Defining Telegraphs - Friendly/Hostile

Taemek

5 minutes ago, bug said:

What?

Sigh....

NPC's in the game and in PvP share the exact same ground based color effect of the people in your group.

Why this even exists is beyond me and leaves you wondering wtf is on the ground and who's is it.

Two ways to handle it.

Make the Friendly telegraphs a light transparent Blue/Green colour.

Allow us to turn Friendly telegraphs off.

Both would be preferable so people have an option.

Another suggestion also would be to make the transparency of the telegraphs adjustable along with doing the top two options.

Do it the way Wildstar does.  Allow players to customize all the telegraphs.  Don't remember all the categories, but enemy PC buff/debuff/damage, enemy NPC buff/debuff/damage, Ally PC buff/debuff/damage, Ally NPC buff/debuff/damage.

Each have their own spot to specify a custom color.

That said, if you want to be just lazy, I assume 99% of players don't care about ally damage telegraphs, so just turn them off.  99% of players don't care about enemy buff telegraphs (assuming there are any) so those get removed as well.

That leaves you with red enemy attack telegraphs, and green ally buff/heal telegraphs.  And that'll be fine.

Yah..this is why I have to CTRL+F when playing as a melee, it's really hard to see whats going on otherwise, cant concentrate on the boss and his aoe's.  The friendly aoe and enemy aoe stack ontop of each other with same colour.  Really annoying, there's no way to just turn off special effects from friendly fire, so most of the time even when im playing in a party, it feels kinda lonely and feel like solo as I turn off everything.  Hope the developer gives us option to turn off special effects.

16 minutes ago, SongNhi said:

Yah..this is why I have to CTRL+F when playing as a melee, it's really hard to see whats going on otherwise, cant concentrate on the boss and his aoe's.  The friendly aoe and enemy aoe stack ontop of each other with same colour.  Really annoying, there's no way to just turn off special effects from friendly fire, so most of the time even when im playing in a party, it feels kinda lonely and feel like solo as I turn off everything.  Hope the developer gives us option to turn off special effects.

Yeah, the FX does tend to obscure stuff as well, not just the telegraphs.  Be nice if there was an option to turn off ally FX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived