Summoner vs. Floor 7

Izark

Fellow Summoners, please assist!

DISCLAIMER: Let me just say that I'm not looking for answers along the lines of "learn your class". Learning how to play a class exceptionally well takes a lot of time and dedication. It's something I'm working on, but for the moment I believe that I am proficient enough with the summoner to be able to understand the game's mechanics well enough to where I have had and do not currently have any issues soloing any of the dungeons except for Skittering Tunnels and Brightstone Ruins. I've rarely needed a group for fights in the game, including world boss fights (unless I am in a hurry and need to clear something fast).

I'm also comfortable with PvP and have not struggled in that area either. I have played all classes to at least level 30 to be able to understand their animations, abilities, and skills. This statement is not meant as bragging. I just want to get across the point that no, I am not a noob, and no - I do not hide behind my cat and wait to spam damage as is the misconception about everyone who plays my class. Now that that stereotype and assumption is out of the way, let me get to why I've come out of anonymity to post this: 

QUESTION: I am a level 45 summoner trying to defeat the boss on Floor 7. So far, after countless attempts, I have not been successful. I've tried adjusting my build, I've tried changing out soul shields to maximize DPS, I've tried changing rotations and adjusting my play style, and of course I've tried to upgrade my weapon (so far, I have the Awakened Siren Staff - Stage 5). I've tried popping the handy damage resist potions as well to no avail. After banging my head against this for a week, I've come here in the hope that a fellow summoner might be able to give me some tips about this fight. 

My Equipment: 

• Awakened Siren Staff - Stage 5
  • Awakened Infernal Necklance - Stage 10
  • Awakened Infernal Earring - Stage 10
  • Awakened Infernal Ring - Stage 10
  • Siren Belt - Stage 5

Here are some things I've tried/noticed so far: 

• Attempting to do as I've read on other forums, I have tried to aggro this fellow with the cat. This should seem simple and clean - in fact, they claim it is. However, the cat does not hold aggro nearly well enough and Jughado jumps around so much that he often steps out of aggro range even if I try to keep him in it. If he does aggro on the cat - two hits from me and he's right back on me.
  • I've seen a video of this being done without a cat. No information about the weapon level was given. However, the fact that the player popped a 20k healing pot several times told me that this was not the road for me.
  • I use all of my cat's knockdowns and stuns every chance I get, yet sometimes a knockdown will completely reset this boss. He blinks to the center of the room with full health. Does this happen to anyone else? 
  • I've attempted switching out between a Rumblebees and Sunflower build - not much of a DPS difference. Have tried picking up DoT's from Weed Whack and Thorn Strike - again, not much of a DPS difference.
  • He sees through my stealth - every time without fail. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but each time I use Seed Shroud, it's like my stealth is useless. He follows me and sticks to me like glue even with cat aggro running while I'm invisible. 
  • Backstepping does little to help in most cases as he seems to blink with me without leaving a gap. As soon as I land from backstep, he's right there knocking me on my ass. Again, following with Seed Shroud to avoid this does nothing as he acts as though I am not stealthed at all.
  • I've tried the Alley Cat build to pick up more damage - has not made a difference. Only makes the cat too squishy to be an acceptable partner in this fight and thus rules out True Friend, Guard Duty, and Farewell way too easily.

That said, the real issue here is me not putting out enough DPS. As I have tried everything I can think of to maximize this, I'm going to assume that there is something I'm missing. Mechanics - whether glitchy, buggy, or just challenging - I can deal with. What I need is help from fellow Summoners who know how to beat this guy and can give me some tips about how I might improve. What soul shield you used, what build you used, what weapon you had, any tricks that helped - all of that information would be incredibly useful.

The Augerite that so many are struggling with was never a problem for me, DPS-wise. I always downed him well before his rage timer. Thus, I assumed that I was doing something right where DPS was concerned. Apparently not enough. 

I realize that there have likely been other posts similar to this with my class. Sorry, but I don't have time to scroll through pages upon pages searching for them all. If you know of a good one, I'd appreciate it if you could leave a link here, insult and sarcasm free.  

