Account Hacked: Should You Risk Spending Money on NCSoft?

Snarkysaurus

10 hours ago, Alphashado said:

I'm not comparing raping and mugging to to account hacking. Don't be so dramatic or ridiculous. Give me a break. I'm suggesting that you blaming hacked victims for being hacked because they didn't change their password is no different than blaming a mugging victim because they weren't carrying pepper spray.

And yes you are supporting criminals. You have ranted and raved on and on about how it's the Victim's fault they were hacked, yet have only mentioned a few times in passing how the malicious account hackers are to blame. The closest thing to accountability you have leveraged in their direction is that they somehow "share the blame" with the victims.

Do you argue with the sheer amount of Bots and Gold Sellers infesting this game? Do you pretend they don't exist? Do you pretend that NCsoft really cares about their existance? The game is INFESTED with criminals and NCsoft isn't doing shit about it.

It's disgusting that you defend bots and gold sellers, and it's even more disgusting that you actually blame their victims. And perhaps the most disgusting thing of all is how you pretend like NCsoft shares none of the liability. They are FULLY AWARE how many criminals INFEST their game and they are doing NOTHING about it.

The only thing the "report spam" or "report bot" feature does is to temporarily block those players from chat and perhaps get their account banned. Maybe it also offers a false sense of security amongst the player base. But the FACT IS that there is a reason these names are jjhgbbebbr, because they are PLANNING on getting banned and it's nothing for them to simply hack another account and create more bots. It's a joke. Anyone with a brain knows it's a joke. Banning Bot accounts is about as effective as using a fly swatter on a bee hive.

And again you're comparing raping to account theft.. :DD

Let me ask you this then:

Wildstart (Ncsoft) accounts were compromised  year ago and 738k accounts were stolen. So player who got lost his account information had over year to change their account password so why not change it? Whos fault is that? No one elses than player who did not change it. Blame urself ofc blame is on hackers who hacked servers but you cant expect bank to hire armed army to guard their doors just because 10 guys might storm in with weapons and steal money. Ncsoft has security in place and like any other company it can be hacked but regarding BnS its not been hacked for few reason which you simply cannot understand

#1: We have very few accounts stolen

#2: No hacker would bother with 10-100 accounts if they hacked Ncsoft servers then they would steal thousands or hundreds of thousands

Now try to understand those things.

Also i've never supported hacking but you guys who get your accounts willingly compromised and beg to get accounts hacked are blame to it too whatever you want to or not. Who idiot would willingly want to compromise their accounts? No one but still you guys do it. All these hacked cases are either from old wildstar hacking incident which leads to this: If player did not change their own password after that then well blame yourself. Next thing if you get keylogger to your computer or use 3rd party websites with same logging information which is clearly "hi steal my account" players own fault too being stupid.  So stop blaming Ncsoft about this because its 99% certain that either its old screw up that has nothing to do with BnS team or players themselves screwed things up.

And you have to realise its each players job to keep their own computer secure and your own emails, passwords and so on. Ncsoft cant do that for you and because im 100000000% sure that Ncsoft servers are not hacked this time only ones who deservers the blame is guy who steals accounts and player who allows them to do it.

I've been ONCE hacked and that was back in TBC WoW and after that i learned my lesson. It was my own fault getting keylogger on my computer but after that 0 accounts hacked because i learned my lesson so now go learn your lesson

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hatsunya

My questions is, NCSoft in its own history have record of such things (poor security measurements)

Tell me, please, tell me what gives Your right to judge hacked and robbed people on such matter and telling 'It happened once, FOR SURE, 1000000000000% sure ITS NOT IT THIS TIME, NOW ITS ALL GOOD, TRUST ME, KKTHX'.

How can You be so ignorant to people and defending game owners seeing they apperently dont give a single f*ck about players feedback, players requests, bots and tons of other things?

How You can throw the numbers of hacked accounts? You dont have bloody idea how many of them was reported and how many of them was hacked. Since NCSoft posted info thread, its sure a quite big number, and probably way over 100.

