For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

Better question:  Are the "costumes" really even costumes?

Costumes are clothes.  Clothes can be transferred.  Right now, I can take off my jacket and let anybody else wear it.  These Hongmoon "costumes" cannot be transferred.  This means they are single use consumables, like a potion.  I feel that NCSoft has intentionally named these potions costumes so they can con an extra few sales from lesser informed players who think they are getting costumes.

As long as these "costumes" cannot be transferred between your own characters, we should all call them "single-use potions" to devalue and damage the Hongmoon store.

It's not a single use item, since it does not expire and can be equipped on the selected character at any time forever. It is just a costume, and the ones in the Hongmoon Store are for a unique appearance in return for supporting Blade and Soul.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned putting weapon skins in the wardrobe. Either no one likes weapon skins or people are okay with one-time-use weapon skins.

You can always check the ones sold in the Hongmoon Store and see if they are dropped anywhere. Most dungeons tell you what drops there anyways.

Oh this is just lovely! as if it wasn't bad enough already they gave us half the game by cutting content and classes. It sounds as if they want to just suck all the money dry out of their customers with all these poor decisions, thinking player base must be really desperate to just throw money away like this to some greedy company who keeps showing their teeth. As if the farming wasn't bad enough already and now we get to pay to get something we paid before, suuure... makes sense! AND its just been what, a month? GET IT RIGHT! this is a "NA/EU" release, prepare and act accordingly.

This is why your games always fail, but you still got time to make it right.

This game is a joke honestly. This the greediest implemented microtransaction  system i have seen a while. And the fact that they want to charge us money to transfer costumes (which we paid so much money for) is *cricket*ing disgusting. Who came up with that thought and how is that even acceptable? Do they think this little plan is not going to gain negative attention? Charge me to use something i bought on the same account. This game is some sort of bad joke that i will be dropping when black desert releases and after the mod said they want to charge us to use our costumes across our characters doesnt give me the slightest hope for the future. Just a flashy game looking for every possible way to exploit us!

Honestly 4 years for nothing. A lot of skills and content not in game yet... Warlock weapons making me grind twice as hard?? You had 4 years to get your shit straight! I won't be spending a penny on this game anymore. I'm gonna watch them brag about how many bots they have in their game and they are gonna use that as a market tactic. 

The lack of communication is also terrible. You want all of my money with all the shady business practices going on that are as bright as day. Good luck BnS. And goodbye NCSOFT when black desert releases. Enjoy your bots though!

1 hour ago, Sanjhiyan said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned putting weapon skins in the wardrobe. Either no one likes weapon skins or people are okay with one-time-use weapon skins.

We often overlook many flaws when we are in love with something, but... Charging us for simple things like account bound wardrobe or whatever that new "pay-us-again-tactic" is to be called which is outrageous and i hope that i'm wrong here and its gold and not real money, without mentioning half released state of the game and that few slots of sad sad bank/inventory space, i mean, the costumes alone are super expensive already... next thing we know there is gonna be a 10 Ncoin optional fee to spin the wheels! (I bet they already thought about this one!)(Don't o_O)

MMOs need to strive to be BETTER than the competition, its only common sense, anything less and you will drop faster than  ArchAge. You see all the commodities other MMOs have? take them and make them better, then take our money without trying to grab our whole arm= Profit.

Now im not here to defend NCsoft, I would like account-bound costume as much as anyone else here, but lets look at this objectively. If NCsoft makes costumes account bound, they loses out price of outfit*amount of character you have amount of money. That from a business perspective makes zero sense, which is mostly why i think no matter how much we complain, account bound costume will never happen.

On the other hand, these costumes are freaking expensive. Normally a costume like this in F2P games are usually around 10 bucks, but here it goes up to 18 dollars! If we want to hope realistically, we probably would want to hope for a lower price rather than account-bound costume. At least on price we have the ground of comparison to argue against NCsoft.

17 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

Now im not here to defend NCsoft, I would like account-bound costume as much as anyone else here, but lets look at this objectively. If NCsoft makes costumes account bound, they loses out price of outfit*amount of character you have amount of money. That from a business perspective makes zero sense, which is mostly why i think no matter how much we complain, account bound costume will never happen.

