Transferring Items Between Characters?

Swordbreaker

Why is it so hard to transfer stuff between characters on the same account?! This is a standard feature in almost every MMO, yet it's completely absent from BnS. Buy an outfit on the store? Can only use it on one character. Have a weapon you've been trying to get but found it on the wrong character? You're screwed.

I have a bunch of stuff i wanna send to my main character before i delete my alt, but it's impossible because most of it cant be sent even though it CAN be traded. So i'm stuck selling it all and just sending the money to my main character... Not only that, but i'm about to get the Regium Corvus outfit from the wheel, but i dont like how it looks on females. I wanna store it until i can buy another character slot and create a male character for it, but if i claim it on one of my current females, it's stuck there. For that reason, i'm having to delete my alt to make space for a male character to give it to. This is just ridiculous, it's NEVER this hard in any other game. Why are there multiple tabs to the vault (only the primary of which can hold outfits), if there's no account-wide storage? This just doesnt make any sense.

So, is there a better way or something that i'm just missing? Or did these guys really screw this up this badly?

Tradeable items can be mailed to your Main/Alt, As for items that cant be sent but can be traded find someone you trust a lot and get it done. the Regium Corvus doesn't get sent too your current character it gets left in the chest in the bottom right of your screen which is shared across all characters on your account Claim it on whoever you want just make sure your on the character you want it on before claiming from the chest..

Edited by vidgod

14 hours ago, vidgod said:

Tradeable items can be mailed to your Main/Alt, As for items that cant be sent but can be traded find someone you trust a lot and get it done. the Regium Corvus doesn't get sent too your current character it gets left in the chest in the bottom right of your screen which is shared across all characters on your account Claim it on whoever you want just make sure your on the character you want it on before claiming from the chest..

Sadly i dont have any friends that play BnS. I simply dont understand why tradable items arent allowed to be sent via mail, I've already started selling everything, then i'm just gonna send all the money to my main character. As for the Regium Corvus, that's what i mean. Once you claim it, it's only available to one of your characters, and cant be swapped to another character. Same for the Hongmoon Store items. If i pay for it, it should be available to as many characters on the account as i want. Oh well, hopefully there will be enough community outcry to make them add account-wide storage.

20 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

You're supposed to be able to mail tradeable things to alts. It's a known bug that we can't without spending NCoin (and even half the people who've bought NCoin still can't).

No idea when it'll be fixed, though.

Stop repeating that nonsense.  It has nothing to do with NCoin.  Lots of people who haven't bought NCoin can mail between characters.

4 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

Sadly i dont have any friends that play BnS. I simply dont understand why tradable items arent allowed to be sent via mail, I've already started selling everything, then i'm just gonna send all the money to my main character. As for the Regium Corvus, that's what i mean. Once you claim it, it's only available to one of your characters, and cant be swapped to another character. Same for the Hongmoon Store items. If i pay for it, it should be available to as many characters on the account as i want. Oh well, hopefully there will be enough community outcry to make them add account-wide storage.

i don't understand why people are so upset about costumes being per-char only. there are a lot games out there that sell skins, outfits etcpp and they are too characterbound on almost every game.

22 hours ago, dEEkAy2k9 said:

i don't understand why people are so upset about costumes being per-char only. there are a lot games out there that sell skins, outfits etcpp and they are too characterbound on almost every game.

Cant speak for most MMO's, as i'm very choosy when it comes to what MMO's i play, but i know Guild Wars doesnt restrict costumes and skins to a single character. Plus all character share a single gold pool, so it's MUCH more convenient to play multiple characters. It almost seems like these guys dont want us to play multiple characters in BnS

22 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

Cant speak for most MMO's, as i'm very choosy when it comes to what MMO's i play, but i know Guild Wars doesnt restrict costumes and skins to a single character. Plus all character share a single gold pool, so it's MUCH more convenient to play multiple characters. It almost seems like these guys dont want us to play multiple characters in BnS

This may be true NOW but it took over a year for these changes to go into effect in GW2.

