Killtrades a sort of Exploit ?!

Latarius

9 minutes ago, Risen Slacker said:

Your still on this?  Your asking a question that involves human and social morals. The subject of many college courses and much more there is no clear answer only personal preferences. Ask NCSOFT if you want a concrete answer and let this thread die.

Topic Question is about classifying an action as A) Exploit or B) Not an Exploit.

It has nothing to do with morality of humanity. Which is excactly what I just wrote in previous post.

If someone was to ask if glitching a dungeon door was an exploit or not - would you still continue to answer in the same fashion - "that is question about human morality!"

No, whether or not you personally can find good use for doing so, and justify it by saying it carries no impact on others, it´s still falls into the same category.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By all means it's not the most likeable solution by it's not an exploit. You can say the same with Faction Dailies and soloing dungeons.

Faction dailies was obviously designed for combat PVP, people just found an easier way to do it. Players are not following the "suggested" method, but that doesn't mean that that solution is the only way to go about it.

Same with dungeons. Designers/creators probably spent hundreds if not thousands of hours designing them so parties can experience the dungeon and the bosses along with their abilities as the "suggested" method. To that end, is it an exploit that assassin knowingly and does so skip most if not all the trash mobs and negates/skips most if not all the bosses abilities? Answer is no. They just found another way of doing it. It wasn't the way the designers made it so a class can just skip it but it is not an exploit.

I'll go even further with quests. An example is the Shadowstrike daily to protect Dahua. Players intentionally let him die so they can repeat the dungeon for a chance on the costumes. Is this the intended way of getting said costumes? No. But it is not an exploit.

Finding another way of doing things that doesn't break the game is completely fine. It is simply something you don't approve of because somehow it hurts your imaginary ego, that also does not hurt you or any other players in any way at all. 

You are reaching with the meaning of exploit. At most it is frowned upon.

I laugh at people asking for bans for kill-trading. Soo, if I go AFK with my faction outfit on in X location and someone decides to kill & resurrect me 10 times I should get banned? :3

Honestly, it's sad how western people can always think of exploiting in everything. I wouldn't mind giving 10 or 20 kills to a friend who's in the opposing faction just to help them with a quest. Just like I wouldn't mind helping them with any other quest. By these people's logic I'd probably be blamed for exploiting if I helped a lvl 10 player quest with my lvl 50 character. I mean, those quests weren't designed to be steamrolled with a lvl 50 character... Right? So it's gotta be an exploit. I rest my case.

People have been doing this since Day 1.

GM's have not done anything about it = Not exploit.

People SS'd through Ogong doors and got banned, Which was discovered much much later into the game.

GM's banned people who did it = Exploit.

Glad I could clear this up for anyone who thinks dying to someone for free or money is a exploit. 

On 23.3.2016 at 9:49 AM, Victorion said:

Topic Question is about classifying an action as A) Exploit or B) Not an Exploit.

It has nothing to do with morality of humanity. Which is excactly what I just wrote in previous post.

If someone was to ask if glitching a dungeon door was an exploit or not - would you still continue to answer in the same fashion - "that is question about human morality!"

Actually it is a question of human moral. Once you classify everything that goes against the intention of the game developers as an exploit, things like skipping quest XYZ because of time constraints, skipping trash mobbs as an assassin (or any other class), walking through portals to save yourself from a monster or ani cancelling are exploits.

As someone already mentioned, everyone does stuff, that MAY be considered exploits by some. That's also the reason why following the definition of an exploit won't lead you anywhere, because it's only of academic interest. It's up to the publisher to decide up to which point a differentiating approach is considered "legal" and from which point onwards it isn't. That's the point where morals and common interests start playing a role. Only approaches that hinder or even disturb a majority of players or grant its user a significant advantage are considered a banable exploit.

So, yes, skipping the Oogong door is a banable exploit, just because it is a) an exploit (which alone isn't enough to make it banable)  and b) it damages the ingame economy (indirectly damaging everyone) and increases the users wealth significantly through that method.

Doing killtrades is no banable exploit, because it a) may be considered exploit and b) it doesn't damage anyone, except a minority of "OW PvP-lovers", which the game doesn't cater to (they balance and cater to arena-players). The tiny monetary advantage of 50 silver or such is marginal.

TL:dr: The definition alone won't lead anyone anywhere, because the publisher can not punish every different approach by players. Something being an exploit doesn't correlate to it being banable. The publisher decides what's a banable exploit and what's not.

16 hours ago, 896622_1452550622 said:

Actually it is a question of human moral. Once you classify everything that goes against the intention of the game developers as an exploit, things like skipping quest XYZ because of time constraints, skipping trash mobbs as an assassin (or any other class), walking through portals to save yourself from a monster or ani cancelling are exploits.

As someone already mentioned, everyone does stuff, that MAY be considered exploits by some. That's also the reason why following the definition of an exploit won't lead you anywhere, because it's only of academic interest. It's up to the publisher to decide up to which point a differentiating approach is considered "legal" and from which point onwards it isn't. That's the point where morals and common interests start playing a role. Only approaches that hinder or even disturb a majority of players or grant its user a significant advantage are considered a banable exploit.

So, yes, skipping the Oogong door is a banable exploit, just because it is a) an exploit (which alone isn't enough to make it banable)  and b) it damages the ingame economy (indirectly damaging everyone) and increases the users wealth significantly through that method.

Doing killtrades is no banable exploit, because it a) may be considered exploit and b) it doesn't damage anyone, except a minority of "OW PvP-lovers", which the game doesn't cater to (they balance and cater to arena-players). The tiny monetary advantage of 50 silver or such is marginal.

TL:dr: The definition alone won't lead anyone anywhere, because the publisher can not punish every different approach by players. Something being an exploit doesn't correlate to it being banable. The publisher decides what's a banable exploit and what's not.

I kind of agree with everything. I 2 soulstones wont be considering disrupting for the game either.

But I feel we also agree that this is clearly an exploit.

(ToS states exploiting to be bannable - regardless of the impacts)

19 hours ago, 896622_1452550622 said:

Yes you´re right, however this topic isn´t about whether its bannable or not. It´s about whether it´s an exploit or not.

You people need to understand what an exploit is. It's abusing a feature that should not be available otherwise. Ex: Dupping, master loot bugs, etc.

The mechanics are there. You're even able to revive people of the opposite faction which is ridiculous. So it doesn't qualify it as an exploit. Broken feature, yes. You could probably call it cheating a little bit but that's all.

Also to the Ogong comment above, yes that was actually an exploit since you can't normally go trough doors.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived