what's the official words on deranking?

@Hime Please don't let this become like AFK Dredgion in Aion. This could legitimately become a problem. Since NCSoft is taking hard stances on things like Exploits/RMT/Botting now is a good time to take a stance on AFK'ing in Arena/Instances as well. I need this game to last long enough that I can get to 16k posts again ^^

2 minutes ago, Sync said:

If you sat in 20 minute queues during peak hours, you'd want to derank too...

Also, I'm not going to create another character just to climb and be in the same position again.

do you have a video of someone sitting in 20m queue during peak hours?

I'm diamond in 1v1 and 3v3 and I've yet to have a queue longer than 2 min, and 99% of queues pop within 1 min. 

7 minutes ago, Sync said:

If you'd like for me to stream it, I can when I get off work.

and please make a 20 minute video showing the queue thanks. I have almost 1k games played this season and I've never had such a long queue.

I don't think there's anything wrong with deranking in 1v1's. 

I play a BM, and my highest attained rank is 1850ish. That's on my best day, I'm an 1850 rated player.

By deranking to say, 1500, I can farm beans and build long win streaks in the process. The players and bots at this level are easy to beat, as I'm not playing at my peak MMR.

If i keep my rank where it is, farming beans is much harder, as I would have to play my heart out for maybe a couple wins.

Koreans do it all the time.

1 minute ago, Asurastrike said:

I have almost 1k games played this season and I've never had such a long queue.

Hate to be that guy but... quantity =/= quality. Starts happening in the 2.3k+ range. 3v3 is where it becomes a nightmare in particular.

2 minutes ago, Sync said:

Hate to be that guy but... quantity =/= quality. Starts happening in the 2.3k+ range. 3v3 is where it becomes a nightmare in particular.

so you are 2.3k in 3s? I've only seen like 10 diamond 3v3 players so far, and what's your name? because if you are, I must have seen you. 

Even IF you are the cream of the crop, how many 2.3k players do you think there are? I've been playing at 2.1k 3v3 in the past couple days and queues are usually INSTANT(under 10 seconds). I'm playing right now the queue literally took less than 2 seconds. Most derankers I see are only gold and plat. 

Shits getting real up in here.

I'd prefer a challenge rather than either getting a free loss (someone on my team is afk) or getting a free win. Hopefully they do something about it.

Also, anyone who is an elite player in any game faces long queues, that is impossible to fix. You're amongst an extremely small percentage of players. Developers cannot allow you to decide when you want to lose and when you want to bully players who are far less skilled than you.

It's the same issue League has with smurfing.

You don't get punished for smurfing. It's totally ok, rule wise, to go up against lesser competition if that's what you wanna do.

Nothing in the ToS says anything that says you can't derank on purpose to farm beans.

The difference is Riot profits off of players smurfing (multiple accounts mean they're more likely to buy heroes and skins with real money). There's no profit gained here by NCSoft for someone "smurfing" in this game

Just now, TheRealBronx said:

It's the same issue League has with smurfing.

You don't get punished for smurfing. It's totally ok, rule wise, to go up against lesser competition if that's what you wanna do.

Nothing in the ToS says anything that says you can't derank on purpose to farm beans.

nothing on tos also says you can't ss thru the doors to farm instances. 

in wow, the official term for purposely losing is "win trading" and is a bannable offense. I want to know NCsoft's stance about it.

Such ridiculous questions. You can't punish/ban someone just cause they choose to afk in arena. Sure it is frowned upon (by people like the OP), but it is part of the game. It's not an exploit, so of course it's not bannable. What they should really fix is the arena bot and hacker problem, not this minor "issue."

3 minutes ago, Teiji said:

Such ridiculous questions. You can't punish/ban someone just cause they choose to afk in arena. Sure it is frowned upon, but it is part of the game. It's not an exploit, so of course it's not bannable. What they should really fix is the arena bot and hacker problem, not this minor "issue."

You have to be kidding. You can ban someone because they choose to afk in arena. In any other game there's punishment for afking when it ruins it for others. It greatly hurts the competitive integrity of PvP.

