Forums

For the love of Mushin. Make the Costumes tradable or account bound.

Koopsy

7 minutes ago, Aziraya said:

Actually, what I mostly see is that people want to be able to send their outfits to their own multiple characters. People simply brought up being able to freely trade between other players as an example of how other games have done it so NCsoft can gauge the overall effectiveness of... well... not doing it how NCsoft is currently doing it.

This^^

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

A real hint at the pricing and functionality of this "item" would be greatly appreciated in a post like this. As you can see we get a variety of types of responses because you dont give us any real information.

As for my own reactions:

1) I'd rather this be free. I already think 15$ is too high a price for a character bound item. Ten dollars should be the max here with an account bound option being higher.

2) If this is indeed the way we are going to go. I am willing to pay a small fee (ie $1) to transfer my costumes from one character to another. If its a significant amount, this will backfire on you.

3) If this makes the item permanently account bound then I will pay slightly more.

4) Master Pack owners should retroactively be given these for the 3 outfit pieces that we were mislead to believe would be account bound.

8 hours ago, Enhance said:

Am I wrong in getting the feeling that it's like a one-time mail transfer, for money? Will it be permanently mailable to my characters?

8 hours ago, MarilynJeane said:

Ah HELL naw! You're telling me that I am going to have to PURCHASE an item to allow my other ALREADY PURCHASED item transfer to another character I create? So I have to pay double than what it's worth just to use my sexy outfit on another character? Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, this is unbelievable.

8 hours ago, TaruV said:

You'll probably get a lot more sales if you go about this is a non-gougey way.

8 hours ago, Phantium said:

As much as you are working on the game this isn't going well with these paid items I looked into your store things etc. I know this game from Korea and been waiting for it to be released but forgot about it anyhow, look at FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

You can purchase additional content like outfits and they are for all characters once you create a character a duplicate of all the items you have paid for are sent to you. This is a good system because it awknowladges the fact that someone has paid for the costumes and also this makes you want to buy more. 

Isn't FFXIV subscription based?  In games that you are having to pay to play, you should naturally expect better features that justify why a person is paying to play the game in the first place.  I could see you taking this stance if NCSoft had the western versions as P2P across the board, but that isn't the case.  While some costumes are bought, others are free.  For example, imagine somebody getting a rare costume out of a dungeon and then being able to move it around in the account.  It would reduce the reasons to run said dungeon again.  A good number of people won't bother with a dungeon anymore once they have everything they wanted.  This in the long term transitions to new players having a harder time finding members to do certain dungeons with for other reasons.  While having such a feature that you mentioned has advantages, you should also consider the disadvantages as well.    

1 hour ago, Ather said:

T

Vindictus has tradeable outfits (glamor/AH), TERA has them (AH), GW2 has them (outside of some event stuff).

The only costumes you can trade between characters on Vindictus NA are very limited, and they cannot be used on one character and then sent to another. The Outfitters are per toon only once they're used. The GW2 Outfits are available on all toons, but the armors are not, so yes, I'll give you that one. As someone pointed out you're incorrect about TERA though.

Is Tera and Vindictus the only other games that has character bound outfits? Because I haven't seen this in any other game and people keep mentioning that it's a common thing in mmos and I'd hardly call two mmos with it to be a common thing.

I mentioned SWTOR. In order to unlock outfits there you must either buy the unlock on each toon for an additional fee or for your account for a higher fee; same thing for mounts, pets, and certain other items. Black Desert has bound outfits; whoever you buy it on that's who gets it and that's that. I believe Dragon's Nest has character bound outfits. FF does not, but it's also $15 a month to play. ESO outfits are unlocked for subs/premium only AFAIK. TERA it is per character.

17 minutes ago, Raenef said:

Is Tera and Vindictus the only other games that has character bound outfits? Because I haven't seen this in any other game and people keep mentioning that it's a common thing in mmos and I'd hardly call two mmos with it to be a common thing.

It's a common thing. You pay for an outfit for a single character. I don't think anyone purchases one with the thought that it will shared among all the characters on the same account. To make it possible, one would expect the price of the costumes on the store to increase giving birth to account bound costumes. But even then more people would complain.

Keep your chin up, Mercenary!