Your arguments suck, Your entire post reply suck so hard, You are trying to defend something You really like with damn stupid accusations.

You are so narrow-minded, You can't even imagine (really, You can't)

Please, enlighten me, because I simply don't understand.

2 minutes ago, Eska said:

@Hatsunya

My questions is, NCSoft in its own history have record of such things (poor security measurements)

Tell me, please, tell me what gives Your right to judge hacked and robbed people on such matter and telling 'It happened once, FOR SURE, 1000000000000% sure ITS NOT IT THIS TIME, NOW ITS ALL GOOD, TRUST ME, KKTHX'.

How can You be so ignorant to people and defending game owners seeing they apperently dont give a single f*ck about players feedback, players requests, bots and tons of other things?

Please, enlighten me, because I simply don't understand.

Im not trusting Ncsoft anymore than i trust any game company just because it can happen everywhere no matter what company it is. I treat all game companies as same i dont trust them and i do my own things to protect myself because of that.

Im only stating the fact. IF Ncsoft was hacked it would mean theres thousands / hundreds of thousands accounts lost instead of few which is case now. That alone just proofs that either those players lost their information back when wildstar was actually compromised or they just compromised their own account information by themselves.

No one would bother to steal couple accounts if they had chance of getting thousands of accounts. Why would someone walk into bank and try to steal 10 dollars when they could steal thousands or millions.

You say they dont care about bots and other things? Well ofc they care about it but when do you guys learn this theres not single game company that is capable of winning war against bots only thing they can do is reduce their numbers frequently with banwaves and so far theres been 3 banwaves since launch so yeah they're doing something.

Also when do you guys learn what we request or ask from them has almost no value. If we want something they have to send request to dev team in korea which means there it will be taken under advisement and if they like it then we might get it but otherwise we dont get it.

Thing here is:

-Players is responsible of their own computers security. If that is compromised in anyway its players own fault not game companys. Ncsoft cannot do these things for you.

-Wildstar had huge breach year ago which means there are accounts that were compromised and players either did not bother to change their passwords frequently and kept their old password which caused them to loose their BnS account

-One thing i've been thinking i would not be suprised if some random webside like bnstree or something else related to BnS which requires to log in was just set up for phising game accounts which again is players own fault using same information

Yes in all cases guy who steals account does the bad thing but are you guys seriously okay with leaving open doors and letting them to take it away then blame company for your own faults? Think about it. If i leave my car doors unlocked and car gets stolen its my own fault for not locking them up and insurance company wont reimburse it because i did not lock the doors atleast thats why it works in where i live.

• Moderators

Dear all, 

I would not want to delete these whole big posts, given the amount of time and efforts it took you to express your thoughts, but please do not attack one another and concentrate on the topic instead. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Hatsunya said:
1 hour ago, Hatsunya said:

Im not trusting Ncsoft anymore than i trust any game company just because it can happen everywhere no matter what company it is. I treat all game companies as same i dont trust them and i do my own things to protect myself because of that.

Im only stating the fact. IF Ncsoft was hacked it would mean theres thousands / hundreds of thousands accounts lost instead of few which is case now. That alone just proofs that either those players lost their information back when wildstar was actually compromised or they just compromised their own account information by themselves.

No one would bother to steal couple accounts if they had chance of getting thousands of accounts. Why would someone walk into bank and try to steal 10 dollars when they could steal thousands or millions.

You say they dont care about bots and other things? Well ofc they care about it but when do you guys learn this theres not single game company that is capable of winning war against bots only thing they can do is reduce their numbers frequently with banwaves and so far theres been 3 banwaves since launch so yeah they're doing something.