On the other hand, these costumes are freaking expensive. Normally a costume like this in F2P games are usually around 10 bucks, but here it goes up to 18 dollars! If we want to hope realistically, we probably would want to hope for a lower price rather than account-bound costume. At least on price we have the ground of comparison to argue against NCsoft.

Not at all. People are less willing to buy the same thing multiple times especially if they are expensive. I don't understand how and why you think this. Isn't NCSOFT going to continue to release new costumes? Why are we forced to dwell on the old ones? How many times does a single person have to pay for them to profit? And why do many popular mmos have account bound item/clothes? I guess they must be struggling huh? 

I really dont think you spend money on BnS. No sane person would not feel guilty after paying premium price again for the same costume. We bought it once and thats enough to profit off of it. You don't understand how economics/business works. Peoples main complaints are the hongmoon store itself! The game does not encourage you to continue purchasing items.

For example say if a relatively new players bought one costume on one character and the 2nd slot is occupied with a lv 15 toon. They end up in not being able to enjoy a new class for a full week, having to decide which toon to delete, or buying another slot. And if you do delete the character with the costume on it, it would be like burning your money on fire for a virtual item! And if you are like me it was a tough call because i had an assassin with 40 bucks spent on her lv 32 and a KFM lv 37 who i liked way more than assassin. Then i tried to delete my kfm and it said 7 days.. not 3 days.. 7... to promote their slots. I mean they even have the purchase tab for the slot right under it too.

you dont go about making a f2p game then finding every way possible to include microtransactions into nearly every aspect of the game. It's disrespectful to the free base players. 

And the paying players get spit on in the face with these expensive non account bound costumes.  

8 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

Not at all. People are less willing to buy the same thing multiple times especially if they are expensive. I don't understand how and why you think this. Isn't NCSOFT going to continue to release new costumes? Why are we forced to dwell on the old ones? How many times does a single person have to pay for them to profit? And why do many popular mmos have account bound item/clothes? I guess they must be struggling huh? 

I really dont think you spend money on BnS. No sane person would feel not guilty after paying premium price again for the costume. We bought it once and thats enough to profit off of it. You don't understand how economics/business works. 

You would be incorrect in your last assumption, I purchased the Master pack and several costumes after that. You are not wrong in assuming that people are less welling to pay for same costume twice, but that doesnt mean there arent people who dont do it. As long as there are people who would purhcase the same costume twice, NCsoft would have no reason to make the costume account bound.

Also im rather ignorant on this matter, but which game exactly has account-bound costumes?

2 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

You would be incorrect in your last assumption, I purchased the Master pack and several costumes after that. You are not wrong in assuming that people are less welling to pay for same costume twice, but that doesnt mean there arent people who dont do it. As long as there are people who would purhcase the same costume twice, NCsoft would have no reason to make the costume account bound.

Also im rather ignorant on this matter, but which game exactly has account-bound costumes?

Sorry i assumed so because what you said seemed pretty stupid to me.

you thinking we have to buy the same costume multiple times to make profits? When it would be best to buy a costume and move onto the next ones. I'm sorry but please do continue with why this flawed discouraging system will garner more profits for them? But there are people like you so i guess im wrong in that regard.

They're basically doing extra work so they can make money on a feature that shouldn't have to require much work at all to just make account bound. (if that makes any sense). I didn't really want to believe that NC will pull all the stops to make money but they're doing it. There should be a medium for everything they do, for example in this case. It takes 24-48 to ship from one character to another per item OR you can purchase this item to transfer to your character immediately & however many items as you want. Anyone else agree?

So I posted this in another thread just like this one and I'll post it here as well.

I'm on the side where I think the Wardrobe should be account wide. Now I have a few ideas how to get this to happen and how NCSoft can still make money doing it.

1st: Right off the bat anyone who bought the Master Pack before release should get an account wide wardrobe.

2nd: Premium Membership will get you the wardrobe (just like it does now), but if you want it account wide you need to buy a certian item from the store to unlock it.

3rd: FTP players have no wardrobe, but can buy a certian item from the store to unlock the wardrobe and also buy the other item to make it account wide.

This will make the NA/EU community happy and still make NCSoft money in the long run. Also if they feel that since outfits are now account wide they need to raise the price of some I'd be ok with that as well. I (and many others) would be more willing to purchase said outfit from the store if I new I'd be able to wear it on all of my characters.

