For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

A consumable that makes an outfit tradeable between character forever and ever (and can we get rid of a money cost when mailing things to our own alts, while we are at it?) would be okay for me, depending on the price. Outfits are kind of expensive in this game, so if they cost as much as an outfit itself I don't see it being used much.  But it would be akin to having a 'buy for whole account' option (except less intuitive), so I find it acceptable.

A consumable that only renders it tradeable once is a no-no and will never be used. Ever. At all. Except by two or three crazy white-knights.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, hahaha. This is the funniest thing I've read thus far! I have literally spent.. what $300 now. I have no qualms with spending money on something that I want. Sure, ok, I was suckered in with some things here and there but, nonetheless, I got what I want.

Now that I am max, True Profane 10 (cause aint nobody got time to buy those expensive Moonwater Transformation + 10 gold for breakthrough?!! LOL No thanks), I've come to a stand still. The 6-man Poharan doesn't offer me anything anymore - I have the complete set of Soul Shields albeit I could perfect the rolls but, I digress. The 4-man Poharan which I thought has at least a WAY BETTER chance of getting the outfit but, nope... also none of the other bosses in this dungeon drop anything worth having - literally blues lol  So, I thought ok, maybe I'll do Blackwrym, nah, can't do that because ALL of the freaking Channels are always full. I've been 45 before launch and I've yet to freaking hit Blackwyrm - God, I wish I can switch server or something. PVP? Well, I read people ask for "Trade Kills" for faction daily - lmao - is this what NCSOFT intended? So, now I can't even access my Wardrobe so I can at least stay in one channel til I die so I can chance upon Blackwyrm. The outfits are freaking expensive even for someone like me that has no problem dropping cash but, THIS? Are you for real, hahaha. So, I get to BUY something that is CONSUMABLE so I can trade to MYSELF something that I ALREADY BOUGHT WITH REAL CASH? Awesome. Oh, and I do absolutely love having to block 50 bots only to have to release ALL of the names so I can again block the new ones because apparently, I don't have anything better to do with my time but, to police the freaking chat something that NCSOFT should be doing or whoever and whichever entity that is responsible for this game.

I have played alot of games but, wow... congrats :3 I jumped ship before that wreck called Wildstar sunk to the bottom of the sea and now, I guess you guys just don't learn lol. Alright fanboys, I know I know *bye no ones gonna miss you* but, remember, go back to the Wildstar forums and read the exact same thing people say until people did leave and the fanboys were left to play with themselves. All of a sudden it became free to play and YET, it's now completely forgotten. Very hard to redeem yourself when you alienate your customers.

I agree with outfits being account bound.

Bonus if you can just claim them on all characters without having to swap them.

I do not agree with the idea of a consumable to let them be traded, except in the circumstance you do make all outfits account bound and tradeable with your alts, but require the consumable to migrate old costumes, and even then it shouldn't be a purchase.

The new consumable will unbind the item from one character but will bind it to the one you send it too.

This is logic. They need to make money to give us content, keep the game alive, if the costumes were account bound that you could just mail them around then all you need is 1 costume and thats it and they would not make any money.

Most games all have character bound costumes so i do not see why all of a sudden everyone is crying here.

It a sane and logical business decision,

9 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The new consumable will unbind the item from one character but will bind it to the one you send it too.

This is logic. They need to make money to give us content, keep the game alive, if the costumes were account bound that you could just mail them around then all you need is 1 costume and thats it and they would not make any money.

Most games all have character bound costumes so i do not see why all of a sudden everyone is crying here.

Not at all, most games even allow selling the costumes. I can list them for you and their respective market strength in straight comparison. Why would I spend 15 bucks on a character bound outfit when I can play another game where 5 bucks gives me a tradeable one. NCsoft hosts GW2 wich has a very strong account sharing function, but clearly they just took over the game design and have no sense about the actual marketing decision behind it.

For now I'll hold off on buying anything, because I can't be sure the unlock price will be within sight of sanity or when they'll implement the feature. If anything, the only people who can confidently spend on cosmetics at this point are those who have one clear main character and those who just throw money at cash shops indiscriminately.

Paying for entertainment is not a problem for me. I just refuse to get gouged by ravenous monetization methods. If I feel I'm getting a good deal, I'll spend happily. I won't buy gamble packs or pay for the same thing over and over.

