MMO's.com finds Blade and Soul "Unplayably Unbalanced"

echoeagle3

So I don't know how many of you guys watch the youtube channel MMO's.com but in their most recent podcast they were speaking about the MMO they found to be the biggest let down. Ragnarok 2 was said, so was Gunz 2 and then one of their members, Shurelya said that the biggest mmo let down she has ever played was Blade and Soul. She of course went on to complain about how terribly unbalanced the classes are. Basically saying that the balance issues were so bad and so outrageous that it ruined any fun that could be had with the game. I find this to be completely absurd, What does everyone here think?

1 minute ago, SereneGrace said:

What balance?

Bronze to mid plat are destroyer bots.

Mid plat and on are summoner bots/hackers.

How do you even talk about balance when you can't even fight humans consistently?

they never mentioned bots. So I assume they mean balance when fighting other people

Just now, SereneGrace said:

What balance?

Bronze to mid plat are destroyer bots.

Mid plat and on are summoner bots/hackers.

How do you even talk about balance when you can't even fight humans consistently?

Sucks to be american in bns,ye? In eu we are just fine.Bots above 1700 are none existent.

Balance...is more about there is easy to learn/master classes and hard to learn/master classes.

Yes is frustrating to lose from bad players playing hello kitty class with resists,heals and op CCs or 3 button class like LBM but....life is not perfect.Things will change.

9 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Sucks to be american in bns,ye? In eu we are just fine.Bots above 1700 are none existent.

Balance...is more about there is easy to learn/master classes and hard to learn/master classes.

Yes is frustrating to lose from bad players playing hello kitty class with resists,heals and op CCs or 3 button class like LBM but....life is not perfect.Things will change.

Shut up, u get bots till 1950, or u just didnt get there.

I think (and in fact stopped playing for this) that game really is a disappointment - it feels underdeveloped (to me at least, having not played on any asian servs) having played other MMOs. Really, there's 1 reason to play it (good combat) and a list of reasons not to.

• Grind (a lot of it) for everything. Even with good combat it turns old too fast with THAT much farming of stupid AI.
  • Lack of content..... At least there's grind....
  • Classes really are unbalanced. Summoner is an easy example and.... where there's smoke - there's fire.
  • Bots (everywhere)
  • Poorly designed accounts (with everything being stuck to character and not the account). It wouldn't hurt the game 1 bit to make some stuff (achievements, bank, wardrobe, etc) account wide.
  • Expanding on previous point, it actually costs you money to give your own character money....
  • Insanely expensive cash shop (one of few games that exceeds 10$/euro per outfit price and it is STILL character bound).
  • Tutorials and most of game hints are horrible and what's worst, skill descriptions are somewhat misleading (unless you know the game very well).
  • Currently farm for top tier upgrades involves surviving PVP against people you have virtually no chance of winning against.
  • Loot auctions...
  • NCoins for gold exchange. Say what you must, it will turn game P2W in time.

I mean the list would probably be very long if it mattered... The point is, the game only has 1 thing going for it - I don't think it's enough in today's market.

22 minutes ago, echoeagle3 said:

So I don't know how many of you guys watch the youtube channel MMO's.com but in their most recent podcast they were speaking about the MMO they found to be the biggest let down. Ragnarok 2 was said, so was Gunz 2 and then one of their members, Shurelya said that the biggest mmo let down she has ever played was Blade and Soul. She of course went on to complain about how terribly unbalanced the classes are. Basically saying that the balance issues were so bad and so outrageous that it ruined any fun that could be had with the game. I find this to be completely absurd, What does everyone here think?

That comment just proves how stupid he/she is. If someone cant understand the fact that current west BnS is not designed to play at lvl 45 so ofc classes are unblanced and broken. It gets lot better at lvl 50

she said she reached 45 but i believe she hasn't learned much in the game or readed on how to play.

And i feel, someone can correct me, that she may be a person that doesn't learn from mistakes OR hasn't checked what skills does what.

Because the day that i found out that my Spinal tap had defence penetration ONLY if i put it in tier 2 instead of tier 3 my play style changed everything and i started winning my battles here and there.

id also feel that she wants a game that hit buttons and everything gets destroyed but for that to be true we need to take a look at her loved games. we might find a pattern that may confirm what i believe.

You can find the vid on the MMOs youtube channel, starts at 6:30

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think (and in fact stopped playing for this) that game really is a disappointment - it feels underdeveloped (to me at least, having not played on any asian servs) having played other MMOs. Really, there's 1 reason to play it (good combat) and a list of reasons not to.

