Speedhacking?

Honshu

Sorry for the shit pic quality, didn't know how to get my B&S screencaps out of the ingame screencapper and upload it to the web, so I just puushed it. Unfortunately, I had no video recording software ready to go at the time, so pic is mostly just there to show the names involved with the fight incase the GMs can look through some logs.

Anyway, so in 3v3, we fought a Summoner  at about 1:20~am PST, and there was obvious speedhacking of some kind going on. Whenever our characters got close to the summoner, he'd start warping around as if lagging, get to a corner, and just resummon his pet. It absolutely ruined an otherwise good match.

Anyone else fought this  guy and seen similar things? I would have reported him, but I literally could not figure out how to so I'm just making this thread to bring awareness to what kinda shenanigans may be going on.

Is this a joke mod?

Who exactly are we supposed to report this shit to if there's no way to report this garbage ingame and you're just going to censor us? Hackers deserve to be shamed and we have the video to prove that's what he was doing.

Ban me then, *cricket* mod. What a joke.

Just now, Turkwise said:

Oh no, someone that spent their time ruining a game for other people might have their FEELINGS HURT, what a calamity.

its just that it makes NO SENSE to try to get someone banned in a damn forum post. Doesnt it make more sense to submit a ticket so this can go straight to the people that handle this? general discussion topics arent a framework to report users ffs. the level of childish bs that comes from this forum every day is cancerous. every time i decide to come here i get a migraine within minutes..

Maybe you haven't noticed but most games MMOs like this tend to have a very easily accessible way for people to report players for reasons like this, Blade and Soul does not. Where else do you expect people to relay this stuff if they don't have any idea where the proper place is because it was never properly conveyed?

2 hours ago, Honshu said:

Sorry for the shit pic quality, didn't know how to get my B&S screencaps out of the ingame screencapper and upload it to the web, so I just puushed it. Unfortunately, I had no video recording software ready to go at the time, so pic is mostly just there to show the names involved with the fight incase the GMs can look through some logs.

Anyway, so in 3v3, we fought a Summoner  at about 1:20~am PST, and there was obvious speedhacking of some kind going on. Whenever our characters got close to the summoner, he'd start warping around as if lagging, get to a corner, and just resummon his pet. It absolutely ruined an otherwise good match.

Anyone else fought this  guy and seen similar things? I would have reported him, but I literally could not figure out how to so I'm just making this thread to bring awareness to what kinda shenanigans may be going on.

all bots by default already has speedhack and teleport, then surely there should these hacks separated for use.

1 minute ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We understand your frustration, but we cannot allow players to name and shame each other like this on the forums.

If you believe a player is using a cheat or an exploit please report them to Customer Support.

Thank you

bots arent real players. it's all done by a machine, such rules dont fit this case.

gameguard doesn't work, and the identity of those who hacks is protected by NCSoft...

guess there's gonna be lots more hackers to come then...

sadly all i see is legit player getting banned. when can we see these hackers get their time to be banned ??

Hi,

I'm a forum moderator for a game that deals with naming and shaming a lot. A lot less then it used to be, thankfully, but I hope I can help explain with a quote from our forums.

So the No Naming And Shaming rule is in place to protect users that may not actually be hacking. Hackusations are like poison. Once somebody is accused of hacking it is hard to recover or even defend yourself. While some players are obviously hacking, enforcing this rule needs to be very black and white. If we begin to allow it in certain cases we develop a gray area of supporting naming and shaming which can spiral into allowing it altogether. It is significantly better to direct all hacker reports to Support who can actually determine if a player is hacking and deal with the player as needed.

So it is definitely a very black and white thing and it is designed to keep the reports where they belong, in the hands of the GMs, and the forum clean from personal attacks and bickering.

Whether or not the hacking is obvious, allowing it at all does create a gray area where problems can spring up.

Excuse me but in no way I will remove names from a video of an online game that I'm playing. The recorded image is my footage, and nobody else got rights about it. And as the characters in the video are not real people but characters, with no means to link these characters to the person behind the keyboard, I am not violating any policy or law.

Incomprehensible moderation (at least for me) like this will only enrage the players and encourage the hackers to continue with their behavior.

You don't tolerate naming and shaming right? Cool, if I need to show the community a peculiar action of other player, then it will be allowed? Or we are prohibited to any mention about other players, of any kind?

"Hey look at this guys, what an awesome feat this destro managed to do, bla, bla, bla... master loot, bla, bla, bla, looking forward to play with him again".

There is no "Report" option in-game other than spammers and bots.

There is no "Report" button on forums as wel.....

Also, you should include the "No naming and shaming" policy in your Code of Conduct.

Nobody is asking you to edit your video. Players should report directly to support if no other options are available. There is no report function on the forums because the forums are not the correct place to report a player.

Try here. https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I literally went to the website. Clicked support. Then Submit a ticket.

This article may help you some to understand how game forums work. http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/14/why-you-dont-have-freedom-of-speech-in-wow/

Naming and shaming generally means you are trying to REPORT a player for doing something generally not allowed. Feel free to talk about players, their feats and their skills. But if you are wanting NCsoft to take action against a player it doesn't belong on the forums. It belongs in a ticket to support.

If I want to report a forum post, I need a report button. Period.

In this forum talking about someone else, without intent of getting any actions against this person is not allowed. If I want to explain how X player scammed me, so others know who they are dealing with, my post will be edited. And this is independent of submitting a ticket to report the player.

By the way thank you for the links, I did not  have any issue with any user, and I am perfectly capable of open a ticket by myself. I never said other.

14 minutes ago, Ballantin said:

Also, you should include the "No naming and shaming" policy in your Code of Conduct.

Harassing or Defamatory Content
For the same reason, harassing, bullying or defamatory content will also not be tolerated. Throwing around insults or targeting individuals or groups with malice has a negative effect on everyone’s experience in the forums.

Also you can generally call for a moderator in most forums or send them a PM.

Hi @Lock6, this is an example of tagging a moderator for Ballantin's benefit.

Again you are making asumptioms.

It is not harassment to explain to others, abiding to the truth, what happened to me in-game, and the people involved. And it is not a "malice act" as long as I don't advice or advocate how to deal with this people involved. Even if I am not allowed to express my opinion about this hypothetical situation, I should be able to just tell the story. 

Again, thank you for showing me how to tag another forum user. I didn't asked for it nor need it. Believe it or not, it is not the 1st forum that I use.

Don't complain that you can't do something and then get sarcastic when you are told how you can do it. I understand that you have used forums before, but you statements make it seem like you have never had to deal with a moderator before.

It is harassment if you are intending to defame another user for their actions. It is up to the moderators to determine whether or not it crosses the line in their code of conduct or in a case by case basis. I am explaining all of this to you because you either are intentionally ignoring the implications of what Lock6 said above, the code of conduct you have read or you are actually misunderstanding what has been stated and explained.

Just trying to help. Say what you mean and there won't be unnecessary explanations.

Archived