Im i the only one that is unimpressed by this game?

Zherot

I just got to the starting area of the game where you actually meet other players etc, meaning i pretty much did the tutorial, and i felt it was pretty generic, i mean i dont know it just feels non apealing at all, i do liked all the options in character customization i had more fun doing my character than playinh it.

The combat feels clunky, i dont know why and then when i started seeing the "evaded" messages on my hits was like really?, Tab targeting still in this day an age?, i thought this game was going to be more like Tera and mind you i dont play that game if you think im a fanboy of that game well you are wrong here, i dont play it because 1, p2w, 2, gender locked classes, 3, every time they releaze a new gender locked class is OP too, i only played it a short time though but the combat was better than this.

The graphics dont look bad but i dont like them somehow, they dont impress me and i feel like im stuterring everywhere even when im supposedly reach 60 fps almost everywhere but those stutterings feel like the game is not well optimized.

Well thats my impressions with the game so far, good thing i didnt had any queues like when i tried to play Wildstar which was pretty boring too.

You don't even have 1/5 of your skills yet,let alone to enchant them and you feel the combant cluncky....name a single mmo that is not very annoying before you gain some levels,skills and gear...pff.

Anyway -1 to queue,bye,FPS seems to be your best choice to go.

hey zherot have you got the game in blade and soul mode or normal mode by chance because there is no tab targeting and the game is like tera with no mouse cursor in blade and soul mode, I think you are playing with normal mode try swapping and seeing how that goes

Just now, Teffy said:

You don't even have 1/5 of your skills yet,let alone to enchant them and you feel the combant cluncky....name a single mmo that is not very annoying before you gain some levels,skills and gear...pff.

Anyway -1 to queue,bye,FPS seems to be your best choice to go.

Since i have met my first fanboy, hi, and bye now.

Just now, nemein said:

hey zherot have you got the game in blade and soul mode or normal mode by chance because there is no tab targeting and the game is like tera with no mouse cursor in blade and soul mode, I think you are playing with normal mode try swapping and seeing how that goes

Dont even know, will check that later.

1 minute ago, Zherot said:

So

Since i have met my first fanboy, hi, and bye now.

Dont even know, will check that later.

So he pointed out why your opinion is flawed and he's a fan boy, so everyone that disagrees with you a fanboy? 

In anycase, an impression based on the tutorial and newbie area isn't really much to consider really, I'm not sure what your objective is in posting your impression. Are you asking about what its like after the newbie area? Are you looking for other people's opinions? 

Just now, Eminence said:

So he pointed out why your opinion is flawed and he's a fan boy, so everyone that disagrees with you a fanboy? 

In anycase, an impression based on the tutorial and newbie area isn't really much to consider really, I'm not sure what your objective is in posting your impression. Are you asking about what its like after the newbie area? Are you looking for other people's opinions? 

r u from not aion 

23 minutes ago, Zherot said:

I just got to the starting area of the game where you actually meet other players etc, meaning i pretty much did the tutorial, and i felt it was pretty generic, i mean i dont know it just feels non apealing at all, i do liked all the options in character customization i had more fun doing my character than playinh it.

The combat feels clunky, i dont know why and then when i started seeing the "evaded" messages on my hits was like really?, Tab targeting still in this day an age?, i thought this game was going to be more like Tera and mind you i dont play that game if you think im a fanboy of that game well you are wrong here, i dont play it because 1, p2w, 2, gender locked classes, 3, every time they releaze a new gender locked class is OP too, i only played it a short time though but the combat was better than this.

The graphics dont look bad but i dont like them somehow, they dont impress me and i feel like im stuterring everywhere even when im supposedly reach 60 fps almost everywhere but those stutterings feel like the game is not well optimized.

Well thats my impressions with the game so far, good thing i didnt had any queues like when i tried to play Wildstar which was pretty boring too.

I guess you don't recall what it felt like playing World of Warcraft from lvl 1-25.  
I recall it being slow and boring as hell with all quest being "go kill this and collect this".  
At least this game the battle it fast paced and the graphics are enjoyable. 

Coming from Everquest i found that combat here was much more dynamic i was use to have skill on lines instead of letter like here and cool combos.Not sure why you find it unmotivating.Took me a bit to get all those letters and know how to kill mobs but i'm getting the heck of it.Never had to use so many letters in combat before.

