Dochun is dead - this is why character transfers are needed

zubatusedfly

I started this game a few days after release, and started playing on dochun. Back when i started, this servers population was amazing. Now, im lucky if i run into a player at all. Ill be starting on a new server today regardless, but I dislike how the character i spent time on is basically now in limbo because of a population decline. 

I know its been asked for, I know its to complicated. But i would pay money for a server swap feature. I'm pretty sure all of us would at this point. Dochun has not even done the pinnacle of endgame yet, everyone's to concerned with insignia farming. 

I advise anyone that just started in Dochun to delete and start anew. Don't waste more time on a dead server. 

6 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

I started this game a few days after release, and started playing on dochun. Back when i started, this servers population was amazing. Now, im lucky if i run into a player at all. Ill be starting on a new server today regardless, but I dislike how the character i spent time on is basically now in limbo because of a population decline. 

I know its been asked for, I know its to complicated. But i would pay money for a server swap feature. I'm pretty sure all of us would at this point. Dochun has not even done the pinnacle of endgame yet, everyone's to concerned with insignia farming. 

I advise anyone that just started in Dochun to delete and start anew. Don't waste more time on a dead server. 

Is this an NA server ?

2 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Dochun, dead? Not from what i've seen and I just finished my second run through E.Fleet.

See your at e.fleet. im talking mid game range - act 3.

Im always switching channels (i do so to farm stuff on occasion) And i can tell you for a fact the populations dropped drastically. Before anyone tells me to "git good" or anything stupid like that, I don't have as much time as most people. 

Endgames probably flooded, but chat is never active. No one organizes for dragon because "we don't have enough people" (i read faction chat way to much). We are losing more people that are just starting over because no one wants to progress outside of farming insignia. Now it might be a problem with crimson, idk. 

8 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

See your at e.fleet. im talking mid game range - act 3.

Im always switching channels (i do so to farm stuff on occasion) And i can tell you for a fact the populations dropped drastically. Before anyone tells me to "git good" or anything stupid like that, I don't have as much time as most people. 

Endgames probably flooded, but chat is never active. No one organizes for dragon because "we don't have enough people" (i read faction chat way to much). We are losing more people that are just starting over because no one wants to progress outside of farming insignia. Now it might be a problem with crimson, idk. 

We just had 20 or 30 last night from both sides band together to down Sapphire Terror. I'm leveling an FM seen pleanty of people the mid range maps are oddball... lost of ground to cover.

10 minutes ago, zubatusedfly said:

Yes. its NA

Honestly if you do arenas all the time , empty servers are better for leveling .

I leveled one of my pvp only characters on a low pop server that people speak some language that I don't and will never understand (german) .

Just be thankful Arena, Dungeon Lobby and Marketplace are all cross-server. Could you imagine how bad that would be if you couldn't find people for bosses and couldn't find the items you needed from them on the Auction House?

But as @Kaom Said, its 100% better for leveling - especially when you grind the Forsaken Crash Site.

(If you can grind XP For your Hongmoon levels then soon you'll feel so blessed that you're on an empty server, I can imagine hundreds of people taking the best spots)

2 minutes ago, Pumpkin said:

Just be thankful Arena, Dungeon Lobby and Marketplace are all cross-server. Could you imagine how bad that would be if you couldn't find people for bosses and couldn't find the items you needed from them on the Auction House?

But as @Kaom Said, its 100% better for leveling - especially when you grind the Forsaken Crash Site.

(If you can grind XP For your Hongmoon levels then soon you'll feel so blessed that you're on an empty server, I can imagine hundreds of people taking the best spots)

Yeah honestly , when I leveled my alt on this low pop server there wasn't any delay . Combos felt so great and responsive .

The chat was ...kinda clean KIND OF ok ? :D 

Now on higher pop servers , the situation is fairly different depending on the time and the wind ( lol jk ) .

I am on Dochun and I would transfer off in a heartbeat if given the chance. Current end game things such as blackwyrm arent possible. And I have a friend on another server he speaks of something like 9 channels in Misty Woods, we have 2.

As it stands I am unable to level another character because of work.

Ouch, i`m on Windrest we have   22 or more channels on Misty Woods... we regularly farm Blackwyrm and Terrors. I farm about 40-50 terrors everyday, during peak times there`s ppl farming terrors on multiple channels cause they simply get full.

32 minutes ago, Kicker said:

Ouch, i`m on Windrest we have   22 or more channels on Misty Woods... we regularly farm Blackwyrm and Terrors. I farm about 40-50 terrors everyday, during peak times there`s ppl farming terrors on multiple channels cause they simply get full.

Thats all anyone needs to read to see theres an issue. 22 channels vs 2.

Windrest is the most populated EU server correct? I think they should offer server transfers to low pop servers though and judging by the recommended servers list Junghado and Dochun have the lowest pops. Though I think Dochun is a lot of casuals. I'm currently leveling an alt account on Dochun and have seen a lot of players leveling. In some zones there are 6 channels so might want to hold off on calling Dochun dead.

12 minutes ago, Ripperino said:

Windrest is the most populated EU server correct? I think they should offer server transfers to low pop servers though and judging by the recommended servers list Junghado and Dochun have the lowest pops. Though I think Dochun is a lot of casuals. I'm currently leveling an alt account on Dochun and have seen a lot of players leveling. In some zones there are 6 channels so might want to hold off on calling Dochun dead.

The only zone I've seen with more than 2 is The Scorching Sands. I lie though, we sometimes have 3 channels, justnot in zones that actually matter.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:52 PM, Babbletr0n said:

Just took a look and Dochun has a very healthy population.  Try finding groups to play with via Clans, Party Finder, Faction chat, etc.

Is it just me or did everyone miss this post?

How can you be sure its dead? I think if anyone knows the server statistics, its people that work on the game. Maybe you are logging in at awkward hours, or maybe the server has people from a different region in it?

I think so. They just need to bite the bullet and merge Junghado and Dochun. Give guilds renames if they are not unique and allow transfers off overpopulated servers like Mushin to these servers maybe provide an incentive as well to get people to move. Dochun can't even down Blackwyrm. That should tell you something.

Archived