10 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

I'd be willing to bet people who would be encouraged to buy more costumes because they are account bound would outstrip the few who are willing to throw money at duplicate costumes.

As for your question: Rift, WildStar, GW2, to name a few.

2 minutes ago, Wiitigo said:

So I posted this in another thread just like this one and I'll post it here as well.

I'm on the side where I think the Wardrobe should be account wide. Now I have a few ideas how to get this to happen and how NCSoft can still make money doing it.

1st: Right off the bat anyone who bought the Master Pack before release should get an account wide wardrobe.

2nd: Premium Membership will get you the wardrobe (just like it does now), but if you want it account wide you need to buy a certian item from the store to unlock it.

3rd: FTP players have no wardrobe, but can buy a certian item from the store to unlock the wardrobe and also buy the other item to make it account wide.

This will make the NA/EU community happy and still make NCSoft money in the long run. Also if they feel that since outfits are now account wide they need to raise the price of some I'd be ok with that as well. I (and many others) would be more willing to purchase said outfit from the store if I new I'd be able to wear it on all of my characters.

I disagree on number 1. Anything that NC gave us in the founders pack shouldn't be added to or taken away from them whenever they want. It's not going to happen & it wouldn't be fair for everyone else. 2. Premium members should get a discount sure, that's about as far as Premium would probably go.

31 minutes ago, Naunet said:

I'd be willing to bet people who would be encouraged to buy more costumes because they are account bound would outstrip the few who are willing to throw money at duplicate costumes.

As for your question: Rift, WildStar, GW2, to name a few.

I guess GW2 receive some updates, because when i was still playing costumes were account bound, and you had to pay money each time you want to transfer appearance...

Back to the topic, unless NCsoft see solid statistical data that in fact account-bound costumes would bring in more money, they wont change their policies based on "I'd be willing to bet". I would assume that the costume and cash shop policy we have now is based off of version of the game already release in other regions. The problem is, they cant really "experiment" with account-bound costume, as it is somewhat of an irreversible change. Imagine that they change all costumes to account-bound today, but one month later they changed it back because they are losing profit. Doing something like that would be blowing themselves up right in the face with social media.

Once again im not saying what NCsoft is doing is right, all im trying to do is be in their shoes.

49 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

Sorry i assumed so because what you said seemed pretty stupid to me.

you thinking we have to buy the same costume multiple times to make profits? When it would be best to buy a costume and move onto the next ones. I'm sorry but please do continue with why this flawed discouraging system will garner more profits for them? But there are people like you so i guess im wrong in that regard.

Insulting someone's opinion as stupid isnt exactly the best way to engage in a discussion. I dont think NCsoft need to have us buying same costume multiple times to make profit, but its a fact that a person buying the same costume twice = more money for them.

The argument for account-bound costume(which once again I must address that I am COMPLETELY FOR account-bound costume) is that if costumes are account-bound people will be more willing to buy them. But how exactly can we present this argument back with fact to NCsoft? We can run our mouth all day saying how many more costumes we would buy if they were account bound, but if they implemented this change and players still buy the same amount of costumes, then NCsoft risk losing profit.

5 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

Insulting someone's opinion as stupid isnt exactly the best way to engage in a discussion. I dont think NCsoft need to have us buying same costume multiple times to make profit, but its a fact that a person buying the same costume twice = more money for them. The argument for account-bound costume(which once again I must address that I am COMPLETELY FOR account-bound costume) is that if costumes are account-bound people will be more willing to buy them. But how exactly can we present this argument back with fact to NCsoft? We can run our mouth all day saying how many more costumes we would buy if they were account bound, but if they implemented this change and players still buy the same amount of costumes, then NCsoft risk losing profit.

You are the one who is stating that customers buying the same expensive costume again will encourage future purchases. Not to mention me, like lots of other people out there, want to see the hongmoon store revised. Unlike you who is attached to NCSOFTs hips like a baby to its mother. Yes, i still think your opinion is stupid. And games like these dont need people like you fighting to keep a trashy system that will ultimately turn many away because you fail to understand the basic concept of consumerism.  