Just throwing my thoughts out.

Since each race and sex has an actual different design for the same, let's say "Costume A DLC," I can see why a company would not want to make the DLC account bound. Most of us have just 2 character slots, so with that, we are getting two different costumes with the purchase of one account bound costume purchase.  That is one less sell that could have made for the company. (I'm not justifying that, that is most likely how they look at it from a corporate view).

This may drive the company that runs the game to raise the prices of the already too expensive DLC. Specially cosmetic DLC, to cover losses for a F2P game.

How about instead of account bound, NC simply makes the DLC more affordable? I come from a lot of DLC buying when it comes to Playstation games, but I don't know much about the MMO realm and far pricing of DLC. But $5 for a costume, specially a unique one based on character race and sex, sounds pretty fair to me. Even if I have to buy two of them, $10 is nothing compared to the current asking prices.

I'll never understand why a company would not want to "attract" as many spenders as possible with fair prices, over gambling the idea that there are "suckers" out their who will buy overpriced content. I guess companies are hoping you (the consumer) are either irresponsible with your money or that you are some kid, spending your parent's credit card blindly.

Hence the recent news of some kid using his "emergency credit card" giving to him by his father, and rung up over $8000 in Xbox Live FIFA DLC.

Fair prices makes people want to spend more and support a game they enjoy. I would have spent plenty of money already had this been the practice, and a lot more down the road. But as of now, find myself waiting for future price drops/sales.

But anyways, I honestly can't see an account bound feature coming to this game, because of the various designs you get from one cosmetic, but I do hope they either lower the prices to cater to a realistic Western Market. Or have REALLY good sales, REALLY frequently.

1 hour ago, Celli said:

It's a common thing. You pay for an outfit for a single character. I don't think anyone purchases one with the thought that it will shared among all the characters on the same account. To make it possible, one would expect the price of the costumes on the store to increase giving birth to account bound costumes. But even then more people would complain.

Keep your chin up, Mercenary!

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

I mentioned SWTOR. In order to unlock outfits there you must either buy the unlock on each toon for an additional fee or for your account for a higher fee; same thing for mounts, pets, and certain other items. Black Desert has bound outfits; whoever you buy it on that's who gets it and that's that. I believe Dragon's Nest has character bound outfits. FF does not, but it's also $15 a month to play. ESO outfits are unlocked for subs/premium only AFAIK. TERA it is per character.

Ehh, I would still say that the majority of mmos would have the either account bound costumes or completely tradeable ones. Even if its costumes are character bound in other games, it's still a horrid idea.

Premium membership is what a game like this should really be pushing, it's a steady income that people statistically keep on ordering rather then impulsive one time use outfits.

But what do I know, I am just a consumer not some marketeer. ( passive aggressiveness intended )

So here are my suggestions:

Make PM more expensive and give it real features, like:

-Shared wardrobe 

-Monthly outfits

-Shop reduction

-Shared achievements (actually just make this base)

Just some suggestions...

But the xp boost? How is this value to my upcoming 7 max level characters? And the daily spins, why even?

To give some perspective:

At this point my coins from my founder pack are still unspent because I do not feel like I would get value out of a buy, whilst with a more rewarding system I would have dropped another NC charge the first release day. At this point I feel like the temporary outfits in Asia felt like a better value for my Yuan.

So if I understand this correctly we have to pay double  for the  store cosmetics if we want them to be account-wide?  

And is it only store items that become account-wide or can we actually make all outfits account-wide? 

I'd pay for Premium  if we could get ALL UNLOCKED OUTFITS  shared across your account.  

I have no interest in farming every dungeon, every boss, ever quest to obtain the same outfits on my second main / alts. 

Could we get this as an option?  

i Might not have a issue with this as long as its a perm 1 time unlock to least be able to mail costumes to other chars. but till someting reasonable can be made or told then i just cant justfiy spending more money pm said game im a Master pack  owner, so  i believe i spent enough. if you want me and prob others  like me  to keep spending then you need to show that you deserve it with your actions :)  you can do this by being level with us and keeping up with a non cash gougeing method :)  but most Most certenly keep us up to date :) 

14 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

We will be adding an item that will allow you to trade Hongmoon Store costumes to another character on your account. See the below statement from January 23.

awesome. now i can buy a costume and buy an item to trade it. just please make the price reasonable like 1 dollar or something

Edit: OOOO its a one time use to make costume account bound? i wont mind spending 6-7 dollars on that.

