bound.

- Nothing on 0 access to account wardrobes.

- nothing on the fact theres no proper EU Servers so causes impacts to Ping during PvP and also downtimes being in peak hours for quite a few people.

- nothing on the Imbalancements due to being balanced on something that isn't in the game yet.

- nothing on 0 story after 43.

he just sounds like a player with a dislike to Eastern MMO Gameplay, when he has a complaint on the females look and a standardized questing system of BnS's release time, but nothing on being forced to grind 43-45 on dailies and a few side quests, Nothing on the Inaccurate translations, Some of the voice overs severe clipping in armours/weapons and the lack of stuff u can transfer to alts its pretty clear he doesn't like eastern MMos and he has preferences elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/blade-and-soul-review/
(The article itself with Dododoro of MMOSite putting him in his place)

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/445199/pc-gamer-blade-soul-review-5-10
The thread on MMORPG criticizing his score, and then he joins in to try and quell the fury. (He fails by getting rekt there too)
You can see his obvious bias for wildstar and SWTOR which he scored much higher (93/100) despite being one of many MMO failures of 2014-15

Which page had the one where another reviewer came and personally picked the thing apart?

Oh man that is complete and utter annihilation from that guy, and its funny people think a review with score is an opinion, that really goes out the window when he sets it as a grade for the game that is to be judged closely and objectively as possible like how a teacher grades a students work and what percentage it should get.

So some unknown scrub website makes an uninformed opinion. Even if it was a known place, doesn't matter. The classes aren't 100% balanced no but they could be way worse like some unmentioned games. It sounds like they may be some of the posters majorly exaggerating things on these forums.

Archived