The truth behind the Summoner hate

Ra9eQuit

Hello there, toxic member of the BnS community,

Before we proceed, you need to answer a few questions first:

1. Is there a class you hate?
2. Is there really a reason to hate the class?
3. Do you think the class is overpowered or makes the game unfair, unbalanced or even unplayable?
4. Did you lose to the hated class?
5. Do you think hating the class will make your game experience better?

Good day, BnS player. My name is Ra9eQuit. I am making this forum post, to explain both sides of the hate towards summoners and other classes.

You probably answered to most of the questions with a yes and are genuinely mad about one of the 7 classes. If not you probably dont have a lot of trouble with the game or PvP and dont need to continue to read. Let me get things clear first: I AM NOT A SUMMONER. I personaly dont enjoy the playstyle and dedicated myself to KFM, BD and FM. I as a player have encountered all the classes in PvP and got my ass kicked by all of them and won against every class too.
In my opinion there is no unbalanced class. Why? Because you can beat everything with skill. But what is my problem then?
My problem is, that nevertheless, there are things that SEEM UNFAIR and these things are the reason why some classes get hated.
Is the hate justified? YES. You can hate all classes, go ahead. Hating is not a problem. I hate Assassins, Summoners, BDs, Destroyers, KFMs, FMs, hell I hate every class. But thats okay. 

But what is not okay, is the fact that people claim classes op and want nerfs only because they hate the class. Stop it. It is annoying and you wouldnt stop anyway, one class gets nerfed, then another class is op and gets hate. Just stop and play the *cricket* game or dont.

In this thread, I will show you the reasons for all the crying as someone who played the op classes and the not so op classes and played with every class against everything. So lets begin and to make things easier to understand I will take the summoner as example, because it is the most hated class and because I sparred countless times with one of my friends who is a summoner:

1- YOU LOST. If you wouldnt have lost, you wouldnt have complained. And now you feel humiliated, your ego is hurt, your butt is hurt and you try everything to make your hurt go away. What is the easiest way? "The class i played against is op." That is wrong. You just lost against someone who was better and that is what happened. If you played against your class and got absolutely dumpstered, you would have felt hurt too, because someone just showed you how bad you are at the game and it felt unfair, because you couldnt do anything or YOU THINK THAT YOU COULDNT DO ANYTHING. You could if you were better, so "git gud" how they all say. It is the truth, just get better at the game. Only because you got smashed by a cat, your ego got hurt? Grow up man.

2- You feel like you couldnt do anything. I mentioned this already, but think about it before claiming the class op only because the enemy player was better. If you REALLY couldnt do anything, how does every player have losses? You could do something but you are just too bad to do it. Git. Gud.

3- SKILL FLOOR. Okay this is a valid reason to hate a class and I do the same. We complain because the enemy had it too easy or their class has a kit that seems so good that the enemy could win without even playing. Yes, this is the truth, but guess what, EVERY CLASS HAS THAT. BDs just smash Tab, Destroyer just stunlocks you forever, KFMs have a kit to counter EVERYTHING, Assassins make you unable to do anything, and Summoners are basically 2v1 and so on...
What I am trying to say is, yes there are classes that take less effort, yes it is annoying, yes it is a reason to hate, yes it FEELS unfair. But it was your decision to play something HARD TO PLAY like FM or BM or KFM. Stop crying and git gud or dont play the game at all. All classes have the kit to completly wreck their oponent, it is just the player who is missing the skill to do it. YOU ARE BAD. For example, you could learn self defense and know how to disarm someone with a gun, or you just buy a gun and point it at someone. Both scenarios can lose, but one scenario takes a lot less effort than the other. Still, the player who picks Summoner may take the easy way, which is totally okay, but he still is trash at any other class + he wont be better than someone who is better at summoner than him. In the end, the player who spends more time practicing will more likely win.

4- Another thing I see often is: "OMG SUMMONER OP, THEY CAN HEAL, TANK AND DPS. OP OP OP. PLs NERF." Lmao, every class can do all these things at once if you use your talent points. 

