Finding the materials is made hard?

Lunakitty

I recently noticed that sometimes it's really hard to find materials needed for gathering and crafting. With this I mean for example those The Tree Feller items you need to find in maps.

The description for White Cedar Sap

nXFLEqI.jpg

Yet again the spot to find it is here

b22bDoA.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem South from Lilystalk Tradepost unless the map isn't in normal "North is up and South is down" -type. Could they add these markings on the map so it would be clearer where South is in the map?

they want you to search for it, if anything i found that one by accident. They don't exactly tell you where they are at, they guide you to it. everything doesn't have to be handed in the palm of your hand. If you still can't find it then just look it up

23 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I don't mind if they are hard to find or you need some windwalking skill to get to it. But that is completely having wrong hint.

basically you were directly under it :)

You need to get on that arch shaped tree and the sample is there ;)

4 hours ago, Bartas said:

basically you were directly under it :)

You need to get on that arch shaped tree and the sample is there ;)

This. That sap is a tad more cryptic than some other materials. Others are well hidden but are in more, say, standard locations, while this sap requires a less... traditional approach by having you climb the arch shaped tree. That's not a problem with the tip itself because it's actually fairly accurate in this case.

9 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

That's not a problem with the tip itself because it's actually fairly accurate in this case.

Except that as the poster just demonstrated, it isn't. The "south of the Lilystalk Tradepost" bit is completely wrong, and is what threw me off completely.

The south part was misleading indeed but otherwise it has fairly good description and I had the least trouble finding it when I remembered where the fallen tree above bridge was. If people get stuck with the "it has to be in south direction" they won't find it as in the picture it is west from Lilystalk Tradepost.

Archived