What games do not give slots for sub?

Troska

What other games DO NOT give extra character slots to those who have a membership/sub?

Just curious because my experience is very limited.

• WoW 11F / 11P
  • SWTOR 6F / 16 Preferred / 22P
  • ESO 8F / 8P
  • LOTRO 2F / 7P
  • Rift 2F / 6P
  • Wildstar 2F / 12P
  • EverQuest 2F / 8P

Some of these are per server, some are in total, which means a whole lot more slots.

*F = Free Player

*P= Paid Sub/Membership

*Preferred = Box

I feel that currently Premium is a little lacking and should include a few extra slots (that would be deactivated if you fall back to free).

Of the 7 games you list only 2 are under 4 years old.  This is a new era.  Companies are charging for more & more.

Just to add in Devilian gives you 2 slots, free or play it is 2 so the same as this game.

Get used to it, it is how things work now.

25 minutes ago, Calidel said:

Of the 7 games you list only 2 are under 4 years old.  This is a new era.  Companies are charging for more & more.

Just to add in Devilian gives you 2 slots, free or play it is 2 so the same as this game.

Who cares how old a game is, that makes no difference. Prices and features can be added or altered at any time.

No this isn't a "new era" lol

Get used to it? That's moronic. Unless you're an idiot, you vote with your wallet.

If something has low value for the cost, people won't buy it. Either costs go down or value is added. Or they go out of business.

Honestly, I'm actually sorta surprised *any* game gives slots for pure sub, as different from giving slots for preferred/box/first purchase/etc.  That seems like sort of a logistics nightmare.

I mean, what exactly do they do with any character in that slot when the sub runs out?  You can't play it anymore?  Seems like that'll run into a whole lot of CS headaches if the wrong characters get locked out or w/e.

1 hour ago, Troska said:

Who cares how old a game is, that makes no difference. Prices and features can be added or altered at any time.

No this isn't a "new era" lol

Get used to it? That's moronic. Unless you're an idiot, you vote with your wallet.

If something has low value for the cost, people won't buy it. Either costs go down or value is added. Or they go out of business.

I am afraid it is a new era.  Companies are giving away less and less.  Sure don't pay for more slots, don't sub that is your choice but I do not expect it to change anytime soon.

And YukiNagato, however many people left the game matters not, the fact is that for both free & sub you get same amount of slots.

Plus as GnatB said, don't be surprised in future if for free accounts on games you see 1 or maybe even no slots, requiring you to at least purchase 1 to play.  Again don't give them any money, maybe in time games will start going back the other way with slots, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, Calidel said:

I am afraid it is a new era.  Companies are giving away less and less.  Sure don't pay for more slots, don't sub that is your choice but I do not expect it to change anytime soon.

And YukiNagato, however many people left the game matters not, the fact is that for both free & sub you get same amount of slots.

Plus as GnatB said, don't be surprised in future if for free accounts on games you see 1 or maybe even no slots, requiring you to at least purchase 1 to play.  Again don't give them any money, maybe in time games will start going back the other way with slots, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.

BDO is new and gives 4 slots. Anyway, games with lots of restrictions do not last long or have a very limited player base.

Devilian (or Trion in general) is the perfect example of how your "new era" doesn't work, at least in the long term.

P.S.

A free to play that can't be played without paying (0 slot = you can't play) can't be advertised as free, it would be a scam.

2 hours ago, Calidel said:

A game released 4 years ago is part of a new era?

Well lemme add two more games

PWI - All slots were free and they were increased with the release of new classes (though the game had no sub/box, and is P2W)

TERA - F2P got a max of like 3-5, Founder/P2P Founder got all slots, Elite same as F2P

When the pre-order founder packs were out you'd get like 203 extra slots with Masters, plus NCoin for the difference that wasn't made up in items, and thus could buy extra slots to max it to 7. I wish the game gave 'em all out like PWI, I mean asking for money to play all characters is going the MOBA route imo and I hate MOBAs. :D

Archived