5- MISSPLAYS. Everyone missplays but, this is probably the reason you feel the most butthurt. You are bad, you hit the dandelion of the summoner, they go invisible and you complain about them having such an "op skill" and not about yourself being the dumbass you are and hitting the dandelion. It is retarded how people think that summoners are op for their stealth and BMs not for their insane defense and offense, KFMs not for their absolutely horrific counter kit, FMs not for their "Just freeze and die". Guess what, you can outplay anyone with any class. GIT GUD.
You think Summoners are op for their skills? Look at your own class you blind fish. 
But one thing I have to admit is, Summoners have at lower elo a lot less need of the player focusing at the game to win, this is true. They can do mistakes and get less punishment for it due to the enemy player being unaware of the mistakes they do and punishing them or just them being unaware of their capabilities. But they will still lose if they dont focus and let their cat die for nothing. And in higher elo, the amount of attention you have to pay, to keep both your cat and you alive is tremendous and definitely not easy anymore. It gets hard for everyone the higher you go in rank.

That's all, folks. Stop hating in chat and forum and get good. Everyone can do it, with every class. Dont expect you will always win. You wont, I promise. No matter against what class, not even your own. Nothing in this game is unfair. If you think something is unfair, you are just too bad to outplay it. SO GIT GUD.

Cya in Arena,

-Ra9eQuit

1. Is there a class you hate?- Yes, any class played by a fken moron
2. Is there really a reason to hate the class?- Yes, because the fken moron either wipes the whole raid constantly or is pointless on team pvp
3. Do you think the class is overpowered or makes the game unfair, unbalanced or even unplayable?- I wish the moron was overpowered in the brain aspect
4. Did you lose to the hated class?- you never lose to morons...but they can make you lose
5. Do you think hating the class will make your game experience better?- yes because I plan to kill them all

Most the people who complain in the pvp region chat won't even see this. So sad. But regardless, a fun read. I personally have my own hate but it's not so much against the class, but the player who uses the "easy way out" method which makes the pvp boring and not so fun. 

2 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

TL;DR: Get good, play the game and dont complain, because it doesnt change anything and it is annoying.

I agree.  There is a reason why when you choose your class it gives you a level of difficulty.  Everyone seems to have forgotten that.  If the game was full of equal difficulty classes it would either be too easy, or too hard for the masses.  Those that want an easier time with class functions like combos etc.. Summoner is one of those classes, those that want something more difficult, well.. you chose your level of difficulty.  

I play forcemaster and I can kill everyone and everyone can kill me.  It just depends on who I am up against and what their skill level is.  I myself am a mediocre PVP player.  I have murdered summoners and I have been wrecked by them.  I have murdered blade masters and I have been wrecked by them.  insert each class here etc...

Final item to add, whining gets you no where, go play a summoner, watch videos, learn their skills and then read your current class tree and see what can counter them.  Practice and win some fights.  

I read the whole thing, and you make some valid points.

I agree with needing to get good. Any class can beat any class, however, some classes just have more favorable match-ups than others.

You can't tell me that a Summoner has equal or less favorable match-ups than say, a BM would. I have seen girl streamers with very little knowledge of the game and other classes, yet still go on to get Gold in very few games played.

A BM, on the other hand, has to have more knowledge of self, and at least a basic understanding of how other classes work in order to get Gold. It can take them much longer because of this, and also because the 3 most popular classes being played, just to happen to be your 3 worst match-ups in the game (Summoner, Destroyer, Blade Dancer).

This lack of balance would be fine, if it weren't for the fact that PvP rewards, the soulstone pouches in particular, are tiered according to your rank in arena. The higher ranked player gets more Soulstones, makes more money, and has an easier time going about getting the rewards. You have to play harder with certain classes, to get less rewards than someone else putting in a fraction of the effort you're putting in.

That's what makes it unfair.

2 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

That's what makes it unfair.

I would disagree as when you created your character it listed the difficulty of your class.  You chose a difficulty that is higher than summoner ( meant for beginners )

I feel your pain though on better match ups etc.. as all I ever see in the arena is a blade master or assassin and I am a forcemaster.  They are not the most fun to deal with.

44 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

When i see people say 'GIT GUD' on the forums i imagine those physically impaired people trying to pronounce proper english but failing :o

when I tell someone to "git gud" I really  mean to go on youtube and study your class than read about it than research what trees are best for you than I would like for you to READ YOUR FKEN SKILLS and know what they do.....

I do not care what class someone plays but damn do some research not like the game is 100% new

but on your post I see them as hill billies with missing teeth lol...sorry for ranting was not at you! <3

2 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

when I tell someone to "git gud" I really  mean to go on youtube and study your class than read about it than research what trees are best for you than I would like for you to READ YOUR FKEN SKILLS and know what they do.....