Otherwise, thank you for your time and your assistance in advance.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could watch more youtube guides. I know junghado gains true sight(5s) after it uses the immunity aoe followed by the 5 point strike or something. I know clan mates(summoner) who have cleared this using true profane with more than 1 min left. Siren should be more than enough, no way that there isn't enough dmg unless you keep making unnecessary dodges in fear of dying . The only time you will be taking damage, should only be the 1 attack strikes. if you are taking lots of c.c damage. you need to rewatch the video again. The boss pattern isn't really complicated, it even tells you the moves, so you can prepare for it. Someone has already written a walkthrough on how to beat this, you can try to search for it on forums.

27 minutes ago, Destinykraze said:

You could watch more youtube guides. I know junghado gains true sight(5s) after it uses the immunity aoe followed by the 5 point strike or something. I know clan mates(summoner) who have cleared this using true profane with more than 1 min left. Siren should be more than enough, no way that there isn't enough dmg unless you keep making unnecessary dodges in fear of dying . The only time you will be taking damage, should only be the 1 attack strikes. if you are taking lots of c.c damage. you need to rewatch the video again. The boss pattern isn't really complicated, it even tells you the moves, so you can prepare for it. Someone has already written a walkthrough on how to beat this, you can try to search for it on forums.

Thank you for your kind response :) 

It may be that I'm dodging too much because I'm paranoid of being hit. However, what I've found is that once he knocks me down once, it's pretty much the end of the line. He pulls me into a combo that kills me in seconds with hardly any chance of dodging out of it. And, as I mentioned previously - Seed Shroud (my class's main escape) does next to nothing for me as he sees through my stealth for some inexplicable reason. He just keeps throwing me around as though I haven't even used it.

To counter this, I tried using my PvP soul shield for more health. This, however, left me with too little damage.

Try spec your hammer strike and ankle biter to CC's. Daze and Knock down respectively. Also get your Powerpounce, to tier 4 stage 1. Use poison from your thorn strike with sunflower for maximum damage. Also don't forget that your weedwhack or Grasping roots also works on him. Get as much crit as possible. Use Friendship on your cat to heal your health and use normal healing tonics when you get hit. Pretty simple fight, rotate all your CC. And always try to power pounce. Use your Lunge stun in case of emergency. Seed shroud gives you 1.5 seconds of damage resist after you successfully counter, so use it not to give you invis.. but to give you some duration of immunity. Briar patch should be tier 3 stage 1, and comboed with powerpounce. Glhf.

You have to use your cat to CC (crowd control) him with stuns, knock downs, dazes, and pounces. Use the Q aggro pull even though it's brief and use X shield in those huge attack chains he does. I have Awakened Siren Staff as well (I'm assuming you also have Infernal accessories) and it has been steady clears. Learn his attack patterns - after all, he is built and attacks from with an AI.

My tip is to always have alteast one CC ability that is not on cooldown.

Spec your tab to a stun, 2 to daze (optional), C to daze, 1 no points required, V is optional and generally speced bomb for more damage.

If he snares you with cold, knocks you down, and etc, press one of your CC.

If he charges you with slashes, press X or 4.

As long as you don't clip your cc he should be a target dummy.

Thank you for these great tips! I was convinced that I'd been using CC extensively, but maybe I haven't picked up everything that I could in my build. 

I'll rework it again and let you guys know how it goes! 

Pop the invulnerability potion after he uses the invulnerable+aoe, because right after that, he does his best combo that usually one-shots injured fellas. You can buy it from profane jiangshi level or 6th floor (i think). The cooldown is so fast, you can keep popping it (provided you ignore its cost).

·         I use all of my cat's knockdowns and stuns every chance I get, yet sometimes a knockdown will completely reset this boss. He blinks to the center of the room with full health. Does this happen to anyone else? 

With Junghado, it doesn´t happen to me. I guess it could happen if you kite him too far from the center of the room – but you´d prolly need to kite him to the stairs outside for that to happen.