• Grind (a lot of it) for everything. Even with good combat it turns old too fast with THAT much farming of stupid AI.
  • Lack of content..... At least there's grind....
  • Classes really are unbalanced. Summoner is an easy example and.... where there's smoke - there's fire.
  • Bots (everywhere)
  • Poorly designed accounts (with everything being stuck to character and not the account). It wouldn't hurt the game 1 bit to make some stuff (achievements, bank, wardrobe, etc) account wide.
  • Expanding on previous point, it actually costs you money to give your own character money....
  • Insanely expensive cash shop (one of few games that exceeds 10$/euro per outfit price and it is STILL character bound).
  • Tutorials and most of game hints are horrible and what's worst, skill descriptions are somewhat misleading (unless you know the game very well).
  • Currently farm for top tier upgrades involves surviving PVP against people you have virtually no chance of winning against.
  • Loot auctions...
  • NCoins for gold exchange. Say what you must, it will turn game P2W in time.

I mean the list would probably be very long if it mattered... The point is, the game only has 1 thing going for it - I don't think it's enough in today's market.

This is stricly speaking from a PvEr. For a pure PvPer (arena only) only the hacker issue (and bot to some extents) matter.

My complaints:
-Bots on dungeon and arena
-FPS
-Lag
-AFK players

Good points:
-Story line (for me. might not for your preference)
-x-server dungeon.
-combat.
-1v1 and 3v3 pvp mode. of course except the bot part.
-Forced faction pvp on faction quests. (especially using my sin)

Subjective Complaints:
-Balance = should really learn your class. there is no invincible class. just harder to learn than the others but huge advantage when mastered.
LBM - easy control/spin
Dest - easy control/spin
FM - cc/unli ice
KFM - stunlock
BM - 10 cc??
Sin - unli stealth
Smnr - easy control/heal
WL - oh yeah pretty soft but a nuker.
-PK = if you are on a faction quest of course there will be a PK.
-Grind? huh? You follow quest and you'll reach 45.
-Bidding = good one but hopefully there will be a priority for specific weapon class if certain class is on a party.
-NCoins Xchange = will just speed up your gear progress but no other advantage, still need to farm for emblems and purlpe weapons. non-ncoin xchanger can also attain ncoin x-changer's progress.
-Character Bound items = I also wish they reduced the bound items and just at least make it account bound but i think it is a defense mechanism for more bot farming exploration.

Characters:
Assassin - 45HM5
Warlock - 45HM1
Summoner - 45HM3
Kung Fu Master - 45HM1

At the moment. We are patched with the latest patch with the latest balance. However, we are still sitting with lv 45 content, hence the feel of imbalance. On the other hand, "unplayably unbalanced" is a bit of a stretch. Sounds like an angry silver bird who gets eaten by Destroyer bots to me.

This game was a big let down for me as well, especially after hearing about it since around 3 years ago. 

As far as world design, Perfect World did it better, having no invisible walls and allowing you to be truly free to explore.

For combat, Vindictus did it better. Having most of the characters' combos mapped to the mouse allowed for seamless action and as most characters had a dodge that they could use without cooldown, the fights felt real-time and thrilling.

For character design, many of the bodies are anatomically incorrect, especially the females.

The story is dull and riddled with clichès. There's virtually no lore to be had outside of quest dialogue, and even then it's very bland and unexciting.

Dungeon design leaves a lot to be desired. The fire walls that appear during boss fights feel forced and have no reason lore-wise to suddenly appear.

There's probably a lot more but I'll stop here. Long story short, I have to agree this was one of the biggest let-downs in gaming in the past few years.

24 minutes ago, echoeagle3 said:

She of course went on to complain about how terribly unbalanced the classes are. Basically saying that the balance issues were so bad and so outrageous that it ruined any fun that could be had with the game. I find this to be completely absurd, What does everyone here think?

I'm not going to argue about balance generally, but thinking that B&S stands out among legendary balance screwups is pretty hard to see.

• FF14 2.0 had 2 tanks, one of which was completely worthless, and 2 melee DPS, both of which were worthless (people only ever took one MNK for the LB).
  • ArcheAge for months was legions of Primevals and Darkrunners with the occasional Daggerspell due to how OP Shadowplay was. 120 classes, and maybe 10 saw any playtime at all. Shadowplay got nerfed into the dirt, and Archery still hasn't recovered.
  • Lineage II for some time was ruled by Plains Walkers -- elf Archers with the fastest movement speed and absolutely no reason to allow anyone to actually damage them. Many similar games suffered similar problems, like L2 clone Rappelz.
  • Remember World of Roguecraft? If not, you probably never played vanilla WoW.

