Day 294: still no party kick.

ImperialRose

The game actually does have a kick function somewhere. Believe it or not, I've used it before. Figuring how to activate it, though-- that's a mystery. It eventually showed up after 6 people stood around arguing for several minutes. I don't know of anyone who knows how to activate it, but it does seem to exist somewhere, under just the right conditions...

1 hour ago, HUnewearl said:

The game actually does have a kick function somewhere. Believe it or not, I've used it before. Figuring how to activate it, though-- that's a mystery. It eventually showed up after 6 people stood around arguing for several minutes. I don't know of anyone who knows how to activate it, but it does seem to exist somewhere, under just the right conditions...

The kick option only works for pre-formed parties, it's in the party menu along with everything else.

If you're in a cross-server party you're basically stuck with whoever you ended up in there with (yes, this was a huge oversight and how it hasn't been treated as a top priority is well beyond me).

23 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

The kick option only works for pre-formed parties, it's in the party menu along with everything else.

If you're in a cross-server party you're basically stuck with whoever you ended up in there with (yes, this was a huge oversight and how it hasn't been treated as a top priority is well beyond me).

There is a "Vote to kick" option in cross-server parties (kicks the player if everyone selects it) but it only works on offline people.

3 minutes ago, Chicken said:

Corrupt a wish:
Day 295, party kick available in cross server que, party leader kicks everyone out of dungeon when a Dragoncall scroll drops.  

People are usually asking for vote kick, not leader-kick in xserver.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

People are usually asking for vote kick, not leader-kick in xserver.

That only means the a-hole will need to share half of the profit with a partner. 2 Yes vs 1 No in a 4 man, then kick one more time on the other guy.

9 minutes ago, Chicken said:

That only means the a-hole will need to share half of the profit with a partner. 2 Yes vs 1 No in a 4 man, then kick one more time on the other guy.

Normally a kick is setup so that you can't kick while looting or in battle. There is a cooldown to the kick means a single person can never kick everyone else, other party members need to vote for the kick, the one that initiate it does not count for the vote, so for 4-man, 1 initiate 2 have to agree to it. Some setup I have seen are kick can only be initiated after a certain duration of time after combat ends, Tera has it at 120s I think, in FFXIV you can only kick after 15m has pass since the dungeon begins. Plenty of check can be put in place to prevent abuse.

Seriously I have played other MMO with kick option, the amount of abuse I see, practically NIL, it probably does happen but not as bad or often as people make it to be.

I would rather deal with kick option then lazy bugger who afk through the whole dungeon, getting carried and bidding on stuff. This is so rampant that you practically see it so much you get tired of it, why because they are not being punished for it.

5 hours ago, ImperialRose said:

Does K-BnS have kick? just curious.

just leave the group and search for a new one if a berser.. erm i mean... "bot" is in your group.

you can also reduce the chance to get bots by a lot if you disable double classes in your group.

2 minutes ago, Arohk said:

just leave the group and search for a new one if a berser.. erm i mean... "bot" is in your group.

you can also reduce the chance to get bots by a lot if you disable double classes in your group.

yeah and wait a group for ages

well...when i was playing GW2, i hardly see any AFKers, even dungeons...everybody will try to dps the best they could so not to miss out on the loots...i also hardly see any AFKers when poharan is out in 24men...everyone dps hard to get that brilliant chest or at least a chest...i dont know anything about programming...what I do know is whether you wanted to or not...i told myself to give them 3 months since I only purchased the 3 months premium member...as a working class customer, time/money is equally important to me...if I dont see any changes, I'll just walk...nuff said...P.S. the bots are just down right ridiculous...i have to say, being playing on9 games for 12yrs since 24 yrs old, i have the impression that those bots are actually legally approved in game by NCsoft...i am just speechless

3 minutes ago, lNerol said:

This can be so easily abused tho...

I can just imagine 3 premades in a 4 man run, kicking the other one because a rare item has dropped and they dont want to give him any credits.

Just go on FFXIV , they got great kick option, you cant kick during loot /battle . that's all =)

2 hours ago, 900040_1452550654 said:

They say they don't want to add it because of potential abusers.

Thing is, it is already being abused by bots and AFK people so why not change it to combat the botters at the least?!

Yeah this. They've given really bad reasons for many features like kick function.

Worst reason ever to say because then someone might get kicked out of group because player has bad gear or something. Suprsingly Wow had this feature for years and it works there ofc theres situation where players get kicked out of group without any good reason but thats like 1/1000 kicks and now Ncsoft wants to create perfect solution for everything when theres no perfect solution

10 minutes ago, VirtueXOA said:

Just go on FFXIV , they got great kick option, you cant kick during loot /battle . that's all =)

just kick the player before the final boss, happened to me in the WoW in the dungeon finder several times by guild groups and i even was the tank.

3 hours ago, Chicken said:

with 2* people in 4-man and with 4 people in 6-man. Vote kicks should only count if everyone agrees. Though I don't know how to deal with 2 bots then.

OR, they could just invent a function that lets a group of people to accept to stay in party and go into next dungeon together when invited, so you know, when you start the dungeon and notice 1 bot, you could just 5 queue repeatedly until the 6th isn't a bot...

simple solution with no abuse potential... that i can think of anyways

Archived