Master loot abused in Cross-server Dungeon

ChibiDEVIL

Imma QQ, warned!

I have today just now experienced a very unpleasant and foul act by a certain player  in the EU server. This destroyer was the party leader and could change the loot mode for the party, at the very last 2-3% of the final boss' hp (Skittering Tunnels cross-server dungeon), after we all participated in the killings and time.  changed the looting to Master loot, where it was only  himself to be able to loot the drop, that we all want, but we got zeeeroooo benefits from killing the boss. There was no loot auction, but only anger from all other players, watching this player playing us all.

This loot mode is ruining the whole idea with cross-server dungeons... I do not like to be "cheated" like this. I would like you to remove this loot mode, cause we have people abusing it. What you decide to do with the player, is all up to you. I only want you to fix this problem, our problem. Please help us. Remove the Master loot mode or find a different solution to this problem.

I am sad to hear about this.

I must say thought maybe it would been better to send this as an e-mail to them instead of posting it on the forums, chances are that people who dont know about this abuse yet will learn it and soon every one will do it.

I did not know about it my self and i could easy now just do the same time, but as i am a fair player i wont do it.

I also hope they do fix this ASAP

Just now, Fitcher said:

I am sad to hear about this.

I must say thought maybe it would been better to send this as an e-mail to them instead of posting it on the forums, chances are that people who dont know about this abuse yet will learn it and soon every one will do it.

I did not know about it my self and i could easy now just do the same time, but as i am a fair player i wont do it.

I also hope they do fix this ASAP

I know very well about this too, and did submit a ticket as a start to the NCSOFT Support Team, but the instant reply was that i should take this to the forum.

Quote:

Van Today at 08:28

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! While we here at Support love hearing from you, the best place to get your feedback heard by the Devs is on the forums! If you log into your forum account, and then click on “Forums” and in the list of forum discussions, there is one called “General Discussion,” which I've linked for you below:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forum/421-general-discussion/

The developers are reading that forum thread constantly. If you can, please go there and submit any feedback that you have.

Regards,

Van
NCSOFT Support Team

15 minutes ago, Gongju said:

Why is there even an option like "Master Loot" in the first place? Never seen that before.

Because auction system is shit? because not everyone wants to " buy " there way to glory? Master loot has been used in mmos for ages, usually with guilds where a guild leader will pass out items via what ever system the guild decides on.  Its a good system when used right, i dont currently group because of shitty auction system... so i only group with guildies and we use master loot or we just decide who gets what. Honestly why is no roll system in game? its confusing....

1 minute ago, LordLokai said:

Because auction system is shit? because not everyone wants to " buy " there way to glory? Master loot has been used in mmos for ages, usually with guilds where a guild leader will pass out items via what ever system the guild decides on.  Its a good system when used right, i dont currently group because of shitty auction system... so i only group with guildies and we use master loot or we just decide who gets what. Honestly why is no roll system in game? its confusing....

So you prefer RNG over everyone having a legit chance at the item?  The auction system is fantastic and you even get money when you don't win, I don't see the issue :/

2 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

It is as you say. It's good. BUT the prerequisites to it is that ALL party members agree by vote and you cant change it during combat!

4 minutes ago, QuintessenceHD said:

So you prefer RNG over everyone having a legit chance at the item?  The auction system is fantastic and you even get money when you don't win, I don't see the issue :/

but thats just the thing isn't it? not everyone has a legit chance at the item... lemme give you some examples....

Example

Person A has 30 gold

Person B has 10 gold

Person C bought gold from sellers and has 1000 gold

How is this fair? obviously person C is going to win every single auction he comes up against it becomes a " i am rich so i win " scenario. Rolling on other hand means EVERYONE has an equal chance at the time, no one is advantaged by having tons of gold, and are never given a 100% chance because " i'm a ceramic prof and have a billion gold " vs everyone else who doesn't.

Dice rolls leaves fate up to chance, but its a far cry better then " the 1% always wins " scenario, and while i am not asking for auction system to be removed, a dice roll option is sorely needed. 

Edit: someone is going to say " but i get money " sure you do, but it doesnt get you items... i came to earn items not gold... are better ways to earn cash then trolling people to drive prices up so you get a better cut of the pot. 

1 minute ago, Rotha said:

They should just implement a vote system when the loot option gets changed. All the party members need to agree before it's changed. I don't understand why this was never implemented to begin with. 

Needs to be a vote, need to be LOCKED in once in combat, with inability to change it when you are fighting. 

