Remove repairs

animekitty

1 minute ago, Geoffuri said:

You do know that its part of the economy...

Blacksmiths craft repair items for a cheaper price than npc.

HAHAHAH HAHAHH ECONOMY!

first they needed to fix the broken economy... and make all profs viable then we can talk....

2 minutes ago, Houlon said:

Do you mean arena? If so you are aware that you can use any weapon and just let it break and leave it.

It makes no difference.

^ That.

Seriously, repairs are not hampering anything. item durability has no effect on performance until it hits zero. And as stated in PvP you can fight with 0 durability item and be fine. Repairs have little to do with immersion and just a resource expenditure.

15 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

you want to render a craft obsolete and plummet the crafter into poverty? selfish much? better still maybe your weapon durability should hit zero once you die.

Yes because other mmos that knew this item breaking system was stupid and removed it have made crafting obsolete right? They simply need to make a better crafting system to replace this annoying mechanic.

1 minute ago, animekitty said:

Yes because other mmos that knew this item breaking system was stupid and removed it have made crafting obsolete right? They simply need to make a better crafting system to replace this annoying mechanic.

Other MMOs that removed such systems don't have much crafting to begin with. But then again, very few MMOs actually remove this facet of MMO life.

If npcs didn't give you 1 copper for everything repairs might not bother me as much. Repairing gear is a common thing in mmorpgs these days I feel, even in many other games repairing stuff is a thing, whether it cost money or materials.

Maybe not removed but lowering the price of how much it costs to repair would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Neurotic said:

If npcs didn't give you 1 copper for everything repairs might not bother me as much. Repairing gear is a common thing in mmorpgs these days I feel, even in many other games repairing stuff is a thing, whether it cost money or materials.

Maybe not removed but lowering the price of how much it costs to repair would be nice.

Unless you are doing something terribly, horribly wrong, you should be able to go days without needing a repair. You don't have to repair just because you get the warning box you can actually wait for your weapon to break before repairing it.

5 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Unless you are doing something terribly, horribly wrong, you should be able to go days without needing a repair. You don't have to repair just because you get the warning box you can actually wait for your weapon to break before repairing it.

Nah I make money just fine, repairing my weapon is just an annoying thorn in the side all the way through leveling up. it's never been a problem for myself but I can see how it could be for other people.

Just throwing out my 2 cents.

Just now, Neurotic said:

Nah I make money just fine, repairing my weapon is just an annoying thorn in the side all the way through leveling up. it's never been a problem for myself but I can see how it could be for other people.

Just throwing out my 2 cents.

You'd have to explain it then because unless, again, you are doing something terribly horribly wrong, most people won't even see repairing as a requirement until level cap because they will be using breakthrough's and each time your weapon gets a new look it's durability resets.

Archived