And again you're comparing raping to account theft.. :DD

Let me ask you this then:

Wildstart (Ncsoft) accounts were compromised  year ago and 738k accounts were stolen. So player who got lost his account information had over year to change their account password so why not change it? Whos fault is that? No one elses than player who did not change it. Blame urself ofc blame is on hackers who hacked servers but you cant expect bank to hire armed army to guard their doors just because 10 guys might storm in with weapons and steal money. Ncsoft has security in place and like any other company it can be hacked but regarding BnS its not been hacked for few reason which you simply cannot understand

#1: We have very few accounts stolen

#2: No hacker would bother with 10-100 accounts if they hacked Ncsoft servers then they would steal thousands or hundreds of thousands

Now try to understand those things.

Also i've never supported hacking but you guys who get your accounts willingly compromised and beg to get accounts hacked are blame to it too whatever you want to or not. Who idiot would willingly want to compromise their accounts? No one but still you guys do it. All these hacked cases are either from old wildstar hacking incident which leads to this: If player did not change their own password after that then well blame yourself. Next thing if you get keylogger to your computer or use 3rd party websites with same logging information which is clearly "hi steal my account" players own fault too being stupid.  So stop blaming Ncsoft about this because its 99% certain that either its old screw up that has nothing to do with BnS team or players themselves screwed things up.

And you have to realise its each players job to keep their own computer secure and your own emails, passwords and so on. Ncsoft cant do that for you and because im 100000000% sure that Ncsoft servers are not hacked this time only ones who deservers the blame is guy who steals accounts and player who allows them to do it.

I've been ONCE hacked and that was back in TBC WoW and after that i learned my lesson. It was my own fault getting keylogger on my computer but after that 0 accounts hacked because i learned my lesson so now go learn your lesson

I have already specifically mentioned one game that completely eradicated their bots and gold sellers. Nothing but a few stragglers left. Your suggestion tjat "ban waves" are the only thing they can do to fight bots just shows are uninformed you are. You seem to consider yourself an expert on account hacking and other things, yet you make yourself look very uninformed at every opportunity. Ban waves do nothing to fight bots. They are EXPECTING to get banned and they are prepaired for it. Banning a gold sellers account does nothing to them. Nothing what so ever. They just hack another account and chug along. There are MANY other things credible game companies do in order to combat bots including coding that recognizes them immedietely just by the type of chat patterns they use in their adds.

Allowing their game to be overrun with bots while making very few adjustments to eradicate them is no different than encouraging that type of criminal behavior. Your arguments are flawed.

Good day.

26 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

I have already specifically mentioned one game that completely eradicated their bots and gold sellers. Nothing but a few stragglers left. Your suggestion tjat "ban waves" are the only thing they can do to fight bots just shows are uninformed you are. You seem to consider yourself an expert on account hacking and other things, yet you make yourself look very uninformed at every opportunity. Ban waves do nothing to fight bots. They are EXPECTING to get banned and they are prepaired for it. Banning a gold sellers account does nothing to them. Nothing what so ever. They just hack another account and chug along. There are MANY other things credible game companies do in order to combat bots including coding that recognizes them immedietely just by the type of chat patterns they use in their adds.

Allowing their game to be overrun with bots while making very few adjustments to eradicate them is no different than encouraging that type of criminal behavior. Your arguments are flawed.

Good day.

I dont even know what to say to you anymore. I wish i could say things straight and without holding back but i cant so here it comes. Yeah and you live in dream world where you think they can just do 2 lines of code and Ncsoft can banish botters from game. Seriously why do ppl without any knowledge is allowed to speak.

You sir are freaking clueless and live in your own bubble without any knowledge of anything.

Let me ask you. Who is responsible of your computer? You're. So whos fault is that if you download keylogger or compromise your own accounts anyother way like using untrusty websites. Its all your mistakes accept them. Its not Ncsoft fault if player is stupid enough to do something stupid.

It would fall under Ncsofts fault if their servers were hacked and that way account informations were stolen. Then blame Ncsoft but even then if it happened they would publicly announce it and ask you to change your password.

Lets look what needs to be done to get acces your NCsoft accoung.

Ncsoft account and password

Email account and password

So let me ask you once again which is more likely?