Here is a random poll on reddit 

http://strawpoll.me/6724130/r

Oh and not to mention the hundreds of other game sites were people show their disgust with this game. The funny thing is there barely any white knights defending this robbery of a system.

7 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

You are the one who is stating that customers buying the same expensive costume again will encourage future purchases. Not to mention me, like lots of other people out there, want to see the hongmoon store revised. Unlike you who is attached to NCSOFTs hips like a baby to its mother. Yes, i still think your opinion is stupid. And games like these dont need people like you fighting to keep a trashy system that will ultimately turn many away because you fail to understand the basic concept of consumerism.  

I have said nothing of the sort. What i said what a person buying the same costume multiple times means more money for them, and for NCsoft thats their justification for dong non-account bound costume. Once again you are making absolutely retarded assumption, beside a month of wildstar, this is my first NCsoft game. Im not attached to NCsoft in anyway. Im not fighting to keep a trash system, in case you missed it multiple times(because of some eyes problems i assume), I am against non-account bound costume, I just dont see the possibility of it being changed.

umm that poll is for premium membership which is entirely another matter. But its a good start, if we can have masses agreeing and presenting our opinions in a more organized manner than maybe our voices can be heard, but aimless complains is most likely not the way.

On 1/28/2016 at 7:49 PM, KagamineRin said:

How I wish this was possible; even the ones we get from the wheels. Was expecting the package itself was tradable so I wouldn't have two of the same things in my wardrobe, but alas...

I wish you could at least salvage the "extra outfits" with a chance to get material (even a low chance) over what I am doing which is selling them for 1 cp all the time

8 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

Insulting someone's opinion as stupid isnt exactly the best way to engage in a discussion. I dont think NCsoft need to have us buying same costume multiple times to make profit, but its a fact that a person buying the same costume twice = more money for them.

The argument for account-bound costume(which once again I must address that I am COMPLETELY FOR account-bound costume) is that if costumes are account-bound people will be more willing to buy them. But how exactly can we present this argument back with fact to NCsoft? We can run our mouth all day saying how many more costumes we would buy if they were account bound, but if they implemented this change and players still buy the same amount of costumes, then NCsoft risk losing profit.

This logic is all over the place.

Im still buying outfits on a game I play casually, while, on here, a game I love, I havent brought a single cosmetic.   This system is user hostile.  Its impossible for me to speak for everyone, but, impluse buys usually only act once.  They see an outfit they want, and they have to have it.  They arent going to do it 3times in a row.  Collectors want to buy an outfit, and move on to the next one. No buy the same thing all over again. 

The only thing they risk losing is player interest. I havent even bother looking at the shop's gacha outfit because I know Im not getting it.  There will be users who are okay with this system sure. But, trust me when I say the saying is true: You catch more flies with honey.

4 hours ago, Sanjhiyan said:

The weapon skins being a one time use is a terrible idea. I actually wasted NCoin on one of these without realizing it.

5 minutes ago, Cinderous said:

I have said nothing of the sort. What i said what a person buying the same costume multiple times means more money for them, and for NCsoft thats their justification for dong non-account bound costume. Once again you are making absolutely retarded assumption, beside a month of wildstar, this is my first NCsoft game. Im not attached to NCsoft in anyway. Im not fighting to keep a trash system, in case you missed it multiple times(because of some eyes problems i assume), I am against non-account bound costume, I just dont see the possibility of it being changed.

Ok ,so there was some misunderstanding between us, I'm really sorry. However some people legitimately believe this will will provide them profits in the long run. A successful f2p game doesnt base almost all of the games aspects around its microtransaction store like BnS. I honestly thought they were just gonna sell a lot of costumes and some other small things, but it appears that nearly everything aspect of the game is based around grinding or waiting long periods of times (including deleting your character). All these restrictions are gonna eventually wear out people quick especially in 2016 when plenty of new upcoming games are gonna be releasing.

I dont see how BnS is gonna fair well. Game is good, just ruined by greed for me. Enjoy BnS though, and maybe NCSOFT will eventually start to be more active with the community or attempt to listen. Turning peoples frustrations into cash is just beyond crazy outright blatant greed. Many companies fix what customers have problems with for free. They don't turn a public outcry into another cash grab. I dont see how they will handle the future if that is their resolve to the problem...  

Archived