I like the game and a few of the outfits, but I won't be buying any of them unless an account unlock becomes available either as part of the purchase (as one would expect from a $15 "micro"transaction) or a small one-time cost. Buying a consumable item over and over just to move around an outfit I already paid for is not an acceptable method.

This issue is likely to turn more than a few happy spenders into unhappy customers and needs to be sorted out ASAP. There's nothing sane or logical about driving away your customers.

17 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

How about this:

Account bound costumes, 5g mailing fee.

There ya go, be carefull what you wish for, it can come in any way and form.

U are misunderstanding that we are the consumers, if we don't get what we want, we dont pay...

5 minutes ago, Ather said:

U are misunderstanding that we are the consumers, if we don't get what we want, we dont pay...

I do get that, but....you need to keep in mind you are just 1-10 out of 100.000's consumers they have...if you dont pay they wont notice it. Saying "i pay for the game so i demand..." is a bit feeling too entitled dont you think?

48 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Agreed. All the more so considering that we can earn the majority of the paid costumes in this game for free. People mention Guild Wars 2, which does have wardrobe, but like this game you either pay for the ability to change cosmetics out or you earn them over time. SWTOR has some account traded cosmetics, but the majority must be unlocked on each individual character for a cost per character, or they can be unlocked account wide for a larger cost. Vindictus you must buy your outfit per character. TERA, per character, though they can be sold on the AH.

The majority of games do NOT have account traded outfits at no cost, and many do not have the ability to unlock them account-wide at all no matter how much you spend. NCSoft handling it this way isn't ridiculous. It will be nice if they add in the ability to unlock them for your whole account, but even if they do not, being angry about it is just ridiculous. Utterly.

19 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I do get that, but....you need to keep in mind you are just 1-10 out of 100.000's consumers they have...if you dont pay they wont notice it. Saying "i pay for the game so i demand..." is a bit feeling too entitled dont you think?

3 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

Agreed. All the more so considering that we can earn the majority of the paid costumes in this game for free. People mention Guild Wars 2, which does have wardrobe, but like this game you either pay for the ability to change cosmetics out or you earn them over time. SWTOR has some account traded cosmetics, but the majority must be unlocked on each individual character for a cost per character, or they can be unlocked account wide for a larger cost. Vindictus you must buy your outfit per character. TERA, per character, though they can be sold on the AH.

The majority of games do NOT have account traded outfits at no cost, and many do not have the ability to unlock them account-wide at all no matter how much you spend. NCSoft handling it this way isn't ridiculous. It will be nice if they add in the ability to unlock them for your whole account, but even if they do not, being angry about it is just ridiculous. Utterly.

Vindictus has tradeable outfits (glamor/AH), TERA has them (AH), GW2 has them (outside of some event stuff).

Wait what? I think this was something entirely different than I first though.

You don't want costumes to be soulbound, but accountbound? Sure, that's a way to do it, but I think that would mean costumes "should" be like 3x as expensive, or maybe more.

It's fine that you have to get costumes to individual characters.

What I thought people meant was that they needed to be tradeable... So that, for example, I buy a costume with my money, and then I put it up on the "auction house", so I get ingame money. Or to personally trade an item that hasn't been bound yet, through normal trade.

That is something that must exist, it drives a f2p economy.

16 minutes ago, Ather said:

Vindictus has tradeable outfits (glamor/AH), TERA has them (AH), GW2 has them (outside of some event stuff).

Teras costumes are character bound. You can trade them but not use them on other characters unless you server transfer and it re-binds them. you can trade them from the shop because they are bind on equip however tera does not have a gift option in the shop as opposed to blade and soul and also tera has no currency exchange, those are the factors, you are supposed to buy the money from currency exchange and then buy the costume yourself instead of trading.

@seio12

You have an option to directly gift them in the item shop thats why there is no trades for them. cause people are supposed to use the currency exchange and instead of buying the costume from a player they should get the ncoins and buy it themselves. thats the whole idea behind B&S

While a single individual saying it isn't that much, Grimoir, the sheer amount of people that are echoing this sentiment shows a large trend in the community. This thread (and the forums as a whole) essentially acts like a freeform, opt-in survey. While this kind of a survey generally captures a higher degree of people being displeased than what the actual population has, it can still be used to reasonably predict the overall trend in a population. With how this thread currently looks NCsoft and Team Bloodlust will have a problem on their hands if they continue how they seem to be right now.

