Speedhacking?

Honshu

I know you are just trying to help, but I do not agree with your point of view, and I think that the moderation team also got an incorrect point of view in the matter.

Defamation is to make false statements about some person, group or organization with the intent of harming they or their reputation.

Telling the crude and raw truth is not do defame someone. 

As for me, today I met a destroyer in the arena who was obviously using some kind of a hack. He stood still the first round and waited for me to kill him. Then, the second round, he knocked me down - i used escape, but got knocked down again. Then, he 100-0'ed me with only basic attacks in below 3 seconds with me being unable to do anything. No, I don't know *cricket* about destroyers, but I am quite sure that's not how they are supposed to work.

3 minutes ago, CaptainKaladin said:

Ballantin, The reason I linked that article to you is because it isn't up to you or any other player what is allowed on the forums. It is completely up to NCsoft and the moderators. You don't get to make that choice.

That's right, but then they need to be clear in their code of conduct, and don't tag as defamatory post that are not. If I abide to the stated rules, they should allow me to post it.

12 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

As for me, today I met a destroyer in the arena who was obviously using some kind of a hack. He stood still the first round and waited for me to kill him. Then, the second round, he knocked me down - i used escape, but got knocked down again. Then, he 100-0'ed me with only basic attacks in below 3 seconds with me being unable to do anything. No, I don't know *cricket* about destroyers, but I am quite sure that's not how they are supposed to work.

He was probably using animation cancelling attacks, that is, cancelling the animation of one attack with another one, over and over... This is allowed and some people even claim it is the "advanced" way to play.

Even with 10 ping, i doubt it's possible to 100-0 somebody with aa cancelling as destro.... I am playing a Blade Dancer and i also can cancel a few attack animations with my lightningsurge LMB/F spam, but 100-0 somebody in the duration of one stun or knockdown? That's not happening.

1 hour ago, Ballantin said:

That's right, but then they need to be clear in their code of conduct, and don't tag as defamatory post that are not. If I abide to the stated rules, they should allow me to post it.

It is the moderators decision when something crosses the line. Rules are always enforced at the moderators discretion.

Archived