Upgrades gated behind 6 person dungeons...

Nilkemios

Please, stop it. It's stupid. I am so sick of having to run 6 person dungeons to get stuff I need for upgrades. I have the Lv36 Cinderlands Soul Shield, all my equipment upgraded as far as I can get without having the Infernal stuff, and yet I can't even get past the first group (Destroyer boss with two KFM minions) as a Lv39 Blademaster.

Either the boss leaps at me and CCs me instantly, or they just knock me down and grapple me (and my Reversal to get out doesn't work at all, no matter when I time it), and I die in a matter of seconds. If I block, their CCs go right through it. I can't even get a hit in without the chance of getting stunlocked and killed instantly again, and again, and again...I had to beg a 45 for help to get through it. I felt worthless. The game no longer feels fun at all.

And, on a slightly off topic note, why are razors for warlocks dropping when that class isn't out yet? One drops from the boss, then another one from the dynamic quest chest. That's stupid.

By the way it sounds, you were soloing so I'm going to assume thats exactly what you were doing. What'd you expect on a heroic difficulty dungeon soloing? Key term: 6-man dungeons.

On a side note I cleared the dungeon with 2 of my friends and we were all around level 38. I'm a BM btw. If you can't find people to party with in your server, use cross server (F9). Your complaint has nothing to do with the dungeons themselves, just you were soloing a dungeon that wasn't meant to be solo'd at your level.

16 minutes ago, Faara said:

Why don't you do the dungeon with 5 other people? With a group, you shouldn't have any problems getting the items you need. Or are you a hardcore Solo-player?

Because the loot/bidding system is awful and I'd rather not deal with that, or with instant kill flames blocking me from bosses if I'm too slow for the others.

14 minutes ago, Permeator said:

By the way it sounds, you were soloing so I'm going to assume thats exactly what you were doing. What'd you expect on a heroic difficulty dungeon soloing? Key term: 6-man dungeons.

On a side note I cleared the dungeon with 2 of my friends and we were all around level 38. I'm a BM btw. If you can't find people to party with in your server, use cross server (F9). Your complaint has nothing to do with the dungeons themselves, just you were soloing a dungeon that wasn't meant to be solo'd at your level.

I expected to at least have a chance, not get wrecked by constant stunlocking and my own skills not working at all. As I pointed out in my post above, I prepared as much as I thought I could gear wise for this. Yet I may as well have been naked for how fast I was beaten. If there was another way to get the upgrades without going through that place, I wouldn't even care about the dungeon at all.

38 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Because the loot/bidding system is awful and I'd rather not deal with that, or with instant kill flames blocking me from bosses if I'm too slow for the others.

Is it? Sure, there are people who like to troll others, but I didn't encounter them very often. And you will even get money from the bids of the others if something they want drops (Infernal horns, Costume... Easy money.). And even if you don't get the weapon you want, you'll always have a second chance by opening the chest you get from the dynamic quest. It's really not that bad.

5 hours ago, Brainy said:

Ummm... did you try making friends and doing dungeons with them ?

If you want to play solo, there are loads of other games for that. If you reaaally want to play BnS solo, then just keep it to arena. You don't need gear for that.

This game doesn't encourage making friends. With the exception of world bosses and dynamic/daily quest rewards, another player being around is more often than not a hindrance for nearly everything else. And, really? Only arena is for solo players? Not the story or anything else?

1 minute ago, Nilkemios said:

This game doesn't encourage making friends. With the exception of world bosses and dynamic/daily quest rewards, another player being around is more often than not a hindrance for nearly everything else. And, really? Only arena is for solo players? Not the story or anything else?

I don't know if you're new to MMOs or what but this is pretty much how most of them work. If you want better gear, you have to farm dungeons. This game is actually far more lenient in allowing players to solo content than any other MMO I've played. That being said, you will never be able to solo some heroic dungeons at end game if you haven't already farmed the gear from them in group.

You can complete the story mode and most quests solo but as far as getting good gear, you can forget about it.

10 minutes ago, Rockbridge said:

I don't know if you're new to MMOs or what but this is pretty much how most of them work. If you want better gear, you have to farm dungeons. This game is actually far more lenient in allowing players to solo content than any other MMO I've played. That being said, you will never be able to solo some heroic dungeons at end game if you haven't already farmed the gear from them in group.

You can complete the story mode and most quests solo but as far as getting good gear, you can forget about it.

Just because most of them work like that doesn't mean they should work like that...I've played GW2, tried out Aion, Tera, Vindictus, and now this, so I guess I'm newb-ish.

Huh, so can't craft better gear, and no other alternatives for progression....sigh. I shouldn't be surprised. Aion was utter garbage, and this just seems like NCSoft's answer to Tera...yet for every thing it does better, it does something worse.

I'm actually surprised you ran into this wall so late, I gave up any idea of soloing heroic dungeons at blackram narrows. Let me tell you this, I managed to duo tomb of exile at level 41 with a friend, both blade masters, and hell it was hard. At 45 I solo it np, but then again, damage and upgrades help. Anyway, that kung furce master at the beginning is one of the hardest fights in the dungeon.
I'll add a piece of info: if you ever manage to get to the final boss soloing, he's got an attack that hits for around 17k hp that can be avoided only with backstep (the timing is fairly easy) or other iframes like that (don't even want to try the timing with e and q); most people probably have never seen that attack, because with 6 people you kill it too fast for him to use it.

can you simply explane me HOW can DUO and SOLO be same. is DUO=SOLO?
or you just didn't read what i said.

and yes in tera (just like in BnS) you can duo any dung)
i DUO MCHM(as hardest dung ever made, 1st MCHM not after XXXL nerf) at tera and DUO lab4/BsH4/Poh4...

17 hours ago, Strindberg said:

I don't see how that's a bad thing, makes you learn the game. If you're frustrated at the lvl 36 gear then wait till 45, a lot of the upgrade materials drop from - you guessed it, more 6 man dungeons. 

Man, I WISH the drops from 6-man dungeons were all I had to worry about for 45 weapons and accessories, haha. Instead it's heaps of gold and moonwater transformation stones. Way more of a pain. But it's the only way to properly pace progression so everyone's not capped the day after every update I suppose.

don't want to play with other people... but playing an mmo game... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA...

anyway, come back when you're level 45 with 5 hongmoon level. you can surely solo that dungeon by then.

now, just do other quest and grind till 45, and that dungeon, is it ToE ?

I play with a group of people to ToT, and my weapon drop. all the other people is passing it for me. why ? because i ask politely "can i please have that weapon, i need it for my upgrade ?"... some people were actually nice in this game you know...

Archived