I've played GW2 since the beta's. Originally skins were per character (even RMT purchased skins) and were consumed ON USE. So one time use only! If you decided to change the appearance to something else you lost the skin and would have to repurchase. As for shared gold pool, GW2 is about the only one that does this and it was also a year in happening. I'm not saying these are not nice features to have; just that they are not the norm. It should also be said with GW2 unless you do a lot of map completion or were a veteran player when the changes went into effect you only can obtain 3 mute stones per month without spending actual money. One mute stone is used per armor appearance change. With six armor slots - not including your weapons - to change it takes you two months to be able to fully change armor appearance per character without spending additional money on top of the costume prices.

People can fight it all they want but the fact is costumes in most games are PER character once equipped. Some allow trading before it is equipped but not after. Either that or you can purchase account wide options for a higher price.

Edited by Beloved
Oops typo's

On 2/7/2016 at 10:56 AM, rocdog said:

Stop repeating that nonsense.  It has nothing to do with NCoin.  Lots of people who haven't bought NCoin can mail between characters.

I couldn't before I bought Ncoin and I still can't after. 

Please explain to me what "nonsense" you're speaking of?

Only thing that I see as nonsense is your reply to a truthful post.

3 minutes ago, Troska said:

B&S was released in 2012

Ncsoft is disgustingly greedy unlike Anet.

NA gaming mentality is different that other cultures. AKA we're more selfish.

I'm not even going to discuss Anets greed and broken promises on BnS forums.

Does not really change my main point though. Most games do NOT offer account wide costumes unless they charge a higher price.

23 hours ago, dEEkAy2k9 said:

I'm inclined to disagree.  Most games nowadays wardrobe systems seem to be account wide.  Rift, GW2, Wildstar.  It's mostly cheap nickle/dime you to death nexon games that aren't.  (or older games, which is admittedly a category BnS probably falls into.)

4 hours ago, Troska said:

I couldn't before I bought Ncoin and I still can't after. 

Please explain to me what "nonsense" you're speaking of?

Only thing that I see as nonsense is your reply to a truthful post.

If you can't mail after buying NCoin, then NCoin was not the problem, was it?

I have played several games and a shared bank is one of the first things i look for... and the absence of one here is the only thing upsetting me so far...

I shouldnt have to pay for passing items between chars...  Shared bank has not to be huge... just a row is all i need to pass items between chars, so that wont impact or compromise ppl buying dragon trade pouch...

Also there are a lot of games that either allow to pass costumes between char or made them able to be claimed on each char of that account. I havent bought a cosmetic dress yet becuase is one char only....  

If the number of broker spaces are per account why other things arent?  If dresses were account bounded i would buy them... if inventory extra space were aplied on each char on the account i wouldnt hesitate a sec to buy it ..... why would i bother to buy an extra char slot the way these things are now ?

Its only my oppinion... forgive my bad english. Paz y bien.

Edited by PoKTLi

• 3 weeks later...

Send items cross-server by placing a pointless shitty weird grey item you find in the world "TRASH" and place it for like 200g or as much gold as the drawing is and other person buys it.. so the artist places a grey item on market tell other what item is and buyer buys that item, pretty sure nobody else would want a broken weapon for like 20g+?

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2016 at 9:56 AM, rocdog said:

I dont know if it has or not of if it is a bug. I just know until yesterday i was sending items to my alts and now i cant. is telling me the same stupid thing bout the Ncoins and yes, is really frustrated, in regard of the outfits well, there r some that u can trade yes, like the one is being given in the daily wheel but remember that this games doesnt have armors, this is just outfits and if u have to enter a dungeon a 100 times to get it i dont think any game is gonna allow u to trade it, that way ppl would take the time to farm them and sell it. yes even having to go to the trouble all those times, i have seen it in other games. Am a gamer, i have play lots of games and i do agree with the ones saying is ridiculous B&S doesnt have an account sharing system. In any other game u have sections in the storage for it or u can buy tickets with the game currency to open account storage. Even other NCSoft games have it like aion or linage. It doesnt make any sense not having it, making players mail themselves their own stuff is stupid in my opinion and being a bug or not, works or not is even more stupid if they did added the buying ncoins feature to use the mail. I have seen players leave games for less

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Archym said:

Back to the original post:  IS there any way to mail ANYTHING between characters on the same account?

Not everything can be mailed.

If it is "bound to account" then yes it can be mailed. But it usually costs gold, or for costumes certain stamps from F10.

• Hime locked this topic