Anyways I am confident enough, that I can beat Junghado anytime now without any pills – other than a 30% hp potions now and then – the one with 1 minute cooldown that drops very frequently. Here´s my strategy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Start the fight with cat attacking, and instantly TAB->X for letting the cat claw him while he is lying down cc´d for several seconds. During this time, just sunflower him.'

As soon as he is getting up, you Q spawn to make the cat curl. Sunflower him.

Now keep an eye on the cats curl timer - at around 4 seconds left, Junghado will get up - so root him for 8 seconds, and sunflower him till the curl timer dissappears and curl again.

Repeat sunflower.

When Curl timer is at 4 seconds, prepare to knockdown Junghado with cats V-attack. Follow up with another x.

You pretty much repeat the 3 above steps till Junghado reaches 30%. If you mess up, use your 2-attack for daze or the cats knockdown and if you mess up badly, pop a 30% hp potion or a 6 second invincible potion bought in Mushins Tower.

Once Junghado reaches 30% - he´ll charge and disregard cats taunt. This is when he does his 5-point-strike or supermove. He´ll do that continously for 2-3 times and he seems immume to cc for a short duration. The proper response is to hit Seed Shroud and stay invisible for all 6 seconds. If it fails, then you need to backstep and rely on the 3 seconds invisibility.

Once you go invisible - don´t attack junghado - but focus on tabbing the cat upclose and taunt. When you´re invisible, cat´s taunt will work again.

From here, it´s the same as the first 70%. Piece of cake ~

If you do it properly, there´s no need for any potions and you can do it with 80% hp left or more. My cat is specced as alley cat, and I have more than 1 minute left on timer when he dies - cat never is close to dying, as I keep it curled as much as possible. Remember to hit doom N bloom when you can - and don´t get caught in ice circles. activate 3- for ranged attacks. And make sure your seed shroud isn´t on cooldown when Junghado goes 30%!

28 minutes ago, Boodendorf said:

I made a video of me doing Mushin Tower as a summoner. The skill tree and gear are shown at the beginning and you should be able to copy the rotations I do without too much troubles. Skip to 17:09 for floor 7.

Yes, thats the way to clear 7F. however you don't have to spam attacks during while hes casting his immune knockback aoe. he can't take damage. Just prepare to use your seed shroud for free focus as he will always use the 5 point strike and full combo(if you get hit by 5ps) after this.

Ps: Nice gold.

27 minutes ago, Boodendorf said:

made a video of me doing Mushin Tower as a summoner. The skill tree and gear are shown at the beginning and you should be able to copy the rotations I do without too much troubles. Skip to 17:09 for floor 7.

@ 19.05 minute mark.

That´s when Junghado starts his supermove. Roughly 30% hp left. - Thats when you need to seed shroud and let the cat taunt.

I think you were too close for comfort on this one personally.

Thank you for all this guys! I've been conflicted about whether sunflower or rumblebees is better. With sunflower, I run out of focus VERY fast. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I noticed in this video, you use sunflower a lot more than I can. For me, 3 or 4 shots and that's it. I have to rebuild focus with rose thorn or doom and bloom.

Late to the party, but I managed to beat Junghado with Siren 10 and rest Infernals.  The only change I made were my SS's between win and death.  I had Moonwater arena SS's (yeah yeah, I know) before, I had 5 Mushin and 2 BSH now.  I too managed to stayed alive during my initial attempts but couldn't dps enough to kill him before timer.  I got him down to like 9% :(  sucky crit T.T    I would recommend upping your crit and/or your atk if you can stay alive just couldn't make enough output for the win.  

On the contrary to kiting Junghado, I suck at kiting things so I actually stayed closed to him.  Some videos of summoners vs Junghado recommended staying close to your cat & him so you can watch his skills.  I also recommended to try staying at a relatively close distance too (if you can) because we do not have voice overs for Junghado's skill while other version do, so you have to rely on visual cues.

I'm spec'ed like the pros from the previous responses, 2 to daze, C to daze, Tab to stun, V to knockdown & Q to 5m Taunt.  I use Sunflower also, I left root to single target, I have House Cat b/c I'm paranoid about my cat's hp going lower than 80%.  I won't make a long ass post about how I did it b/c you've got great advises already.   To your last question about using bees or sunflower.  I'd say whatever you've been using the whole time.  I tried to use bees on previous floors but it was so odd to me that I actually did not make the timer on F5 and barely made it on F6.  