PVP is the most balanced in this game of any MMO I've ever played.  Mostly because the combat system is so deep and amazing, it allows every class to outplay any other class.  It's harder for some matchups than others but it's always doable.

It gets even more balanced at 50, too.

But yeah if you're new/bad, it might seem like the game is unbalanced and that's why you're losing to a certain class.

As for me, this game was the biggest surprise I've had in gaming maybe ever.  The game wasn't even on my radar.  Tried it randomly like a week after it came out and have been playing it for hours daily since and having a blast.

tbh I agree I have stuck with this game because I like the combat but I hate the pvp in this game, my first char was BM and completely sucked when lock came out I rerolled and never looked back, assassin is nothing but perma stealth LBM is spin and immune to all cc and same goes for destroyer summoner just spams heal cat or cat heals him/her master try to kill the cat it goes immune kill summoner goes invisible ... kfm is counter all day every day to me the only class that seems to not be able to spam their most op abil is the lock, I feel if they made stuff go on cd like the sins stealth kfm counter summoners invis stuff like that then their would be more balance but we will see what happens this next level 50 patch but I wont touch pvp arena because of this

Seriously can you really take MMOs.com seriously at all?

I mean, she "played" the game "hardcore" up until 45 as a !summoner!! (which i am main too though) and she thinks the balance is shit because she could not do anything against certain classes? Also if you look at their "podcast" skype video conference setup... i mean seriously, a bunch of guys (and one girl) sitting in their bedrooms talking about games... go to twitch and you find much more professional channels and players.

Their statement is pretty horable and they don't even have informations about the game at all. Just that one guy said "This game has been out for years and they haven't implement any balance yet?" and this girl just says "yeah they don't dunno why"

Seriously, did they get any informations about the game in before making their skype calls?

Edit: Listening further into that podcast they made, the girl seems to not really know what she talks about. (and she claims on their "about us" part of their website that she worked for Riot Games designing for league of Legends...

22 minutes ago, MinaTakashi said:

[...] and she claims on their "about us" part of their website that she worked for Riot Games designing for league of Legends...

She did. She designed Pantheon and Lux, and did the reworks for Ryze, Master Yi and Sona.

There was even an item named after her, though it has since become the Talisman of Ascension.

I am sure a lot of you are familiar with my rant VS NCsoft but....

The game is balanced. The pvp is balanced, the classes are balanced. Period. Even if they weren't perfectly 100% balanced that would be fine. It's a challenge, the classes you say that are unbalanced or weak can help you in dungeons, group pvp, tag team pvp...etc She sounds biased/inexperienced. All classes have weak/strong points. Some classes shine right away while others take more practice, just like in LoL, Dota, Smite etc.(mobas) 

Almost every MMO game has a brief introduction and a difficulty comparison on the gods/classes. Why do you think? It's not meant to be "balanced" in that sense. That would be stupid if every class was the same.

However, the bots and the hackers are the only reason the game is "Unplayable" 

I like the graphics and the gameplay and the combat system. But the real let down is the bots, hackers, afk's, and faction unbalance.

I get that there are strengths and weaknesses to each class. But when bots are reported they need to be banned. When hackers are reported, same. They need to go into arena and actually play and they'll see.

Hackers - Like why is a Destroyer able to hit a Force Master that is outside the range of blazing palm?? With a regular swing?

Afks - why are some people content to lose and lose arena matches?? This hurts in a tag match, when there's only one person fighting on your team. 

Faction Unbalance - they should at least make the NPC's unkillable. This would stop opposing factions from interfering with getting quests done that are non-combatant.

So yeah, I'm done for now, I'll check back to see if things are fixed a while from now.  If not, I've given this company zero money, so that makes it easy to leave.

The way its unbalanced is the way that its VERY unforgiving make one mistake ur dead. However thats only a few classes. How i think its unbalanced is the way u can outplay someone a lot but u make one mistake against a kfm and u get 3rfed 100-0 or against a des who furies then either red spins or ani cancs u dead in like 3s. Kfm and des are the only classes that can kill as quick as they do same thing if u made that same mistake against a FM or a BM sure ull get punished but not nearly as harshly that wont change no matter what. However u can still beat other classes it just takes more skill. Another issue is ping high ping makes u play witha  disadvantage which k its in all games yea but the ping as bad as it is on arena and jus bns in general its prt bad(i play with 250+) so all those tied together makes it a SUPER steep learning curve to anyone who just wants to hop on and do some pvp bns pvp system dosent work like that, u gotta dedicate time and have to have the skills to beat others.

Archived