computer turns off

Ciroc

Ive been playing blade and soul since the open beta. i played normally for weeks with random game crashes when going through portals. they were rare and far apart. like sometimes even days apart. this was no big deal. then not many days ago my computer shut off when i went through a loading screen. This happened like once a day since it started. no big deal since i could just turn computer back on and play more. Please note this only happens on blade and soul and never while playing other games.

Recently though my computer turned off more and more when i went through a loading screen. Yesterday however after i select my character to log into the game i always get my computer shut off after the loading screen loads to about 70%. idk what's happening. it would be one thing for the game itself to crash but its making my computer turn off with no warning or reason. Ichecked my temperatures and they are fine.

Did you try playing other games to see if you're having the same issue?

By the sounds of it, your PSU is starting to take a beating. A quick google search of people having similar problems to you point to the PSU's capacitor having a tough time providing stable energy throughout the computer.

Consider buying a new PSU (and one with great ratings too), don't skimp out on it.

"  Please note this only happens on blade and soul and never while playing other games. "
if i dont start up blade and soul my computer stays on forever. i play league constantly and this is never an issue. it only happens when i play blade and soul and lately it happens when im loading into the game. if i stay on the "character pick/creation" nothing happens as well

League is known to not be a competitively high resourced as Blade and Soul. Sorry, I should've specified.

Have you tried playing other heavy inducing games like Crysis 3, Witcher 3, GTA 5 or somewhere along the likes?

You want to try putting your computer under a stress test to see if this is really the case so we can safely rule it out.

PSUs are something you don't want to ignore if that is the problem. The rest of your computer hardware is manageable and can be eventually fixed otherwise.

i bought my PSU within the last year, it's a bit unlikely that its already malfunctioning. I'm doing a new install at the moment and hoping it might fix it. let's see how it goes.
Also im wondering what other free games i could try so that i can test my my computer shuts off as well. like games that require a lot from my computer such as BnS

This happened too me recently. about 3x. It's probably due to overheating, I checked for viruses, checked all my fans, I even limit the amount of programs I use while playing bns. ever since last weeks maint patch my FPS has been dropped and my laptop has been overheating a lot,. ( this doesn't happen at all when i play other games like TERA, AION, LoL)... T_T 

4 hours ago, Ciroc said:

i bought my PSU within the last year, it's a bit unlikely that its already malfunctioning. I'm doing a new install at the moment and hoping it might fix it. let's see how it goes.
Also im wondering what other free games i could try so that i can test my my computer shuts off as well. like games that require a lot from my computer such as BnS

Tera is free dx9 will create an overheat issue just turn everything up, Archeage u can try it it runs dx9 and dx11 as a way to see if it is your GPU/CPU failing or creating a thermal shut down due to a heavy workload, Running a benchmark like Furmark or something similar with heat monitor apps like MSI afterburner open at same time will do it w/o you downloading 30 gigs of games. 

PSU are built to be disposable, short lifetime of 3-4 years. Hopefully it was nothing more than a corrupted file causing DEP( Something you could disable if your playing games) to do a restart.

I've had this or a similar problem as well, but it's definitely not overheating or power requirements. Two times since the last patch I've just been playing along and randomly my computer just shuts off (the screen flashes white for a fraction of a second first). I know it's not power or heat requirements because I do a good amount of video encoding that will max my CPU for hours or days with no problem, and I've played plenty of other games that max my GPU similarly with no issue. this has only happened on BnS and only since the latest patch/hotfix (or maybe one before that if I missed a small one)

that's why it sounds like Data Execution Protection kicking in, something is throwing a flag making PCs dump RAM and restart. regardless if it is malicious or not. I got locked from a hard drive once due to DEP, after that it can stay disabled. Should be a debug file you can go back and look at, that will show which driver/process made it kick in should that be the case.  

1 hour ago, y3kcjd5 said:

• 1 month later...

Hello! I am also having the same issues. I just installed this game, and when I am about to make a character.. my laptop Lenovo G50 (Intel i5 5th gen, AMD Radeon graphics)  suddenly shuts down. I am using power directly  from the plugged  adapter. And so I attempted to do it two times and the both shut down. I pretty much sure my laptop is not overheating, cos if it did I should feel that it's hot. And I know it's not that hot because when I play other games like Dragon Nest it's gets hotter than that and it doesn't shut down or anything. :((( I want to play BnS so bad. :( I might consider reinstalling it like the other guy did. But if anyone knows the resolution for this issue please tell me. :( Thanks :) 

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem too yesterday and still happening today. Every time I log in the game, it freezes and crashes after. Sometimes the screens black out after that. Then it says the nvidia driver crash and recovering. I did have this problem before until I found out the problem. But every since the new update came out yesterday its started giving me this s--t.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

forgot to say I played Blade and soul when there was cap 45 till lv 50. After the patch with the raid Khanda Vihar I start to have this issue and pc turned off when playing. I had to quit the game, I try to come back now and pc shut down when I started to download the patch 2 and then also inside the game after 10 min or so... with Others game I don't have any problem like I said before and since I played the game before well I believe there is something... hope you guys can found out and help ><

• 1 year later...

BnS stresses the cpu very much (especially in fight) and i can tell that the BnS loading screen! generates temperature peaks on my pc from 55 degrees to 7x degress (my pc is overclocked therefore higher average temperature). I assume these cpu temperature peaks can force the pc to crash (blue screen).