I love BnS but it's starting to go downhill

Miyaki

1 minute ago, WarBaby2 said:

No accusing you of anything, I was just contemplating the term "p2w" in general...

Alright sorry if I took it the wrong way. :) I don't agree with the yelling P2W every time something hits the cash shop lol  To me P2W is something that is better than what you can get in the base game with time that effects game play.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you should have changed the title to "What Do You Think Of It So Far",.

Like Skylar I too played Tera, rng boxes came to the game, and you could no longer buy individual items, it was just a money grab, and, imo help to kill the game, because peeps wanted the choice of buying just that costume, or just that mount, or skin.

They did not want to waste there money on a lucky dip, so I for one wont be buying any.

Ok, so you want the devs to hopefully take notice if we shout about what we dont like so far.

1) I dont like the auctions screen keep popping up in the dungeon when Im in combat it is stupid, save it all until the end.

2) I would also love just one key that I could press to put away my weapon, and, not keep walking about like the hunchback of notredame where it slows me down, and I get killed.

3) Pleeeeeeze dont ruin the game, by p2w, as many will just leave.

4) In CB players could bypass the tutorial, it would be great if you could bring that back.

5) Maybe Im just ruddy unlucky when it comes to spin the wheel, but please increase the costume, and correct weapon drop for class cb was far easier.

It just spoils the flow of the game when like me I farmed 110 stones on the deva wheel, and just managing to get weapon, and costume % sux.

I dont think the game is going downhill yet, and I would not like it to go that way, so devs take note you have a great game here, dont follow other mmo,s like Archeage, and Tera.

15 hours ago, Evident said:

Why do RNG boxes even bother people? They dropped prices on soulstones / moonwater trans stones by over half what they were before hand. As a free to play player I love these boxes I can full Siren really cheap now :D

Because it *cricket*s up the economy in other places and drops the value of items in it (ex: Soulstones) for the players not buying the boxes. It's a naive belief you hold there, it's going to feel like a benefit to you in the short-term, but it's bad for the economy as a whole, just like low oil prices.

There are always going to be players content with a failing design. The best design is not the path this team is following. 

Numerous game designs I recommend the developers to observe are Neverwinter, Dungeon & Dragons, SWTOR and Guild Wars 2. Heck isn't GW2 part of their game's list?

It was doing great right until RNG boxes.

Pay2win and those godawful pieces of..., all in one tidy little package.

Well, you made it 3 weeks NC. 3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Sparkyte said:

There are always going to be players content with a failing design. The best design is not the path this team is following. 

Best? Let's not aim too high. "Acceptable", might be a good start. Even "Not pants-on-head retarded."...

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

It was doing great right until RNG boxes.

Pay2win and those godawful pieces of..., all in one tidy little package.

Well, you made it 3 weeks NC. 3 weeks.

Best? Let's not aim too high. "Acceptable", might be a good start. Even "Not pants-on-head retarded."...

I used a negative statement, it's not the best. I merely stated that this isn't best path for an MMORPG. It might make them money immediately, but it'll kill the game.

Just now, Sparkyte said:

I used a negative statement, it's not the best. I merely stated that this isn't best path for an MMORPG. It might make them money immediately, but it'll kill the game.

Yes... I'm agreeing with you. Reread.

If I drop $1000 on RNG boxes and come out with a truck load of moonwater transformation stones to upgrade gear or sell for gold on the market.  That definitely falls into the pay to win situation.  The cosmetic piece that drops, not really pay to win, but transformation stone are highly sought after right now due to the huge requirement sitting on them for upgrading your gear.  Soulstones as well.

Another way of thinking of it, the boxes are destroying the server economies for the crafting players ( I don't craft myself, just pointing it out for those that do )

16 hours ago, Miyaki said:

First of all as stated in the title I really enjoy my experience with Blade and Soul so far and spent quite a few happy hours with it. However I am afraid things are starting to go downhill and once it starts a game can go down the drain really fast. I saw this happen to Archeage which was one of the most anticipated MMORPG releases in the west at its time. It started with small things like little stuff in the cash shop that people didn't like and little gameplay changes but everyone that played the game knows it got downhill really fast during pretty much one single patch, namely the release of the new continent and some P2W aspects.

With the addition of the RNG boxes I see the same small signs in BnS already and I don't like it. It scares me.

So as a shoutout to the devolopers, publishers and any god responsible for gaming, please don't make this game a cashgrab like Archeage or Rift. You can make this game into a long living money printing machine if you handle it right or you can do the one time cashgrab and ruin the game for you and the community if you do it wrong.