A) Hacker hacked two diffrent types of servers to get acces your account?

B) Player downloaded keylogger to computer and lost information through that way?

About botting. It took me 1minute to find several bots/Exploits for ESO. Do you even know why some ppl mass bot? Because they can make profit with it and this happens every game. If theres no profit in game like ESO then there will be less botters. BnS is fresh game and theres lot of traffic going on so there is a lot botters too because they're making profits. I dont like repeating myself but this is fact THERES NO SUCH GAME COMPANY THAT CAN BEAT BOTTERS. That is a FACT which you cant deny .

12 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

. Do you even know why some ppl mass bot? Because they can make profit with it and this happens every game. If theres no profit in game like ESO then there will be less botters. BnS is fresh game and theres lot of traffic going on so there is a lot botters too because they're making profits.

Ding ding ding. Finally you say something that makes sense.

Like I said. This game and everything about it encourages Bots and Gold sellers. It's a field day for those types of criminals. Designing/making changes to your game that will make it difficult for Gold Sellers to profit is ONE OF THE OBVIOUS THINGS credible gaming companies do in order to PREVENT bots BESIDES ridiculous "ban waves" that do nothing.

Now that you have validated my points in an attempt to argue with me, I'll just move along.

Any further comments you make will just make you sound even more like a bot defender and an uninformed individual.

Good day and good riddance.

2 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

Ding ding ding. Finally you say something that makes sense.

Like I said. This game and everything about it encourages Bots and Gold sellers. It's a field day for those types of criminals. Designing/making changes to your game that will make it difficult for Gold Sellers to profit is ONE OF THE OBVIOUS THINGS credible gaming companies do in order to PREVENT bots BESIDES ridiculous "ban waves" that do nothing.

Now that you have validated my points in an attempt to argue with me, I'll just move along.

Any further comments you make will just make you sound even more like a bot defender and an uninformed individual.

Good day and good riddance.

Sry but gold sellers are not criminals they're not breaking any laws only thing they're breaking is game companys rules but that wont make them criminals.

Also your suggestion is to eliminate all trading between players and make gold pointless? What a shallow game that would be just like diablo oh wait diablo is infested by bots too so yeah they would still exists and game would be less fun so good idea let make legit players suffer more because of bots good idea.

You're still living in dream world

Everything i've said makes sense because its the truth which you obviously decided to ignore and believe in your own imaginary beliefs

Every game that has profit to made will have lots of bots and games that are not profitable still have bots but less. Thats how it goes which cannot be changed. Yeah sure if companies had unlimited resources they could win but with as things are now they cannot. WoW, Tera, Eso, BnS, Rift, Devilian, Diablo, GW, FFXIV and so on will have bots, cheaters, exploiters. Its something that your own false beliefs wont change.

If you still decided to live in your own bubble then live and stay ignorant. Thats your problem but then dont start arguing about stuff that you have no clue or understanding.

I am so tired of white knighting.

I am putting these here and nuff said:

I am not here to convince people to stop the white knighting..

I am 90% sure most of the white knights are either hypocrite who know that they are wrong but just think they might gain something (or actually were promised to gain something) off this or are biased where they think they are right and can never be wrong..

In both cases,only way for them to be convinced that the matter is really serious is by getting their own accounts hacked. (assuming that all of them are normal players and not disguised NCSoft staff members who would normally try to act they aren't through a sarcastic reply or absolute denial..No offense but I believe business is business and won't be surprised if that actually happened).

I am here to show others that what the white knights are actually trying to prove like "The matter is not that serious and its your problem.Must be from your end and NCSoft has nothing to do with it." doesn't make sense at all and is not but mere lies.Why?

Are those 4 links I sent up there not enough to convince you that the matter is serious enough or do you want to keep white knighting till you get hacked yourself?(up to you but when you get hacked yourself,we will tell you the same thing and white knight like you did so you can feel how it feels like ^^)

Do all those people that encountered the hack issues (which are many as mentioned in the Dev post) get the problem because of their own errors with NCsoft being completely innocent?

