The reason why ncsoft release silverfrost on 23rd march

Rocketman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

if you leave a game once you rushed the the "max lvl" so exploring nothing, nor barely experienced half  of the game

I doubt any mmo in the world would ever be able to please you tho :]

Oh I was not rushing at all! maxed out most of the nodes, almost reached professional rank in horse taming / horse combat, did pretty much everything except upgrading my gears to +15.. farming end game was just too difficult, and everyone had ghillie suits on which made the game very P2W and unfair for certain job classes when it comes to PVP

Tree of Savior was a game I played before getting into Blade and Soul & Black Desert, closed beta was great! excellent community, and I'm getting ready for the game launch next week.. currently studying the job classes, synergy bonuses with certain jobs, and how well they do in PVE solo/party

5 minutes ago, Yajnos said:

If you hate BnS because of grinding and you think ToS is different they good luck to you that game is more grindy than your real life.

i personaly dont care about ToS

But its indeed the truth that all mmo turn grindy at some point ( even GW2 turn grindy  )

I still think that BnS is the worse game for grind tho.

3 minutes ago, Luffs said:

Oh I was not rushing at all! maxed out most of the nodes, almost reached professional rank in horse taming / horse combat, did pretty much everything except upgrading my gears to +15..

Like in a few days you had enough contrubition point to get everything, so like enough energy point to get pro into crafting ?

I mean, unless you played 96h per days its not possible seeing the actual ranking in game xD

Sure man !

( But i do agree that for now the pvp is broken because no gear equalization and because ghillie, so like the guys abusing /rescue in fight to avoid death. That's why personaly i'am taking my time :] )

I clearly bet that a week or 2 after ToS release you will leave as well xD

14 minutes ago, wootwoots said:

Like in a few days you had enough contrubition point to get everything, so like enough energy point to get pro into crafting ?

I mean, unless you played 96h per days its not possible seeing the actual ranking in game xD

Sure man !

( But i do agree that for now the pvp is broken because no gear equalization and because ghillie, so like the guys abusing /rescue in fight to avoid death. That's why personaly i'am taking my time :] )

I clearly bet that a week or 2 after ToS release you will leave as well xD

Not sure if this answers your question, but anyway..

qQvNJFw.jpg

40ZOU5z.jpg

DlHMES4.jpg

Yep, you did jack sh#t in BDO and just rushed the game, that's what i understood and see :] But after you play as you want tho.

As for TOS, i dont know and will never play that game, i just dont like anymore thoses top down view games, and cant stand that ( but that's just a personal taste tho )

Already bought a founder's  pack :p

I have played it while it was still in CBT, pretty grindy but enjoyable if you have your peeps with you. and it ain't like B&S where you can just go all DPS in a party. ;)

8 hours ago, Gumshim said:

Lol, did you even realize that Blade and Soul is a kids game? Honestly, ToS is neither more than less a kids game than B&S is.

Let's see what I mean:

1. Races: Did you look what kind of races exist in B&S? There are the cute&small Lyn for everyone who likes childlike appearances, and the Gon for everyone who wants to have Hulk added as his 2nd first name, although being a hulky,bulky Kung Fu master isn't just stupid but also very unrealistic

(Bruce Lee wasn't Hulk, right? Just look at all the Asian Kung Fu stars like Jackie Chan, Jet Li e.g....).

2. Battle System: While the game seems to be featuring a thrilling combat/battle system with several distinctive classes,

featuring their own weapon skins, all in all they are all(excluding Kung Fu master) armed with either a baseball bat or a paper fan (whatever you favor more, I think paper fan would be most fitting). The reason I'm saying this is because the battle animations of the weaponry ( the "swords" mainly) aren't featuring how a sword is to be used. Just looking how the Blade Dancer is throwing wind or electricity at the enemy and how endless "beatings" with a bladed weapon have totally no effect on the enemy makes it clear that the animations are made in a way that compromises +- no violence while still having "awesome" effects.

3. Age Restriction and Adult Content: So while Blade and Soul features a lot of naked skin *looks at cash shop costumes*, the actual adult content is +- nothing in this game. There is neither the display of realistic blood nor the excessive amount of "violence"executed on a certain spot of an enemy. So while the "throwing around and beating on the ground" is indeed very violent and posing mortal thread in RL, if you compare it with other games, it's +- on the level of ToS. To compare a real adult action MMORPG with it, one has to look at Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus in NA/EU). This game not only features heavy useage of blood (very realistic amounts, also featuring better rag doll physics for dieing enemies [also better death cries]) but also makes you feel like you really slashed through the enemy. Since a more recent patch, enemies in the new lvl 80+ regions can also be dismembered [meaning you can cut them into pieces], making especially bladed weapons feel more realistic than ever. MH also features special grab skills that show very effective and battle proven techniques to kill your enemies (e.g. smashing their heads into a wall or breaking their vertebrae on your knee), and you can even cripple boss monsters in battle by "break off", a system that allows you to cut/break off a certain part of the monster and get it as a drop, requires good reflexes and is especially hard to achieve on certain bosses

So long things short, ToS kids game = B&S kids game, if you have any objections, go play Mabinogi Heroes and compare those two, and come back with a solid base to argue, not only based on graphics alone...

1. Its up to you, if you want to make cute girl, woman super model or pure evil *cricket*. You could make looking weak small destroyer or a titan high FM. 

I dont get it, since when having an customization options better than in TES online is a bad thing. 

