BOT SQUAD farming Wheel Bosses

TopDollar

I reported a bunch of botters last week in the Profane boss spawn but they are still there and its even worst now because there are even more bots there now. There is zero reason why they aren't banned yet. I totally understand the need to investigate lone players that gets reported as a bot because sometimes the person accusing might be wrong. But the Bot Squad thats camping in the boss spawns are 100% bots, no need to investigate because its common sense.

They are all

1. Destroyers

2. Same gears

3. weird ass names

4. They bunch up together and move and walk in the same direction/pattern. <----this alone should confirm, adding point 1-3 is just overkill in the common sense department.

All it takes is a single GM to teleport to this area and look at all the bot and ban them one by one, takes a few minutes at most. And there are less than 10 wheel boss in the game so its not like the GM needs to go to thousands of different boss spawns. Please can a GM teleport to the Profane boss spawn on the server Yehara and you'll see it for yourself. No need to investigate, these are bots 100%. I bet my life on it.

2 minutes ago, Zerachiel said:

isn't most the money items on that boss untradeable? i don't see a point farming it. 

They are selling the boss essence in mass bulks and even if the bots are harmless, they should still be banned. Only good bot is a dead bot.

OP's 4 points is very accurate, these farm bot squads are exactly like this and extremely obvious. there are very popular bot spots it seems both out in the open and in dungeons (u see the bots constantly exit and enter a dungeon). need to install some security cameras to find these bot squads 

1 hour ago, Kitah said:

Look at it this way: Atleast you can kill the boss quicker. Everything from that wheel is untradable so I don't even see why they'd be doing that.

You can sell essences (Which people do buy to use the wheel), you can break down all the boxes and weapons to get powder/ element dust and then resell it on market. SO yeah 

It's always about 10 destroyers each time I come. Since the bots don't know how to activate the boss they tend to just stand there forever till a non-bot comes and activates it.

I always report them when I go there to run my dailies, but they seem to get a new characters each time I go.

I could tell they were bots from the movements and all the accessories were the first evolutions starting in the game except for the weapons which were quite high. 

39 minutes ago, Enohpiris said:

You can sell essences (Which people do buy to use the wheel), you can break down all the boxes and weapons to get powder/ element dust and then resell it on market. SO yeah 

Completely forgot that you could sell essences and the broken down weapons and items. Damn. Death to all bots!

Thats why we need an Assassin to just do a mass pull of all the agro mobs in the area and train the bots. we used to do that in Lineage 2 all the time when we got bot groups like this. An archer or someone with fake death would do a mass agro of mobs and train the bots. They would die unless they were a super powered group. 

While this isn't necessarily a huge problem currently, it could very easily lead to worse problems in the future. That being said, I am positive they already have something in mind for the bots. The reason bots are sometimes continued to live for a short period of time is a lot like letting ants live and following them back to their ant colony...see if you drop a grenade into that ant colony, you don't have to kill them one by one. My GUESS is they are actively working on a bigger system that tracks and bans them automatically, while simultaneously looking for main sources of these bots so they can shut part of the source down.

Pests are always going to exist. Don't think their presence means complacency. They are all on borrowed time, patience is all that is required now.

1 hour ago, Froggyman said:

While this isn't necessarily a huge problem currently, it could very easily lead to worse problems in the future. That being said, I am positive they already have something in mind for the bots. The reason bots are sometimes continued to live for a short period of time is a lot like letting ants live and following them back to their ant colony...see if you drop a grenade into that ant colony, you don't have to kill them one by one. My GUESS is they are actively working on a bigger system that tracks and bans them automatically, while simultaneously looking for main sources of these bots so they can shut part of the source down.

Pests are always going to exist. Don't think their presence means complacency. They are all on borrowed time, patience is all that is required now.

One thing they have been doing is going not after the people running the bots but the people who made the programs. It was all the talk in December that NCsoft went after one of the major Lineage 2 bot programs, L2Tower. If you go on the website it states that after being talked to by Nc (more likely threatened.) they will no longer be updating or supporting the files for Retail. 

BnS needs to do the same thing, find out what program is being used and going after the program itself. 

5 hours ago, Enohpiris said:

You can sell essences on the market and Broken Pieces to merchants, but the dust from weapons and accessories can't be traded.

3 hours ago, Zerachiel said:

Thats why we need an Assassin to just do a mass pull of all the agro mobs in the area and train the bots. we used to do that in Lineage 2 all the time when we got bot groups like this. An archer or someone with fake death would do a mass agro of mobs and train the bots. They would die unless they were a super powered group. 

We would do that on Aion Online as well. Or people would pull a whole group of mobs near the bots than lose agro, the bots would get over run with mobs than eventually die. They would stay dead for hours till the operator of the bot noticed, it was hilarious!

6 minutes ago, rocdog said:

You can sell essences on the market and Broken Pieces to merchants, but the dust from weapons and accessories can't be traded.

Soul Shield dust can be traded, although it's worth next to bugger all (3 copper each last time I looked) I am surprised that there are so many bots in this game though given the mechanics and need to actively avoid damage rather than just spamming a rotation and healing up occasionally.

Archived