If that is ok with you then I will tell you that terrorists kill people because,they don't carry weapons and not trained well enough to defend themselves not because,the security in their countries failed to detect the terrorists before they caused trouble. (Same logic,deal with it)

Should people have an application firewall like the ones used in big banks so we can play B&S or something?

I got hacked recently as well and just got my account recovered yesterday..Also,I can't access my main forum account till now because of this.(using my alternate forum account).

I am also 100% free player so I don't use Paypal etc.

Lie more,white knights..Try to deceive us more but bear in mind that we are not naieve nor little kids that you can fool easily..Try harder. ^_-

• Moderators

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that personal attacks have no place on the forums. If you are unable to discuss this topic without resorting to insults this thread will be locked and disciplinary action will be taken where appropriate.

If you feel that another forum user is being abusive towards others, please report the relevant posts and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul

On 4/9/2016 at 9:34 AM, Taemek said:

Its ironic that every account hacked thread, the OP has only 1 post and this happens to always be their first post....

Roflmfao.

That's because,the hackers change the password once they steal players' accounts so players can't access their main forum account either and have to use a new account with a new forum profile to be able to post on forum again.

The real irony is that you couldn't figure the reason yet find it ironic that this happens.

1 hour ago, Ratatatouille said:

I am so tired of white knighting.

I am putting these here and nuff said:

I am not here to convince people to stop the white knighting..

I am 90% sure most of the white knights are either hypocrite who know that they are wrong but just think they might gain something (or actually were promised to gain something) off this or are biased where they think they are right and can never be wrong..

In both cases,only way for them to be convinced that the matter is really serious is by getting their own accounts hacked. (assuming that all of them are normal players and not disguised NCSoft staff members who would normally try to act they aren't through a sarcastic reply or absolute denial..No offense but I believe business is business and won't be surprised if that actually happened).

I am here to show others that what the white knights are actually trying to prove like "The matter is not that serious and its your problem.Must be from your end and NCSoft has nothing to do with it." doesn't make sense at all and is not but mere lies.Why?

Are those 4 links I sent up there not enough to convince you that the matter is serious enough or do you want to keep white knighting till you get hacked yourself?(up to you but when you get hacked yourself,we will tell you the same thing and white knight like you did so you can feel how it feels like ^^)

Do all those people that encountered the hack issues (which are many as mentioned in the Dev post) get the problem because of their own errors with NCsoft being completely innocent?

If that is ok with you then I will tell you that terrorists kill people because,they don't carry weapons and not trained well enough to defend themselves not because,the security in their countries failed to detect the terrorists before they caused trouble. (Same logic,deal with it)

Should people have an application firewall like the ones used in big banks so we can play B&S or something?

I got hacked recently as well and just got my account recovered yesterday..Also,I can't access my main forum account till now because of this.(using my alternate forum account).

I am also 100% free player so I don't use Paypal etc.

Lie more,white knights..Try to deceive us more but bear in mind that we are not naieve nor little kids that you can fool easily..Try harder. ^_-

Take the tin foil hate off and take a chill pill.

I hate to break it too you, but all those examples you showed us can be easily phished access which guess what, is the individuals fault, just like yourself.

People need to seriously start taking responsibility for their actions on the internet, its as simple as that.

If NCsoft have *leaked* credit information, then you have grounds to sue them. Go right ahead, knock yourself out.

One last thing, its not about being a white knight, its about understanding and getting to the bottom of the issue. Show us proof that NCsoft were indeed brute force hacked, which I doubt you know what it takes to actually pull this off. Let me help you understand one little thing here. If people brute force hacked NCsofts credit information servers, they wouldn't need to go in to peoples emails and change the passwords, steal peoples accounts or all peoples gear and ingame currency when they have direct access to your financial institution.......because they just won the lottery.

Some people.....just clueless.

I am curious, are the hackers using the website to buy NCCoin or in-game?