5 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

I don't get why it's shit. You said it yourself, you only run with friends/guildies. So how would this auction system impact you if you guys decide who gets what and pay a fee that's divided among your friends/guildies? It's basically the same thing as a guild master choosing who gets what like lmao. It's only shit when some a-hole decides to keep the loot all for himself.

1 minute ago, LordLokai said:

but thats just the thing isn't it? not everyone has a legit chance at the item... lemme give you some examples....

Example

Person A has 30 gold

Person B has 10 gold

Person C bought gold from sellers and has 1000 gold

How is this fair? obviously person C is going to win every single auction he comes up against it becomes a " i am rich so i win " scenario. Rolling on other hand means EVERYONE has an equal chance at the time, no one is advantaged by having tons of gold, and are never given a 100% chance because " i'm a ceramic prof and have a billion gold " vs everyone else who doesn't.

Dice rolls leaves fate up to chance, but its a far cry better then " the 1% always wins " scenario, and while i am not asking for auction system to be removed, a dice roll option is sorely needed. 

There's a small flaw in your logic.

- Person C always spends gold and persons A+B gain gold.

- persons A-C are NOT always in the same party

- the next run person C will not be there or not bid on the items because person C already as it

I'd say this looks like abuse of a flaw in the system.

Looting options are an amazing thing, the more the marrier, but you should not be able to change loot options unless at least 5/6 or 4/6 people agree with it. It's the game's fault for letting this happen.

14 minutes ago, Andunye said:

There's a small flaw in your logic.

- Person C always spends gold and persons A+B gain gold.

- persons A-C are NOT always in the same party

- the next run person C will not be there or not bid on the items because person C already as it

that doesnt change that the RICH always win and the poor always lose...the system rewards rich players, and poor players are given " a little gold " in compensation... sure its a nice compensation but for me? nah sorry i'd rather equal chance for all to get the item, rather then a rich person always having the edge. 

18 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

that doesnt change that the RICH always win and the poor always lose...the system rewards rich players, and poor players are given " a little gold " in compensation... sure its a nice compensation but for me? nah sorry i'd rather equal chance for all to get the item, rather then a rich person always having the edge. 

RICH OR POOR this doesn't justify anything. The whole concept is everyone should leave with something in return, gold or materials, BUT in this case the damn leader decides to f us all and run away with everything, that he did not work for alone, we had no decision in this. 

Let's all stupidly imagine like, we are 6 persons spending time in robbing  a bank, together, at the very last moment, our leader decides to kill us all and leave with all the money or treasures by himself, or leave your team to be caught by the police and your leader flee with everything the team worked for. LOL!

We have a few people with good suggestions, so far on how to fix this problem, but we really need NCSOFT dev to respond.

7 minutes ago, ChibiDEVIL said:

RICH OR POOR this doesn't justify anything. The whole concept is everyone should leave with something in return, gold or materials, BUT in this case the damn leader decides to f us all and run away with everything, that he did not work for alone, we had no decision in this. 

Let's all stupidly imagine like, we are 6 persons spending time in robbing  a bank, together, at the very last moment, our leader decides to kill us all and leave with all the money or treasures by himself, or leave your team to be caught by the police and your leader flee with everything the team worked for. LOL!

We have a few people with good suggestions, so far on how to fix this problem, but we really need NCSOFT dev to respond.

Just because you got screwed doesnt make master loot bad though, just means devs need to lock down the loot choice once combat starts... it sucks yea i dont worry because i just run with friends. Most dungeons can be 2 manned anyway as long as you keep up on your gear least up to what i've played.  Still i agree that it was shitty and needs fixed asap...

I suffered it yesterday, i post it in forums and was deleted (i understand i should not put the name of the character but if that player doesnt have any shame on doing that exploit, i wont have any shame or fear to put his name in forum). Obviusly i report him with a ticket, they told me will investigate it, but i wont recive any notice about his actions agains that "player".

No only that guy has stlen all our loot, he mock agains us saying thats legal and it will do it again, and again...

To be honest, this needs a fix really quick, or ill start doing the same, lets see if other people report it and we make some more noise.

1 hour ago, LordLokai said:

Needs to be a vote, need to be LOCKED in once in combat, with inability to change it when you are fighting. 

That would make sense.

I've heard of this exact thing happening in other games, but in my experience the devs always regard it as working as intended, perfectly legit.  Maybe this game will be different...

Just now, Qondar said:

That would make sense.

I've heard of this exact thing happening in other games, but in my experience the devs always regard it as working as intended, perfectly legit.  Maybe this game will be different...

Except thats way it works in almost every other mmo i've played... its locked down while in combat... >>

Archived