European players Treated like Second-class citizens

Lickage

Just now, Juniio said:

Why am I paying for a Premium Membership when the maintenances takes up like 80% of my game time. I am already paying for a set amount of days, not game time. They're just trying to steal money from me with this kind of approach

That is true also - so far they owe us around a days worth of play :( By the time the server is back up, and I have managed to log in and actually get onto the game, it will be time for me to go to bed, since I will be up for work tomorrow at 03.30 (actually, that makes this a whole day of me not being able to play) :(

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arenanet is by far my favorite developer when it comes to maintenance/ downtime. And no, i am not even playing gw2.  Other developers should follow their example. I know different game, infrastructure etc, but still..

These EU times are horrendous.. We just had a 4 hour maintenance on the 27th, only 2 days ago...

They really need to do something about these EU times honestly. Even Trion is capable of doing maintenance for EU on a completely different time than NA for ArcheAge, usually they happen at 2-3 am GMT which is 5-6 pm PST for the EU region, which is perfect. (NA maintenance also happens at 2-3am but PST, which is the same in BnS)

So annoying doing maintenance for both NA and EU at the same time.. :/

59 minutes ago, GreyAzazel said:

You think Europeans have problems? Try Western Australia ... right in the middle of the evening when a working man can start playing all the way till bed time :/

you don't get it.. most of my f2p guildies have super long waiting lines as maintenance ends on a friday evening at 5.30 when all ppl get home from school and work..
so they probably won't get to be ingame till midnight. 
As a premium player and officer in my guild this means i get to listen to ppl complain about the fact they can't play in mumble all night while trying to keep them from ragequiting

So unfair really. Why not do 1 udpate during european/oceanic times and 1 during US times then to compromise it. This is just like 10 hours wasted in 2 days this week. But well, ncsoft DOESN'T LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY. Even Jagex listens to community more. 

10 minutes ago, Kipsatee said:

you don't get it.. most of my f2p guildies have super long waiting lines as maintenance ends on a friday evening at 5.30 when all ppl get home from school and work..
so they probably won't get to be ingame till midnight. 
As a premium player and officer in my guild this means i get to listen to ppl complain about the fact they can't play in mumble all night while trying to keep them from ragequiting

I bet you that que is total poop. They are pushing people into paying for premium. Thats how it always been. Take a great game and *cricket* it all over and *cricket* people over so they can drink their fancy scotch.

If you think they don't listen to the community you should have experienced the Spanish community managers of Age of Conan. I got a copy of the game when it got released some years ago to write a review, and I ended completely shocked due to the behaviour of the community managers: they just keept deleting every single message wich was not a praise to the game, deleting every single complaint on the forums even if it was a reasonable and respectful one, and banning people just to make the impression everything was perfect. The company took a couple of months to fire the staff and hire new people, but at that time the damage was already done and the spanish community was completely gone. I've never seen anything like that before, and gladly haven't seen anything like that since then.

Anyway, back to what we were talking, I hope NCSoft can do something about this maintenances in the middle of the day, I hope they can move them to late at night (or early in the morning) like in the USA. If it's a logistic problem I'm sure they will find a solution if they want to, if it's a technical problem then it will be hard, and I'm afraid we will see many more downtimes at this time of the day.

2 hours ago, Toshiwoshi said:

Couldn't agree more. It's a total disrespect for us European players. I understand they do this to do all maintenance at the same time, but they should change it here en Europe, we don't deserve to be treated as second class players. That's not the way to go, I hope they change soon.

ever think of the people havign to add this stuff  u know urre asking them to work the graveyard shift 

Well why don't your all go play WOW then (and pay for it) lol, maybe you forget that no matter what someone has to pay for these people when they have to be at work, why don't you start to think about other people as well and come on it is just a game.... no the end of the world.. or maybe it is to some people :)

Yeah - I'm sure that's the problem. NCSoft had a revenue of 680 million US$ in 2012 - Which should be around the same or even higher right now. If we say 40€/hr during

nighttime due to bonuses that's an incredible 320€ for 8hrs work at nighttime/person. Sure - Someone has to pay them since NCSoft doesn't have any money :(

All we ask for is taking EU players a bit in to consideration.. I mean the launch event was NA based since the game launched 6 AM in the morning for me CEST (GMT+1) I stayed up the whole night to watch the launch event and to play the game for a phew hours @ launch but ye I bet manny europeans missed the launch + event.

