NA vs EU

Shîro

>.> what are you bitching about. It's 9pm whenever they do maintenance here where i am, so 5 hours later it will be 2am (i am not going to stay up to 2am and wait). Most people play in the late afternoon into the night, which means i only get about 4 hours of game play before maintenance. And you're crying that the maintenance is in the middle of your day.. you can still play after its done. ITS THE END OF THE WORLDDDDD!!!!! :'(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, You should also consider what they are implementing with this maintenance. Do you think that the Admins woke up today and though to them self's its a nice day to do a maintenance? 

They are adding what we asked for more anti-spam bots functionalities ,  and a new server.  don't start thinking that this things happen in mare seconds. it has a necessarily long procedure for it to happen.

You actually need to work a hour more to get a lunch break ? Idk in my country you work 8hours -30min lunch break and get paid for 7.5hours.
Back to maintenance time- you really think it is best time? How many people do you think play from 11am-3pm and how many play from 1am-5am hm ?

1 hour ago, Sir Useless said:

Guys, You should also consider what they are implementing with this maintenance. Do you think that the Admins woke up today and though to them self's its a nice day to do a maintenance? 

They are adding what we asked for more anti-spam bots functionalities ,  and a new server.  don't start thinking that this things happen in mare seconds. it has a necessarily long procedure for it to happen.

Funny World of warcraft had no problem doing maintenances from 3am to 11am (still better time then half day from afternoon)

10 minutes ago, Shîro said:

Funny World of warcraft had no problem doing maintenances from 3am to 11am (still better time then half day from afternoon)

NcSoft NA doesn't have the man power World Of Warcraft does.  NcSoft is most likely maintaining EU servers remotely so that means they have to take them all down at the same time. Since this is NcSoft NA is obvious the time would be beneficial to NA people. You guys could petition to get it sent to gameforge if they can't provide EU friendly times?

3 hours ago, Shîro said:

I told it before game started. NA will always have a priority for them and EU will be soon pushed away into gamefail arms, as they did with Aion. Look at that... NA had beta sooner, had more weeks, have better looking costume from daily dash (even head rose?) and now they can't even get EU normal maintenance time and they are sorting it by NA. Yes no problem lets give EU players 2 maintenances in row 4 and 5 hours in the middle of the day! WHY NOT?!
Srsly I knew it, I said it and everybody was telling me "that's not true" well wait and see as I said before listen to my words now...it will get worse, and really soon.
R.I.P EU

Night Luna is better... Stop whining about stupid things and just focus on the stupid maintenance times!

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

2. NCSoft is an AMERICAN company hence AMERICAN time is leading for maintenance, doesnt matter if its EU, China , Asia.....if the company is situated in NA the times will be NA.

An they have EUROPEAN servers. Looks at other companys before saying stupid things.

Surely the majority of EU are at work or school during this period anyway? So while some people will be affected, the vast majority won't be - so doesn't seem as bad a time as it could be. There'd be just as many complaints if it was done in the middle of the night.

As to the outfits - I'd have said the EU outfit is better.

2 hours ago, Shîro said:

Which means you are NCsoft-fan or troll, because I doubt that any EU player would like this maintenance time.

Maybe take a shower, go out the house and have lunch with someone instead of complaining and insulting people on the forum. You and other people at home during the day are in the minority so doing maintenance now is better.

2 hours ago, FrostyOblivion said:

Did you forget about the hour long lunch break during your 8 hour shift?

Also, you really need to understand the world doesn't revolve around any particular country. If NCSoft was based in Europe, I'm sure we'd have wonky ass maintenance times too, but they're not based in Europe, they're based here. Deal with it. I live on the east coast and I'm not too happy about the 3 hour difference in the time zones, so I can imagine how someone in Europe would feel, but that's just the way it is. In order to maintain what amounts to equality between the regions in terms of when content is available, you must deal with the difference in the time zones.

That is the funny thing tough. They are working @ 3 AM in the morning... Don't tell me that are NORMAL working hours in NA? :)

37 minutes ago, Mosich said:

An they have EUROPEAN servers. Looks at other companys before saying stupid things.

it doesnt matter if the servers are european, both regions share the same client hence updates need to be simultaneous for both.

49 minutes ago, Shîro said:

Love how NA player just doesn't give a shit about us EU :) Didn't expect less from America people ;-)

Am from EU. And its my last day off so I wanted to level another character for dailies. So yeah it sucks.

But then again am not a spoiled brat who needs to throw a tantrum on a floor everytime something doesnt go his way

Well as much as i don't agree with maint. at this hour and they could easily just do it by night,once a week i don't personally mind it. not like the world will end. I also have a job and my working hours are not so great, 9 hours without lunch break, 1 day morning shift,the other day afternoon. But do you see me crying bcs of this maint. time? nope.

Grow up a bit,not playing for few hours once a week bcs of maintenance is no big deal. Sure atm it's not only once a week but you also have to consider game just got released 2 weeks ago,it will take some time to adjust everything,being that more spammers,botters or whatever protections utility they need to implements,just have some patience and stop being a little whiny kids.

I kind of understand why the EU player base feels neglected. There are a few issues I have with the OP's opening remarks.

1. They wanted to have Beta's with both servers up but the EU datacenter was still hashing out details when the deadline came up.

2. As stated before, both costumes will be available to both versions.

3. I do agree that maintainence is sort of an issue, in that they can't do them separate so maybe switching between the two would be nice. The issue i see in this is paying for overtime for the entire staff as they do maintenance, which if has issues means a big pay out.

I do think we need to show EU the same level of respect as NA. I would be willing to suffer maintenance times to try to even the displacement. I do however feel that some of the complaints coming from across the way are venting frustration, and make me feel like EU wants to be able to blame NA for things. I understand though, there is an entire region that loves and wants to play the game, yet there are some days they sit down and find that for the next X hours they can't.

and waste double the time and double the resources....for applying the same patches.

What would you say if they did that on February 10th? NA would already be playing new content and EU would have to wait another 1-2 days for maintenance to get it. Would you make a topic then "Why NA gets the content first?" ?

Not like other MAJOR MMO company's do this right...

Oh.. wait they do.

Just now, Grimoir said:

it doesnt matter if the servers are european, both regions share the same client hence updates need to be simultaneous for both.

/facepalm

Im not gonna explain you nothing, as i sayed, just look at bigger companys, somehow they are doing maintenance in different times, which depends on region.

Almost 10h of maintenance at day in last 3 days is just ridiculous.

2. NCSoft is an AMERICAN company hence AMERICAN time is leading for maintenance, doesnt matter if its EU, China , Asia.....if the company is situated in NA the times will be NA.

NCSOFT, Korean company established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea

NCSOFT’s reach has expanded to include offices worldwide including locations in Korea, Taiwan, China, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. 

http://us.ncsoft.com/uk/about-us/

Archived