I do not care what class someone plays but damn do some research not like the game is 100% new

Your pretty much on the same page as those too lazy to research as one too lazy to explain properly xD

2 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

Your pretty much on the same page as those too lazy to research as one too lazy to explain properly xD

so it's my job to tell you how to play your class?

sorry, but I went and researched all the classes I play and it's really not hard....the only lazy people are the ones who do not take the time to do it.....

so you want me to be like ok bobby when that big bad mean KFM grabs you I want you to press the number 1 fast... yeah fk that know your own fken class

1 minute ago, Puppy Pie said:

so it's my job to tell you how to play your class?

sorry, but I went and researched all the classes I play and it's really not hard....the only lazy people are the ones who do not take the time to do it.....

I consider both types lazy as nothing constructive comes out of them both.  o.o  

Both have their excuses, and both have their ways to actually get past that and actually make things constructive for the other to advise. 

'git gud lurn ur class' is not advice lol. Thats just lazy ego trolling >.> which is SOO frequent on this official forum as opposed to the DOJO where year long veterans offer contructive advice and newbies explain their situations.

4 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

This mind set won't get you far in the world, if you want to know something go learn it yourself is the best way.  I highly doubt the best KR PVP player waited for someone else to feed him all the answers to countering each class etc..  Feel free to ask questions when you are stumped, but have some background and basics behind your question.  

Believe it or not, but the community does have plenty of people that are very helpful when you ask questions that are worth answering.  If what you are asking is something that can easily be found via Google, then go Google it and read.  If it isn't, then at least have tried to find it.  

1 minute ago, Aquel said:

This mind set won't get you far in the world, if you want to know something go learn it yourself is the best way.  I highly doubt the best KR PVP player waited for someone else to feed him all the answers to countering each class etc..  Feel free to ask questions when you are stumped, but have some background and basics behind your question.  

Believe it or not, but the community does have plenty of people that are very helpful when you ask questions that are worth answering.  If what you are asking is something that can easily be found via Google, then go Google it and read.  If it isn't, then at least have tried to find it.  

read what i said above xD your in that bunch.

Sure it wont get me far in that highschool clique but its gotten me pretty far in the work world lol

1 minute ago, LagunaL8 said:

I consider both types lazy as nothing constructive comes out of them both.  o.o  

Both have their excuses, and both have their ways to actually get past that and actually make things constructive for the other to advise. 

'git gud lurn ur class' is not advice lol. Thats just lazy ego trolling >.> which is SOO frequent on this official forum as opposed to the DOJO where year long veterans offer contructive advice and newbies explain their situations.

My advice to someone who doesn't know there class is to watch youtube...sorry but I'm not going to sit there and hold someone had for hours and try to explain a class when I can be doing other things...

Now if they have a simple question like what shield should I be using than yeah no problem but when people do stupid sht like use an AOE attack in a dungeon causing the whole group to wipe because they failed to even read the skills before mashing the buttons than yeah I have an issue with that...

4 minutes ago, LagunaL8 said:

Sure it wont get me far in that highschool clique but its gotten me pretty far in the work world lol

soooooo your type is just the lazy spoon feed me as I can't possibly learn my class...

by watching some simple videos or even reading my skills

1 minute ago, Puppy Pie said:

soooooo your type is just the lazy spoon feed me as I can't possibly learn my class...

by watching some simple videos or even reading my skills

Thats your own narrowminded assumption that you wish  o.o

Just because someone pointed out that both sides actually can be lazy no need to be spiteful

1 minute ago, LagunaL8 said:

I would disagree with you stating I fit in this categorization that you created.  I provided suggestions and feedback about what someone can do.  I never said git gud, I said go play the classes that you want to beat and learn what they can do then compare to what your class can do.  If someone wrote out all the combos in the game and how to counter them for each class.. the players complaining would still have to READ the information.  There is no point in helping someone who is unwilling to help themselves.  

As I provided earlier, do some research yourself and if you have questions after that, ask them and there are plenty of helpful people (myself included as I have replied to many posts for players asking for help)

Lets seee.... 

1. Can block  

2. Can do crazy amounts of healing 

3. Can do crazy amounts of CC 

4. Can go invisible 

5. Can put up a anti-cc sheild 

6. Can put up a anti-ranged dmg cloud (melee too?)

7. Has insanse burst 

8. Can run around its pet making it hard for you to focus cc and dmg on the actual player 

9. Its pet can do pin downs and air juggles.  

10. The pet has insane range on its gap closing abilities 

11. Summoner damage goes through my Veil Bubble... idk about other classes defensive abilities ( im a FM )

WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING?

Archived