I would like to add my voice as well to NCsoft. You have two camps of people that have an effect on your income: those who see these issues as non-issues and will continue to spend money (no net change of money from them as they would keep spending money regardless), and those who feel alienated and taken advantage of who will no longer spend money (a loss). The message that NCsoft is greedy and money-gouging and don't listen to their players is quickly gaining momentum. It would be prudent to do something exactly the way the community wants in order to retain customers and some good-will of your playerbase. Will they gain some quick up-front cash if they do whatever they want? Sure. But to make the most money in the long run they should probably focus on keeping their playerbase happy and willing to spend money.

@Rukkirii

Rukkirii, please, please make the people making these business decisions understand what the community wants and the possible ramifications of not following through on these demands. There are waves of people saying they're going to leave this game (or at the very least, not spend extra money) due to the players feeling insulted by how greedy some of the business decisions have been so far. The community is where they gain their money. If NCsoft doesn't listen to you, their Community Manager that they hired specifically to convey feelings and sentiments between the playerbase and the devs in order to make informed decisions, then they're fools. They hired you for a reason, and if they ignore one of their most valuable employees because little dollar signs are blocking their view then they might as well just dig their own grave.

7 hours ago, Roda said:

-snip-

Agreed. I'd prefer it if they just did one flat premium bonus and add a monthly allowance of nc/hongmoon coins. The .5% chance to get a venture token out of a box is not nearly enough. The way the whole thing is set up right now seems very grabby.

I'd also be more inclined to accept the idea of having costumes character bound if I didn't have to plunk down 15 euros. 15 euros for a character re-edit too? Too much.

Can we get some proper love for the dolphins here?

Do not get me wrong, I completely understand the point. But there is actually no issue here….

Let me explain this a bit:

costumes are non-tradable when bought from the shop – Players see this as an issue because they cannot buy and resell the costume for in-game gold.

B&S is build around the option of currency exchange, meaning instead of item shop items you can sell directly your Ncoins. Why would you need a tradable costume if someone can just buy the coins and get it himself on any character they would like? You still get gold for your coins and they get their costume, you wont even need to spend a single $ in the game to get all the costumes since you will be able to do it with gold.

This has way more benefits than having the items tradable. Season costumes wont go on market and be severely overpriced so players wont get ripped off. Whats seasonal stays seasonal. The chances of scams are way less, saves you time and money from porting from person to person.

Most players are just used to system that’s in other games, well here it works different, you cant really work the market here like you can do in tera where a xmas costume price goes into crazy amounts, and I bet that’s why most want the items tradable, so they can hoard up some of the costumes and sell them later for a higher price because they wont be available for a longer time.

There is a problem created where there actually is none people are just upset because they cant make super easy gold with a cc swipe as opposed to for example Tera.

19 hours ago, Grimoir said:

-Condensed stuff-

Actually, what I mostly see is that people want to be able to send their outfits to their own multiple characters. They feel like they purchased a product and are then being told they can't use it how they want. It would be like getting two pets from a pet store and then buying a collar, only for the people at the store to tell you that you can only put that collar on one specific dog. You would whistle a merry tune and ignore them for the idiots they are, get home, and then switch the collars however you want because they don't have a right to tell you what to do with the item that you purchased. Now, there's definitely a difference between digital goods/services than a real physical item, and that main difference is that for digital goods they can actually enforce the arbitrary rule. Just because NCsoft can make and enforce this rule, that doesn't really mean they should. People bought a product and so let them use it in whatever way they want as long as it's within reason. What constitutes "within reason" can be debated, but I feel that line is drawn between "You can switch it between your characters" (aka account-bound) and "You can trade it to whoever you want for whatever you want". The reason for this line is that someone can take maximum enjoyment from their own purchase without letting someone pull out their wallet, buy an outfit, and then sell it for items/money which many people feel is a way toward pay2win (myself included).

People simply brought up being able to freely trade between other players as an example of how other games have done it so NCsoft can gauge the overall effectiveness of... well... not doing it how NCsoft is currently doing it.

Yeah, nah I already spent money on a outfit, why should I have to spend more just so I can use it on a different character? It's bloody stupid. There's no way in hell I'm buying the same outfit twice to use again for a different character.

Archived