Also, the way they remove your authenticator is very easy. They click on remove authenticator.  It then asks them for the authenticator number.  They click on cancel or I don't have it or something, which then sends them back to similar screen telling them to enter an authorization code that was sent to your e-mail address.  Trouble is, they can simply change your e-mail address to theirs, get the code, remove  your authenticator, and log in to your account.  To prevent this, change your e-mail every 90 days.  That way they cannot change it to theirs, thus they can't get the code, and they can't touch your character.  Yes they can still charge whatever they want through the website, but the money isn't going anywhere, so you'll just have to call NCSoft and have them refund you the money due to fraud (key word here).  Don't try to do a charge back from your bank.  There's a good chance your account will then be banned unless you jump through hoops to recover it once again claiming "fraud".

This very thing just happened to me also.  I played the game and enjoyed it so I wanted to buy NCCoin.  I paid $52 in total.  The next day over $1000 in charges were attempted and triggered my fraud alert.  Now, I do nothing but online banking so if I had been keylogged I'm quite certain that all of my accounts would have been hit.  This is the first time in over 5 years, actually, that I have had any type of gaming account issue.  I used the in-game browser to purchase.  I'm with the OP on this - I think someone has found a clever way to listen to the servers.  On the flip side I have a friend who has bought NCcoin about 4 times with no issue to pay for a year subscription.

Now, I contacted DRI and they told me to contact NCSoft.  I did this.  They still have yet to reverse the charges but they did set me up with a nice new account devoid of the NCcoin I actually purchased. 

Just adding something that happened in the same manner as to possibly shed light on something that could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Destructus said:

This very thing just happened to me also.  I played the game and enjoyed it so I wanted to buy NCCoin.  I paid $52 in total.  The next day over $1000 in charges were attempted and triggered my fraud alert.  Now, I do nothing but online banking so if I had been keylogged I'm quite certain that all of my accounts would have been hit.  This is the first time in over 5 years, actually, that I have had any type of gaming account issue.  I used the in-game browser to purchase.  I'm with the OP on this - I think someone has found a clever way to listen to the servers.  On the flip side I have a friend who has bought NCcoin about 4 times with no issue to pay for a year subscription.

Now, I contacted DRI and they told me to contact NCSoft.  I did this.  They still have yet to reverse the charges but they did set me up with a nice new account devoid of the NCcoin I actually purchased. 

Just adding something that happened in the same manner as to possibly shed light on something that could be wrong.

Did you have your credit card information saved on the website?  I am curious as to how they are getting around the CVC code.

Fun topic to read.

For you 2 that were arguing earlier sure people are stupid and i agree that some need to have common sense but ncsoft needs some common sense to.

Currently they can hack your account, change your email, change/remove your pin and remove your authenticator with out even having to log into your email and that's a fact.

Ncsoft should have had the common sense to implement normal security measures that don't allow you to do that like every single other legit online games company i have ever heard of.

Personally from my experience reading the forums since launch i have seen the hacking evolve from simple hacks and stealing gold all the way to them charging people hundreds or thousands of dollars when its impossible to have all of the info to be able to do that so in my opinion its clear that something somewhere has been compromised.

Not only that but ncsofts horrid support and basic refusal to refund clearly stolen money is borderline criminal that will screw them over if they don't get serious.

Of course this is all assuming that they are a serious company that actually wants a good game and its not a cash grab. If it was a cash grab kinda thing they will never fix anything. Plus from their botting and hacking problems in their previous games from the looks of things they are at the very least in no rush to do what any company with common sense would do before they get sued.

The i was so hopeful for this game and willing to give ncsoft a second chance thinking maybe they will do it right this time unlike their previous ultra p2w games etc but all i have seen is one mess up after another.

I still have hope mind you but they are treading a fine line between lazy and a serious problem that will get worse if they don't fix things.

Of course everything is just speculation on my part from reading the forums to an insane degree since launch and for all i know the op was a troll trying to incite people against ncsoft which i have seen before in other games to the point where the op was proven to have hacked or cheated himself.