Wish you best of luck.  You can beat him, just a matter of time and practice.  :)

Well, once again, I've tried everything and I can only get him down to about 12% each time. It's way better than the 50% I was stuck at before. However, past 25%, it seems like he becomes so spazzy that I can't follow him anymore :S

9 minutes ago, Pinwheel said:

https://bnstree.com/SU?build=4501002101411073110821110311064113731111211124210421304312021120932109111252220132

Works perfectly fine for any and all pve encounters, just need to learn the mechanics and not buy into that memeflower crap. High crit and standing in melee range will far outdps sunflower any day.

Trying this build just got me to 4%!! Cat died though and he caught me in a combo that took down all my health at once :(

Here's my run through.

Should save your X for when he does his resisting phase. Skill setup is in description of the video.

Seed Shroud whenever he does the multislash and have your cat tank. save your SS for the ice and just kite/CC him. You can also spec into Enhanced Seed Shroud. Works for ice escaping too.

After upgrading my gear, working on my build, I can get to floor 7 with relative ease (got it down to an art lol.)  I don't find floor 7 hard persay... rather I get to a point where the boss resists everything I do until the end of time and no progress is made unless I let him kill me.  I presume I've reached an enrage timer at 50% of his health?  If that's the case, I need to upgrade my gear further.  All of it requires soulstones/multiple moonstones.  My soul shield is crit infused combo of purple Poh 24 and purple Mushin tower.

1 hour ago, Chnmmr said:

After upgrading my gear, working on my build, I can get to floor 7 with relative ease (got it down to an art lol.)  I don't find floor 7 hard persay... rather I get to a point where the boss resists everything I do until the end of time and no progress is made unless I let him kill me.  I presume I've reached an enrage timer at 50% of his health?  If that's the case, I need to upgrade my gear further.  All of it requires soulstones/multiple moonstones.  My soul shield is crit infused combo of purple Poh 24 and purple Mushin tower.

Yes, when he resists everything and does his sword combo that knocks you in the air over and over and over, he has met his enrage timer.  You have 4:30 to beat him, keep an eye on top of his HP bar and it will show the timer there.  He has 587k - to beat him you basically need to do 131k damage per min ( this would barely beat him ) 

1 minute ago, Aquel said:

Yes, when he resists everything and does his sword combo that knocks you in the air over and over and over, he has met his enrage timer.  You have 4:30 to beat him, keep an eye on top of his HP bar and it will show the timer there.  He has 587k - to beat him you basically need to do 131k damage per min ( this would barely beat him ) 

If that's the case, then I definitely need to change my build.  I've got him down to 40% before this enrage timer.

28 minutes ago, Chnmmr said:

If that's the case, then I definitely need to change my build.  I've got him down to 40% before this enrage timer.

I was having struggles with the damage as well as a Forcemaster, but I found I was CCing too much with phantom grip and losing a lot of precious time.  My wife plays summoner and whenever Junghado is doing his super combo move, she has the cat taunt and she will run right through junghado before he finishes his initial animation, he then goes for the cat and she just continues to lay into him without having to stealth. 

Try not to get too far away from him as that enables him to use his gap closing moves.  Turtle sword is easy, just avoid the ice, Phoenix is the easiest, soon as he starts casting, wherever you are at his animation START is where he drops it, so just run straight at him and get behind him and continue to kaboom since the sword swirls will be on the other side of the arena.  His sword dash, pop a invincible potion and just smile while you dps through it.  Utilizing your cat knockdowns at key points to mitigate his movement and damage as much as possible.  Keep pushing at it and you'll soon figure it out.

1 hour ago, Chnmmr said:

Chances are that you didn´t trigger the enrage timer, but you simply met his supermove. At around 25-30% hp, he will start using a supermove continously 2-3 times. At this point, use seed shroud and TAB the cat, and Q to taunt.

Junghado will resume aggro on cat, and you can finish him off as normal.

Archived