Which soul shield do you prefer?

Marceosues

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First real good purple SS set is Bloodshade, so I went with that to replace blue version. Now I got full Labyrinth while keeping BSH one as an alternate set. I kind of miss BSH's higher crit rate, but Laby's HP and defenses boosts have been a godsend for the latest dungeons and the crit loss isn't THAT huge considering I'm still below 50% crit rate anyway. :P

I'll probably go mixed with Laby/Scorpio/Yeti at some point, so I have half of that set ready. Just need more practice to farm the areas where the remaining parts drop. :P

• 3 months later...

Twisted 3,5,7 and rest Asura for me. 
If you have a guild see if they can carry you through those cause like new shields come out so fast..The new dungeons that drop the twisted are easy and twisted 3 is from zaiwei ruins. 

What I was running before:
Bloodshade 3, 5, 7 
Lab: 1, 6, 8 
Scorpio: 2  And I cannot remember what piece 4 was I think Scorpio as well. 

Eventually switched to Yeti 1, 3,4,5,7,8 and just had Scorpio 2 and Lab 6. I fused them all otherwise Yeti 1 an 4 are not better than Lab... from what I remember.

Naksun shields are good too (2, 4, 6, 7) butttttt yeah... 

Then I switched to all Asura and Be Ido  3, 5, 7 which now is replaced wit Twisted.  But like this wasn't cost effective hence suggesting skipping and getting carried by guild.

Currently with Asura/Be Ido mix. Not the ideal 357 Be Ido, but 567 since rolls on alternative ones didn't help. Still, I got the good stats (especially since I used Twisted to improve crit, even maxing out one of Be Ido parts) so that's what matters most anyway.

Alternative SS is almost full Twisted. Need to do more Ruins and Masts to complete the set. Yeti is filling the gaps for now.

Currently stand with mix... Asura #8,#1,#6, naksun #2, Be Ido #3,#5,#7 and one last scorpion #4 SS.

For me looks adequate and provide (What i think) necessary crit and acc boost while hmm retaining adequate Hp capacity :3

https://bnstree.com/character?r=na&c=JoannaRamira

I can change to Be ido 567 which give 4.9K crit but well... my Hp goes down ;w; and sacrifice some accuracy.

For fuse tho.. well i tend to use artisanal  SS prmer.. as it give best and often maxing the infuse.

On 8/15/2016 at 9:37 PM, JoannaRamira said:

You are doing it a bit wrong for sacrificing Crit damage for HP, you will want 5 Asura 3 Be Ido instead of a mix like what you are using atm.

1/2/4/6/8 Asura mix with 3/5/7 Be Ido, still give you about the same HP/Pierce with 7% more crit damage and might be even higher Accuracy

4 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

You are doing it a bit wrong for sacrificing Crit damage for HP, you will want 5 Asura 3 Be Ido instead of a mix like what you are using atm.

1/2/4/6/8 Asura mix with 3/5/7 Be Ido, still give you about the same HP/Pierce with 7% more crit damage and might be even higher Accuracy

My plan is to make up the accuracy and Crit damage through accessory upgrade.

I have bit problem with Asura+Be Ido 3,5,7 combo where apparently i lost critical rate. yes i gain accuracy but..kinda unsatisfactory for me.

My further current setup now is Asura 8,1,4. Naksun 2 and Be Ido 3,5,6,7.  I see it quite satisfactory for DPS need.

http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/JoannaRamira

6 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

My plan is to make up the accuracy and Crit damage through accessory upgrade.

I have bit problem with Asura+Be Ido 3,5,7 combo where apparently i lost critical rate. yes i gain accuracy but..kinda unsatisfactory for me.

My further current setup now is Asura 8,1,4. Naksun 2 and Be Ido 3,5,6,7.  I see it quite satisfactory for DPS need.

http://bnscoffee.com/character/NA/JoannaRamira

That is what you get it wrong. You might get a lost in Critical but as long as it is anywhere higher than 50% you are perfectly fine with it, because you get a diminishing benefit in return after your critical state goes pass 50%.

Meanwhile, with 5 pieces Asura, you can get a flat 7% critical damage increase which give increasing benefit. I am sure you have already known this but critical damage is more important than critical rate by a long mile.

Further more, Be Ido #6 gives maximum 4270 HP / 282 Accuracy and a chance at max 120 Critical with max fusion value on critical is 201, while Asura #6 gives Maximum 7750 HP ( in total ) and a chance at max 130 Critical with maximum fusion value on critical is 218. By now, I hope you can already see what you are missing by using Be Ido #6 rather than Asura #6, not to mention Be Ido only has 3 pieces set effect, getting anymore than 3 is meaningless.

Naksun #2 individually is stronger than Asura #2, but because of the 5 pieces bonus from using 5 Asura, the advantage of that single Naksun is negligible, 200 more critical from a single piece vs a flat 7% critical damage from 5 piece set effect.

Archived