The combat system in Tera is slow at first few level too. When you got more skills to do combo then it's better. It's the same with Blade and Soul.

The different is the damage system. In Tera, the damage apply to all the mobs that your weapon hits. Blade and Soul only apply damage to the target mob. I think the combo system in Blade and Soul is better than in Tera. But Tera range attack is better designed than in Blade and Soul. In Blade and Soul, when the range AI target you, all their projectiles will hit you no matter where you run or try to avoid(except using counter skill). In Tera, you can avoid those projectiles that are coming at you.

Tera also don't block those basic functions such as sending mail and money drop from mobs from free users. The loot roll is better too in my opinion. Blade and Soul also have too many limit (40 daily quest per day is not enough for those who completed the main story quest, only 10 items are posted on market per day is a weird idea too).

Just now, Vanra said:

The combat system in Tera is slow at first few level too. When you got more skills to do combo then it's better. It's the same with Blade and Soul.

The different is the damage system. In Tera, the damage apply to all the mobs that your weapon hits. Blade and Soul only apply damage to the target mob. I think the combo system in Blade and Soul is better than in Tera. But Tera range attack is better designed than in Blade and Soul. In Blade and Soul, when the range AI target you, all their projectiles will hit you no matter where you run or try to avoid(except using counter skill). In Tera, you can avoid those projectiles that are coming at you.

Tera also don't block those basic functions such as sending mail and money drop from mobs from free users. The loot roll is better too in my opinion. Blade and Soul also have too many limit (40 daily quest per day is not enough for those who completed the main story quest, only 10 items are posted on market per day is a weird idea too).

Yeah, bassically this combat is tab targeting which i dont like, i guess im uninstalling this now, bye.

Speaking as a level 12 player with no interest in PvP, some parts are slightly better than TERA while some parts are slightly worse. Overall, I think TERA is slightly better but I've also played it to death so I'll have some fun with BaS for now.

+ Questing is a bit more fun. Way fewer "Kill a stupid number of X" quests and even when you do have a kills quest, it's not nearly as grindy. Also, nothing quite spices up a kills quest like being given a damn flamethrower or shotgun to complete the quest with (ok, they called it a speargun but, let's be real, it was a shotgun skinned to look like a speargun). I was actually sad when that quest ended and usually you're like "finally!" when you finish a long kills quest.

+ Combat is a little more brutal. In TERA you're really only threaten by BAMs and bosses at or above your level while in BaS normal enemies can bang you up a bit if you aren't careful. You also can't spam tons of healing pots here.

+ You can heal outside of battle with food... And your character actually sits down and eats it... And as a Lyn I am *cricket* adorable doing it. <3

- Combat isn't nearly as solid. TERA's enemies have impact and a physical presence while these enemies you just dance around/through and give/take damage pretty much at random. I mean, when an enemy telegraphs an overhead swing I expect the damage to be delivered in a narrow arc in front of them so when I dodge around to their back and still take damage I feel that there's no real point in dodging.

- Combat controls are kind of clunky. I have a Razer Naga and in TERA I set all my controls to the number pad on the side of it and those are my controls. Period. The end. In BaS you have a partial hotbar and a second hotbar that sometimes appears, you have skills that are sometimes there and sometimes contextually replaced with other skills, you have Q and E... It's not hard to use it's just not as intuitive.

- A lot of the costumes aren't to my style and nothing is dyeable so I feel the customization is fairly limited. TERA also has a retail box that gives you 8 char slots per server, a fully unlocked bank and a bunch of other goodies for like $15-20 while BaS has no such value bundle.

23 minutes ago, Zherot said:

Yeah, bassically this combat is tab targeting which i dont like, i guess im uninstalling this now, bye.

Wait for black desert to release or go play Vindictus. They have the perfect fighting style for you. No target tabs, straight hag and slash MMos. I like this game. The fighting is not that targeting at all but it definitely doesn't compare to those two games.

5 minutes ago, SilentCaay said:

Speaking as a level 12 player with no interest in PvP, some parts are slightly better than TERA while some parts are slightly worse. Overall, I think TERA is slightly better but I've also played it to death so I'll have some fun with BaS for now.