2 minutes ago, Bejjano said:

You have to be kidding. You can ban someone because they choose to afk in arena. In any other game there's punishment for afking when it ruins the game for others. It greatly hurts the competitive integrity of the game. 

When they afk, they are already being punished with the lost (losing ratings) and low zen beans. Ruin the game for others? The person who fights afkers get a free win (points) and lots of beans. If they implement an afk ban in arena, there will be a riot. Let's say I just got matched, but damn I gotta go to the restroom to shit. I come out of the restroom and got ban? See how ridiculous that sound?

2 minutes ago, Teiji said:

When they afk, they are already being punished with the lost (losing ratings) and low zen beans. Ruin the game for others? The person who fights afkers get a free win (points) and lots of beans. If they implement an afk ban in arena, there will be a riot. Let's say I just got matched, but damn I gotta go to the restroom to shit. I come out of the restroom and got ban? See how ridiculous that sound?

A riot by who? People on the toilet posting from their iPhones? Let's be real, missing a match because of some outside circumstance happens. Life happens. The ban would only be in effect for someone who just decided to afk a whole metric shit ton of times. Afk in PvP instances/arenas cause problems in Aion, it won't be any different here.

1 minute ago, Teiji said:

That doesn't sound ridiculous at all. If you decide to take a shit AFTER you hit the queue button, something is wrong with you. If you've got a turtle's head then do your business THEN queue.

I'm starting to think this is the first competitive game you've played. Every other game that involves competitive play takes action against afkers. And I'm not just referring to the opposing team giving a free win. So many times I've had the afk guy on my team, resulting in a guaranteed loss for me. Competitive integrity, it's a thing.

18 minutes ago, Asurastrike said:

nothing on tos also says you can't ss thru the doors to farm instances. 

in wow, the official term for purposely losing is "win trading" and is a bannable offense. I want to know NCsoft's stance about it.

It plainly states in the ToS glitches are not to be used.  "Glitching" is the practice of players exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks that give them an unfair advantage in the game, over NPC's or other players, such as running through walls or defying the game's physics. Just in case you actually don't know what the term means. 

Afking in arena seems like a exploit unless the game is designed for you to afk in arena. From what i see, you afk to lower your score so you can farm more beans. So you actually need to understand that afking in the arena is not how the game was intended to work. Right? Game mechanics exploit. Taking advantage of the systems that make up the game play. A game mechanics exploit is not a bug. Being able to afk in game is not bannable but using it in a situation where it is not intended such as dungeon or arena should be.

8 minutes ago, Bejjano said:

That doesn't sound ridiculous at all. If you decide to take a shit AFTER you hit the queue button, something is wrong with you. If you've got a turtle's head then do your business THEN queue.

I'm starting to think this is the first competitive game you've played. Every other game that involves competitive play takes action against afkers. And I'm not just referring to the opposing team giving a free win. So many times I've had the afk guy on my team, resulting in a guaranteed loss for me. Competitive integrity, it's a thing.

I think you're applying to team-based games. If you are, then yes, repeated offense of AFK is punishable, but only if reported by teammates and not the opposing team. However, if your entire team mutually agrees to surrender and AFK to end the match quicker, it's not punishable.

What OP is referring to is if NCSoft should punish derankers, and the answer is obviously no. In 1v1, they have every right to decide if they want to AFK the match. In 3v3, they and their team members have every right to AFK the match.

7 minutes ago, Hong said:

I think you're applying to team-based games. If you are, then yes, repeated offense of AFK is punishable, but only if reported by teammates and not the opposing team. However, if your entire team mutually agrees to surrender and AFK to end the match quicker, it's not punishable.

What OP is referring to is if NCSoft should punish derankers, and the answer is obviously no. In 1v1, they have every right to decide if they want to AFK the match. In 3v3, they and their team members have every right to AFK the match.

I don't have a premade. I queue solo in tag match. The majority of my matches I have someone afk on my team. He does not have a right to force me to lose. 

The only reason anyone would defend and justify such action is because they do it themselves. It's disgusting the community I'm dealing with here.

Archived