But that's just my thoughts.

It's not even borderline criminal, it -is- criminal. There are privacy laws being broken here in regards to keeping out personal info secure. Between this and the ineffective and illegally installed Gameguard, sooner or later someone, the wrong someone, is going to be annoyed at this, and take action. And just because NCSoft is a Korean company doesn't mean anything, either...they have a American branch.

After reading all this, I'm never putting my personal info into a NCSoft game. Thankfully I never have to, either. Thanks, Currency Exchange.

5 minutes ago, AmatsuDF said:

It's not even borderline criminal, it -is- criminal. There are privacy laws being broken here in regards to keeping out personal info secure. Between this and the ineffective and illegally installed Gameguard, sooner or later someone, the wrong someone, is going to be annoyed at this, and take action. And just because NCSoft is a Korean company doesn't mean anything, either...they have a American branch.

After reading all this, I'm never putting my personal info into a NCSoft game. Thankfully I never have to, either. Thanks, Currency Exchange.

One thing us Americans are well known for is suing people or company's with next to no case and winning :D

Anyone who does have a case is basically screwed lol

Having some degree of anything resembling accountability is important for a company here in this hemisphere. It'd be showing a great deal of respect if this Korean publisher behaved accordingly, since they publish games here in the American and European continents.

But the players should be made to behave within the confines of the game as well. Hacking is against your terms, I take it goldfarming and goldselling as well? Victim-blaming is a dirty trick from the days of the world-wars. Show some accountability for the problem existing in the first place. (being -MADE- to exist)

On the reverse side of things. I'd rather have the option to disable the ingame secondary pin since I live alone half of the time. But in retaliation, I simply end up not spending on these types of games. Especially if the pin numbers move around every click.

5 hours ago, Taemek said:

Take the tin foil hate off and take a chill pill.

I hate to break it too you, but all those examples you showed us can be easily phished access which guess what, is the individuals fault, just like yourself.

People need to seriously start taking responsibility for their actions on the internet, its as simple as that.

If NCsoft have *leaked* credit information, then you have grounds to sue them. Go right ahead, knock yourself out.

One last thing, its not about being a white knight, its about understanding and getting to the bottom of the issue. Show us proof that NCsoft were indeed brute force hacked, which I doubt you know what it takes to actually pull this off. Let me help you understand one little thing here. If people brute force hacked NCsofts credit information servers, they wouldn't need to go in to peoples emails and change the passwords, steal peoples accounts or all peoples gear and ingame currency when they have direct access to your financial institution.......because they just won the lottery.

Some people.....just clueless.

I am chill.Trust me if I wasn't even half chill,you would not be able to reply at first place.

Encourage NCsoft to let its security down more. :)

Keep white knighting till you eventually get hacked,hun but when you get hacked don't come back to these posts you used to white knight in crying..No one will know you. ^^

The people can see your lies..You are just making it worse as it shows you are more of a hypocrite. D:

Try harder. ^_-

As you see,my post was kinda general and wasn't directed at someone exactly so getting offended at my post feels like "HEY,STOP IT,I am a white

knight!" or "HEY,STOP IT,those white knights are my friends."

You do understand that those hackers can know alot of info,business deals or whatever personal info you have on email..You do know that getting your account hacked here vents off to your email?

You do know that this risks your IP address getting hacked as well (I will let you search for what hackers can do with an IP address yourself ^_-) and NCSoft is unintentionally/indirectly being their medium to do that?

Are you aware that some people's money and credit cards are at risk of being stolen when they play blade and soul now (speaking of paying players)?

As if these questions would convince a white knight to stop lying anyway..May be I am being abit more optimistic today but nah,I am sure 95% it won't stop them from lying.

Shame,I see some white knights are even starting to defend even bots recently..lmao

What if those white knights are the bots and hackers and trying to indirectly defend themselves and make it easier to hack others by indirectly giving NCSoft false feedback (that its not even partially their fault)?(Just guessing but you never know?)