In this upcoming game, the only option you will have is hairstyle change, like really? In ancient mmorpgs like TIBIA or WINDSLAYER people had more options to change their characters appearance. 

2+3. I just watched few reviews for this game. Where is all that blood you are talking about??? Realistic at what point? Battle proven grabbing head or smashing somebody on the knee waaat? 

If you want some "realistic" sword cutting and fights, check out "chivalry", because the game you mentioned didnt even stand close to real life fights. 

I choose BnS combat style anyway, do you know why? At least it has a lot of options in skillset, making combos in many different ways and overall action is faster than in vindicus. 

Be it nailing your enemies into the ground or chaining them to a wall/together, climbing them to shoot directly into their brain or just throwing blinding grenades to immobilize them for a few seconds, that game features a very realistic and adult approach to combat, and sorry to tell you, B&S is on a kids level compared to this, because obviously in a real battle you'd want to dismember/cripple your enemy, ensuring your win/survival that way. Just beating the enemy as if you have a baseball bat in hand is stupid, unrealistic and just to keep the  age restriction low (although children can't even get an internet provider contract on their own to play the game...)

Kids level of game play in the game with e-sports huge scene, sure. Vindictus does not have it at all, because pvp in that game is inferior comparing to the BnS. 

I will just leave this here 

Vindictus pvp 

BnS PVP 

3 hours ago, Brand X said:

A MMO with no character customization!  Pffft :p

A MMO with 80 classes that you need to have a brain to make them work together. While B&S is just right click. right click, tab and more right click. :p

14 minutes ago, Lotte said:

A MMO with 80 classes that you need to have a brain to make them work together. While B&S is just right click. right click, tab and more right click. :p

A MMO with low graphics, something often bitched about when it comes to games, but some how those who complain often about such things, then go running to the new low graphic game :p

No customization.  People keep saying "It's 2016!  How can a MMO not have..."  Well, it's 2016, how can this brand new MMO not have customization :p

Now, mind you, when I say this, I'm not one of those players, but I most of those who say such things here, often go to the new games regardless.

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

A MMO with low graphics, something often bitched about when it comes to games, but some how those who complain often about such things, then go running to the new low graphic game :p

No customization.  People keep saying "It's 2016!  How can a MMO not have..."  Well, it's 2016, how can this brand new MMO not have customization :p

Now, mind you, when I say this, I'm not one of those players, but I most of those who say such things here, often go to the new games regardless.

I don't *cricket* about graphics. ;)

*no customization* while B&S has no optimization. kek

What a bunch of cynics we have around here.  Do you not see the obvious genius behind releasing a major content patch 2 days before the Easter long weekend??

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand how little prep/warning they gave us, but I can't ignore how well timed the patch is dropped.  It would be like dropping a major expansion 3 days before Christmas.  (I'm onto you NCWest....)

I'm not sure about you, but I'm quite certain the servers are going to be packed from Wednesday to Monday.

I like how everyone always assumes that NCSoft patches their games because some other game is gonna steal all their playerbase. 

While it is true some people do tend to play new games to try them out, it doesn't mean NCSoft patches their game because of it. What if I said Easter holidays is coming?

24 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

I like how everyone always assumes that NCSoft patches their games because some other game is gonna steal all their playerbase. 

While it is true some people do tend to play new games to try them out, it doesn't mean NCSoft patches their game because of it. What if I said Easter holidays is coming?

I'd say I beat you to it.  :p

I know right?  I'll add to the depth of "unreasonable people".

Comparing Tree of Savior to BNS.  Sorry guys, two diff genres. ToS may label itself an MMORPG, but it hardly differs from Diablo.

So, that comparison can be made in that genre.  I'll hand a clear winner to Diablo III and Path of Exiles over Tree of Savior.

Not sure whats the hype about TOS, no matter how good story is or anything the game just looks like a cartoon,almost like playing ps1 games graphics. Sorry but the reason i have good PC is to enjoy good graphics in upcoming games. If i want to play games like TOS then il just download some on my mobile phone.

Sure it's not all about graphics but playing 2d games these days?... ugh  If you enjoy those kinds of game then im happy for you.

16 minutes ago, Eladriel said:

Not sure whats the hype about TOS, no matter how good story is or anything the game just looks like a cartoon,almost like playing ps1 games graphics. Sorry but the reason i have good PC is to enjoy good graphics in upcoming games. If i want to play games like TOS then il just download some on my mobile phone.

Sure it's not all about graphics but playing 2d games these days?... ugh  If you enjoy those kinds of game then im happy for you.

Gameplay. 

Lol i cant believe i even read this. Tos is more for ragnarok diablo type of game while b&s is a 3rd person hack and slash type of game. There is night and day difference. Its lik comparing a ferrari to a horse and carriage. Although gameplay is important you have to remember not evryone enjoys a top down isometric thingy. Plus there just too many of them including mu online which just fails to die already

Personally, I believe the reason they choose this date is:

1)    There has been 3 weeks between each major update. It´s almost 3 weeks since the Warlock update.

2)    Huge player requests for lvl 50 balance, pushing out lvl 50 content meets those players requests.

3)    It´s Easter, where most people in school and with fulltime jobs have holiday.

Those are just my beliefs.

All of you are completely wrong. The reason why content is being released this fast is because NA/EU will be partaking in the 2016 BnS Worlds Tournament. So they want every who could be possibly in the tournament, at lvl 50 HM10+ to get ready for it.

Archived