Costumes purchased for NCoin (and the entire Wardrobe feature honestly) should be account-wide. Period, full stop, no dollar signs attached.

It's completely ridiculous that anyone at NCsoft thinks otherwise. The costumes are already obscenely overpriced for what they are, making people pay multiple times simply because they play more than one character is mind boggling.

I say this as somebody that doesn't play alts, and has purchased costumes for NCoin. It's straight up insulting TBH.

I hope by "purchasable" they mean via an ingame general merchant. I can see that being a decent goldsink. However, I'm sure everyone agree that putting the same "account bound" flag the founders costumes have on the rest of the shop costumes would be the ideal route, and likely not take so much work to just take down the server and apply to all shop costumes retroactively.

16 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

This is not what people want...At all...D: 

We want it to work like gw2, or any other MMO for that matter, where it's account bound, and either every character on your account that you make gets one, or through the wardrobe system...But charging us to switch ownership to another character isn't going to prove to be very popular. The problem with that is we've already paid 15 + dollars on an outfit, and then are going to have to pay AGAIN just to make the item mail-able to another character, and then have to repeat that process, paying every single time? We may as well just buy the costume over and over again. -_-

Any costumes purchased with Ncoin/Real money should be account-wide.

My two cents. Please make this change permanent. Needing to buy an item for something that should imo be account bound in the first place is annoying. Needing to buy it every time I want to mail a costume is purely obnoxious. I'd rather a more expensive permanent item than a cheap one time use item. I am doubtful you will make many people happy with a temporary change either way. In fact, you will even bring in the people who have more or less accepted the fact that we can't trade costumes on our own accounts and disappoint us too.

17 hours ago, Phantium said:

As much as you are working on the game this isn't going well with these paid items I looked into your store things etc. I know this game from Korea and been waiting for it to be released but forgot about it anyhow, look at FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

You can purchase additional content like outfits and they are for all characters once you create a character a duplicate of all the items you have paid for are sent to you. This is a good system because it awknowladges the fact that someone has paid for the costumes and also this makes you want to buy more. 

Not to Nitpick or berate FFXIV (As I love the game! ) but in all fairness it is a sub based game, and that changes allot of things. In a f2p game like this, every-time they do ANYTHING to the game, they have to balance it around "will it make us money to cover the time we put into it" and that's outside of greedy board members who just want higher quarterly returns.

so in credit to the misleading f2p marketing ploy, adding a cost to the costume to make it "unlocked" isn't a bad concept. Many f2p games have costumes that are one shot deals. Heck, it's where the company gets most their money. if they don't make it on non-game impacting customization, then eventually they will make it on game impacting stuff. I'd prefer to pay a bit more for a costume and keep my game f2p instead of p2w.

EDIT: I am also in support of making this purchasable unlock item permanent (for the costume you use it on). similar to unlocking a smartphone, once it's done, it's done. that costume can be freely traded on your account.

..speaking of which, whats the deal with no account wide storage? talk about devolving MMO's...common storage is about as common today as chips and dip. why do i have to spend MORE of my dwindling money just to get something over to a toon on my account? unlocking the costume sounds great...but then I'm spending coin on every character I send it too.

spend money to buy the costume

spend money to unlock it

spend copper each time im going to mail it

....the expenditures just keep adding up. It's like getting a free movie ticket...but then finding out that they charge you if you want an actual seat to sit in to watch the movie...and if you get up to go to the bathroom your charged again...

18 hours ago, MarilynJeane said:

Ah HELL naw! You're telling me that I am going to have to PURCHASE an item to allow my other ALREADY PURCHASED item transfer to another character I create? So I have to pay double than what it's worth just to use my sexy outfit on another character? Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz, this is unbelievable.

Not to mention the fact they left out Daily Spin cosmetics that are account bound spins but items are character bound ... or even Silver Dragon

18 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Ok so i guess it will be for extra cash, i got second proposition. Make second version of costumes for more bucks but account bound. 

Archived