As a european myself  I am starting to feel like a second-class citizen within the Blade & Soul community.

Hi, as an active player from EU i would like to ask why u r raping EU ppl with maintenance multiple times a week? Why cant we get it in the middle of the night instead of in the middle of the day? Is it because u have to do it at the same time as US maintenance or what?

This is literally the first time I'm seriously thinking about disputing all my purchases related to an mmo. It's like, maintenance almost every day EXACTLY when I get home from work for 5 hours. Then there's the days I had to spend hours fixing issues with razer synapse, first turn it off, now we need to have it on or it won't start, but then we need to turn it off or we crash. Thank you, Every time I decide to come home instead of doing something else just to play blade and soul it's down for maintenance. This is an EU server, maintain it in EU TIME. Although I have no idea why we're bothering, they won't listen, as long as the $$$ are pouring in our opinions don't matter.

15 minutes ago, Distorted said:

This is literally the first time I'm seriously thinking about disputing all my purchases related to an mmo. It's like, maintenance every day EXACTLY when I get home from work for 5 hours. Then there's the days I had to spend hours fixing issues with razer synapse, first turn it off, now we need to have it on or it won't start, but then we need to turn it off or we crash. Thank you, Every time I decide to come home instead of doing something else just to play blade and soul it's down for maintenance. This is an EU server, maintain it in EU TIME. Although I have no idea why we're bothering, they won't listen, as long as the $$$ are pouring in our opinions don't matter.

Well if we don't bother with it nothing will happen and we just let them walk over us like some sort of trash... I shout out to everyone to express there feelings over this matter both NA, EU and Oceanic players cause it would be ashamed this amazing game would die because of this issue. I'm not giving my money untill I'm treated the same as all the other players within the B&S community.

WOOOOOOOOOOW. So much gamer entitlement in this thread. You guys should be happy at all that NCWest lets you give them your money AND let you play a game even for a little bit. It's ridiculous how many people are crying about these maintenance times. I hope they keep them down all weekend and run your premium times out and not refund any of it. Maybe next time you'll know better than to complain to your overlords.

/s

NA player here, the Maint times are great for me since I'm working but man I feel bad for Europe and Oceania players.

So far this week it's been 11-12 hours down time that I've counted maint for 9.5 and some other crashes and restarts since the weekend, if i brought premium i'd be unhappy because that's 11-12 hours time I paid for that I didn't get.

The thing is I wont be bothering with premium at all as I manly game from 12:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT and the game has maint and goes down the most in this window, I'm sure there are many others like me who think the EU servers should have maint at time that is considered down time in the EU like 02:00-06:00 GMT or CET and as that is not the case will not be paying to play.

4 minutes ago, OuchThatHurt said:

So far this week it's been 11-12 hours down time that I've counted maint for 9.5 and some other crashes and restarts since the weekend, if i brought premium i'd be unhappy because that's 11-12 hours time I paid for that I didn't get.

The thing is I wont be bothering with premium at all as I manly game from 12:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT and the game has maint and goes down the most in this window, I'm sure there are many others like me who think the EU servers should have maint at time that is considered down time in the EU like 02:00-06:00 GMT or CET and as that is not the case will not be paying to play.

Exactly. My prime time is also between 12:00 up to 21:00 and if the servers are down twice a week within this window for a total of 10 hours. Then why should I bother buying premium-membership.

As someone who has played games published by NcSoft, NO it will not change. No matter how much you complain, how many threads you make, etc., NcSoft will NEVER change maintanance times. 

Do yourself a favor and just let it go. Pay up and be happy you got something.

Harsh but helpful.

Archived