Hint hint,NCSoft.

Well,you can call me a dark knight then?I hate hypocrites and liars. :v

The irony is that assuming I am a "dark" knight,I am trying to fight the wrong ideas and the lies "white" knights are trying to put in other people's minds using logic.

I am not trying to convince white knights of my words and I already explained why..However,I am trying to guide others who read their lies so they can see the logical point of view which shows how little sense their lies actually make. :)

I am actually going easy on the white knights on here..That is my first stage..It's not worth exerting anymore effort!

I am not even sure if those white knights are even "real" people. :v

Btw,hackers don't need to enter your email to change your password (when you change password from site here,it sends you notification in email but doesn't ask for a confirmation from email ^_-)...Imo,its vice versa where our accounts getting hacked is what led them to our mails hence venting them off there and letting the problem become even more serious.

Nice try on that one,it could deceive someone else but not me.Try harder,hun.*claps slowly* 

Oh I almost forgot to add,as far as I recall,I never got hacked till I played this game..I never tried any other NCSoft game but this one gives me quite the "impression"..I have been using the internet for more than 10 years now,played tons of MMORPGs and I even used to play a MMORPG which had many people from vietnam etc (and many good hackers) that one day,I saw a hacker hacking the GM on chat and blocking GM chat and guess what?I never got hacked in that game either..I didn't even get hacked in "Runescape".Do you remember "Runescape"? LOL

You tell me more about the individual faults,hun..

Behold the cool white knight lies,people. ^^

Don't expect anymore replies as long as you insist to lie/defend your lie because,it would be a waste of time for both of us.(logical?)

<3

I couldn't be more specific. NCsoft does very little to stop/hinder the rampant criminal activity in this game. Everyone on the planet (including NCsoft) is well aware that Bots/Gold sellers are corrupt, evil empires that will stop at nothing to maliciously hack into as many accounts as possible in order to fund their business. Where do you think they get the gold from that they sell? From Bots and hacked accounts. The gold exchange (which NCsoft uses to butter their bread) is also a goldmine for bots and gold sellers.

Yes, the consumer should be aware of the dangers in using a 3rd party website, but when they are advertised endlessly (spammed endlessly) in every single channel of the game, it's only natural that new gamers or unsuspecting young victims are tempted to use them. This is predator vs prey. The gold sellers are the predators, and they are also criminals. Not only do they hack into game accounts, but they will hack into every bank account you own if they manage to get a keylogger on your PC. This is predatory, CRIMINAL activity.

Some accountability on the gamer's part is of course only natural, but we are in a serious state of disarray when the victim is getting more blame than the the predator.

That is all of course assuming that these victims are only getting hacked due to 3rd party involvement. That doesn't seem to be the case here though. many, if not most of these people are saying they haven't used any 3rd party transactions, and I have no reason to call them liars.

So then we are left wondering how secure NCsoft transactions are.

At the very least, the minimal effort they are making to stop the Bot activity is enough to cause concern. Ban waves do nothing. Botters are expecting to get banned. It's just another day in the office to them. Many other MMOs have very minimal bot activity compared to BnS. And Aion now that I think about it. In fact I suspect that all NCsoft games are infiltrated with Bots that have a free ride with minimal mitigation.

so this is what it has come to? being labelled white knight because of thinking logical and actually knowing what is going on? let me put it into words u might even understand:

there is a difference of talking a lot of crap and knowing what ur talking about. if u dont know jack about botting, hacking, servers etc then in most cases its best to shut up and not try to act smart as if u know sth because u do not. as i stated in a previous post...all it does is make ppl that actually know this stuff pissed off because ur spreading bull.

if ncsoft servers were hacked u think it would only be the couple 10 threads here with "help my account got hacked?" and u even dare to tell these "white knights" that they r clueless? oh god this hurts to even type. educate urself and then read this forum again.

being labelled white knight for talking actual facts....wow.....modern gaming i guess.

Archived