Diamond class distribution after first season.(EU)

Suna

This is last day of this season if I m right. I wanted compare little bit classes what is the most popular in the arena with diamond + rankings. There is result if anybody else interested. Numbers may change bit during this day, but anyway.

Overall = 439 , 100.00%

Summoner = 134 , 30.52%

KFM = 67 , 15.26%

Destroyer = 58 , 13.21%

SIN = 58 , 13.21%

LBM = 54 , 12.30%

FM = 38 , 8.66%

BM = 29 , 6.61%

WL = 1 , 0.23%

1 hour ago, 900834_1452550662 said:

Well, the 3 bot classes in top, who woulda thought :P

BDs are almost at bottom :P guess they are just meh

I've seen a BD bot aswell in the short time that I was at low rating and it was on my Assassin where the ranged Sunder was far tougher to dodge than anything any other bot threw at me.

BDs are also flat in the middle with only slightly less representation than Destro/Sin while being objectively easier to play and thus second to Summoners when it comes to representation in platinum. They're not "meh" whatsoever.

I think BDs are "less" represented in diamond because most people rerolling to FOTM simply rerolled to a Summoner for this season rather than a BD. I could've achieved the exact same thing on a BD as I did on Summoner (reach diamond at HM1 with less than a week experience). Playing an easier and stronger version of the same thing (BM) just didn't interest me as much.

3 minutes ago, Nestereborn said:

There are still 26 BMs in the rank of diamond?

Did NCsoft notice that fair balance work of the NA/ EU patch?

Nerf it to 0 plz ,its ur job dev team.

Devs aren't even balancing this version. We're getting the same balance changes as everyone else, even though our version has different abilities available.

yeah i know it.

They just copy and paste the patch updates from korean to na/eu and propose the same effects ridiculous.

I wondering they even did nothing about balance test just post "dear players ,play it or fuc off ".

Ncsoft Na best dev of the world.

2 hours ago, Nestereborn said:

yeah i know it.

They just copy and paste the patch updates from korean to na/eu and propose the same effects ridiculous.

I wondering they even did nothing about balance test just post "dear players ,play it or fuc off ".

Ncsoft Na best dev of the world.

Well, it's a little more complicated than that. The game has had a number of pretty major revisions over the years. NCSoft could have done it a few ways, but all of them have their weaknesses. They could release early versions of the game directly, then patch through. This would offer a number of abilities which are quite different from what we have now, and would leave everyone wondering why old problems weren't fixed beforehand. Alternatively, they could immediately offer the newest version of the game. This gives you balance out front, but with how grindy the game is, no-one would have access to the abilities or ability points to experience it. Not only that, you have the awful HM level grind tipping the scales massively -- HM5 vs. HM1 is already painful. Nothing resembling a mature meta would be experienced for ages. The option they went with was to offer a newer version of the game, but with certain content locked off. As we are missing levels and abilities, the balance isn't quite right. They've opted to do nothing and leave balance as is. The alternative would be to create a separate balance fork. That would be nice in the short term, but since they want all versions to be the same in the long term, it's likely to cause more trouble than it's worth.

That said, I will put it this way: NCSoft want this to be a worldwide e-Sport. They are going to have the balance the same across all regions. However, the game doesn't even play similarly in geographically larger regions to how it plays in Korea. I believe it is most likely that the e-Sport aspect will fail to catch on in the West, but we will also never see a workable balance point for our region because the game cannot handle the ping difference.

6 hours ago, Michieltjuhh said:

I've seen a BD bot aswell in the short time that I was at low rating and it was on my Assassin where the ranged Sunder was far tougher to dodge than anything any other bot threw at me.

BDs are also flat in the middle with only slightly less representation than Destro/Sin while being objectively easier to play and thus second to Summoners when it comes to representation in platinum. They're not "meh" whatsoever.

I think BDs are "less" represented in diamond because most people rerolling to FOTM simply rerolled to a Summoner for this season rather than a BD. I could've achieved the exact same thing on a BD as I did on Summoner (reach diamond at HM1 with less than a week experience). Playing an easier and stronger version of the same thing (BM) just didn't interest me as much.

That's not how opinions work.  You can counter almost everything BD can do by timing your abilities.  Stop trying to spam attacks when you know he's gonna spin.  GG.

22 hours ago, Suna said:

This is last day of this season if I m right. I wanted compare little bit classes what is the most popular in the arena with diamond + rankings. There is result if anybody else interested. Numbers may change bit during this day, but anyway.

Overall = 439 , 100.00%

Summoner = 134 , 30.52%

KFM = 67 , 15.26%

Destroyer = 58 , 13.21%

SIN = 58 , 13.21%

LBM = 54 , 12.30%

FM = 38 , 8.66%

BM = 29 , 6.61%

WL = 1 , 0.23%

Omg, 58 Destroyer in top only ?

Awww I thought spintowin should be on top, Ohhh wait it's not even that op and people still will cry about it even after seeing this forum 

3 hours ago, HUnewearl said:

Well, it's a little more complicated than that. The game has had a number of pretty major revisions over the years. NCSoft could have done it a few ways, but all of them have their weaknesses. They could release early versions of the game directly, then patch through. This would offer a number of abilities which are quite different from what we have now, and would leave everyone wondering why old problems weren't fixed beforehand. Alternatively, they could immediately offer the newest version of the game. This gives you balance out front, but with how grindy the game is, no-one would have access to the abilities or ability points to experience it. Not only that, you have the awful HM level grind tipping the scales massively -- HM5 vs. HM1 is already painful. Nothing resembling a mature meta would be experienced for ages. The option they went with was to offer a newer version of the game, but with certain content locked off. As we are missing levels and abilities, the balance isn't quite right. They've opted to do nothing and leave balance as is. The alternative would be to create a separate balance fork. That would be nice in the short term, but since they want all versions to be the same in the long term, it's likely to cause more trouble than it's worth.

That said, I will put it this way: NCSoft want this to be a worldwide e-Sport. They are going to have the balance the same across all regions. However, the game doesn't even play similarly in geographically larger regions to how it plays in Korea. I believe it is most likely that the e-Sport aspect will fail to catch on in the West, but we will also never see a workable balance point for our region because the game cannot handle the ping difference.

I got ur point that Nc wanna make the games of all regions to be the same step and gameplay with the builds of classes .

But acctully according to the situation of unbalance gameplay in the west region,devs can just adjust the numbers of status of different classes in the arena to balance it ,just like a summoner got like 30k hp and a destoryer with 50k atm,they can aslo make the weaker class got more hp ,defense or something else ,but they did not.

I don't think it will be a hard work for the devs ,at least they got month even years before west realesed.

But they did not at all.

3 hours ago, Gratus said:

Currently there are only Summoners, Destroyers and BDs in EU rankings, op classes confirmed?!?!?

Wtf ? Destroyer only ? e.e

Can't you see the 2 blade master and like 2 foremaster and 3 kung fu master ?

Dont know where the whining from BMs come from. Now on reset you can face the really good ones, and you have 0 chance.

Block pretty much everything, block counters you to hell, and if you get knocked down, you wont get up until your dead.

I thought destroyer knockdown was bad but jebus :P And they can do it multiple times so your immunities are on cooldown from the previous ones.

Those stats are irrelevant to how much a class is better towards others as its hightly affected by the amount or class distribution in the game. if there is in general 30% more summoners then other class it is normal to have more summoners in the diamons then warlock. 

having warlock at the bottom literally prove the point. warlock are currently a strong class in pvp however only 1 is showned and if blantly obvious that it is because it lack the player base.

Archived