+ Questing is a bit more fun. Way fewer "Kill a stupid number of X" quests and even when you do have a kills quest, it's not nearly as grindy. Also, nothing quite spices up a kills quest like being given a damn flamethrower or shotgun to complete the quest with (ok, they called it a speargun but, let's be real, it was a shotgun skinned to look like a speargun). I was actually sad when that quest ended and usually you're like "finally!" when you finish a long kills quest.

+ Combat is a little more brutal. In TERA you're really only threaten by BAMs and bosses at or above your level while in BaS normal enemies can bang you up a bit if you aren't careful. You also can't spam tons of healing pots here.

+ You can heal outside of battle with food... And your character actually sits down and eats it... And as a Lyn I am *cricket* adorable doing it. <3

- Combat isn't nearly as solid. TERA's enemies have impact and a physical presence while these enemies you just dance around/through and give/take damage pretty much at random. I mean, when an enemy telegraphs an overhead swing I expect the damage to be delivered in a narrow arc in front of them so when I dodge around to their back and still take damage I feel that there's no real point in dodging.

- Combat controls are kind of clunky. I have a Razer Naga and in TERA I set all my controls to the number pad on the side of it and those are my controls. Period. The end. In BaS you have a partial hotbar and a second hotbar that sometimes appears, you have skills that are sometimes there and sometimes contextually replaced with other skills, you have Q and E... It's not hard to use it's just not as intuitive.

- A lot of the costumes aren't to my style and nothing is dyeable so I feel the customization is fairly limited. TERA also has a retail box that gives you 8 char slots per server, a fully unlocked bank and a bunch of other goodies for like $15-20 while BaS has no such value bundle.

About the combat, a ton of enemies actually turn around at the last second and hit you even if you time the dodge correctly.

it is tab target but only if you set the controls to classic mode if your using blade and soul mode its not so those of you saying its tab target - stop playing in classic mode maybe then talk till then your opinion on that one is ill informed and rather unintelligent also every mmo is slow and clunky at first its not till your past AT LEAST level 10 typically that you even start getting enough skills to link together in any mmo i have ever played and considering that i have played a few - including aion, tera, L2, ff14 arr, guild wars, gw2 and a number of others the fact that your knocking it on that makes me wonder about weather you even tried it or your just out to badmouth something for the sake of flaming or just unwilling to think beyond 10 seconds from now - draw whatever innuendo you please i dont really care -but my honest guess is your just lacking in knowledge and experience so my advice to anyone else who reads this is to disregard it its pretty invalid and shallow in every meaning of the word i can apply to this situation

1 hour ago, An0nymouse said:

RIP Raiderz, I miss you and your combat, i hope it gets resurrected in a game one day x.x until then, b&s it is.

Raiderz had a pretty solid combat system. It is extremely sad that Maiet was so mediocre at handling the game. BnS is a good game, but one does not simply forget Raiderz.

I love it when people go on these forums and make a self-entitled post "I'm not impressed" or "I'm leaving" without even playing longer than 15 minutes. Offer a suggestion for improvement or move on; you're just telling us you don't like something and that opinion doesn't matter if other people are enjoying.

1. This isn't a tab-target game. Projectiles lock on to you. You can dodge those or evade them. There is also an Evaded stat. 

• When you use the term tab-target, it means you are LITERALLY hitting tab to target or clicking the mob.

2.  The combat is action-based like TERA. It has it's differences, but it's an action-based combat system.

3. No one cares if you enjoy TERA or are a "fan-boy"; it's irrelevant to the discussion. I'm sure there are plenty of teens playing the game, but there are plenty of people in their 20's that don't give a damn about you enjoying or not enjoying another game.

4. If you don't like the visuals - don't play. Not everyone is going to enjoy how something looks. If you didn't like the graphics, why did you even download the game? There are videos out of gameplay that have been out there for around 4+ years that you can see in 1080p and 60 FPS.

• If you feel like your FPS is bad, go in the Player Support board and request some assistance. If you have an i5 processor and a good graphics card, you should be able to get 60 fps most of the time. Change your settings if you have to, use AMD/Nvidia Control Panel to change your settings - otherwise update your rig.

TL;DR: All-in-all, it sounds like you've made up your mind. It might be best to uninstall and save everyone, including yourself some trouble and stop playing. This isn't the game for you.

Archived