As a shoutout to the community, if you like what they are doing I don't mind that's your opinion and I can't change it. BUT if you are afraid of the little signs be it RNG boxes or some gameplay decision (didn't notice any bad ones there but Archeage really made me paranoid) raise your voice in a way the devoloper is able and willing to hear. I won't ask you to vote with your wallets because that never worked but let the developer know what you think about new implementations and changes.

Also, I bought the masters pack and let me say the following: Even if they turn the game into a P2W cashgrab I regret nothing because I didn't buy the pack expecting to get the perfect game but I rather bought it to show the developer that I supported what they did at the time.

It's quite easy, honestly, in every single mmo game you can earn money by buying cash shop items. Same for this one. That's how MMO's work. On the other hand, you can easily make money without doing so. For example: Exploiting Brightstone ruins Merry Potter recipe's. I've been duo'ing the ruins with a friend for like 5 hours and we got 4 recipe's aka we got 120g each on that day (now people figured that one out and we only make like 70g a day each)  You'd have to spend over 500$ to get 120g from the cash shop atm. Secondly: This game works with Hongmoon points aswell, which are sheer in-game money only.

Honestly, nothing's going down hill. When Zen Beans and Mushin's Tower get released, people will make even more money.

Third: You got the 'pay2win' shit all wrong, pay2win literally means getting a certain item that gives an unfair advantage over free players are unable to get.

Selling transformation stones is going to kill that aspect of crafting in the long run. Why bother with it, if people are just going to purchase their transformation stones in the cash shop? That really isn't how it's supposed to be.

Same goes for soulstones. Prices are dropping and that's definitely not a good thing. It might seem that way at first glance, but most people rely on selling soulstones to make gold, so the less soulstones are worth, the less people can afford and eventually, many will end up broke and unable to upgrade their gear any further.

the game isn't Pay to win? Buying an RNG box doesn't make you win? Where's the win? If someone could explain how you win from the RNG box, please tell.

Premium aint worth it since queue times dropped; daily dash is done; xp boost is nothing since character is 45; etc. Bank space would be nice. Windstride cooldown reductions would be good too.

I'm not going to get the gamble item, it's retarded way to buy something. I would have bought the outfit for 15 bucks upfront because it's one I wanted..and that's cause well, lyn female has literally no costume choices that look nice.  So long story short, they can go F themselves lol

If the game ever goes pay to win I'm out. The RNG boxes I currently don't have an issue with but will never purchase because I like purchasing what I wan't to use not something that gives me a chance to give me what I want, and we all know it never happens anyway.

5 minutes ago, OldMansChild said:

the game isn't Pay to win? Buying an RNG box doesn't make you win? Where's the win? If someone could explain how you win from the RNG box, please tell.

Premium aint worth it since queue times dropped; daily dash is done; xp boost is nothing since character is 45; etc. Bank space would be nice. Windstride cooldown reductions would be good too.

You get easy money or resource by buying for RLM - to upgrade your stuff? Erm P2W?

By your lax attitude, paying for 500more dmg in arena would still be OK, since win is just convenience as long as you get to play.

It isn't pay 2 win but it doesn't mean its a good business practice either. It's basically virtual gambling at its finest, buy our box with a chance for something that will probably not drop but don't worry you can buy more then one!

Its a greedy ass tactic that i cant abide by... i actually regret buying a character slot now... i dont want to support a company that resorts to this kind of bull. 

2 minutes ago, Samyaza said:

You get easy money or resource by buying for RLM - to upgrade your stuff? Erm P2W?

By your lax attitude, paying for 500more dmg in arena would still be OK, since win is just convenience as long as you get to play.

Easy resources is fine. I'd rather play the game for that stuff. I mean premium gives some gold drops from mobs and quests and I haven't heard people saying that is p2w.

No, extra damage or stats would be pay to win by definition. You get easier wins because you paid. How is that hard to understand?

1 minute ago, LordLokai said:

It isn't pay 2 win but it doesn't mean its a good business practice either. It's basically virtual gambling at its finest, buy our box with a chance for something that will probably not drop but don't worry you can buy more then one!

Its a greedy ass tactic that i cant abide by... i actually regret buying a character slot now... i dont want to support a company that resorts to this kind of bull. 

If the RNG boxes don't sell well, they won't produce more RNG boxes in the future because they'd make more money producing other cash shop items. I'll never buy RNG boxes, as I too don't want to gamble for items with cash. But I'd still want to buy other things if I saw them as worth it.

Archived