Enforced PvP not attractive.

Afocks

Speaking as a roleplayer....

I came to this game because of the environment, character design, story AND the fact they promised a system of PVP that could easily lend itself to ROLEPLAYED PVP conflict.  I have yet to see anything that detracts from that promise...and I LOVE to PVP.

So to the poster that said PVPers don't want 'pretty visuals' and those are 'meant for the PVERs', I say you have absolutely no clue WTF you are talking about.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SasamiMasaki said:

Speaking as a roleplayer....

I came to this game because of the environment, character design, story AND the fact they promised a system of PVP that could easily lend itself to ROLEPLAYED PVP conflict.  I have yet to see anything that detracts from that promise...and I LOVE to PVP.

So to the poster that said PVPers don't want 'pretty visuals' and those are 'meant for the PVERs', I say you have absolutely no clue WTF you are talking about.

He was just grabbing at straws. Good to see there are people out there who aren't brain dead.

To sum it up bud you're looking for a PvE game like Final Fantasy A realm Reborn. No forced Pvp from what I have a understanding of and has stunning graphics as well has a subscription fee but most successful mmo's do.

The comment/introduction you made was unneeded. Just to be honest if they got rid of the pvp aspect of B & S I can almost entirely bet you 80-90% of the players would go back to where they came from in the format of there last mmo or a different one. The pvp for me personally is only reason I'm here.

Gl on finding that PvE mmo, I highly suggest you look into FF A Realm Reborn.

I never really noticed this game is PvP focused outside of its e-sport arenas either...I mean, it doesn't feel like a PvE-focused game either, but it doesn't force you to PvP either. You can PvE grind up some gold and buy soulstones and whatever and nyerk. Getting the big-HP shield involves standing in a big group and getting a couple hits in on these NPCs for a couple hours and laugh at anyone who tries to attack you in the process.

I mean, I can live without the piercing bonus and stuff. My world doesn't end without it.

Farming NPCs to spawn bosses to buy PVP focused items, Farming NPCs to spawn bosses to earn items to upgrade your PVE items, the path is the same for everyone.  Piercing seems like a PVP focused stat to me anyways. PVE'ers would want crit rate/attack to hit through high defense, pvpers would use piercing

1 minute ago, Hwannn said:

Actually piercing works against enemy bosses, but its not a tragedy .. leaving a game just for that  is quite... stupid ? (you can easily live without it)

Good to know, i see piercing and i assume its hit rate against players defense/ block stat

4 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

I never really noticed this game is PvP focused outside of its e-sport arenas either...I mean, it doesn't feel like a PvE-focused game either, but it doesn't force you to PvP either. You can PvE grind up some gold and buy soulstones and whatever and nyerk. Getting the big-HP shield involves standing in a big group and getting a couple hits in on these NPCs for a couple hours and laugh at anyone who tries to attack you in the process.

I mean, I can live without the piercing bonus and stuff. My world doesn't end without it.

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and I finally have more posts than you -_-

For those without thought further than their own bias ..

If PvP is where you find your kicks, I am glad for you. You should have all that it can give.

In a PvE/PvP game why are there not equal ways to attain your end game stats in your chosen style of play?

Who said shut the game down?

I get the feeling there are some ignoramuses here who just love to flame; oh yeah - forums.

OP relax. It's not as bad as you think. On Mushin pvp is one sided. Play as blues and you won't have to worry about PvP. Play as Crimson if you want challenge. If you hate arenas do 3v3. If it goes bad, you can't blame your self.  If it goes well, it's a good feeling. I honestly think you are wrong about PvP. Do you hate PvP or loosing in PvP? Think about it and if it's the latter, that can be changed.

Skyfire, 

I am relaxed (I think).

There seems to be some rather unrelaxed people here but I am not one.

As I have said, PvP is not my game in this PvE/PvP game. The problem I and apparently others have is that certain stats and guild progression is dependent on PvP activity without a reciprocal PvE method of attaining the same progression.

I reached lvl 45, have been for a few days. I love the game. I don't love PvP. 

Any questions?

30 minutes ago, Glint said:

Milk makes you fat.

Are you fat?

Pretty lean.  I don't consume excessive carbs.  Don't think too hard on that one.

Good PvP games have good PvP design.  Outside of solely combat mechanics, this game has poor PvP design.  Unnecessary, forced gear grind and dungeons.  Pretty but wasted polygons and excessively flashy moves.  Poor communication of vital combat information ( op4 class at 50 m ).  Dogshit performance.  PvE patches.

Look at Destiny, an admittedly not great game, but one that split PvE and PvP with decent success.

But hey, 

Quick march, left, right, left, right, left; come to attention.

23 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

I like the nyerk reference. >.> 

22 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

Wait what? This game has poor PvP design? This game's PvP is an e-sport in Asia.

Enough money will make anything an eSport.  Look at Paladins.  Dumpster tier game, but what?  $40k tourney pot?  Attracting some serious talent.  At least for that one tourney.

But let me humour you:

40 FPS on a GTX 980 Ti acceptable in competitive how?  In Counterstrike, a single 100 ms sound bite is all you need to recognize all the significant weapons.  In Team Fortress 2, you can identify class and weapon at a glance across half the map.  No connection indicator / inability to pick server for best ping.  Input lag.

Blade & Soul is *cricket*ing up the most basic of the basics.  One or two?  Acceptable.  All of them?  A joke.

No, you prove to me Blade & Soul is a good PvP game.  Outside of moveset mechanics, what does the game do well?

2 hours ago, Afocks said:

We have a guild of mainly PvE'ers who dislike participating in PvP.

With this in mind and the game putting progression behind a PvP wall we have decided to move to another game.

We have been enjoying the PvE game very much and are disappointed to discover that much of the end game and guild progression is only achievable by engaging in PvP.

Our wallets go with us.

Regards

I hate hate Pvp. Games never balance it. One or two classes are always broken. then they try and balance others and break them and the cycle repeats. Or people are just really toxic about it.

Right now the game is fresh and new. There are a lot of ego junkies in the game~ In a few months soulstones should fall in price. Doing pvp dailies can be done channel hopping. Or asking in faction chat if others want to team for them!

Also not all Pvp players are bad. I have met like 2 who killed me saw I didn't fight back and just left me alone...now I won't sugar coat it. If you are found in a channel they will most likely farm you and type "git gud" over and over. Just 3 release and take off outfit and switch channels. The game does offer quite a bit of PvE like cross server dungeons (F8) and the raids being just walk in an participate... PLUS! not sure if it's official, but some people have said the level 50 content has more ways to get soul stones and stuff for PvE players.

1 minute ago, AuraLove said:

not sure if it's official, but some people have said the level 50 content has more ways to get soul stones and stuff for PvE players.

That is interesting, I will surely play to lvl 50 with the expansion but again I will hit that bar where you can can only progress by doing PvP. I hope it is something that can be addressed and PvE'ers are shown the same love as PvP'ers.

Archived